There was a man, a horse, and oh! A butterfly too (Erzotol)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

Postby Tessa Poe on July 29th, 2011, 11:10 pm

Time Stamp: 55th of Summer 511 AV - Early Morning

Stretching and yawning Tessa rolled over, tossing the cover of her bedroll away as the temperature started to rise. She could already tell it was going to be another warm one as she yawned again and sat up, remembering to duck just a little to avoid the cross pole overhead. She reached for her tunic and roughly pulled it on before crawling out of her tent, idly running her hand through her hair and pursing her lips at just how greasy it felt. Probably best that she wash it today, and she was fairly sure she was going to need to fetch some water anyway given that her waterskins were running low again. There was a little stream not too far from her camp site, so breakfast first, then pack up and head out that way. Unfortunately that begged the question of just what food she had left.

Well there was a little of last night's bird left, though she wasn't sure what species it had been. Still it had been tasty enough, burned as it had been, and she had some of the blackberries left. So that was breakfast then, half a small bird on a spit and some berries. "Oh the glamorous life you lead Tessa." She muttered sourly as she pulled a little canvas bundle from the tent and unwrapped what was left of the bird within it. She never really liked leaving half a carcass just sitting around, she’d learned very quickly that things tended to be eaten when she did that, which made these small sheets a godsend for storing them in. She gave it a once over and spitted it with asharpened stick before setting it over the ashes of last night's fire. She reached back into the tent behind her and dragged her coat out, searching through the pockets til she found the little pouch she was looking for and flipped it open. So... a little salt is all I should use really, don't want to waste the rest of it on something this small do I? Although it was a little bland... oh what the hell She drizzled a little sprinkle of salt over the half bird and on a whim added some basil too while poking at the ashes, smiling as she found there was little heat left in them after all. She started carefully adding some of the smaller twigs she'd collected last night to avoid smothering the bit of heat that was left and waited for them to catch.

It was probably a good thing that she was heading out of here, it was foolish to camp in the same place for too long. Even this close to the city the woods weren't exactly safe, and it was getting towards the time when she'd have to head back there too, and this time she'd have to see who was hiring. Still that meant heading off somewhere else and she couldn't help but wonder where. The crackling and popping of the fire as it finally caught brought her back to the here and now and she added some more of the wood, nodding in satisfaction as it caught in turn. "And this time you're not going to burn it, are you?" she half scolded herself as she waited for the right moment to turn the bird, watching it carefully as she popped a couple of the blackberries into her mouth and chewed them slowly, relishing their slightly sour not quite ripe taste, it had always been a favourite of hers for some reason. She started to hum softly as she turned the bird, trying to remember the notes to one of her Ma’s tunes. So far so good as far as this day went it had to be said.
Last edited by Tessa Poe on August 2nd, 2011, 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tessa Poe
The Neurotic Wanderer

Words: 241539
Joined roleplay: July 21st, 2011, 8:32 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Erzotol Silverden on July 30th, 2011, 12:00 am

This was a day for riding; this was a day to feel the wind in his hair, and his bow in his hands. It was a good day, and most certainly one that Airiat enjoyed, his poor strider fearing he had forgotten about him. He held onto the bridle of his yvas with only one hand, leaving the other arm to wave, and cut through the wind, his body feeling as free as ever. The strider wasn't so fast out in these new lands, but his speed suited Erzotol just fine, as this was mainly just a leisure sort of ride, for the joy of animal and master both. Nudging the sides of the horse with his boots, he urged him to move faster, now holding the leather handle with both hands, just so he wouldn't lose his seat with the increase. Trees zoomed past the pair as they covered ground quickly, and for a moment Erzotol simply closed his eyes and enjoyed the wind whipping through his air. The pair had started out around sunrise, Erzotol ever the early bird, and had been riding for a good few bells now. He opened his eyes again, and placing a hand on the bridle, he leaned over and patted the horses muscular neck twice in rapid succession, their pre-arranged signal for slowing down, and soon Airiat was trotting along the road, quite satisfied with his time stretching his legs.

Erzotol smiled and looked out over the area they were in, the road was supposed to be among the safest, but it never hurt to be on guard Erzotol knew. His misty blue eyes scanned the landscape, and widened slightly when they detected wisps of smoke none too far ahead, which suggested either intelligent life, or a forest fire. Hoping it was the former, he urged Airiat into a canter, and slowly, but none to silently made their way to the camp. A soft noise was the first thing he noticed, before spying the girl tending to a fire it looked like, and it sounded like quite the tune, though music he had never heard of. " Ho, stranger " he called out in greeting, raising his hand high in the air as a gesture of piece, and announcing his prescience incase she hadn't heard the horse's strides.

Slowly he swung his leg around the opposite side of his strider away from the girl, and hopped down on the ground, leaving his bow, sword, and shield hanging on his yvas as he walked to properly greet the woman. He didn't want to frighten her or any such thing, and he didn't much fear for his safety around the woman. His eyes kept to her face, and only her face as he approached her, but where he did look he scrutinized to the minutest detail. One could tell a lot by the eyes for instance, though he had not the talent to read them, he could occasionally sniff out foul intentions if they had shifty eyes. Her eyes where blue like his, though even more dominate, looking bluer, than the silvery blue hue his took on. He extended his arm to her, and offered her a slight bow, waiting to rise before speaking again. " Erzotol Silverden of the Diamond Clan at your service, and who might you be woodland maiden? " he asked in his usual deep voice, though it possessed a slight friendliness that he only offered to friends and complete strangers.
Erzotol Silverden
of the Diamond Clan

Words: 148027
Joined roleplay: March 27th, 2011, 8:39 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Tessa Poe on July 30th, 2011, 12:46 am

Tessa carefully turned the spit again, really concentrating on not charring her small breakfast as she carried on humming, having finally remembered the tune properly. She really should practice a little more regularly, if her Ma were still alive she'd only scold her for not keeping up with it as much as she should. Tessa smiled at the memories, it was almost as if she could still hear her voice if she tried hard enough. It wasn’t something that she ever wanted to forget either.

So lost in thought was she in fact that she quite missed the arrival of the horse and rider at the edge of her little camp, the first sign she had that he was there at all was the sound of his greeting breaking through her thoughts. and cutting off her hum mid-note. Tessa turned, shifting from where she was sitting into a guarded crouch as several things occurred to her in quick succession. Firstly the man had called out a greeting and then introduced himself with a polite bow, that wasn't exactly hostile, secondly he'd left his weapons on his horse which was also entirely unhostile and thirdly, she wasn't wearing any breeches. This really wasn't the ideal way to meet someone for the first time. She quickly grabbed up her coat and laid it over her thighs, hiding them away as she glanced into her tent to where her weapons lay. Stupid Tessa, stupid, you know you shouldn't leave them out of reach... even if he doesn't seem threatening... what if he had been?

It was then she realised that she'd been sitting here staring at the man for what was probably an uncomfortably long time and she flushed slightly with embarrassment. She knew she should say something in reply to his polite greetings but she had no idea what. What did he say his name was? Erzotol? Given the braid patterns on his armour and the clan he mentioned that made him a Drykas... what was a Drykas doing all the way out here? Actually come to think of it he could probably ask the same of her. She really should say something now.

"Good... good morning." She finally managed, cursing herself silently and flushing even brighter beneath her tanned skin as her voice cracked at first. "I'm sorry, I wasn't expecting to see anyone else out here this morning… oh, sorry, forgetting my manners, I'm Tessa, Tessa Poe." She lapsed back into silence again as her eyes wandered up and down his form, he was actually rather handsome in a sort of rugged way, seemed more than used to the outdoors too. His eyes though, when hers met his, hopefully showing no signs of the nerves she felt, she found herself unable to look away for a moment. There was a silverly sheen to them, not something she’d seen before and it was oddly fascinating, like twin pools of some kind gathering in the moonlight. "I was... ermm... about to have breakfast, there's not all that much but if you wanted to share some then feel free to pull up a patch of dirt, there's plenty of that to go around at least." Tessa finished with a smile to go with her weak joke, her brain finally reminding her that she had a pair of daggers in her coat should she really have to defend herself. It was a comforting thought. Less comforting was the appearance she must be presenting to him though. She must look like some sort of savage or something... and it was then she caught the scent of burning and her eyes flicked to the little half bird on the spit. Bugger. echoed resignedly through her mind as she reached out to quickly whip the spit away from the fire, her breakfast sadly a little on the charred side.
Last edited by Tessa Poe on September 21st, 2011, 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tessa Poe
The Neurotic Wanderer

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Donor (1)

Postby Erzotol Silverden on July 30th, 2011, 2:50 am

A shifting movement brought his eyes down for a fraction of a second, and a bit of color came to his cheeks as he saw that she was only half dressed, though thankfully, her exposed legs where now covered with the newly moved coat. Instantly his eyes looked to hers again, though the traces of his embarrassment for looking still lingered on his face, and he required a moment’s pause to collect himself. Which seemed all well giving that the girl made no move to great him similarly, probably stunned by his appearance, though he thought she would have at least been alerted by his horse, but such things where not always guaranteed as some malady may be in effect on the poor girl. A sigh escaped his lips as he continued to stand awkwardly before her, and tension began to settle around his shoulders. Why didn't she respond? Was she mute, did she not understand common, was here mind too gone from her to think? All these thoughts ran through his mind as he continued to stare back at the girl, trying to seem as calm as possible, but anxiety bubbled underneath the surface.

Finally the woman spoke up, and a relieved look came to his face as he finally breathed out, just realizing he had been holding his breath. " Good morning it is " he replied warmly, and took to a crouching position so that he didn't so much tower over her, " It is fine, I fear I would have been in such a disarray as well if some stranger stumbled across my camp as well. " A smile crossed his weathered features, but instead of moving to sit down, he stood up once more, and dusted off his callused hands on his white cotton pants. " I would enjoy your company, but as for breakfast, I can provide for myself, and you since I did mess up your meal " he said gesturing to the fire that she had already noticed, and waited till she turned back around to face him before he spoke. " If you will, I would like to tend to my horse for a moment, and you could make yourself more comfortable if you so wished " he added, taking in mind that he had caught her unawares, and she might not be so willing to entertain guests so vulnerable.

At her leave he would turn on his heel towards his steed, and would proceed to remove the yvas from Airiat's back, setting the contraption of white leather on the ground, and extracting his bag from the pile to retrieve a brush within. With the brush in hand, he slowly combed through the soft coat of fur on the animals neck first, being careful with any tangles he came across in its mane, disentangling them with gentle brushing, and finger work. He slowly worked his way through the horse’s soft coat, till he felt Airiat could munch on grass in relative comfort, and then reopened his bag, and stowed away the brush inside of it, before closing it up, and slinging it over his shoulder. Slowly he came back to the camp, and sat in the same position he crouched before, opening up the pack, and setting aside a nice section of dried meat for the woman, along with a collection of dried berries, before collecting some food for himself. Looking up, he would gesture to the food, while his eyes sought to find hers. " Feel free to help yourself "
Erzotol Silverden
of the Diamond Clan

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Tessa Poe on July 30th, 2011, 3:29 pm

She caught that little flick of his eyes downwards and unconsciously wrapped the coat a tighter round her legs, not that it mattered, he’d already seen the scars, how could he have missed them? She bit down hard on her lip, trying to turn her thoughts away from those particular memories, she knew she already looked like some kind of savage and she really didn’t want to give this Erzotol the impression she was out of her mind too.

She was grateful when he crouched and carried on talking, squinting up at him was a little uncomfortable and the movement was a welcome distraction. From the way he was acting it seemed that he wanted her to feel more at ease, which was nice. It really seemed like he was just a fellow traveller and not someone bent on robbing her blind. That thought was even nicer. She did her best to keep smiling as he spoke, breaking into a genuine one as he mentioned the charred bird and nodding gratefully in response to his offer. “Go right ahead, I’ll just, you know, get dressed and everything. I don’t make a habit of inviting people to join me when I’m not wearing my trousers.”

She watched him for a moment, he was going back to his horse after all and that’s where those weapons of his were, it wasn’t likely that they were just for show. When he started stripping the tack from the animal she scrambled back into her tent and started ferreting around for her trousers, finally finding them crushed against the side. Oh fantastic… they’re going to be soaked… can’t wear the other ones, they’re even worse. Tessa shuddered as she dragged them on, she hated the cold feel of them, even in this warm weather there was something so unpleasant about it. She managed to force them on, doing the belt up with its usual clatter of buckler against scabbard and hesitated for a moment, he’d probably heard that and she didn’t want to give him the impression she was arming herself. That could end unpleasantly. She quickly undid her belt again and slipped the sword free, laying it and the attached shield on the floor before leaving the tent just as he’d finished with his horse it seemed, hoping that he’d notice that she’d left them behind.

He sat as she tried to do something with her hair, dragging it back into her usual rough pony tail before her eyes fell to the provisions he was portioning out for her, she had to admit it looked an awful lot more inviting than what she had. “There now, all done, and thank you very much for the offer, looks a lot better than what I had left, though I’ve got some blackberries that’re fresh, they’re not quite ripe but I’ve always preferred them that way, there’s a tartness to them that’s really refreshing in the morning you know?” She bent to collect another one of the berries and popped it into her mouth then with a smile, it was always best to show what you were offering didn’t contain anything untoward by trying it yourself after all. You always did hear tales of bandits that came with false kindness and offers of drugged food. “You caught me at something of a bad time for hosting I’m afraid, I was going to head back into Syliras for supplies today so I’m a little understocked” She smiled again as she sat easily by her coat, eyes flicking up and catching his again as she reaced over to take the offered dried meat and carefully biting into it, not out of worry that he’d tampered with it, he was taking his own food from the same supply which meant it was probably safe, but more with the caution born out of experience with the different ways people spiced it. She’d never quite seen the point of meat that tasted, well like burning and nothing else. “I can see you’re not from around here, you’re one of the Drykas aren’t you? I spent a little time round Endrykas when I was a kid, used to find it with the trade caravan I grew up on and… I’m babbling aren’t I?” She stopped for a moment to collect herself again, hand unconsciously running over her thigh and the scars now hidden safely beneath her still damp breeches before asking “So… what brings you out this way? Just seeing some of the world?
Last edited by Tessa Poe on July 31st, 2011, 11:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tessa Poe
The Neurotic Wanderer

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Donor (1)

Postby Erzotol Silverden on July 31st, 2011, 1:29 am

His broad shoulders visibly relaxed as he witnessed the woman return fully clothed, and he settled back on his hand, as relaxed a posture as ever. From what he could see now that he could look at her better, and more fully she seemed to be unarmed, and though appearances could be deceiving, he didn't feel a need to mistrust this woman at the moment. She carried herself rather well, and already he knew from looking so long at her face that she was pretty, but yet not looking out of place roughing it in the wilderness. Such strength was something to respect, and likely she took pride in roughing it out here in the wilds, like Erzotol did back in the sea of grass. He would never try such a thing here in the wilds of this new and strange land though, as one didn't live long second guessing everything around them, and not knowing the local denizens of the wood. Perhaps if he learned he could give it a try some time, but he doubted any of the natives would spare the time to teach a foreigner like him, regardless of their temperament. He was on his own out here it seemed, but having conversation with other people helped ease the loneliness in the strange land.

" I'm not so familiar with berries, was always the hunter, and never the forager but I'm sure it is as you say " he offered with a smile, popping a chunk of dried meat in his mouth and slowly chewing it. When he got past the salty flavor, he could taste the bittersweet tanginess that marked the meat as dried Zibri meat, and the smoothness of the texture further solidifying the claim. It was the last of his meat from Endrykas, and he was curious about how the animals here tasted, though he was sure his iron stomach could survive any of the local cuisine. " I am unannounced so prepared isn't expected, but I thank you graciously for your offered hospitality, I didn't expect such kindness so far from home " he said, before taking another bite, and thoughtfully chewing for a few moments. She guessed well to his origin, which surprised him, and at the same time didn't as if she spent any time in the moving city she would have sure have recognized his dress which was drykas through and through. He swallowed before speaking to her, not wanting to be rude, and talk with his mouth full. " Fear not, I enjoy hearing talk of my homeland, how did you like our fair city? " he offered, now contentedly full, and resting back on his elbows. " Simply riding out from Syliras, only to return the same day, my strider Airiat and I wanted a chance to stretch our legs after so long, what of you? What brings you this way?
Erzotol Silverden
of the Diamond Clan

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Tessa Poe on July 31st, 2011, 11:44 am

Tessa waved away his thanks for her hospitality with a wide grin as she took another larger bite of the dried meat, her charred half bird quite forgotten as the oddly bitter-sweet flavours danced across her palate. It wasn't a common taste for Syliras, maybe he'd brought it with him from Endrykas? The more she thought on it the more it seemed familiar, maybe she'd had something similar when she'd been there? That really wasn't all that important though, fact was it was tasty! "Well my Ma always said that we've got to look out for each other when you're out in the Wilds, well the woods in this case, never know when you'll need a helping hand. Course that doesn't mean you should trust just anyone who comes along, but I got the feeling you were alright Erzotol, not like some of the people you meet out here..." Tessa trailed off, not wanting to go into details about the number of times she'd had to hide from other travellers on the road before. They might have been innocent in their intentions, but groups of armed men weren't exactly the sort of company you just walked up and introduced yourself to, not if you wanted to keep breathing.

She scooped up a handful of the dried berries, smiling as she recognised them as red currants and happily chewing them before making her reply. "Last time I was there was three years ago, Endrykas I mean, and... I was a little envious of you all. To live like that, always on the move, no walls or stone to keep you in, and the people I met were so friendly, I bought these... Tessa paused as she reached to ferret around in her coat before finding her dice cup with its fairly simple but lovely, at least as far as Tessa was concerned, knot-work and produced it. She gave it a little shake to let the ivory dice inside rattle against one another to give him an idea of what it was before continuing, "while I was there, won a gold miza with them too in my first game! I don't know if they let me win though, they were trying to teach me some Pavi at the same time, ahhh it was nice, sort of reminded me of the caravan really. Like one big family all together... oh, but you asked why I was out here didn't you? Sorry, it's a bad habit of mine, I know I talk too much sometimes... ermmm... anyway I live out here most of the time, can't stand being in Syliras for too long. It's all too crowded and cramped, and dark too, I don't know how they stand it! To be stuck with all that weight hanging over you, getting lost in the corridors... nope, that's not for me. I mean I stay pretty close to it most of the time, unless I'm working, but you couldn't pay me to actually live there." Tessa realised just how much she'd been talking as she took a mouthful of water, remembering that she still had to get to the stream before she travelled back today. There was plenty of time for that though, it wasn't often that she got the chance at pleasant company for breakfast.

Though maybe he'd come with her, and then they could head back to Syliras? He said he didn't know much about the land round here, or foraging for that matter, and he was a hunter. Maybe they could come to an arrangement? Having some more meat for the road would be good, and she could show him some of the better things to eat round here? It sounded like he was going to be staying for a while after all, it'd be useful for him, and she could always cook the meat before she went back to Syliras, that'd let it keep for a couple of days at least. She nibbled again at the dried meat, wanting to make it last as she tried to think of a way to put her idea to him that wouldn't be offensive, she didn't want to annoy him by suggesting he didn't know something, some people got touchy about that. Which wasn't something she understood really, if you didn't know something why be all touchy about it? Better to find out than not to, right? "So... ermm you said you've not really gotten to know the area that well? Thing is I need to get some water from a stream that’s not far from here, and you could come with me if you like. I might be able to show you a couple of things that’re good eating if we see any? I think I saw some Arrowhead yesterday for a start. I mean it’s okay if you don’t want to or you’ve got to get back soon, but since we’re both going to be heading back to Syliras at some point today it seems silly not to go together, safety in numbers and all that…” Tessa trailed off again, hoping that she hadn’t offended him. She didn’t think she had, but you never could tell.
Last edited by Tessa Poe on August 10th, 2011, 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tessa Poe
The Neurotic Wanderer

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Donor (1)

Postby Erzotol Silverden on August 1st, 2011, 3:01 pm

He smiled back at the woman, and ran a rough hand through the tangle of his hair, while he listened to her, and still he persisted to nod his thanks to the woman. Even out on the sea of grass, homeland like it was, you didn't always see such kind hospitality, except from kin, or another drykas, but this one was generous enough, and he thought back that maybe he was a bit wrong about his misconceptions of the people who dwelled in this land, perhaps it was good as it was back in the moving city, thought that was still to be seen. " Well then, it is good that your eyes keep you safe, such bands are almost always better to be avoided unless it's a group of the knights, then it might be alright to chance " he offered, still mulling over the idea that soon his training would begin in full, and he could be among those men that patrolled the wilds. It brought a wide smile to his face, and a sparkle to his eyes that only the wanderlust of the road could bring, and the promise of a adventure for one such thing.

His eyes fell upon the cup, and the corners of his lip curved up, as the craftsmanship reminded him much of his homeland. " The work is fine, a fitting memento for your time amongst the horse clans, and tells me that you are much a fine person to be having in company if my brothers enjoyed a game with you " he said with another grin. Speak of Endrykas clouded his eyes for a moment, his mind lost in hazy thoughts that reminded him of his life there, both good and bad, before he blinked his eyes a few times and looked at her, catching the other half of her conversation with him. " I agree, the foreign walls are much more different then the beloved Endrykas, I have no idea what the people do for when it gets cold. Endrykas always moves around and so the people who travel with it enjoy constant warm weather while we follow the Zibri herds. I have no idea how I am going to handle my first winter when it comes along, as I enjoy the outdoors, but not so much the cold, and my poor strider will likely be none to happy as well. Out here would be a nice enough life, not so different from the Sea of Grass, and I pray the knights, if I pass their tests will let me patrol these lands more often than not, cause I fear I could little stand the cramped quarters of the city for so long " he said, his thoughts drifting to worry of life in the city while he trained, and no longer sleeping under the stars, but under cold, unfriendly stone for the night. It did not sit well with him much at all.

He paused for a moment, mulling over the proposition in his head, and he found he rather liked it. It would be a good way to learn of the area, and the woman was kind enough that he did not fear for his safety. Out here he was constantly at a disadvantage but perhaps she would eliminate this for him, which would be nice. " I would be happy to go get water with you, and accompany you back to the city. I had no other plans for the day, and I could certainly use a working knowledge of this new land that you seem to have " he said, tipping his head towards her, and pushing himself back to a sitting position, sitting up straight, and stretching his arms out.
Erzotol Silverden
of the Diamond Clan

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Tessa Poe on August 1st, 2011, 4:33 pm

Tessa smiled softly as he spoke of Endrykas, watching the play of emotions across his face. He seemed miles away for a moment or two, as if he really was back home again, and she almost felt a little guilty for seeing that in him, she wasn't sure why though. The way he spoke of Endrykas seemed so personal and private, maybe that's all it was. That feeling vanished as her smile turned into another wide grin at his comment on her souvenir, she was fine company despite the fact he'd come across her half naked and filthy in a clearing in the woods. Gods she'd forgotten how long it'd been since she'd had a nice conversation like this and for a change she actually wanted it to carry on, even if she ended up making a fool of herself. She stowed her dice cup carefully back in its proper place within her coat before her eyes flicked back up to his again, nodding along with his conversation and nibbling at the dried meat he'd offered, trying to make it last as long as she could. She'd have to ask what it was at some point, if she remembered.

For some reason she was surprised when he mentioned he was training to be a knight, she'd thought he was just travelling or something. She wasn't entirely sure why it was such a surprise though, maybe it was just that she'd have expected him to have stayed on the Sea of Grass, she was sure that's what they called it, to defend his clan and people. Why come all the way to Syliras to take up the Knights' cause? It was a good cause true, one of the best she'd come across, and if it weren't for them and their efforts to keep the road safe she'd never have been able to survive out here, but still. To think that he'd come so far into what was unknown territory, and was willing to put up with the cramped maze of the city with all that entailed... it wasn't often you met people like him. The more Tessa thought on it the more it seemed that the fact that he'd done all of this spoke more about his character than she'd expected to learn... well, that settled it. She'd show him everything she could on their little journey together. It might help him feel a little more settled in the area, and to maybe it'd be of use some time down the road when he was out on those patrols he hoped to run.

"Whatever I can do to help good squire, it'd be a pleasure to have good company like yours for the trip back. I hope I won't slow your return trip too much though," wait, why had she said that? "I... ermm... don't ride you see, always preferred my own two feet for some reason, and if they're not good enough to get me somewhere then I'm obviously not meant to go there." Why was she still talking!? She couldn't believe she'd just said that. Did it sound like an insult to his horse, or his riding skills? Oh Gods she should have just said how happy she was that he'd agreed to come and then kept her mouth shut. She should say something to fix this, and quickly, before he got annoyed or something. "Not that I'm saying my way's better or anything, not at all, I just... you know, ermm... I'm sorry, I didn't quite mean it to come out like that, I errmm..."

Fix-it-fix-it-fix-it-fix-it-fix-it-fix-it-fix-it-fix-it!

The words beat a frantic rhythm inside her mind as a nervous laugh bubbled past her lips, her eyes wide with the building panic and for the life of her she couldn't think of a way to make this better. She tried to guess at his reaction, but the echoing thoughts were too much of a distraction. She needed to do something, quickly... anything!
"I... no offence... meant?" She managed to force out in halting, stumbling Pavi. It had been years since she'd had to speak it, and she was fairly sure she'd made a mistake somewhere in there, but it was the thought that counted right? He'd see that she'd made the effort to show some respect by using his people's tongue, that she really hadn't meant to offend him. Well, she hoped so at least as she drew her legs up and wrapped her arms around them, hugging them to her chest to try and calm herself down as she peered nervously over her knees at Erzotol.
Tessa Poe
The Neurotic Wanderer

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Donor (1)

Postby Erzotol Silverden on August 3rd, 2011, 1:01 am

The woman seemed like she got easily nervous, but he could tell her heart was in the right place, and he felt for her, knowing in a distant way her spirit was not to unlike his. Though he wasn't that deep, and never express thoughts verbally that fully, the idea was warming, and kept a smile on his face even as the woman stumbled over her words. He offered a disarming laugh, it was all he could think of to diffuse the situation, and further put her at ease and with a genuine smile, and he continued to peer over at her, his right arm resting casually over his knee. " No offence taken milady and your company will be well worth any slow down I assure you. I am not so thick headed to believe that everyone has to adore horses or its blasphemy " he said in a lighthearted tone, chuckling at the end as he mocked knocking on his head with a balled fist. His did widen a bit at her use of pavi, broken as it was, but he quickly remembered that she had spent some time in Endrykas, and that he shouldn't really be that surprised. Still it could be fun speaking to the girl in his native tongue, and seeing how much she had learned among his brothers and sisters.

" Your pavi is not too bad, I see you learned more than how to pick pretty dice cups during your stay "he said in a friendly gibe, and paused for a moment before continuing. " Do you fancy going to the well now? " He ended it by standing up straight and then leaning over to offer a helping hand to the pretty young girl, his smile warm and inviting. If she took his hand he would pull her easily up, and then take a step back, waiting either for her to speak or lead the way, depending on how much she understood of what he said, and what she felt lead to do.
Erzotol Silverden
of the Diamond Clan

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Next