[Flashback] The Boy in the Grass (Bolden)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Laria on August 2nd, 2011, 11:41 pm

She paused when she caught the boy open his eyes. They were a curious colour, imitating the sun outside. He didn't seem to notice her at first; he seemed to intent on studying the odd support fixed to his leg. She frowned a little when he tried to sit up. His face immediately paled and he flopped back. Laria almost leapt out of the seat to get help again, but she resisted when a bit of colour quickly returned to his cheeks.

When he turned, she blinked, seeing the full colour of his eyes. They really were as she thought. Golden, just like the midday sun. She frowned.
"I found you just beyond my family Pavilion. Can you remember your Pavilion name so we can tell your own family?" If this boy were the son of his family Ankal, then she was sure they would be going out of their minds with worry by now. He was definitely not from the Amethyst Clan, that much she knew. Nor was he an Emerald boy, since she knew a lot of the other children over there.

She stood and collected some of the tea the healer had left, along with some rolled-up blankets. She motioned for him to try and sit forward for a second so that she could lay them behind him to act as pillows. That way he could drink the tea she would then hand to him.
Laria
of the Amethyst Clan

Words: 58701
Joined roleplay: July 31st, 2011, 8:33 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Bolden Denusk on August 3rd, 2011, 12:33 am

Bolden's eyes went dark and clear as wild honey as he earnestly tried to recall what seemed at the tip of his tongue.

"I don't remember anything before I saw you and your golden hair. There's something stiff on the back of my hair so I think I hit my head too hard."

Little curls clung to his neck and forehead, just brushing his ears. His cheeks turned more rosy, not at the effort, but from impending fever.

The boy held his leg as still as possible but the poor setting and flimsy tree bark just made the ends of the bones jar together. He paled but made no complaint as he sat up for her.

Laria's touch was cool and soothing and her smile was lovely. Not one to pass up an opportunity, he leaned into the blankets she offered and smiled at her.

"Thank you."

He was very thirsty and would drink anything right now. He looked at the cup she held, raising an eyebrow.

"What is it?"

Secret :
OOC: It's perfect to read now! thank you!
Bolden Denusk
Cursed

Words: 196002
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2011, 7:37 pm
Blog: View Blog (6)
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Laria on August 3rd, 2011, 12:54 am

She could see that the boy was having trouble with his memory. His clothings didn't seem to show any indication of Clan; there was no significant colour on him.
"It's a dressing. I think you hit your head so hard it bled."
She glanced toward the neat selection of fresh dressings, waiting for when it needed changing.

"Ah, it's a herbal tea from the medic. He didn't say what it does, but I'm sure you will feel better if you drink it."
She held the cup out to him again and smiled. Still she wondered who this boy - Bolden - was.
"I'm Laria." She smiled again. "Maybe you just need to sleep? Maybe you will remember things in the morning."
Laria
of the Amethyst Clan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Bolden Denusk on August 3rd, 2011, 5:02 pm

He took the cup from her and felt a bit out of place. Somehow he felt the cup should be a little more elaborate, and his surroundings more lavish. Bolden was distinctly out of place, though he didn't know why.

Bold took the cup from her and sniffed it.

"It smells like horse sh---sweat."

The boy downed it quickly and wrinkled his nose at the bitter taste. His head felt three sizes too large, but it didn't hurt. His leg however seemed to burn though he was feeling colder by the minute. The sun barely reached toward noon but he was exhausted. He shivered and lay back down on the blankets, to look up at Laria.

"Laria's a nice name, but you look like a Palomino to me. Sleep sounds good about now," Bold yawned mid-sentence and continued,
"and I'm sure everything will be much better tomorrow, palomino."

Bolden took hold of her hand with his left, using his invalid status as much as possible. If nothing else in all this, he got to hold a pretty girl's hand...
Last edited by Bolden Denusk on August 3rd, 2011, 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bolden Denusk
Cursed

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Laria on August 3rd, 2011, 6:36 pm

She could only imagine how it must feel to not remember anything. She noticed the confusion on his face as he took the mug and felt a stab of sympathy.

Laria couldn't help but smirk a little at his comment. She could smell the tea from where she was sat, and it did smell weird. Judging from his mildly-disgusted expression it tasted pretty bad too. She saw a shiver run through him, and she stood to search for another blanket before throwing it over him.

She smiled at his words, sincerely hoping he was referring to her hair colour only. She wouldn't be happy if he was saying she actually looked like a horse. In any case, it looked like the name he had improvised would be sticking as long as he was in her family Pavilion. She wondered how long that would be. If he remembered which part of Endrykas he lived in, she suspected that it wouldn't be very long at all.

She let him take her hand again, and leant back in her chair as he closed his eyes. Sleep was near him now, and she didn't want to leave in case anything happened to the boy. Maybe if someone else turned up she would find her father. Perhaps he could tap into the Web to see if there was any information. The hour drew on, and soon enough sleep had taken the boy. Laria leaned forwards, resting her arms on the bed, his hand still holding hers. Fatigue was slowly creeping up on her too, her eyes threatening to close...

30th Day of Summer, 504 AV

Laria had fallen asleep a few Bells after the boy had, and had slept through the entire night. She was slumped forward, her arms on the side of the make-shift bead, her head resting on them. People moved quietly around, making sure not to wake the pair. Fresh tea was placed on the table, and the Pavilion slowly emptied, the Sunstorm people getting on with their morning work.

ooc :
Hope you don't mind me getting Bold to fall asleep. Also, I hope it's okay that I skipped it to the next morning.
Laria
of the Amethyst Clan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Bolden Denusk on August 4th, 2011, 2:23 am

Out of long habit, Bold awoke with the first brush of dawn's colors stroking the sky alive. About to wake up to do his morning business, he caught sight of Laria asleep in the chair. Quickly he bunched up the covers on his lap to cover certain morning... happenings.

The boy propped himself up on an elbow and looked at the girl more closely. A dusting of freckles kissed her nose and the apples of her cheeks. Long locks of golden palomino hair draped her shoulders in the abandon of sleep.

The rising sun was a thirsty reminder and he reached gratefully for the cup. With his usual morning grogginess, he downed the drink as he would water. It almost came right back up and he swallowed with effort.

Bold spotted the water nearby and slaked his raging thirst--which exacerbated the other problem. He listened to the girl snoring like a kitten's purr and decided it was safe to head to the tent opening.

He hobbled to the door and made it around the corner to finally relieve himself. Finished, he turned at the sound of a nicker close by and saw a lovely mare. Bold breathed softly into her nostrils, sharing his scent with her and he slowly stroked her shoulder. The horse whickered quietly into his hair, fluttering the curls at his ears. The datura tea immediately began its work and the pain in his leg eased to a dull throb. Bolden leaned his weight against the sweet mare and together, they watched the sun rise.
Bolden Denusk
Cursed

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Laria on August 4th, 2011, 4:03 pm

Still Laria slept, even as Bolden moved and then rose. She had never slept for so long before, perhaps the worry was too much for the young girl.

A few chimes after sunrise she jerked awake, almost falling forwards out of the chair. It took her a few moments to realize where she was, and then her eyes fell on the empty bed in front of her.

She frowned for a moment, and then leapt up, suddenly remembering that the boy was meant to be lying there. One of the few people who remained in the Pavilion quickly moved over and sat her back down, forcing a warm drink into her hands. Laria was told that the boy was outside, and she nodded and sipped at the drink.

When she was finished, she set the cup on the table next to the other empty ones, and proceeded to exit the large tent. She glanced round her, and someone motioned around the corner to her. It seemed news had travelled fast around the Sunstorm family; most everyone had an idea of who this boy was.

He was leaning on one of her father's mares, watching what she could only assume was the empty stretch of grass before them. She carefully picked her way over, and smiled as she approached.
"Good morning. How is your leg?"
She was surprised that he had managed to even get out here on his own. It had looked pretty awful the previous day, and she had assumed he would be bedridden for a while.
Laria
of the Amethyst Clan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Bolden Denusk on August 4th, 2011, 4:19 pm

His reverie interrupted, he turned around at the voice and subtly leaned his entire weight on the mare. The datura tea made him notice his dizziness the moment he'd moved.

"Ah hey palomino. You missed the sunrise this morning; is it coz you were up so long taking care of me?" Bolden asked the girl, flashing a smile. His amber eyes almost glowed with flecks of gold in the bright morning sunlight.

"My leg? Nothing for you to worry about, really." While Bold's upbringing would never allow him to outright lie, he wasn't above hedging the truth. The boy dismissed the question quickly, praying to the Goddess, the mare would stay still.

The mare nickered in greeting at the sight of Laria and walked to the girl for affection--removing her entire support of the boy's weight. The thirteen year old fell backward to the ground with a thud and an owlish, surprised look of astonishment.
Bolden Denusk
Cursed

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Laria on August 4th, 2011, 4:31 pm

The boys curious, honey coloured eyes were much more noticeable in the sunlight. Oh, he was watching the sunrise... Laria had done that numerous time with her older brothers.
"I uh, no. I was just tired."
Laria was an awful liar, and she quickly looked away from Bolden, her eyes moving down to the odd splint on his leg.

She wasn't convinced by his words. Nobody could say that their leg was fine if it had been in such a state less that 24 Bells before. She supposed the tea was doing it's work then, whatever that was supposed to be.

She flicked her gaze to the mare as the black pinto greeted her. A smile wound over her mouth again, and she reached out a hand as it approached her. However, the sudden disappearance of the boy, complete with a thudding sound made her stop. She quickly ducked under the horse's head to see him sprawled on the ground.

"Oh!" Her face was one of wide-eyed shock.
"Are you okay?" She held out her hand.
"Let me help you. Does it hurt?"
Laria
of the Amethyst Clan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Bolden Denusk on August 4th, 2011, 5:40 pm

Young Bolden turned crimson from ears to neck with embarrassment. For a chime, he thought it really was possible to die of humiliation! He rolled on his side, not meeting her eyes. His red face abruptly turned pale as he struggled to stand on his own.

"I don't need help. I'm not weak!" He snapped at her with quick temper and slowly managed to stand on one leg, keeping his right foot from touching the ground. As the pain rushed in, his temper fled as rapidly as it came.

"Sorry." the boy mumbled with downcast eyes. He swayed under the combined effects of the tea and the poorly set leg. Bolden didn't care what it took, no one was keeping him in a stupid bed!

Ever resourceful and rebellious, he nickered softly to the mare, calling her over as a foal would to its mother. The imitation was incredibly accurate and the horse took a few steps toward Bold to lend her shoulder. His hand glided appreciatively along her silky shoulder and back, once again leaning his weight on her. He leaned cautiously though, learning his lesson the hard way--as usual.

"See palomino? I'm alright now." sweat beaded his forehead and dark little curls clung to his face as he made a ridiculously poor attempt at hiding the pain.

OOC: 13-15 yrs old adorable curlies
Secret :
Bolden Denusk
Cursed

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)