August's Featured Thread: There's a Curse on Us.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

IC News travels slowly in Mizahar. Fortunately there is a constant stream of news from around campfires, from caravan to caravan and from merchants to merchants. Within this forum lies the best of the best of this talk. Also, within this forum, OOC news from the staff and players can be found. This forum requires all posts to be 'approved' by a Founder before they are displayed. So if you post within, be patient. Your post did display - it simply will not show to everyone until approved as actual 'news'. Please keep all Introductions, Status Updates, and various other discussions in their appropriate forums and leave this area for game news!

Postby Gossamer on August 1st, 2011, 5:45 pm

Samu'al was gracious enough to send me a review for the Thread of the Month for August as picked by the previous months winners. I heard from only one of the people from July's thread, but was assured it was a mutual pick. Congrats Duvalyon and Dor!

Daniel: Following last month's thread about the vagaries of love, its shapes, its triumphs, its terrors, this month's thread has a similar theme, though is in most other aspects wildly different. I am a fan of both players' writing, and I love character development for character development's sake. Both Dor and Duvalyon are brilliant characters, and I'm so pleased to see that Dor has quickened Duvalyon back into play.

Duvalyon's feelings for Dor humanize him, make it easier to empathize with the blood-sucking monster archetype into which it's easy to categorize the Syemenstra, and Dor is played with a freshness and intuitive understanding that is exciting and satisfying to read. I love when people take the established lore and go crazy with it, sticking to the spirit of it, but taking it to a new level. I think these characters are prime examples of that and should be lauded for it.

Dor will forever bear the mark of her relationship with Duvalyon, and he will be changed for his relationship with Dor. This is collaborative excellence. I can't wait to read what else happens to these characters!

Awesomeness +5.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Duvalyon Hellebore on August 2nd, 2011, 3:21 pm

Thank you kindly for the nomination, Denen and Sam'ael! It has been great fun writing with Dor. Adds a bit of pressure since the thread is ongoing, but the good kind.
Duvalyon Hellebore
Team Wrenmae. Bad guys unite.

Words: 141574
Joined roleplay: June 10th, 2009, 11:11 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Donor (1)

Postby Dor on August 2nd, 2011, 3:38 pm

Thanks for the nomination and kind words! I second what Duvalyon said about the added pressure. I admit my first thought upon seeing this post was, “Crap, now I better write the dickens out of my next response.” ;) Then I grinned.

Duvalyon has truly made my character concept for Dor far, far better than my initial idea and I have been completely thrilled to thread with him. So thanks to you for that, Duv.

I’ll go start working on the next post now.
the sky above us shoots to kill.
Dor.
Dor
Light it up.

Words: 80527
Joined roleplay: May 16th, 2011, 1:17 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Denen Sunsinger on August 3rd, 2011, 12:24 am

*approves* The month change came while I was on vacation, but I was happy to read this as well! Good job, guys!
Denen Sunsinger
The Third Wife

Words: 189953
Joined roleplay: August 25th, 2010, 3:53 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)

Postby Poison on August 3rd, 2011, 5:58 am

Congratulations! I really enjoyed reading your thread, and I'm glad to have the two of you in Kalinor!
Poison
DS of Kalinor

Words: 432701
Joined roleplay: May 3rd, 2011, 7:28 pm
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Tessa Poe on August 4th, 2011, 9:02 am

I just finished reading through the thread for the second time and... all I can say is you're both more than deserving of the award :D Looking forwards to its conclusion now!

(No pressure though)
Tessa Poe
The Neurotic Wanderer

Words: 241539
Joined roleplay: July 21st, 2011, 8:32 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Donor (1)

Postby Cheshire on August 15th, 2011, 11:52 pm

I totally did not see this until right now -_- Belated congrats guys. You are both great writers and you totally deserved the nomination <3
Avanthal Lore | Vantha | Avanthal | Morwen
~-----------------------------------------------~
When I was just a kitten,
They said I'd be a gem.
But now that I'm a Cheshire Cat,
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire
Twenty Seconds of Insane Courage

Words: 336788
Joined roleplay: August 4th, 2010, 9:12 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Power Fork (2)

Postby Avari on August 16th, 2011, 3:54 pm

Congratulations! I loved how well-written and dramatic the thread was, as well as its gripping portrayal of Symenestra culture and focus on reproduction. There's nothing that makes characters shine more than a life-or-(eventual)-death situation. :)

Avari

"Everyone wants something... And when you know what a man wants you know who he is, and how to move him." - George R. R. Martin, A Storm of Swords
Avari
Insightful trickster

Words: 296184
Joined roleplay: August 10th, 2011, 6:25 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1)