Resource for developing skills

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is the first step to starting a lore article. Please hold all conversations about lores here in this forum. No development takes place here ie Article posting. This forum is simply for threads that want to hash out what a lore should or shouldn't include as well as its merits and flaws. One can also gauge interest in new lore here as well. Polls are encouraged.

Moderator: Scribes

Resource for developing skills

Postby Marlow on August 2nd, 2011, 11:02 am

I don't know if this has been posted before or referenced by anyone else, but I thought it might be of some use to Mizahar world development.

The following link is to a PDF of the Dreyfus Model of Skill Acquisition. I particularly liked the table on page 3 as it's easier for me to understand.

http://www.sld.demon.co.uk/dreyfus.pdf

Since Mizahar has 4 instead of 5 levels of skill acquisition, the Novice and Advanced Beginner levels of the Dreyfus model should be merged.

Hope this has been of use. :)

"No, it doesn't start to come back. The knot's like everything else. I just found the rope and I did it."
— Jason Bourne, "The Bourne Identity"
Marlow
"It means driftwood"

Words: 22906
Joined roleplay: June 27th, 2011, 7:59 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Scrapbook