The Lion and the Lamb. (Raheal)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Carina on August 4th, 2011, 7:03 pm

Time Stamp: 50th of Summer, 511AV

It had been nearly fifty days since the forming of the Crimson Edge, and it seemed like everyday there was a new potential member wanting to join their growing group. That was what brought her to the Drunken Fish Tavern that day. At least, that's what she thought. It was curious just how their name was getting around, surely none of the founding members would speak out loud about it; that would be too risky at such an early stage. When she found the person she was supposed to meet, she would question him about just where he had learned of them. And once she had that information, and if she didn't think he would be a good addition to the group, she would lure him away from the tavern and kill him. Hopefully eliminating any chance of trouble in the near future.

It was mid day now and the sun was at its peek up in the sky. It beat down on Sunberth below, making for another hot summer day. And with all the clouds that hung in the air, their moisture was cause for the sticky humidity. It wasn't all bad though; a cool breeze was blowing in from out at sea, moving the clouds away and bringing some relief when it blew over sweat dampened skin. Once such place was blessed to be located right near the port, where most of the sailors would convene, and where the coastal winds would blow in. And at this time of day it was a fairly quiet place, but most of its patrons hadn't arrived for lunch yet. Many seats were vacant, and the bar keep had little to tend to yet. The occasional elderly folk could be seen enjoying a warm meal before the rush, arriving just before the stamped of hungry sailors. Outside the tavern, dirty children ran through the streets. Perhaps hoping to catch the cool breeze when it came, or to go swim near the port to cool off for the day.

Approaching the tavern entrance, Carina pushed the doors wide open. Walking inside and quickly scanning over the occupants, she figured it would be easy to spot whom she was looking for amongst such a small number of faces. But before she could conclude her inspection, she heard a crowd of boisterous men, probably sailors, making their way to the tavern entrance. Stepping off to the side and out of their way, she looked over each of them as they passed. Judging from their choice of conversation, it was easy to assume that they were here for lunch. While the stereotypical sailors were loud and obnoxious, announcing their arrival, the other tavern guests were quiet and talked amongst themselves in almost whispered voices. If anybody were to start getting drunk this early, it would the the sailors.

As everybody dispersed into smaller groups at tables, Carina looked over the room once more; hoping that with them spreading out, it would make finding her target a mite easier. Staring at a few of the unsuspecting patrons, an expression of annoyance or frustration graced her features for only a moment before she concealed them.
"None of these oafs match the description he gave me... And where is that Aberdon guy anyways?" She mumbled to herself. Standing over near the entrance didn't seem to be getting her anywhere, so in a hurried but graceful pace, she walked over the the bar and took her seat. Although she may have appeared to be calm and indifferent, beneath her mask she was actually very irked. When the barkeep walked over and asked for her order, she replied with a sweet smile and her typical order of some tea with some milk and honey. Nodding in return with a silly grin and a lingering glance, he walked away to prepare her drink, leaving her to the frustration she kept hidden.
"Wasn't HE the one that wanted to meet with me? Why is he even interested in us?" She asked herself, making herself agitated the more she spoke of it. "He better have a good excuse for making me wait here with these smelly sailors..." Then as a thought came to mind and another smile graced her lips. "I wander what I should have him do to make up for having me wait so long." As she imagined any number of silly or embarrassing things for him to do, she couldn't help but chuckle under her breath a bit.

Attention, attention. I won't be joining any other threads until after a few of the ones I'm currently in, come to an end. If I take on any more, my posts will most likely be delayed by weeks. :/ Once things clear up a bit, I'll be more then happy to start up some new threads. :3 (0 of 15 threads cleared)
Carina
Beauty is the Beast.

Words: 66033
Joined roleplay: June 26th, 2011, 9:17 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Raheal on August 4th, 2011, 10:26 pm

“I'll have what she is having, thank you.”

A voice, strong, mature and in some instances, beguiling lingered in the air, most governing behind the attractive blonde. Hearing such an explanation, the Barkeep looked up in confusion, attempting to take in the sight of the man to match with his voice. Orbs of intimidated black rolling upwards, taking in the splendor which was masked in the woman's background, the bartender could only say one thing. “R-right away, sir..” An elderly tender he was, and working within the Drunken Fish for some decades now, it would seem psychosis had settled as he looked on nervously, most visible to the woman who rested at the bar in front of him.

His stagger to the kitchen was amusing, stumbling as he paced backwards, eyes still fixated on the being who rested outside his personal space-- the Barkeep was entranced. Moving his eyes away, forcibly stabbing his range of sight and averting it towards his utensils, he began to work on the orders as expected of.

A seat vacant to her right would soon find an occupant as a shadow dwindled from her prospect and soon took to her instant side. Quiet in stroll, and untroubled in his rest, if Carina gave into interest, and ignored neglect, allowing her eyes to peer to her side in curiosity, she would set sights on a male, larger then her in appearance, a build fit for a god. Yet the portfolio of youth's treasure; Raheal had made entrance moments prior, and decided to take a seat. A week in advance, after an aphoristic though entertaining conversation with a good friend by the name of Aberdon, the Kelvic was assigned to meet someone in the Tavern. Though an appearance wasn't clear, the only distinct information he was given was that she was a woman-- a rather beautiful one.

Escaping the dreadful warmth, and unfortunately, the cool breeze from the nearby ocean, he had retreated into Tavern; sitting upright, an indicator of both confidence and assurance. Almond orbs of hazel peering forward towards the rack of whiskey while his short, dark hair sat evenly on his head. Ignorant to the woman who set beside him and her identity, if she did look the description she obtained should have given away his identity.
Raheal
Mr. Lion King

Words: 2402
Joined roleplay: August 1st, 2011, 6:16 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Carina on August 7th, 2011, 10:41 pm

Carina let a quiet sigh escape her lips when she heard another of the taverns patrons order what she was having. Leaning forward and resting her chin in the palm of her hand, she wandered if he was trying to be funny. Surely he couldn't have really wanted what she was having.
"Are you sure you want what I'm having? Surely you would prefer something a bit stronger then tea. Ale would probably be more suited to your taste." She was genuinely irritated at the mere presence of this apparent jokester, but as usual, she kept that fact hidden. But to make matters worse, along with her attitude, she heard the stranger sit down in the seat directly to her side. Taking a deep breath, she turned to look at him, asking him one question. "Can I help you with something?" This time when she spoke, she allowed her words to hold a bit of a bite to them; all while keeping a pleasant smile.

Mentally running through the description list she had been given, it was only a matter of time before she realized the person whom she was to meet, was sitting right beside her. Just as the barkeep arrived with her drink, Carina turned to thank the man, then proceeded to take a small sip. Once he left to tend to the other customers, she began speaking in a hushed tone.
"Why do you seek the Crimson Edge?" While she was talking, she looked as if she were ignoring the man, in hopes of keeping attention to a minimum. While she waited for him to answer, she inhaled the warm aroma of tea mixed with honey, and took another sip.

OOCSorry this post is so short. The more you give me to work with, the longer my posts will be.

Attention, attention. I won't be joining any other threads until after a few of the ones I'm currently in, come to an end. If I take on any more, my posts will most likely be delayed by weeks. :/ Once things clear up a bit, I'll be more then happy to start up some new threads. :3 (0 of 15 threads cleared)
Carina
Beauty is the Beast.

Words: 66033
Joined roleplay: June 26th, 2011, 9:17 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Raheal on August 10th, 2011, 5:39 am

Cautious in his attempts to not draw deliberate attention towards the two, Raheal could only grin at the woman's extemporaneous disposition as he took his seat. Maybe ordering the same thing she did was skeptical and suspicious, nonetheless, it was what he desired. Why deprive himself of it? She suggested Ale, and this would provoke a retort one wouldn't expect. “Or I could just have Tea and milk?” He inquired rhetorically, bridging amusement with vexation as her statement in its rather dull and deadening delivery ruined his humble demeanor. He was a lion, and following suit with the stereotypical assumption,yes-- he did enjoy milk.

As the Barkeep arrived, and Carina inquired as to his motives for joining, nonetheless, there wasn't much to say really. Not that he didn't want to tell her more, it was more so he couldn't. Not having much of a clue himself, all the Kelvic could do was speak honestly. Accepting his tea with a humble thank you, and taking the spoon to his side, casually stirring the confines within the small cup, Raheal smiled. “Well, I just need help finding purpose. Crimson Edge gives me that.” He announced, quietly beneath his breath so only the lovely blonde to his side could hear him. And with that, coupled by a single sip of the tea, he awaited an answer.
Raheal
Mr. Lion King

Words: 2402
Joined roleplay: August 1st, 2011, 6:16 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet