(Flashback) I actually caught something? (Solo)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Encompassing a vast wilderness filled with flora and fauna of immense proportions, the Northern Reaches include all the Talderian Forest north of the Suvan and stretch into the vast permanent tundra and ice fields outside Avanthal.

(Flashback) I actually caught something? (Solo)

Postby Darren on August 4th, 2011, 7:15 pm

Fall 22nd, Year 510

Hunting wasn't this Vantha's strongpoint but nevertheless he still had to try. Venturing out into the Reaches was it's own reward. Being out there i the great snowy expanse, one cannot help but feel closer to Morwen as they tried to make the most of her realm. Today was one of those days where Darren would test himself against the elements and ideally get something out of it. Venturing farther then he was accustomed to he already had an idea what he would be trying to catch. No dire rabbits for him this time, just recently he heard about another form of game that sounded easy enough to catch. Turkeys seemed like a decent enough challenge for the hunting impaired Vantha."How hard can it be?"

Looking back Avanthal was barely in sight as he checked his equipment. Before venturing out he asked for some supplies for the small trip from his father. That ended with little to no success a map of the area, a small shiny knife, a bird whistle? a hammer, a wood axe and instructions on what to do after catching something alongside a small figurine carving guide. Looking questioningly at the temporary tools given to him it felt as if his father was setting him up to catch wooden rather then actually catching something intelligent. "That man and his sarcastic humor humor" Shrugging slightly the vantha closed his backback as he set forward, having checked the conditions of his tools and equipment all that was left was the actual hunting.

Already the wilderness was full of life as he navigated the woody passes of the Northern Reaches. Sounds of both the wind and wildlife bombarded the vantha's senses as he tried to get a bearing. A deer in the background froze as it spotted the Whitevine, skipping away before any attempts to get closer were made. A encouraging smile was seen on the Vantha's face as he quickly saw how challenging this would be. "Hopefully I'll be able to catch something like that one day. But, for now small fowl"

Taking out the bird whistle he experimented with the sound to produce a high pitched sound somewhat similar to a dog's whine but somehow different. The Vantha's brow furrowed as he tried to find what about it was different. It's annoying. The very sound of it makes me agitated. Again he heard the agitating thrill sound as he glanced to where it came from. Was that it? It seemed that the sound also attracted another creature. The strange gobbling sound was something that the Vantha had never heard before. His eyes trying to track where exactly the sound came from he stepped towards the sound's general direction.
The original PC of Miria and Bolivar

Darren
I Dare

Words: 346232
Joined roleplay: March 3rd, 2011, 12:53 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets