[The Ironworks] Going Nowhere But Here [Open]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Rezin Luce on August 5th, 2011, 5:17 pm

29th of Summer, 511 AV, mid-evening.
Place - The Ironworks
PC's - Rezin, Xalet

With light steps, Rezin walked into the weapon shop, her lavender eyes changing to a light pink as excitement took over her. Her mouth opened in awe as she looked about all the shining, well-crafted weapons. Her skirt swayed slight as she padded over to the swords, their long, finely decorated sheaths hanging against the wall. For a second, she let her fingertips glide over the smooth surface, then pulling them away. She heard footsteps behind her and turned to see a very tall, very large man standing behind her.

"Little lady," he said in a gruff voice, "I don't think this is the shop for you." He stepped in front of her, as if shielding her small frame from the sharp weapons. He wiped his blackened hands on the front of his apron and pointed outside. "A couple shops away there's a nice tailoring shop. maybe you should head over there." Crossing his arms like he wouldn't let her through, she sighed and shook her head.

"I need a sword and a bow, so if you don't mind, please let me through. I would like to browse now." Her eyes shimmered a darker pink with irritation, now, and she tucked a curl of her red hair behind her ear, and crosses her arms as well. The shopkeeper stared her down, with a slight glare. She stared back, her gaze cool, but steady. Eventually, he grunted, and moved back to behind the stall, waiting for her to make her purchase. Satisfied, Rezin started browsing the swords again.
Last edited by Rezin Luce on August 9th, 2011, 7:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rezin Luce ♥
Rezin Luce
"--Because heaven-love-you, you are."

Words: 6366
Joined roleplay: August 5th, 2011, 3:17 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

[The Weapon's Hold] Going Nowhere But Here [Open]

Postby Xalet on August 6th, 2011, 6:36 pm

Xalet had been conducting some business at the behest of his Patron involving equipment neccessities. Most often the squire had no business inside of the weapon shops as materials typically suited to a squire's training were provided by the Knighthood. Of course, acting as a delivery boy and messanger was all part of the lifestyle as well. Sometimes menial work had to be completed, and certain busy work often became a squire's dutiful obligation.

His conducting of business came to a halt however when he noticed a particular someone looking for--did she say a sword and a bow? Narrowing his eyes, the akalak first believed it was a child shopping for supplies. Xalet stood taller than most folks, that was simply a trait of his people, but this red-headed female was particularly short. She reminded him of a man he once met in a most unusual manner within one of the alleyways of Syliras. Though the size of a child, the man was fully matured, and this female seemed to be much the same upon closer inspection. At the very least she wasn't a juvenile human like the squire had first suspected.

Xalet did not walk softly. Not that he purposefully made the ground feel his weight, but simply any surface that bore his mass usually echoed slightly. A seven foot tall frame wearing full platemail was difficult to silence without an appropriate skillset, of which Xalet had no skill within. His presence was well known when he stepped beside Rezin, giving her an appraising glance with eyes that seemed quite similar in color to the steel of the weapons. His 'appraisal' told him she appeared like she would blow away in a strong wind, but still he remained professional. With his long reach he easily procured a short sword from the wall, testing it a bit in his hand, "What about this?" he said, straight and to the point.

A short sword for the petite girl, it almost seemed like a bad joke at first, but Xalet was quite serious as his straight faced expression portrayed. Upon his own hip, sheathed quite contently was his own short bladed weapon, a gladius of less than typical construction due to the purpose of its existance being only suitable as a training tool. "The short bladed sword is a good weapon. Light, fast, durable. Easy to travel with and stow. You..." he paused for a moment, were it his darker soul speaking the tone and choice of words would not have been nearly as polite, "Do have practice using a sword, correct?"
Xalet
The answer is more Body Building.

Words: 539431
Joined roleplay: July 5th, 2011, 11:37 pm
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Rezin Luce on August 6th, 2011, 7:07 pm

Rezin had heard the man walking in, as it was very obvious, and she looked to her side to see a giant, or what it seemed like to her. He was much, much taller than her, and much bigger. She felt tiny compared to his size, and was almost a bit afraid. He was at least 3 times her size, and it almost seemed as though one of his fingers could be mistaken for one of her arms. When he asked if she had practice with a sword, she laughed, her eyes sparkling golden with humor.

"Yes, of course. I wouldn't be looking for a sword if not." She took the blade in her hand and weighed it a little, then stepped away from the man and swung it once, then twice, liking the way it cut through the air. It was different than the thick blade she had used to train with at home. This one was thin, and sharper, and probably a lot more useful. She switched the blade from hand to hand, then looked up to him again, and smiled.

"Nice to meet you sir, I'm Rezin Luce," she said softly, then looked back to weapon. Her shyness was kicking back in for a moment, and her eyes turned a very light lavender.
Rezin Luce ♥
Rezin Luce

Character sheet

Postby Xalet on August 6th, 2011, 9:22 pm

""Everyone starts somewhere." he commented, and as he thought about that, even he was included in such a category. Xalet, despite his size, was no swordmaster. In fact the simple truth was there weren't many swordmasters to go around, the Knights were lucky to have the few they did. Those that dealt with the combative arts often lived exciting, but rather brief lifespans, the lands being as dangerous as they were. To be a Knight was to put oneself between danger and the people, and Xalet knew he would most likely never enjoy his potential four hundred years of life ahead of him. It was better to have a life worth living, no matter how truncated it was.

"I am Xalet, squire to Sergeant Irine Braklin." his response was in kind to her own introduction. "If you are seeking a bow, I know of a place. I could make no suggestions however as I have been trained in the crossbow. The standard bow was too difficult to use with the armor and awkward to draw upon a horse." Just as Xalet had indicated, upon his back aside from his large shield was a heavy wooden crossbow which appeared to have seen better days. The hemp drawstring was worn and the studs were discolored. The wood survived well however, allowing for a proper draw and a straight shot if needed.

"If you are knew to Syliras then welcome. Take care beyond the gates, as once inside these walls it can be easy to become complacent over time." Xalet spoke as he turned more completely toward her. He watched her swing the sword in practice, noting mentally that she appeared to have some understanding of weapons.
Xalet

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Rezin Luce on August 7th, 2011, 2:44 am

She nodded a small thanks to him, and swung her small black bag around to take count of her money. She sifted through, finding more than enough for a couple weapons. She estimated the prices and mentally subtracted them, and nodded to herself happily. Then, swinging to back to it's original spot, she tilted her head to the side.

"I am new here, thank you. But I'll be leaving as soon as possible to travel the lands again." Thoughts of finding her parents swirled through her mind, her eyes turning a dark color, almost black. The hand that held the sword clenched into a fist, shaking slightly. She forced a smile to him. "And don't worry about the dangers. I've traveled for years upon years in these lands. I know how to get around."

Rezin remember all her travels, all her battles, and her near death experiences. She had tried to avoid all the trouble she could, which thankfully worked most of the time, but others had her in a hole she couldn't climb out of. But all of this had made her stronger over time, rather than the small, weak child she had once been. Now she was rougher, tougher, and more proud of herself than she had ever been. Of course, she hoped that maybe one day, her parents could tell her that they were proud, when she finally found them.

"So, you said something about a bow...?" she asked quietly, walking towards the shopkeeper to purchase the sword. "Mind showing me there? Or just tell me the way, and I won't trouble you longer." She paid for the sword, then buckled the sheath around her waist, patting it softly, satisfied with the new weapon. It was the perfect size for her; just right, and she loved it already. She was a bit excited to use a real sword, instead of the flimsy one she had used before.
Rezin Luce ♥
Rezin Luce

Character sheet

Postby Xalet on August 8th, 2011, 9:31 pm

"Well, good luck to you then once you are back on your travels." he said, letting her pay for her purchase while he counted some of the items he had stowed in his pack, preparing for his next stop which was coincidentally The Feathered Shaft. Some of the squire ranged weaponry needed new strings, and Xalet was ordered to have them measured and replaced.

"I can show you, it's an excellent shop. The owner is very skilled at his craft. It's actually where I'm about to head to having finished my business here." he replied, slinging that old duffel-style bag up and over one of his shoulders. "The Knights try to keep the weaponry for the squires in decent enough repair, that means changing out the draw strings from time to time." Heaven's knew his own crossbow could sure use it. As resistant as hemp was to wear and time, enough moisture and heat took it's toll.

"Right this way." he said as he led the girl back out into the main walkways of the enormous castle-town. Xalet knew nearly every street and alleyway of Syliras, and one could tell with how easily he navigated despite the crowded and somewhat disorienting streets. As they came upon the shop with it's stylized wood-worked sign Xalet asked curiously just before they entered the show room. "What is it you travel for? Simply for the sake of travel?" The showroom itself was filled with products upon shelves, lined with velvet to reveal their shapes more easily to would be patrons.
Xalet

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Paragon on December 12th, 2011, 2:32 am

Rezin :
Rezin

Skill XP Reward
Observation +1

Lore: Xalet (acquaintance)

Other: If you return to Mizahar, you need to clarify what you purchased, and how much you spent.

Xalet :
Xalet

Skill XP Reward
Observation +1
Teaching +1
Persuasion +1

Lore: Rezin (acquaintance), Helping a Stranger

Other: N/A

Shame this was cut short, I gave what I could find - if you have ANY questions or concerns about this grading, don't hesitate to PM me.
Paragon
The Gordian Knot

Words: 448583
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2011, 8:55 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)