Come back flutterby! Where is my money? (Solo)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Postby Fela Meason on August 10th, 2011, 8:38 am

30th Day of Summer, 511 AV

OOCOpen of course to Mods as is all my threads unless otherwise mentioned. Only closed to other PC's, sorry guys. I'll get you next time around. You know I love ya, but I gotta make that paper boo. :D

Fela pulled her coin purse out from between her breasts and dumped the contents on the table to join the rest of her money from her chest. Less than 100 Gold Rimmed Mizas, she needed money and fast if she was going to make it through the upcoming seasons. Winters weren't horribly harsh in this area but bad enough she wanted to stock up on fresh fruits and fish, if possible, for the upcoming cold. She would salt or dry them and store them herself, sure she had no idea how but there had to be a book around that could teach her right?

A sigh escaped her lips. She didn't have any talents that would make her much in the way of money with the exception of hunting, a chore she was good at by default but hated doing. She was the only cat in the world that would take fresh fruit over her own kill any day. She had basic knowledge of plants and their locations, maybe the local Apothecary would hire her to fetch them ingredients? She shook her head. She had met the owner and was sure they weren't going to give a job to a nobody like her.

Different ideas swirled around each trying to take shape and become solid but none forming any type of cohesive structure. Fela pulled herself up onto her table and lay down with her head hanging off the side, hair dangling. This seemed like a good thinking position. Maybe a good idea would trickle down her body and enter her brain that way.
Last edited by Fela Meason on August 16th, 2011, 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is Fela talking, This is Fela thinking, This is text, and This is someone else talking.
Fela Meason
Silly little cat

Words: 149056
Joined roleplay: June 21st, 2011, 3:31 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Fela Meason on August 11th, 2011, 1:44 am

A bell passed, nothing had come to her yet with the exception of a sense of hunger. Her stomach growled and she pursed her lips. She flung a glance over at her meager supply of food and cash. She needed to restock. With a heavy sigh she righted herself and dangled her legs over the edge of the table swinging them like you see children do on benches. It was time for a trip into town.

A chime or two more and she jumped down from the table and walked across the room to grab her cloak. It was a lovely midnight blue, floor length and had a deep hood. Perfect for facing today's weather.

Like someone had flipped a switch the bright summer day had turned into a torrential downpour complete with ducks and geese falling from, well flying from, the sky. The wildlife had let up for the most part and only the rain was left, rain never bothered Fela. She loved rain.

Fela opened her front door and stepped out hoping that Ionu would look kindly on her today and not drop her off a cliff like he had earlier this season. Shaking her head she stuck her tongue out and up to the sky in hopes her jest made it to the trickster god and he or she would smile down on Fela. Her own smile stretching across her face Fela placed her foot on solid ground outside her door and looked around closing the door behind her. Everything looked normal enough, today her house had placed itself directly across from the Gaping maw, well the back of the Gaping maw. Was Ionu hinting that she leave? She wondered, until she saw what was right next to the exit of the city: The Sanity Center. Nope, Ionu was hinting at her to go get a job. She sighed again and pulled her hood up around her face.

She would find a job but it would be on her terms. She set out through the mostly deserted streets trusting her feet to take her where she needed to go. The few people caught out in the storm cast dirty glances her way as they scurried from building to building looking for shelter. She smiled at each one of them as she leisurely made her way down the road as if to say, "what? Afraid to get wet?"
This is Fela talking, This is Fela thinking, This is text, and This is someone else talking.
Fela Meason
Silly little cat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Fela Meason on August 12th, 2011, 3:17 am

The winding streets carried Fela for quite some time, at every turn and twist she looked around to get a feel for the area. Each time she felt nothing, nada, zero, zip. No each street almost seemed like it was giving her a warning to stay away and keep on moving. Sooner or later she would fine a pl-...

There up ahead it was: Arrhizal Apothecary. Fela smiled as she remembered. She had been there once before and met the owner, Kirwen Shenter. Fela shook her head gently. She was brought here, she knew it. Something about Kirwen intrigued her. He was a bitter little man who had no pleasure in life, not that he could help it being cursed and all, but he could have helped the actions that got him there. Cursing the god of illusion when you live in the city of illusions just sounds like a bad idea, like taunting the Icewatch. You will end with less limbs or sense than you started with.

Fela pushed through the doors of the apothecary and strolled in. As always the place looked as if Zulrav blew his way though and displaced every bottle and can cluttering the place. Carefully Fela made her way over to the little island in the center of this mess, behind it Kirwen was pounding out some herbs with his usual scowl painted on that ghastly pale face of his.

Fela cleared her throat to try and get his attention, he ignored her. She coughed, he continued pounding away making a fine powder out of the contents of his bowl. Fela examined the mixture, the smell of Willow bark wafted upwards. Fela learned the first time around that aggression was the best method here. She snapped her fingers in front of his face and watched as he turned eyes of rage her way. The people that say "if looks could kill" had never met Kirwen. She felt seasons fall off her life as soon as his eyes fell on her.

Her first urge was to run screaming, instead she smiled at his pleasantly. Hey Kirwen. As grumpy as usual I see. He only grunted a response and went back to his work placing the powdered medicine into jars without labels. How he ever kept anything sorted she would never know.

I have a question for your my good man, do you need any help? Well...I wont say help. You seem like a perfectly capable human being. A better way to put it would be, do you have any work for me? I come real cheap. Promise.

He sighed and set aside his jars for a moment looking Fela straight in the eyes. With a deadly serious face he said. If I give you something to do, will you leave me alone forever? Never show your face here again and never speak my name? I can't stand the sight of you. He pulled out another bag filled with leaves and went to pounding them into a paste.

Fela's smile grew bigger, she couldn't help it. Something about this grumpy man really warmed her heart. She chucked under her breath and said, sure old man. You give me some work. Some odd chores and I'll get out of your hair. She looked at his shiny bald head. Bad choice of words. Sorry.

Fela held out her hand for him to shake, do we have a deal? He looked at her like she just offered to eat his first born child. Ignoring her hand he said, You're a dirty animal right? Which means you know nature. He handed her a list with some poorly scrawled plant names on them. You bring me back these items and we'll talk about pay.

Fela looked at the list, nothing too fancy. Standard stuff you would find in an herbalist's chest. She folded the paper and placed it in her deep pockets so the rain would not reach it and nodded to Kirwen. You got it. She gave him a single finger wave and was on her way.
Fela Meason
Silly little cat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Fela Meason on August 15th, 2011, 6:21 am

Fela's feet hit the street just as the sun started shining again. It looked like maybe Ionu was taking notice of her finally, or she was just delusional. Not that being delusional in the city if illusions was very hard. The street had shifted once more and Fela was totally turned around again. She sighed and started walking. She had learned that looking where she was going in this city was completely useless, instead she pulled out her list and read it over letting her feet carry her where she needed to be.

Witch Hazel, Mint, Death Cherries, Arjuna, Skullcap and Myrtle...Fela read the list aloud. She was familiar with Witch Hazel and Skullcap and some of the others but had no idea what Arjuna or Myrtle were. Fela came up short from her stroll as her nose connected with a door. She looked up and realized she was at her own house. She pushed open the door with her shoulder and grabbed her backpack and water skin off the table. If she was going for an adventure in the woods she would need them. Closing the door behind her she wondered how in the world she was going to get Arjuna or Myrtle if she had no idea what they looked like or what they did. Maybe I should have thought this through before I accepted the job...

Her feet led her away in what she hoped was the direction of town. Shops were becoming more plentiful and houses were become fewer and fewer so it would only make sense the elusive town square had to be near by.

The exit to the city was no where to be seen. The streets seemed only to go in a circle leading her back to the same intersection over and over again. By the fifth pass she had become quite irritated and ready to bite the next person to look at her. Fela stopped in the middle of the intersection with her hands planted firmly on her hips and turned around in a circle. The only thing of interest in this part of town was the library, what good was a library going to be to her! She stopped suddenly and stared at the doors to the Sunken Conundrum. Of course... She shook her head and berated herself for being so dense. She cannot complete her task without knowing what she was looking for. A book, all her answers could be found in a book.

Fela approached the doors and yanked them open. A wall of water sat shimmering in the daylight suspended before her very eyes. the words "Please remember to breathe" here scrawled across a plaque right in front of the entrance.
What a funny little sign Fela thought, What daft individual would ever forget to breathe?

She had never entered the library before and assumed that just like the rest of the city the water was simply an illusion and without even thinking about it walked right into the library. Fela's eye widened in panic as she sucked back lungs full of water. She clutched at her throat trying to expel the water from her body, slowly she felt slits open along her abdomen and the aching in her lungs subside. She was still water logged but her body was no longer screaming for oxygen. She slowly breathed in struggling against the natural instinct to reject the liquid and "exhaled" through the gills along her rib cage.

Once she got the hang of "breathing" underwater she took a moment to look around. The library was amazing! Long rows of shelves stretched the entire length, and like most building in this city it was much bigger on the inside than it appeared. Each case reached at least twenty feet and was stacked top to bottom with every size book you could ever imagine. A tome of immense size floated by her in the water and was snatched up by a serious faced woman behind a desk. Fela smiled sweetly at her and tried to walk over to the desk only to find it was impossible to walk in this landscape, sure breathing was easy and all but walking was not going to happen.

Fela had never been a strong swimmer but she managed to paddle her way over to the desk, she tried to stop and managed to get herself turned over with her butt floating unceremoniously in the air. Grabbing the edge of the woman's desk Fela pulled her body down and righted herself in front of the woman.

May I help you? The woman asked with an amused look on her face. Yes, I'm so sorry to be a bother but is there anyway you could point me in the direction of the books on herbalism or botany? With a nod the librarian pointed behind her to the left. Fela gave her an emotional thanks and started her slow paced paddle in that direction.
Fela Meason
Silly little cat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Fela Meason on August 15th, 2011, 7:47 am

Fela approached the bookcase that the librarian had pointed to. Each book spine was a different color, more colors than Fela had ever seen. Colors that could not have had names. One small book with cracked leather was a strange grayish purple with green blotches coating it. Fela examined the title, it wasn't common. She didn't recognize it and moved on the the next book on the shelf, a small green book with a cover made of wool. Curious she pulled the book from the shelf and opened the cover thankful to see it was written in common.

Little Saniul found some berries
Little Saniul didn't tarry
He promptly ate those sour berries
Now he doesn't make merry
Because he is dead.

Fela crinkled her forehead and mouth in distaste at the blunt ending of the rhyme. The picture next to the rhyme was a painting of a twiggy looking plant with red bark and bright white berries. The caption below was labeled Doll's Eyes. Fela filed the information away for later and placed the book back on the shelf. A large iridescent brown caught her eye, it was several shelves up. I could swim...or...

Fela gripped the edge of the closest shelves and propelled herself upwards climbing the front of book case like a spider monkey until she reached the highest point. She was going too fast and smashed her face into the ceiling of the library and bounced back down flipping upside down once more. Her feet glanced off the top of the building and sent her spinning into the shelf smashing her face into the spines of the books. She threw her arms out and grabbed onto the nearest stationary object and held her body still. Her hair floated down around her face as well as her light cotton tunic.

Fela sat still in the water almost topless and calmed herself. If she made it out of here alive she promised herself she would practice swimming. As a jaguar the notion that she did not like nor was good at swimming was quite laughable. Her jungle brethren would never let her live it down if they caught wind of it. No, they wouldn't laugh. They would just eat her since it was a sign of weakness.

Fela pulled her shirt back down, err up, and tucked it into the waistband of her pants. Using the shelves to right herself she focused her eyes on the brown book that called her up here "Plants of the Kalea Region". She smiled and pulled it down from the shelf very thankful for the water at the moment. Out in the air it would have weighed at least 30 lbs or more but here in the water she was mostly able to manage it. Tucking the large book under her arm Fela one hand paddled her way back down the tables lining the floor down below.

Her heart was racing from the effort by the time she reached the chair and she was thankful for the break in movement. Fela curled one foot around the edge of the chair she was seated in to keep from floating away and opened the large book to look for an index. There didn't seem to be one, or page numbers, but all the plants were listed in alphabetical order and were complete with flowing descriptions, hand sketched pictures and lists upon lists of medicinal uses and ingestion warnings.

Fela flipped her way through the pages scanning for any of the names on the list. At last she found one: Arjuna. The picture showed something similar to the bushes Fela was used to seeing around the Emerald pond. The flowers the text said were a pale yellow and the tree could reach heights of 100 feet. Fela's head spun, and Kirwen expected her to somehow harvest this plant?

Secret :
Fela Meason
Silly little cat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Fela Meason on August 16th, 2011, 5:48 am

Fela memorized the picture of Arjuna and it's medical uses, it was mostly used to reduce swelling and relieve chest pains. The leaves were round but long, like a circle stretched out. The flowers were pale yellow and covered in small spikes.

Fela wished should could take the book with her, but even if she could a 30 lb book would not be a welcome addition on this adventure. She wondered what part of the plant Kirwen was wanting her to gather. The only part usable according to the book was the bark but knowing Kirwen if she did not bring back exactly what he wanted then the jars would start flying and she would be needing stitches instead of Gold Rimmed Mizas.

She started flipping through the pages again looking for the next mystery on the list: Myrtle. Page after page of plants and no mention of the plant. Fela sat there for several bells looking through each page hoping to find something to help her.

Syna would be starting her fall below the horizon soon and Fela needed to start searching before the shadows grew any longer. With a heavy sigh Fela closed the book in her lap and decided she would have to wing it. She cast sad eyes up to the top shelf where the book used to sit. With a secretive glance she made sure no one was watching and stuck the book on the nearest shelf and started paddling her way towards the exit.

Fela gave a polite nod to the librarian who gave her a knowing smile which made her very nervous. She knew...

If Fela could have she would have stuck her tail between her legs and scurried out of there, sadly she had somewhere to be and things to do. Planting her feet firmly on the ground Fela pushed open the door to the Sunken Conundrum and stepped out back into the sun. Syna was much lower in the sky than as when she went in but Fela still had several bells of light left. Gasping for air her gills slowly vanished. She could not pull in enough air to satisfy her screaming lungs. Her throat closed and everything tensed before a spasm rolled through her body throwing her forward expelling all the water from her in a glorious spray which only nearly avoided most of the people walking by. One poor man was not as lucky and scampered off cursing Fela under his breath.

Kneeling on the ground Fela tried to catch her breath and calm the beating of her heart. Her ribs were on fire from the strain of vomiting. Being careful not to move too fast Fela slowly extended her torso testing for pulled muscles before slowly piling her vertebrae on top of one another till she was upright.

Behind her a few people exited the library and without missing a beat started walking back down the street. Her eyes burned with jealously.
I guess I'll just have to get used to it.

Dripping water as she moved Fela trudged towards the exit of the city determined to earn her keep.
Fela Meason
Silly little cat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Fela Meason on August 16th, 2011, 7:32 am

The exit to the city was stretched out in front of the Kelvic and beyond it she could see the Patchwork port. The small flat topped houses dotted the landscape and fishermen could be seen milling about shouting information to each other than only another sailor could ever understand. She exited the city and veered off to the right and away from the micro culture of the shipyard.

The first item on her list was Witch-hazel. This one might be a problem...The barks and leaves she could collect providing she found a specimen but the fruit of the plant would not be ready until the fall season. Shrugging she made her way off along the coasting watching the tree line for it to become denser. It felt good to be out in nature again and let herself connect with it. Caiyha could be felt in every thing and everywhere she looked.

The leaves on the trees and shrubs danced in the breeze rolling in from the river and delighted the cat in wondrous ways. Pleasant smells drifted on the breeze, the smell of fish and smoked meats, wild animals and bubbling brooks, the smell of blooming plants and wet soil. Cutting a path through the trees Fela noted every seedling she passed and any mushrooms growing on the fallen logs. Bright purple blooms paired with lush green leaved spilled out of a bush ahead. Carefully picking her way through the dense foliage careful to not crush any wildlife Fela drew her eating knife from her pocket. It had been sharpened recently and would do fine for harvesting plants.

Her pack in her hands she knelt beside the plant to investigate. Her fingers lingered on the worn leather of her satchel. The leather was cracked and soft with swaths of cotton sewn inside of it to produce multiple pockets, a gift from Salida's mother to the blind girl before they left Alvadas those many years ago. Tears welled up in her eyes and trembled on her lower lids like delicate glass before spilling over and leaving tracks in the dust on her cheeks.

She sniffled softly and pulled one of the buds out of the mass of flowers for a better look. Defiantly Skullcap. Opening her bag to one of the many large pockets inside Fela began to carefully cut the leaves from the plant and the flowers and placed them inside the bag.

Fela pulled the plant up from it's roots cleaning the dirt and placing each part of the plant in the pouch. As she finished she set her knife off to the side and muttered a quick prayer to Caiyha, for her blessing and her kindness for allowing Fela to take of her riches. She had never been very religious but in this forest away from the crush of people and the problems of petty life she felt close to the gods and wanted to thank them.

Fela heard a rustling in the leaves not caused from the wind and slowly turned her eyes upward, she could have sworn she saw a face smiling down on her. Fela pushed the thought away as her imagination and set to work on finding her next specimen.
Last edited by Fela Meason on August 17th, 2011, 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fela Meason
Silly little cat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Fela Meason on August 16th, 2011, 11:22 pm

The next few bells passed quickly and left Fela with a full backpack and sore muscles from walking over rocks and hills. She had found most of her list: Witch Hazel, Mint, Death Cherries, Skullcap and something she thought was Myrtle. Only thing left was the Arjuna. The sun was low in the sky now and the shadows were stretched across the ground like tortured souls being dragged into the underworld. The images made Fela feel uneasy.

She had passed an Arjuna tree a while back but had skipped it deciding to come back after she had collected everything else she needed. With the sun almost set Fela had to take care of the last item on her list. Standing at the base of the tree Fela cast her eyes upward to the top of the tree, it was well over 40 feet tall. A small one for this species of tree but not exactly a bush. The bark was the only part she knew she needed but she had been very careful to take whole plants in case Kirwen let his quirky side out. Sighing Fela dropped her pack and took a long swig off her water skin before producing her sharpened eating knife, she really needed a proper herbalist knife.

Another quick prayer to Caiyha and Fela drove her knife into the front of the tree. She felt the bark give way and loosen. A few more quick wiggles of the blade and she was able to get it under and start stripping the bark from the base. Slipping each piece inside her pack she kept a running total and when she had enough to make at least 5 jars of powdered medicine she slipped the knife into a holder on the front of the pack.

The pale spiky flowers taunted her from the top of the tree. With a small growl of frustration Fela threw herself at the tree and dug her fingers into the bark trying to pull herself up, about six inches in she lost her grip and landed on her back in the dirt.

Fela lay looking up into the trees contemplating her situation. Worried she would face the apothecary's wrath Fela sat up, stripped off her shirt and stood dropping her pants as well. With the sun low in the sky the temperature had dropped rising bumps all over the Kelvic's body. The cool breeze kissed her flesh and sent shivers up her spine. With a mischievous grin the cat shifted forms and tried her leap at the tree again only this time sinking her claws in. She gave a satisfied growl and dug her back feet in propelling herself upwards, the lowest branch was only ten feet from the ground. It took her a few chimes but she was able to reach the branch safely.

Fela settled her butt on the branch and took a much needed deep breath. She was not used to this amount of exorcise as she had been receiving today. Her tongue rolled out of her mouth her ribs rising and falling with her quick breath.

Down the branch the pale yellow flowers shimmered in the light. She sunk her claws into the branch and carefully made her way across it balanced precariously on her wide paws. If she could have jumped for joy she would have as she neared the buds and they were in reach, her jubilation was cut short as the realization sunk in that she lacked thumbs. The frustrated cat sunk her teeth into the thin branch housing the blooms and shook her head side to side ripping at the wood. Splinters embedded themselves into her lips and the whole branch shook with the force of her powerful muscles. With one last victorious yank the branch came loose in her clamped jaws.

She giggled inside her mind at her abilities and allowed her muscles to relax. She was yanked out of her thoughts as she felt her paws slipping and plunging into air, she tried to grab hold of the branch again but it was too late. She pitched forward smashing her jaws into the branch with her legs dangling on either side. The flowers fell down towards the ground and the large cat soon followed after.

Everything slowed down as Fela fell towards the soil below at a frightening speed. The impact sent shocks through out her body rattling everything inside of her around, like animal organs thrown in a bag and shook around to coat them in spices. Fela gave a pitiful whimper and decided it was best to just lie there for a few chimes before even thinking about moving.

Her eyes were about to close as the world dimmed when she caught sight of the pale yellow bloom, she hadn't landed on the branch. Her catch was safe and undamaged. Her small feline lips curled into a version of a smile and she lost consciousness.

Secret :
Last edited by Fela Meason on August 17th, 2011, 3:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fela Meason
Silly little cat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Fela Meason on August 17th, 2011, 2:02 am

Fela awoke to the feeling of rain falling on her face. Cold rain, very cold rain. She groggily sat up rubbing the water out of her eyes. It was dark now and the light from Leth shone down through the trees creating small patches in the pitch blackness of the forest floor. She had shifted back involuntarily in her state of unconscionable and was now feeling ever pebble of the ground in her tender human flesh. She slowly sat up feeling for any broken bones, she didn't feel any but she had learned from her past mistakes that she may feel them until the numbness subsides.

Gathering her soaked clothes and wiggling into it she shook the water off her yellow blooms she had fought to get and placed them in the back pack along with the rest of the plants. Over all the day had been a success.

It took her quite some time to make it back to the patchwork port and much to her happiness the gaping maw had not moved. This was the first time she had ever seen this.

You have come in search of the City of Illusion. Tell me, stra-...

Fela cut him off with the wave of her hand. I have heard it. Open your damn mouth before I pry it open. She waited several heart beats to see if her threat had worked or if she had to sleep in the woods tonight. Because let's face it, there was no way she could force the Maw to do anything it didn't want to do. Finally the large jaws sounded off a loud crack and lowered to the ground letting her pass. As soon we her feet touched the Alvadas streets she heard the jaws snap shut in a huff. It seems even rocks can be offended.

The street hadn't changed since she left and she sighed in relief before she started walking towards where her house should be. Or so she thought. She came to the last spot it had been, both houses on either side were still the same and the shop across the way was still the same little jewelry store she never bothered to go into, but where her house had stood was an empty lot. In the lot was a sign post. The sign had on it a large smiling face.

Fela did not appreciate the joke, she started walking again. Her legs were screaming in protest and all she wanted was to fall into her pile of blankets and go off into a long long sleep.

She watched as Leth fell further and further into the sky. She had walked most of the night and was exhausted. The last thing she wanted to see were the early lights of the morning. At last the gods smiled on her, or at least forgave her for her rudeness and the small dirty roof of her hovel shined up ahead. Fela cried out in joy and fell through her front door barely crawling into her bedding before closing her eyes and drifting off into the dreamscape.
Last edited by Fela Meason on August 17th, 2011, 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fela Meason
Silly little cat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Fela Meason on August 17th, 2011, 2:29 am

31th Day of Summer, 511 AV

Sun spilled across her eyes and the sound of the birds woke her from her exhausted sleep. Grumbling from her lack of rest Fela crawled over towards her chest and reached in pulling out a piece of jerky and wolfing it down. She chased it with a chug of her water skin and wolfed another piece down before she even finished swallowing. Her "breakfast" done Fela pulled herself to her feet and grabbed her backpack. Time to check her haul of the night before. The pack had to have weighed at least 40 lbs and was bursting from samples of bark and roots. Fela slung the bag over her shoulder and set out for the day to turn in her findings.

It seems the anger of the gods had faded over the night and she was quickly able to find Arrhizal Apothecary. She flung open the door rattling the shelves on either side and sending the jars clinking into one another. Thankfully nothing was broken. She would have to have her first wage docked from incompetence. The cat was irritated and not a morning person, this combined with her sore muscles and possible cracked ribs caused her to stomp her way over to the counter, brush aside what Kirwen was working on and drop her bag on the table.

Fela pulled the paper from her pocket, unfolded it and slammed it down on the counter as well. The ink was running from the rain last night and a rat had nibbled on one of the corners.
I have everything on your list. Even your stupid Arjuna. Kirwen seemed taken back by her anger but never lost the scowl he wore. He examined the contents of her back pack looking more and more...pleased? No...just less grumpy. Until he came to the chamber that held what she had hoped was Myrtle.

Kirwen frowned at her and sighed with his head in his hands.
You. Cat. Do you see this? He pulled out a branch with some berries on them. This..is...not Myrtle! You see this? He pointed to the spiny leaves. This is Holly. If I was to make essential oils out of this and some poor child applies it to their nose, they will die. This! He shook the branch around, is poisonous. He flung the twig at her head and it bounced off landing a few feet away.

Fela kept her mouth shut. He was the boss. His face softened just a tad and he crossed his arms.
Well...other than the Myrtle. Good job beast. Maybe it wont be a bad idea to keep you around. You even got the Arjuna flowers. Good cure for red spots.

He considered her carefully and indicated for her to come closer. Come here ya dumb animal. I'm gonna teach you what each of these does.
Fela Meason
Silly little cat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Next