Curiosity And Its Finned Cat (Open!!!)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Curiosity And Its Finned Cat (Open!!!)

Postby Aksia Carataqua on February 3rd, 2010, 12:36 am

Timestamp: 509 AV Winter 7th

Aksia sped along the ocean, knowing that she would soon be in Sunberth, she watched as the ground slowly inclined upwards, notifying her that the beach would appear very soon. She stuck her head above the water and looked for it, sure enough a huge piece of land was sticking out of the water, only a few miles away. She swam happily, days of traveling over, she went through many small underwater villages and even borrowed a friends seahorse to get to her destination, she left the horse with one of her friends clients at the coral village nearest to Sunberth. She then continued her journey, and since land was so close nearby she wriggled with happiness and swam on.

"Sunberth!" Aksia said happily, it was a land of opportunity, treasure and best of all, adventure! This was Aksia's first time approaching Sylira and she was excited, very excited, she was going to meet the best people and have the best fun.

"Probably Not" a voice in her head said "Sunberth is a dangerous city, full of anarchists and those who had no respect whatsoever of order and law, more slit throats here go unnoticed than any other city in Sylira" Aksia quoted in her mind with a shudder. Trying to dispel that thought she gave a huge kick with her webbed toes oblivious to the fact that she was already so close to the shore, the kick propelled her through the water and she wiped out onto the sand-gravel beach. She spat out some of the earthy mixture and said a few of her older brother's choice swear words in Char, to her amazement, instead of the smooth, lilting sound of her language a shriek, a growl and a sound reminiscent to a person belching came out, she had never spoken Char above the water and she was shocked for a second and then remembered that the language of the Charodae don't carry out as well in air as they did in water.

"Well at least I don't have any trouble breathing" she said in the Common tongue. She remembered the first time she had come on land, she had almost suffocated, being so used to taking in water through her mouth, she then noticed that her nose could take in air as well, and she got used to it. She walked around taking multiple specimens of the plants in the Sylara region noting them as she took them and stowing them away into the hard kelp bag she kept attached to her waist.

She walked a while into the woods occasionally hearing the shriek of some monster faraway. Each shriek she heard made her want to scream with terror but she didn't, instead she tightened her wrist razors and made sure that the blades on her boots were still able to flick out at a moments notice, she then swung her cloak around and noting that the blades there were still sharp enough to cut falling leaves in half. After her weapon check, she noticed it was quite chillier up on the land than in the water. "I should find a place for a shelter" she thought and walked on.

Aksia walked for a while, marveling the fact that the speed of her gait was much quicker here than underwater, and even underwater she was quite fast, without the usual extra effort Aksia looked like she was gliding over then land. She saw something ahead and she ran a bit more and then stopped to look at the structure looming out before her. It was a mine it looked more like a cave because it seemed to come out from the ground. She looked around to make sure no one was following her, she thought whether she should go in. "This could be your first adventure you know?" whispered her conscience. "It could be, and anyways, how dangerous can it be? It's just an abandoned mine, there's obviously been no signs of mining here since the Valterrian" she thought and she went in. It was a lot warmer in here for some reason, almost like someone had lit a fire from deep below and the warmth was wafting towards the top. Aksia heard a sudden sound outside, "Could someone really have been following me?" she said and she rushed out of the mine to greet the company of bandits outside.
Aksia Carataqua
The Dancing Healer

Words: 21277
Joined roleplay: January 26th, 2010, 12:30 am
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets