Story of My Life (Lucy)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

Story of My Life (Lucy)

Postby Bryan on August 17th, 2011, 1:34 am

Day 50th of Summer, 511 AV

Finally Bryan decided to make camp where he and Lucy rested, exhaustion had no doubt made their bodies sore and tired. Such a long hike they had accomplished, and the distance they covered was a great achievement for them too. It had only been fifteen days of nothing but short breaks and long walks to where they are now, sleep was a desired luxury they didn't try and keep because time was short. Though they were now a day's past Syliras their schedule was still tight, and one wasted hour could leave them far behind. This chance to find his brother was dear to Bryan, and though Lucy wasn't involved she still stayed with him. He didn't care what she decided, but it still gave him some astonishment that she had traveled with him in his situation.

He managed to pull out his bedroll and rolled it where he was going to sleep, Lucy seemed to be doing her own thing really. He couldn't tell though, he hardly looked or paid much attention to her. Amazingly she had been more quiet than the first few days they met, which had actually pleased him quite well. Silence was golden in most cases, and Bryan liked the quiet so long as peace was to follow. The area they were to camp in was a nice cozy thicket, trees and bushes that hid most of the area they sat in well. Perfect for camping, and no doubt hardly noticeable too. Though that may seem the case this place still was dangerous, everywhere they stepped foot in was dangerous. When Bryan finished collecting wood and leaves for a small campfire, he placed them down between Lucy and his bed. Looking at the gap between the trees they walked through to find this place, he still felt unsure that this place would do.

"I'm going to lay a few traps. See about getting the campfire ready in the meantime." He felt his stomach turn a little, it was empty and ready for food to fill it's empty void. He wasn't going to eat just yet, safety first was the idea. When he pulled out the rope he purchased he also pulled out the three wrist knifes Lucy gave him, just what he needed in order to make a good trap. When he went to the entrance he measured the distance he wanted the rope to cover in his mind, there was enough to cover the entrance and make the triangle he wanted. Placing one knife into the ground he then tied one end of the rope, tugged to make sure it was snug but not enough to pull the knife out. If Lucy's senses were still with her in human form as it should be with other Kelvics, she should be able to detect when something pulls the knifes out of the ground. Moving to the next point he jabbed the knife into the ground and wrapped the rope once around it, moving to the third point where the knife was to be placed. Doing the same as the second knife, and finally reaching the first knife he placed in the ground to finish wrapping what was left of the rope on the knife.

It was a decent triangle, and a clever trap that relied on his companions skills. Were he alone this surely would've been more dangerous. He turned to see if Lucy was done with placing the wood for fire, or hopefully close to it at least.
"When he falls before me and I'm the one standing before him, he find out just how much hate I've held in store for him...."
Bryan
Avenger

Words: 35756
Joined roleplay: June 30th, 2011, 8:04 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Story of My Life (Lucy)

Postby Lucy on August 22nd, 2011, 5:33 pm

Lucy found dry woods fastly and she prepared it for fire. but waited for Bryan to burn it. She was looing at him for a while and she was totally confused about the trap he made, she didn't know much about traps. She was sitting on the ground and, without noticing, playing with the grass. She was trying to figure out what is that trap about. When she noticed what is she doing she remembered somebody could notice cutted grass and stoped.

"Hey, Bryan. What are you doing with that?", she was really curious about that. He ignored question and continued laying the trap. He will probably tell her when he finish it.

She looked at the sky. She haven't been in her eagle form for almost a month. Ok, she have, but not for a long while, few minuts of looking over the terrain. She missed flying and easy traveling around, but she wanted to help Bryan. Klevics are just made to be loyal to humans.

Few minutes later Bryan came back. He seemed happy and unhappy about this little rest. Lucy haven't understood why is he in such a rush. He said that someone important is there, but he doesn't seem like somebody who couldn't wait to see that person. Maybe it's like with Luna, he found out where that person is and got afraid if he or she leave Ravok. Or maybe he is in some kind of danger, he might got some enemy in Sunbreth, it's really easy to find them there and need somebody to cover him? Or that person is in danger and he needs to warn him or her.

"I left fire to you, I thought it's safer. What's up with that traps?", she wanted to ask him about that person, but she didn't want him to get upset. If he is in good mood she'll start conversation like that, the last thing they need is fight, they hardly talk anyways.
Lucy
No need to teach an eagle to fly

Words: 48734
Joined roleplay: July 17th, 2011, 8:45 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Story of My Life (Lucy)

Postby Bryan on August 23rd, 2011, 1:41 am

Without pausing he attended to the wood that was stacked pretty well, for something that was put together so hastily. Taking a couple of the sticks he placed one against the other, examined if their pose was corrected, then began rubbing the two together. He was about to get flustered seeing as how he had more luck last week, but then he also had his flint. Now he had only a small amount left, and the campfires weren't usually a necessity. Tonight though seemed to be fine, and he longed to see a dancing fire again.

Lucy seems curious about the trap, but little does she know her Kelvic senses can pick up the sound if someone trips it. He smirked, a clever idea that involved someone he didn't expect. He could at least thank her later if it worked, still she deserved an explanation for it. "This trap is a tripwire triangle, I thought of using it for when we were in a place such as this." He fumbled through his travel bag to find the small remains of the flint, such a good use they have been when their size wasn't cut down. "The idea is that it can either trip someone of of course, or it will pull the daggers you gave to me out. When that happens sound will be created." Sorting out what wood would catch fire easy and what would should be thrown in when the fire is burning, he started to use the flint. Creating small sparks of fire with each clash between the two. "When the sound is created." Success, fire was born in the midst of the sticks and leaves; engulfing them and happily starting to dance. "You'll have them caught."

She looked rather confused, maybe the concept just a bit difficult to grasp. "Kelvics can hold onto their senses even in human form, your a bird; which can detect the slightest sound when it's created. I suppose I'm using you as well, but using your natural instinct to our advantage you can detect if anything disturbs this rope. Therefore anyone or anything that walks in here will be detected before reaching us." She seemed to understand it that time, though he was unsure it made her feel better knowing he relied on her. Either way they were close to their destination, another good pacing then they would make it to Ravok in no time. He noticed though Lucy seemed distant, as if something distracted her. He wasn't sure what to think about it, only that he didn't need to keep her in the dark so much. Maybe...just this once I'll be less secretive." Taking a seat next to the campfire he looked to Lucy. "You know... When we get to Ravok I'll need you to help me find someone. Someone special to me."
"When he falls before me and I'm the one standing before him, he find out just how much hate I've held in store for him...."
Bryan
Avenger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Story of My Life (Lucy)

Postby Lucy on August 23rd, 2011, 2:18 pm

When Bryan explained trap to Lucy it seemed too simple, it almost made her laugh, but she thought Bryan will understand it wrong. You really need to be patient with us, Klevics.

When he said that she looked at him surprised. He mentioned the thing she was about to ask. And she didn't expected him to ask for help. She knew that she can help a lot if she just fly around city once she could find anybody she knows, but still it seemed like he didn't wanted her to know about that whole thing.

"The person you talked about when we met? Why are you searching for him... or could it be her? Of course, if you want to tell me. I thought about it a lot those days, you seem like you really need to meet him or her fastest as possible...", she stopped. She become annoying again. He already knew her well enough to understand why she stopped in the middle of sentence.
Lucy

Character sheet

Story of My Life (Lucy)

Postby Bryan on August 24th, 2011, 2:13 am

It happened the usual way it would, she would get excited and get ahead of herself. However it didn't really annoy him, instead he only gave a small grin for a minute. "The person we're going to look for when we get there is my younger brother, and the whole story behind this is a bit long so bear with me." He cleared his throat, while looking deeply into the dancing flames before him. "Two years ago my older brother Shad had started to act strange, he became distant with my parents and usually shut himself away in his room. For what reason why I don't know, but when he looked at me he seemed hateful. Then one night when I finally got home I found both my parents murdered in their own house, and he was the one who killed them." She seemed quite shocked to hear that, after all she too had lost her family.

"When I was about to search for Triston, Shad came from behind and left me weakened; and he only told me one thing before nearly burning the house down with me in it. That I had no idea what our parents had in store for us. It didn't make any sense, but that was all he said. I didn't give up though, I fought against the odds and crawled out of that burning building. Since then I lived in a cheaply made tent from what items I could find out of the ruins, and lived in a secret place not to far from that burned house." He allowed a moment of silence to come as he gathered his next thoughts, still gazing into the heart of the fire. "On that day I swore I'd get revenge for my family, and destroy the traitor of our blood. It wasn't until the 30th of the this summer though that I found some important information. Triston was alive, been alive this whole time. For the past two years he's lived as a slave, and he's now in Ravok. I don't have much time though, Shad will be waiting for the guys he paid to kill me; and if they don't show then he'll be the one to kill Triston."

He looked over to Lucy, who seemed intrigued by the story. "That's why I need to hurry, before something happens to Triston." He gazed back to the fire one more time, feeling the exhausting comfort of sleep wanting to take hold. "That's pretty much the whole story, you just happened to cross at a very valuable time."
Bryan
Avenger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Story of My Life (Lucy)

Postby Lucy on August 25th, 2011, 9:49 am

Lucy was becoming more and more shocked by every word he said. His own brother? It was even worse then murder of her parents. She couldn't imagine that, for example, Luna could do such a thing. She gave up looking at him shocked and started to stare at fire, like he did. "I'm sorry.", she said. "I should not have asked. It's terrible."

After that it became silent. The fire was crackling gently. Lucy was looking at it like hypnotised. Bryan seemed like he'll fall asleep and she didn't want to wake him up. She was awake for a long time after that. She was not sure if Bryan was awake too, but even if he was he didn't want to talk anymore. It was enough for tonight, isn't it? Have he ever told that to anybody? Why heve he told it to her? She became tired of those questions and the little warmness which was left by fire which was extinguishing slowly. She looked at Bryan again and he seemed so peaceful in his dream that it made her happy. She smiled and fall asleep.

When she woke up tomorrow Bryan wasn't there. She stood up and looked at remains of last nights fire. She was wondering if he was preparing something for traveling or he was just around. She decided to leave him alone for a while and clean up here. She didn't wanted anybody to know that they were here. They were not hiding or something, but she thought it's better like that. She buried stones and ash and moved some grass on the empty piece of ground. She spent all her food so she decided to eat as eagle. But she needs to find Bryan first. She haven't finished that thought yet when she saw him coming. She suppressed millions of questions she was about to ask last night, why have he told her at the top, and said "Good morning".

OOC :
Sorry for ending last day, I wasn't sure how to continue the conversation. Add 51st to the timestamp. Bryan can ask Lucy for her story if you want...

Lucy

Character sheet

Story of My Life (Lucy)

Postby Bryan on August 26th, 2011, 1:28 pm

OOC :
It's fine, I'll just go ahead and finish the thread with this post. Our next thread is Ravok!!!

"Yeah, so it is." It was a good morning, the trap wasn't disarmed or activated so no intruders. Or at least he hoped. They were alive, and now that the two were awake they worked on getting ready. The morning involved eating, packing, disarming the trap and putting it away, then moving onward. It wasn't until the late morning they were finally ready and on the road again, heading out to the direction that his destination remained. He wasn't far now, a good amount of effort and progress and it'd probably be another five to ten days. However that was if they stuck to schedule, and Bryan planned to stay to the schedule. "When we get there Lucy, I'm gonna have you search the land from the skies while I dock at the harbor. I'll tell you what he looks like when we're about to arrive." That was the only thing he needed to say, and Lucy only gave a nod to show her understanding. While they kept walking Bryan looked to the distant horizon, and though it wasn't there swore he could already see Ravok.
Bryan
Avenger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook