[Akeldama Colosseum] Respect Reknown & Reward (Grim & Moon)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Postby Delanie Moon on August 23rd, 2011, 11:52 pm

I will not faint, I will not faint. Delanie chanted these words to herself. She was so dang nervous. The ringmaster was right they were a well put group. As soon as Miro asked what the man would recomend she nearly died inside. Delanie knew Shale would pick something difficult, anything to please a croud.

BEARS! Delanie shrieked inside her head. What had she gotten herself into? WHat had she gotten these poor men into? Delanie looked into their eyes, she wondered if they could see into hers. She was never good at showing her emotions,and she sure didnt want to start now. So she put on her confident face and gave them both a dazzeling smile.

Seeing the fear and hearing the catch in Miro's voice, Delani felt a knot tighten in her stomache. She wouldnt let that get her down though. Although it seemed like all the odds were stacked against the three Delanie had confidence in them.

"We can do it boys," Delanie stepped closer and reached up to lay her hand on Miro's shoulder. Delanie wasnt used to conforting people but she'd give it a try. "Your not gonna die hunny, your gonna win!" All caught up in the moment she had shouted the words, quieting herself she gave the last of her pep-talk hoping it would cheer them up. "When we walk into the arena, our hearts pounding, they will be there. Thousands of people, screaming our names! We will fight these beast like it was our last, and we will come out with glory in our hearts and Honor to our name."

Delanie could feel this strange burning sensation take over her body. She looked down to make sure she wasnt on fire. She took a deep breathe as her nerves and fears melted into this fire. Delanie looked at her two new partners and wondered if they could see in her eyes that flames that sscorched inside her soul.
Delanie Moon
Player

Words: 17806
Joined roleplay: August 16th, 2011, 5:39 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Shazvagrimkon on August 24th, 2011, 10:05 pm

Walking through the gates, the chanting grew louder and had a pleasant ring to it. Grimkon loved the sound of it all. He began to get a nervous jittery feeling in his arms and legs. Clenching and unclenching his fists he followed behind his two companions.

Listening to Shale talk of bears and dying in style intrigued him. Many years ago when he was younger, Grimkon saw a bear once in a while while slithering through the forest. He never went near these brutes due to their sheer size and strength. After he was old enough and large enough to take any on he never saw them. Remembering the size and ferocious attacks of the beasts worried him though. Not showing this, he stood behind the others and listened as Miro spoke.

When Delanie stepped up and comforted Miro and encouraged the two, he was glad. Never being good with words, Grimkon had no idea what to say and was happy he didn’t have to. Looking into Delaine’s eyes during her speech, he saw a fiery glint just for a second after she looked up. Not giving it any thought, he put it off as excitement and anticipation. Nodding his approval and readiness to Miro, he waits to see what happens next.
He who makes a beast out of himself
gets rid of the pain of being a man
Shazvagrimkon
Snake Dude

Words: 28160
Joined roleplay: August 5th, 2011, 9:00 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet

[Akeldama Colosseum] Respect Renown & Reward (Grim & Moon)

Postby Miro on August 27th, 2011, 2:02 am

Hearing Delanie's words of support hardened Miro's determination. He was going to keep his friends safe and do more than his share of work. Only two bears and three of them. If he could take out one, he would have done half of the work.

He started to form more and more thick res all over his body. He stored up a large amount around his torso, as he added more it started to thicken. He allowed it to trail down his legs only more loosely. The res would work as both a shield and a potential weapon. Wondering if he looked like the dead weight of the group, he figured now might be the time to discuss strategy. "We can do this guys, I...I can try to take one of them down before they get too close. Delanie, you should try to shoot them before they get too close. I'll be using magic to make weapons. Grim, you don't appear to have any long range weapons, so I'll provide you with some. If you two focus on one bear we can make short work of it. If they get close, I will need you two to handle them in close quarter combat, I'm not too useful at short range." Miro put his fists together and started to form res from his palms. He slowly pulled his fists apart and formed the res into a thick spear, then transmuted it into a thick ice. Handing it to Grimkon, he smirked. He then repeated the process three more times, making four spears in total for the man. "Okay you guys, I can't do too much more for you, I can't risk using too much djed."

He readied himself for the upcoming battle just as the crowd started to roar up. He waited to hear their names be called. He looked at both of his companions and nodded when it suddenly hit him. Shale had not once asked their names and yet he was going to introduce them as the cue to walk out. The crowd died out and a thunderous voice came echoing into the waiting area. "My dear creatures of Alvadas, welcome to The Akeldama Colosseum! I can tell we are all excited to see some bloodshed today! Well, you've come to the right place my friends. We have some horrid monsters waiting to be slaughtered back here. Let me introduce them now! Scream, yell, and just go petching crazy for TEAM TIGER AWESOME GO!" Miro looked over dazed and confused. He instinctively started to trod forward. As he saw the light a smile crossed his face. Miro walked triumphantly out for all of to see. He threw his hands into the air and looked around at the people who were screaming and cheering. Shale stood at the opposite end of the arena with a cone of sorts in his hand. He raised it to his mouth and the crowd died down "Aaaaand, over on this side of the colosseum, the REAL beasts. Two large, hungry, angry, deadly bears!" The gates opened as shale climbed a rope safely entering the crowd. Just above the opening from which the bears came out sat a luxurious looking chair. Shale pulled the rope up and walked over to the chair and sat with a large accomplished smile.

From the corridors walked just as they were described two large, fierce looking bears. Miro swung both arms downwards as the res he had stored shot out of his sleeves down his arms and outwards. The cool gooey res felt refreshing as it slid past his arms and outwards. He shaped it in two long spears with a wicked four pronged point at the end. He screamed "NIX" as they transformed into ice. The bears started forward slowly at first but then started to pick up a bit of speed heading right for them. He screamed "FIICE" and concentrated his djed into his right arm. He felt the Flux rushing through his muscles strengthening them dramatically. The pleasure coming from the strength made him clench his teeth together. He launched the spear as hard as possible landing it firmly in the shoulder of bear on the left. It tumbled over on its side and quickly got up and started to charge again. He shifted the other spear to his right hand and started running towards the bear to increase the power in this throw. He yelled "FIIIIISE" and turned to put his all into this colossal throw. He felt the Flux surge deep into his muscles as he let the spear go. The pleasure was immediate and intense. He forced his eyes short for a moment as time seemed to slow. His eyes rolled back for a moment and he wanted more! Miro opened his eyes and watched the spear soar through the air and land deep in the bears haunch. The animal screamed out a loud yelp of pain and the crowd went crazy, though Miro was too focused to notice. Miro held his arms in front of him as the res wrapped around his frame changed to a fluid state and flowed downwards. He focused it all into a large pool at his feet. He walked in the pool or res and begain shaping the res into a block. The bear was coming full force and the distance between them was growing short. The other bear had ran past him and he was unsure how Delanie and Grimkon were faring against their foe, or even if they were still alive. He did however know that if they had failed, that he could not finish the fight for them. He was feeling worn out and he must've looked quite haggard. The bear was now several feet away. Miro focused his mind intently. He forced his arms forward hard as the res shaped into a large spike facing directly at the charging bear. He pushed his body forward and screamed with his entire essence "NIX". The bear had started to rear up and came down on the res just as it was transmuted. The harsh icy lance pierced through its throat and it slid downward only inches away from Miro. Blood sprayed over Miros face and body and his eyes were wide open in shock. He was staring right into the eyes of the now dead bear. He wasn't sure if he had died or if he had killed the beast. The sound of screaming and cheering broke this trance and he melted the ice binding him in place as he turned to look at the crowd. Instead of jumping and cheering, or even feeling accomplished. Feeling thankful for his own life, he dropped to his knees and said a quick prayer to Morwen. He didn't think to turn to the others, partially because he was afraid of what he would see. He had done his part, the rest was up to them.
Last edited by Miro on August 29th, 2011, 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Miro
Not quite Nuit, just a little undead.

Words: 1238727
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2011, 7:52 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Delanie Moon on August 28th, 2011, 7:03 pm

As Delanie heard their team name being called her heart stopped. It wasnt like she was doing something completely unkown to her. She knew what she was going up against. Delanie knew what she would do in this situation. Still her heart pounded feircely. As they walked toward the light at the end of the tunnel Delanie wondered if they were really ready for the fight.

The three stepped out into the sun and waited as the gates were slowly pulled open. Completely zoneing out Delanie knelt down in the red sand. Many had died where she stood at this moment. Many familys had grieved over the sons, and daughters that were lost right in this very spot. Delanie scooped up a handful of sand and rubbed it between her two palms. She asked the other warriors for their strength and courage. She asked that they stand behind her in her upcoming battle. Delanie then stood up, not noticing anything around her, and prepared for her fight.

She then saw the two bears charging toward her. She had forgotten about the other two men. She was in a trance. She watched as the two bears split up, one charging for her and the other charging for Miro. Delanie quickly pulled out an arrow and loaded her short bow. She aimed and fired but missed by a long shot. She saw, out of the corner of her eye, a naked man beside her. In her tranced state of mind Delanie was still a little shocked. Moving on quickly Delanie reloaded her bow and aimed again. This time she waited, instead of rushing the shot she took her time. As she watched the arrow sail through the air she felt a quick burst of triumph as it landed just behind the bears right ear. She heard its scream of pain and a distant roaring sound. The croud was please, but she didnt have time to worry about that. The bear was now in rage. She could see it cross its point of sanity. Delanie stood her ground.

As the bear got closer she saw the other man attacking the bear too. When it got about 20 feet from her, Delanie charged at it. She felt her legs pumping, her feet pushing off the ground with each step. She loaded her bow again and shot off an arrow trying to distract the bear. As it grazed past the bears left shoulder she jumped into the air. With all the force she could come up with Delanie sliced the bear down its back. Its growl of pain could be heard in the next town. As she landed Delanie rolled into a kneeling position. Without waisting anytime She jumped up and charged for the bear.

"You will lose." Delanie was distracted by the soft voice that spoke in her head. In that distraction she didnt notice the bear swing its massive paw toward her, or the 2 inch claws extended to full length. Delanie let out a pain filled scream as she felt the claws dig deep into her skin, just above her left collar bone. She whimpered as the pain wrenched her to her knees. Immeditaly she stuck her tulwar up, her only protection in her state of injury. As she quickly scooted back she wondered if the voice was going to be right.
Delanie Moon
Player

Character sheet

Postby Shazvagrimkon on August 29th, 2011, 9:52 pm

Following shortly behind the other two team members in this odd and thrown together group, Grimkon’s heart began to race. He began to have the familiar metallic taste of adrenaline in the back of his throat. Walking out into the sun he saw Miro reveling in the cheers of the crowd. Then Grimkon noticed Delanie kneeling and rubbing sand between her palms. Knowing the fight would begin soon, Grimkon had to get ready so as not to shred his clothing.

While the announcer was speaking Grimkon quickly dropped his backpack and started carefully taking his clothes off so as not to drop the spears given to him by Miro. After removing his undergarments there came many whistles and yells from the crowd which caused him to laugh. The warm sun felt very good beating down upon Grimkon’s bare skin. He then took the belt out of his pants and put it loosely hanging diagonally across his chest and attached his sword to the back. Hearing the crowd grow much louder all of a sudden, Grimkon looked up to see two large, angry, fierce bears walking out of the tunnel adjacent to them. Quickly, he grabbed the spears, holding one in his right hand and the other three in his left hand. He then began to shift into his dhani form. When he finished, anyone not paying attention would have thought that the strange naked man was replaced by a large 15 foot, black snake with a human torso and arms. Seeing one bear stuck with a large ice spear rushing towards Miro and a one rushing towards him and Delanie with an arrow stuck inside it, Grimkon quickly threw the spear in his hand at the bear heading towards him. Not having much practice with ranged weapons, this spear missed drastically. Quickly switching another spear to his right hand, Grimkon threw this one, which only scraped across the back of the bear causing it to let loose a slight roar.

In the time it took the bear to finish roaring, Grimkon had switched to his third spear and noticed Delanie was rushing bear. Not knowing what she was about to do, Grimkon began to slither forward and threw the spear, catching the bear high up in the thigh causing it to trip slightly. While watching Delanie jump and slice the bear across the back, Grimkon was slithering at full speed towards the bear with the last icy spear in his left hand and drawing his shortsword with his right hand. After Delanie landed the bear turned and they rushed at each other. Reaching the bear, he reared his body up and thrust the spear into its back while the bear took a wide swing at Delanie. He saw the sudden blooming of red from the wound opened by the bear’s massive claws. Grimkon knew his ally was injured and the bear was rearing up about to come down on top of her when he saw she threw up her sword. He quickly coiled down and sprang forward ramming the bear in the back. Upon contact, Grimkon felt the thick fur matted down with fresh blood from the slice put there by Delanie’s sword. Then he felt the solid muscles in the bears back and felt as though he hit a wall. The bear was effectively knocked forward, farther then its target and its claws hit the dirt a foot from the injured woman’s head. Her sword had impaled the beast threw the chest. The bear let out one last roar that was stopped short when Grimkon swung the massive rattle on the end of his tail and slammed it into the bear’s ribs causing it to fall onto its side. Then he rushed forward and pulled Delanie out from under the rest of the dead brute’s body. Scooping her up, he looked to where Miro was and saw him on his knees with his head down and slithered to him setting down Delanie. Finally, the fight was over and Grimkon was left exhausted and bruised.
Shazvagrimkon
Snake Dude

Character sheet

Postby Miro on August 30th, 2011, 12:07 am

After Miro had finished his prayer he noticed the sound of somebody near him. He looked over to see a massive snake creature setting Delanie near him. He fell over onto his butt and cowered in fear, his eyes changed to a bright orange. "WHAT THE...Wh..G..Grimkon? His eyes settled back to purple. He looked down and noticed Delanie's injury. "Is there a doctor here? No, I guess I'll have to do what I can." Miro focused creating thick res from his hand. "Don't move Delanie." He used his other hand to make a larger amount of a liquid res and moved it over the wound and transmuted it to water. After it had washed over the wound he moved the res in his offhand across the wound and absorbed the water and blood. "Now, all we need is something to cover it with. I don't want to turn your arm to ice, but, I don't feel right leaving you like this. I know what to do! Miro used his res to mop the blood from his face and let the res sink into his shirt. He leaned forward and kissed Delanie on the forehead gently. "There, do you feel better? When i was younger, my mom would always kiss my forehead and I'd forget all about my injuries." Miro smiled down at her. "How about we leave this blood soaked pit and get our payment?" Miro staggered as he walked towards the exit. He had overdone it and was starting to feel the drawbacks.
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Delanie Moon on August 30th, 2011, 1:08 am

Delanie watched as the bear stood on its hind legs, seconds from coming down ontop of her. "Im sorry I failed you Pa." She bowed her head in defeat, waiting for the last pain filled moments to come to an end. Delanie felt the massive weight of the bear land ontop of her, its weight knocking her onto her back. With the bear crushing her she could only little pants of breath in. When she felt the weight of the bear disappear she knew she was dead.

Delanie felt herself being lifted into strong arms. This made her feel safe, that maybe being dead wasnt going to be so bad. When Delanie felt warm sand against her back she wondered if she was near the water, and was that roaring sound the ocean.

"If I am dead why am I still feeling pain?" Delanie wondered to herself. She didnt think her body would still hurt after death. As her eyelashes flutter open Delanie saw Miro and Grim leaning over her with worried looks on their faces. She hoped the werent dead too. Delanie then felt the touch of warm lips to her forhead. Lips full of life that were speaking to her. She reached her weak hand to her neck, being careful to avoid the aching wound. Underneath her shaking fingers she felt a heart beat. Delanie smiled a weak smile, she was glad to live another day. Delanie had the others help her to her feet, so she could walk to claim her victory. As she stood on shaky knees she prayed she wouldnt fall. She then sent thanks to the Warriors who had been there standing beside her, making sure she stayed alive.
Delanie Moon
Player

Character sheet

Postby Shazvagrimkon on August 30th, 2011, 7:03 pm

After setting Delanie next to Miro, Grimkon watched in awe as his companion performed strange magic that cleaned the wound and helped Delanie. After watching this, he morphed back to his human form and helped Delanie to her feet. The crowd continued cheering the name of their team. Pride and happiness swelled in his chest. They walked towards the gate out of the arena. “Hold on. I have to grab my things and get dressed.” Grimkon stated this while leaving Delanie and Miro. Unstrapping the belt from his chest, Grimkon quickly pulled on his clothing and strapped the belt through the pants again. He then picked up his backpack and slung over his shoulders and walked back to his new friends and walked out with them while the crowds continued to roar and chant.
Shazvagrimkon
Snake Dude

Character sheet

Postby Miro on August 31st, 2011, 5:03 am

Miro was quite relieved to see everybody okay. His heart settled down and he moved the res out of his shirts and across his clothing removing all of the blood. He proceeded to to do the same for Delanie. "Here Delanie, let me help you walk." He tried helped Delanie walk by supporting her weight. She had her arm across his shoulders and his arm across her hip. Sadly the height difference between them was too great for this to work properly. He proceeded to carry her on his back. She was not too heavy, but Miro was tired. He could bear her weight long enough for her to recover from the fight. She was tough, it wouldn't take her long to get back on her feet. Part of him just wanted to be close to her, Miro found himself strangely fond of this woman. Deep down, he just wanted her to know that he would take care of her. Grimkon had gone ahead to get his clothing. Miro, Delanie, and Grim all proceeded into the entrance together. The fight was over, they had their glory, now all that was left was the reward.

"Welcome back my fierce competitors! That was a marvelous display of guts. I wasn't sure if you were going to get out of there alive! Well, you did your part, now I shall do mine." Shale dug deep into his pockets and pulled out some gold pieces. Miro set Delanie down to walk on her own. Each was given a their share of the earnings.

Without checking the amount earned, Miro pocketed the miza and walked outside. He said his goodbyes and went on his way. He was sad to say goodbye, and was never too good with what to say. He knew that this wouldn't be the last time he saw them, and it never hurt to leave them wanting more. He proceeded to walk until he chanced upon his house. There would be no sign of him being in any danger, only one happily exhausted Miro.
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Delanie Moon on September 6th, 2011, 12:14 am

Delanie was able to walk out of the horrid place without falling to her knees. She felt tons better after Miro had healed her, the pain not so much like death. She knew all to well she would hurt for a long time. Delanie would not be able to fight very soon. and she would have an unnattractive scar across her collar bone. She didnt care about any of that though, she was walking away alive, and thats all that mattered to her. When she saw her life flash before her eyes, its was like nothing else. In that moment she was ready to die. But now, she wastn sure what she had been thinking. Delanie met two new men today, extrodinary people. Neither of them like her in apperance, but she knew they were all the same in their own way. As she stepped away from them she hoped it wouldnt be that last time she saw them.
Delanie Moon
Player

Character sheet

PreviousNext