[Akeldama Colosseum] Respect Reknown & Reward (Grim & Moon)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Postby Miro on August 19th, 2011, 12:40 am

12th day of Summer, 511 AV

Kinneas had told Miro a lot about Alvadas, his home town. There was one story that seemed more amazing than the rest however. It was not the city that shifted tirelessly, nor the claims of snow in summer. Seeing people perform was what caught Miro's attention. In the streets you can see anything from dancers to magicians. Though it all sounded impressive, none of that compared to the Akeldama Colosseum. A place where warriors performed in the most gorgeous art form, fighting. Thousands of people came to watch you slay beasts, and chant your name. Miro could hear it now, the beast, a giant monster, of which no mortal man could hope to slay. The crowd would scream in fear, until...then he would walk out, the peoples hero, champion of all fighters, Miro. He would walk out in shining gold armor, blade in hand, and effortlessly slay the beast. Then the crowd would chant "Miro, Miro, Miro", in the crowds the girls all reaching out, wanting him to look up and smile in their direction. Miro loved the thought, and he knew he must go there, but not with Kinne around. Kinneas loved to kill Miro's fun, he would worry too much. Today he was going to go out alone, no worries, only glory.

"Kinneas is out training in the courtyard, probably working on some kickboxing. If I leave now, I can get there and back without him coming after me!" Miro carefully crept out the door and closed it as quietly as possible. Walking in the streets alone for the first time was a bit of a treat. In the 5 years he had been with Kinneas, it was rare for him to let Miro adventure off on his own, but now that they were in the city, away from the danger of the forest. It was high time to get back to the danger! Walking along the street with no knowledge of where he was going or how to get there was fine. He passed all sorts of interesting people, a lot of which were human, but some were...strange. Strange things were to be expected in this city though, and Miro loved that. Performers lined the streets, dancing, singing, playing instruments, it was gorgeous! He wandered aimlessly until he heard something. was it...cheering? His pace quickened and he followed the sound. The closer he got the louder the sound seemed. He knew it as soon as he saw it, looking older than anything else the city seemed to hold, the arena that would make his fantasies reality. He stopped at the black gates, an uneasy feeling took hold in his gut, and fear gripped his spine leaving him paralyzed. Now that he was here, would he turn tail and run? No, not run, but perhaps waiting until he built up some nerve wouldn't be a bad idea.
Miro
Not quite Nuit, just a little undead.

Words: 1238727
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2011, 7:52 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Delanie Moon on August 19th, 2011, 4:00 am

12th day of Summer, 511 AV

Delanie woke up with a moan. She stretched her body to its full length, hoping to get the stiff muscles she had back into movement. Thankfully the muscles she had recently used on her journey to Alvadas were not complaining. Although the ones she hadnt used were screaming in agony. God she was out of shape. After years upon end of daily combat training, plus working on her farm with her Pa, Delanie had built quite a nice body structure. She had enough muscles to be used when needed but could also get in a dress and not appear to be having her muscles burst out of her clothes. Delanie groaned as she forced her aching body to move itself. Sure the sun was just getting up and she could have slept the day away. That wasnt her normal style though. Delanie always seemed to be up with the sun in the morning, but nothing close to bright eyed or bushy tailed. "Ah, a good run would be nice" She said aloud to herself. She was so used to her father being there with her in the mornings, talking up a storm like he always did, that she forgot that he simply wasnt. She stood up with a sulky look on her face, ignoring the burning of her muscles. Everytime she thought about her father she sulked. She couldnt get over what had happened that awful night. "Well im not just gonna sit around and sulk anymore. Im gonna get 'em Pa, you just wait, im right on their tail." Again Delanie spoke aloud, as if her Pa was really there. Even though no one was around to hear her. She knew that if she didnt say what was on her mind she would simply go crazy.

Delanie threw on some clothes and stepped out into the early morning. It was nice here, she couldnt deny the city that. The trees were odd to her but beautiful in their own sense. She had never seen a place like this. So calm but so mysterious at the same time. The sun beat down leaving golden warmth all over her face. She breathed deeply, taking in everything Alvadas had to offer her. She leaped into a foward motion with maybe a little to much excitment and set off at a steady pace. As she ran she would be able to think, process everything that had happened in the recent years.

Each step Delanie took was like a massage to her once aching body. The farther Delanie ran the more sense she got of the city. She was on a road, hard beneath her feet but in a comforting way. The farther she ran the more it changed. It was like five different roads had been made into one. It played with her mind. Finally after what seemed like hours and her body was starting to feel the burn of a nice workout she came to the city. People were everywhere. She slowed her pace so she could take every bit of it in. Women dressed in their finest danced amoung themselves. Delanie was seemeingly impressed. They seemed to be enjoying themselves so much they didnt care who was watching. Delanie smiled as a pair of two young children ran past her. One screaming "You wait till Pappa hears about what you did to me!" Delanie could remember those days, but still she pressed on.

Thats when she saw it. A building rose above all others, its beauty out-shinning the rest. The old stone it was made from was marred with years of use. She walked up to the top and looked down at the firey sands below. She knew the meaning of this place and what went on here. Delanie turned quickly and headed back to her make-shift home. At such an early hour there was not a soul to be seen. She would return home, and come back prepared.

On her way back Delanie expected a long, tiring run like the first had been. But as she started to travel it seemed that it took her half the time to get there. Nothing changed, the trees were the same, the curves at the same spots. How could it be that a road has shortned when that was impossible? She shook her head in defeat, she had better things to think about. She ran in her door nearly taking it off its hinges. Delanie quickly ran to her bed and pulled out the weopon that law beneath. The tulwar had once been her fathers when he was near her age. Delanie was sure to get it passed down to her since her father had no sons. Fate would have it that way, for it was the only thing she could save the night her house caught fire. Nothing was left after the flames died down, just the ashes of her past and the burnt hole in the place she used to call home.

Delanie hooked her tulwar to her belt and her arrows to her back. With her shortbow in one hand and her cloak in the next she set off back to the arena. As she aproached a phantom sound reached her ears from hundereds of yards away. They were cheering for someone, or something. Delanie laughed silently to herself. She might soon be the hero they would be swooning over like love sick girls. "Watch out boys," Delanie said softely to her self, "Im back in business."
Last edited by Delanie Moon on August 21st, 2011, 1:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Delanie Moon
Player

Words: 17806
Joined roleplay: August 16th, 2011, 5:39 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Shazvagrimkon on August 19th, 2011, 9:21 pm

Grimkon walked along the streets of this strange town. He loved it. Marveling at each different street performer, he had spent many days walking threw this city. Everyday he would wake up and it would seem that he took the same path each day but he never saw the same things along the way. The only thing Grimkon saw on each walk was the large coliseum. Today he walked along spending much of the morning watching performers and the many women dancing.

After a few hours of this aimless walking, Grimkon came to a point where he began to hear a low chanting. The familiar sound drew him and he began to jog towards the sound. Coming around a bend in the road the magnificent building came into view. The huge structure seemed as though it was older then the surrounding building. The black gates seemed to add a foreboding aura to the building. The thought of fighting in the huge arena inside quickened his heart. He wanted to be inside with the chanting all around. With his sword at his side and his coins in his backpack he was always ready to walk in and fight or join in watching the many fighters. He had not gone in any of the other days though. Often, Grimkon would stare at the beauty and get lost in the chanting for awhile and before he knew it, it would be night. Today would not be the same though. He hungered for the fight and walked up to black gates.
He who makes a beast out of himself
gets rid of the pain of being a man
Shazvagrimkon
Snake Dude

Words: 28160
Joined roleplay: August 5th, 2011, 9:00 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet

Postby Miro on August 19th, 2011, 11:40 pm

With his nerves calmed, Miro took a second to reassess his situation. He looked to his left, it seemed a beautiful young girl equipped with both bow and sword had arrived. He marveled at her striking beauty, and yet, there was something else about her. She appeared confident, and yet, there was something off. He could tell that this young lady was more than her appearance showed. Turning to look away he noticed another man walking up. In fact, he looked strikingly similar to Miro. His height build and hair were quite similar, but the eyes, they were so...different. He could not place his finger on what race he might be, but more than likely he was human, like most in this city. He appeared to be here for a reason too. Perhaps these people were to be his competition, or maybe even, would they be interested in sharing in his glory? The idea did not please him entirely, but being greedy never was his thing. Besides, if there were any people worth befriending in the city, they would be here.

Miro though for a moment. Maybe if he, being an amazing warrior was scared, perhaps they were as well. The only question now was who to address first. Of course it would be the beautiful lady, she definitely caught his attention first. "Hello miss, did the roar of the crowd draw you in as well? I am here to fight for glory, to have all of Alvadas know my name. I suppose i should start with you. And might i say, you're quite the sight to behold." Miro gave a slight bow, one hand tucked to his stomach, the other leading to the side. "I am Miro. If you dont mind me asking what is your name?"
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Delanie Moon on August 20th, 2011, 11:54 pm

Delanie closed her eyes and embodied her surroundings. She could hear the clash of metal and the screams of the wounded and dieing beast. With her blood boiling from the anticipation of her own fight, she takes several deep breaths to calm her racing nerves. She'd be lieing if she said she wasnt scared. From the amount of adrenaline pumping through her viens, Delanie was feeling slightly lightheaded.

Through the adrenaline, racing nerves, and queezeness she got the all to familar feeling of someone watching her. Sure enough as she glanced over her right shoulder, just a few feet away, an attractive looking boy was gawking at her with large violet eyes. His dark hair lay neatly against his fare skin. As Delanie assessed this boys figure she noticed she wasnt looking at him like he was only competiton. Overwhelmed with surprise Delanie jerked her gaze back to the coliseum. Delanie was shocked, she had never looked at a boy without thinking of him as something she was about to fight.

Delanie jumped at the sound of a smooth, fine voice from behind her. As she looked back over her shoulder it was obvious he had been talking to her. Delanie stared at him for a second, wondering if he had really asked such a silly question.

"Yes, the crowd drew me here. I too, am waiting for the day that crouds cheer my name." Delanie decided she was going to ignore the last thing the boy had said. Right when she thought he couldnt be any stranger she watched as he gracefully bowed to her. With one hand on his stomache and the other at his side, she could tell he thought he was charming. "Oh, but he is." Delanie shook her thoughts away, she wasnt the type to be interested in boys, unless they proposed a good fight.

"Miro." Delanie liked that name and the way it sounded. With these strange thoughts buzzing through her head; Delanie replied with an irritated remark. "I do mind. My name is of no concern to you. What you should be focusing on, instead of romancing innocent girls, is the fight that lies ahead in the arena. Prepare yourself, every fight you take might be your last," Delanie looked into his violet eyes, which seemed to be taking on a more redish hue. She said her last thought briskly before turning her back on him, "and what a shame that would be."
Delanie Moon
Player

Character sheet

Postby Miro on August 21st, 2011, 1:06 am

The girl was not only pretty, but she had some spirit to her too! His impression of her was dead on. She had a presence about her that drew his attention deeper. She was not interested in anything but a fight, and it was apparent. Though her remarks about each fight possibly being his last reminded him of his lost mother. As his thoughts turned sour, he was reminded of the sight of her dead body. The scent of her blood on his hands. His eyes started to change as he started to get angry at the thought, but now was not the time! he quickly took control of his emotions and his eyes returned to purple. Remembering the lady who sat before him he was unsure what to do. Her interest in fighting would make her a valuable ally, and she did have a point. He needed to focus. Would he gain her favor by fighting her? Maybe asking for her assistance would be enough. Or, could it play to his advantage to admit he was scared? The possibilities were endless, but in the end he could only choose once.

He turned his back to her to look at the man. Rather than plan everything out he would act on sheer impulse. "You there, how about you, me, and this pretty lady here all go in together. I haven't been here before and I would love some company entering." He turned back to the girl and smiled. "This lady has a good point, our fights could be our last. I don't know about you, but I want to live. There is power in numbers, and three is feeling damn lucky to me. I'm Miro, introductions can wait, but then again, I'd like to know the name of my brothers in arms."
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Shazvagrimkon on August 22nd, 2011, 8:15 pm

It was a beautiful sight. Standing before the gates of this magnificent building quickened his pulse. Getting closer, he stopped and noticed a man and woman conversing. Intrigued by the man’s questions and tone of voice, Grimkon listened in. Hearing how the young beauty answered and did not answer this Miro’s questions brought a smile to Grimkon’s lips and made him chuckle. She is a spirited woman. When the man turned to Grimkon he noticed that they have a strikingly similar appearance.

When Miro addressed him, Grimkon turned and looked him in the eyes. They seemed to be growing darker until they settled to a deep purple. That is a very peculiar trait for a human to have. Then the man smiled towards the woman and he noticed the sharp fangs. Well maybe not a full human. I wonder what he is. Not that I'm one to talk. “I think that is a decent enough idea. I am Shazvagrimkon.” This is good. They should make decent companions. But I should hide my race for now. Not all people are very accepting of my kind. Directing his question to the lovely lady, “Will the nameless woman join us in glorious victory?”
Shazvagrimkon
Snake Dude

Character sheet

Postby Delanie Moon on August 23rd, 2011, 2:27 am

Delanie appeared to be ignoring the two men having a conversation behind her, but she heard their every word. "He ask such silly questions." She couldnt help but laugh inside. This Miro sure had a way with words. Finally after a very intense debate going on in her head she decide she would go along with them. But so help her god the minute one of them held her back, she'd kill the man herself. Delanie never faught a fight she couldnt win. She never faught a fight she needed help winning. And she sure wouldnt start now. No one would get in her way of living. "Not even these two."

Delanie took this time to look the men over. To her surprise they look almost exactly alike. They both had the pale skin unlike her golden tan. Although one had a sight olive tone to his. Black hair covered their forheads but not in the creppy way. With good hieght and nice builds both were good to be alied with. The only thing Delanie could tell that was different were their eyes. One had gold eyes that seemed to glow like a forest fire. His eyes drew her in and she couldnt seem to be able to look away. There was something off with this one, a darkness she couldnt quite see. Delanie decided to ignore it, it wasnt her business anyway. And the other, Miro was his name, had violet eyes. They were beautiful, but she had to look away. She couldnt think when she looked in his eyes. "Does that just happen to me?" she thought. They distracted her, so mysterious but so knowing at the same time.

These men were not men at all.. They were something totally new to her. They appeared to be men, normal looking even. But it was all in the eyes, or so she thought. As Miro turned to her before she was caught in his violet gaze she caught glimpse of pearl white fangs, sharp and waiting just behind his smiling lips.

"My name is Delanie," She paused before continuing, could they hear the catch in her voice? She couldnt lie, the teeth had surprised her, but she had other things to worry about. Delanie wondered if she should tell them her last name. Would they reconize the name of Ian Moon's daughter? Or what implied with that name? She decided against telling them her last name. "And I too am seeking honor to be put to my name." And restore the honor to my fathers, she thought to herself. "I will fight with you but we must get something straight right now. I will not put myself in danger if you act stupid and get hurt. So dont expect help from me. I wont expect it from you." She wasnt sure who she was trying to convince on that part. " I can tell neigther of you are human," Delanie cou see the spark of shock mirrored in their eyes. Stil she continued. "What you are is of no concern to me, all I am concerned about is if you can fight?"

Delanie wondered why she was being such a hardass with these two. It wasnt like she cared about them, they were just things she used. "Is that what your heart tells you?" Delanie ignored the soft voice in the back of her head. Hearts were for the weak, and everytime she gave hers a chance, it broke. So instead of being being smug, she put a big smile on her face and gave them her 'Im Innocent' look and reached out her hand. It was up to them to accept her deal. Her deal to Take and Conqure.
Delanie Moon
Player

Character sheet

Postby Shazvagrimkon on August 23rd, 2011, 8:57 pm

Barely noticing the catch in her voice, Grimkon wondered if she noticed the fangs as well. Though he was slightly taken aback by this womans harsh tone and replies, Grimkon listened to what she had to say. She seemed to only care about the fight and protecting herself. Maybe not the best ally to have if I become injured but I don't plan on being injured anyway. Then he was shocked by her comment on him not being human. "You are very observent. Not very many people notice that about me at first. Just to clear things up and avoid problems on the battlefield I will tell you both that I am Dhani. I do not know what our other companion is though." Grimkon was very thankful that she did not make a big deal of his lack of being human. After Delanie finished talking he accepted her outstretched hand and gave it a quick firm shake. "Very well then. Shall we head inside Miro?"
Shazvagrimkon
Snake Dude

Character sheet

Postby Miro on August 23rd, 2011, 11:26 pm

Miro looked at the man who called himself a 'Dhani'. What the hell was that? It seemed everybody was ready to move inside. He nodded and as they proceeded through the gates he decided to clear up any confusion on his race. "I'm a halfbreed since you guys cant seem to figure it out. My father was a Vantha, and my mother a Symenestra." He wondered what he was still, but found it best not to pry too much.

As they walked into the entrance of the large building they were greeted by a peculiar man. He seemed eager as they walked up to him. He gave a big smile, revealing his sharp teeth. "Hello, hello! Welcome to the Akeldama Colosseum! I am Shale, ringmaster and grounds keeper. Now, what do we have here? Ah, it looks like a fine young group of contestants. I know you are all competing, I can see it in your eyes. So, the only question is, are you all fighting together?" Miro nodded slightly. "We are together, and yes, we are here to fight. So, what would you recommend for first time fighters?" Shale chuckled slightly, his teeth stuck out past his lips. "Yes, yes, very good! I have just the thing for you all. A large fierce bear! No, two fierce bears! You will do fine, and if not, even better!" Shale ushered them into the standby area. "I'll go ready the fight and get the crowd ready, when i announce your name, walk out. Oh and one more thing...if you're going to die, do make sure to go out in style. The messes are always such a hassle."

Miro looked at the others with a troubled expression. He was quite nervous and started to fear he might choke up and succumb to stage fright. "I..I don't want to die guys. We can do this, let's stick together and fight these..bears. What do you guys think? Are you ready for this?" Miro began forming liquid res under his clothing all over covering his body. He would be ready to take the bears down as fast as possible.
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next