[The Wolf's Cave] Waiting for a Stranger (Belaya)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Postby Miro on August 20th, 2011, 10:30 pm

15th day of Summer, 511 AV

Miro again found himself wanting to wander about the city. It was quite a peaceful place and the streets were always something to behold. The performers were not a new sight to him, and yet they still amazed him. With all of the performers around, you would think that one would grow tired of them rather quickly, but no, it didn't. It was almost like they were competing against each other. Each one had their own style, something unique. It was a shame he had no money, some of them were quite impressive.

Just as walking was just starting to get boring he saw something a little more interesting. What were these people? One was a Symenestra, like his mother. But the others, they were strange. One had a pair of wings, and it looked like he had a pet with him. Snooping is always fun, so following them from a safe distance wouldn't hurt. He made sure to keep out of sight, and not act as if he were following. He knew enough of the city to keep close. The streets twisted and turned. He looked as if he were searching for something. The guise wasn't perfect, but it was something.

The trio turned and started to walk towards something. It looked as if it were, perhaps some sort of cave. Whatever it was, it had Miro's attention. His curiosity would not allow him to turn away at this point, the only thing left to do was try to fit in. He had no wings, nor a pet. He was half Symenestra though, perhaps that would be enough.

Walking in he first noticed the heat, then the damp atmosphere. This was not pleasant, but turning around now would look quite strange. A sudden voice greeted him. "Hi, how are you doing? Can i get you a room?" Miro sat for a second, he knew saying he had no money would not be the most wise decision, but he couldn't ignore her. "No, I'm here to meet somebody, I don't think he's here yet though." He proceeded to walk over and sit on a table facing the door, perhaps he would wave to the next person to wander in and look lost. If nobody showed after a while he would walk out looking a bit disappointed. Either way this was going to be fun, it was unlike him to deceive people like this, but he was loving it.
Miro
Not quite Nuit, just a little undead.

Words: 1238727
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2011, 7:52 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Belaya Smert on August 20th, 2011, 10:53 pm

15th day of Summer, 511 AV

Belaya Smert sat on the corner of the street watching people pass by, thinking on why he had come to Alvadas. He had come looking for one of the humans who had orchestrated his companion's death. Yesterday he had walked the streets randomly, trying in vain to find this "Wolf's Cave" the merchant he had talked to in the bazaar had mentioned. Now he was at wits end, blisters forming on his feet from walking so long. At the thought of his companion, his hand tightened on the katana's hilt and he felt the tears go down his face, though he made no sound.

Forcing the thoughts from his head, he got up and lead the horse on again, hoping to get to the place before sunset. His legs trembled from exhaustion brought on by the outpour of sadness he had just went through. He walked past a large door on his left, little noticing it in his weariness, until he heard a voice shouting to him from it. Turning to look, he saw a young man standing in the doorway, holding what seemed to be a cane and looking at him with striking purple eyes.
Belaya Smert
Player

Words: 19991
Joined roleplay: August 16th, 2011, 4:49 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Miro on August 21st, 2011, 12:07 am

Miro waited for a short time. Though it didn't seem long he was bored. It seemed nobody was wandering in, and he started to think about leaving. Just as he started to move he saw a man creep in. He looked weary and perhaps a bit unsure. Just what Miro had been waiting for! "Ah, just the person i was looking for!" He walked over with a confident smile on his face. He was hoping not to cause too much confusion or worse yet, give the man a chance to blow this ruse. Placing one hand on his shoulder he led him to a nearby table. "So come, sit down my friend. I hope you didn't have too much trouble finding the place." Taking a seat he leaned in close to whisper so only he could hear "Hey, buddy, sorry if there is any confusion. We can just talk about what brings you here. After that, then you can leave." Miro sat back slyly. He had no idea why he was acting this way, or even that he could. These words just seemed to flow and his actions seemed as if they were not his own. He loved to have fun, but it was rarely out of deception. One thing he was sure about was the excitement that came from such trickery.
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Belaya Smert on August 21st, 2011, 1:13 am

"Ah, just the person I was looking for!"

Belaya looked at the man, but couldn't remember ever seeing him before. As the man placed his hand on his shoulder, he flinched, then forced himself to react. Don't let them know they have an effect on you. Otherwise they will use it to their advantage.

Coming to a table, the man said, "So come, sit down my friend. I hope you didn't have too much trouble finding the place." Leaning closer as they sat down, he said, "Hey, buddy, sorry if there is any confusion. We can just talk about what brings you here. After that, then you can leave." As the other person sat back, Belaya looked at his eyes, which had turned a deep blue, and could see something wasn't right, but what he couldn't be certain of.

Feeling the rawness of his throat from crying earlier, when he spoke his voice came out barely over a whisper. "My name is Belaya Smert. I have come here to pay a debt. So whatever you're holding back, you better come forward. I can see that something isn't right, in your eyes."
Belaya Smert
Player

Character sheet

Postby Miro on August 21st, 2011, 1:49 am

"Pay back a debt huh?" Miro spoke the words without thinking. He had come here not by chance, but for a reason, a very serious one. What had Miro done? He had taken this man by surprise and led him away from whoever or whatever had drawn him here. He had no choice but to help him now, to make amends for his stupid game. His eyes made a slight transition to a lighter color, he was going to help this man in whatever way possible. "Listen, I'll be honest with you, I wandered in here by chance, out of curiosity. Then instead of looking like an idiot and turning to walk away, I claimed that i was waiting for somebody. I was planning on walking away after a while, but you looked lost. I feel like a jerk. Please, allow me to help you settle this debt. I don't have any money, but I'm pretty good for protection. Who are you looking for and how may i be of assistance? Oh, and by the way, I am Miro. Sorry to meet you in such an odd way."
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Belaya Smert on August 21st, 2011, 3:17 am

"It's fine. If it wasn't you trying to take advantage of me, it would have been someone worse," Belaya said as he released his grip on his wakizashi, just realizing he had been gripping it habitually. Letting his muscles relax a little, he yelled, "can we get some drinks back here? I've been looking for this place for two days, and I would rather forget the entire experience, among other things."

He then placed two golden mizas on the table, and said, "Here, get whatever you want. Just know that I still don't trust you, so I'm going to wait until I know you better before deciding to let you help me. If you even have anything to help me with." Laying back, he began thinking of better times. Wistfully, he said without thinking, "Kakashi."
Belaya Smert
Player

Character sheet

Postby Miro on August 21st, 2011, 8:27 pm

Miro looked a bit relieved as the man seemed to loosen up a bit. The traveling had taken a toll on the poor man. He slapped a few gold down and asked for drinks. Drinks? He was a bit thirsty, and the man seemed generous enough. He had stated he didn't trust him yet, but enough that he mentioned his name. "I myself don't a have preference for drinks, so would you be so kind as to choose for me, and i do appreciate the offer. So, Kakashi...quite and interesting name. This debt, who exactly do you owe, and what do you owe them? As I've said, I have no money. However, I do have some skills you may find useful. And if you are in need of a place to like, perhaps you could take residence in my home. Right now it's just me and my friend. It's not the greatest place but its big, and we can train and perhaps help you pay back your friend." Miro looked a bit flustered. He felt as if everything he was saying was wrong and he only seemed to get worse anticipating a response.
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Belaya Smert on August 21st, 2011, 9:37 pm

Belaya sat up quickly as soon as he heard Miro say Kakashi. Other than something about a residence, he heard nothing else besides the blood rushing through his head. When he saw the other's lips stop moving, Belaya bared his fangs and took a step forwards, grabbing Miro by the scruff of his shirt and pinning him against the wall.

"What did you call me? How dare you insult my companion's honour by calling me by his name! I am not worthy of the dirt he is buried in, let alone his name. My name is Belaya. Belaya Smert. You had better learn it well, if you wish to help me with my debt. For you now owe me a debt, for spitting on my Kakashi's grave. You want to know why I came here? Fine! I came here to kill one of the humans who had orchestrated his death. I am here to settle a blood debt, and my "friend" I wish to pay back with a sword in his gut."

Letting go, Belaya sat back down and spoke again, his voice cold and emotionless. "If you ever, ever speak that name again, you had better find a good place to hide. For I will kill you."
Last edited by Belaya Smert on August 21st, 2011, 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Belaya Smert
Player

Character sheet

Postby Miro on August 21st, 2011, 9:54 pm

Miro's eyes changed to orange as he was forced against his wall, this man was frightening enough alright. The surprise of his assault put him off guard. He did not mean any harm and he certainly did not want to cause a scene. His eyes started to turn a more crimson color then faded to a dead grey. "You should not go and attack those who might kill you..." Res started to from around his arm as he spoke. It slowly started to slide off his hand that lay loosely at his side in the shape of a long sharp blade. "If you aren't worth dirt then why should anybody bother with a piece of shyke like you then? I meant you no harm, and if uttering a name turns you against your allies that quickly then perhaps it's I who can't trust you." Concentrating, Miro transmuted the res into a strong ice. The entirety of his forearm was covered in a think ice that trailed nearly to the floor. The blade was sharp, but not so sharp that it wasn't sturdy. "I do not wish you any harm even still. You have shaken my confidence though. I will aid you and repay my debt to you...but I offer only shelter. If you decline my offer I will repay you by ending your pitiful existence. Come with me if you want to live."
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Belaya Smert on August 21st, 2011, 10:44 pm

Belaya forced himself to stay calm while looking Miro in the eye.More dangerous than he looks, I'll give him that.

"So, you would kill a man sitting down who has not drawn a weapon against you? Some would call that murder. I will come with you, but not out of fear of you. I do not fear death, only one before I have completed my revenge."

Getting up, he collected the gold mizas that were still on the table, unused, and walked to the door. Looking back, he asked, "Where is this place you live in?"
Belaya Smert
Player

Character sheet

Next