[The Wolf's Cave] A Familiar Face (Miro, Delanie, Kinneas)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Postby Belaya Smert on August 22nd, 2011, 11:49 pm

17th of Summer, 511 AV

Belaya lay back against the wall, whistling a jaunty tune about dead men calling and the betrayal of brothers. Miro sat to his left telling stories of his travels with Kinneas, while Kinneas sat across the table, still a little cross at Miro for sneaking a stranger into their house.

Seeing someone enter The Wolf's Cave in the corner of his eye, he turned his head to see who it was and stared like a dullard at who came in the door. No, it can't be. He said he didn't have any relatives, Belaya thought as he watched the girl walk into the commons area.

"Hey, Delanie, over here!"

Belaya shivered in terror as he looked at Miro, memories of the past coming to the fore as he then turned to the girl who was smiling as she walked to the table.
Belaya Smert
Player

Words: 19991
Joined roleplay: August 16th, 2011, 4:49 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

[The Wolf's Cave] A Familiar Face (Mori, Delanie, Kinneas)

Postby Miro on August 23rd, 2011, 2:12 am

Miro was just finishing up his story with Belaya when he saw a familiar sight. It was the spunky girl from the other day, Delanie. He called her over without thinking about it, turning back to Belaya he realized maybe thinking before acting might serve him once in a while. Belaya looked, was it scared? Did these two know each other? "We were just talking about you Delanie. Belaya here says he has noticed you around town and that you are just SO cute." Miro grinned and sat back to see how these two would respond to this statement. This chance encounter could prove entertaining.
Miro
Not quite Nuit, just a little undead.

Words: 1238727
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2011, 7:52 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Delanie Moon on August 23rd, 2011, 2:55 am

17th of Summer, 511 AV

Delanie walked into The Wolf's Cave with a hop in her step. Miro had told her he would be there, and she wouldnt be left out. As she walked in she heard someone call her name. Looking to her left Delanie saw Miro waving his arm obnoxiously, trying to get her attention. As she made her way over to where he was sitting she then noticed the two men seated beside him. The one she noticed first was the one with the scar on his left eye. It sparked something in the back of her mind but she pushed it aside. She had always liked scars, why did this one interest her so much?

Once she had gotten closer the smile she had previously been displaying for all to see vanished. Delanie noticed how terrified the boy looked. It seemed that he wouldnt meet her eyes. He tried to scoot as far away from her without actually doing it. This made her mad. "He is right to be afraid of me." but she didnt know if she fully beleived that.

As Miro made the goofy statement Delanie and Belaya finally looked at each other. Delanie sucked in thelast breath she thought she would ever take. She knew this boys face. She knew this scar that marred his face. That went over the left eye, eyes that were a shinny gold. She took a seat beside Miro, Not taking her eyes off the one who sat across from her.

"Im afraid to say I havent seen you around." Delanie looked at the other two, who seemed to be oblivious to what was happening around them. "You dont have any room to talk." There was that voice in the back of her head. Telling her what she needed to hear, which wasnt always what she wanted to hear. Once again she looked into those intense golden eyes, and wondered. What was it he knew that he wasnt letting her know. She would get it out of him. "Even if its the last thing I do"
Delanie Moon
Player

Words: 17806
Joined roleplay: August 16th, 2011, 5:39 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Kinneas on August 23rd, 2011, 7:05 am

Kinneas sat there with the two of them at the table. He was unimpressed by the place, but it seemed to fit others quite well…. Like that guy that Miro randomly brought to the house. Kinne was still shaking his head at that decision, but he thought he would give him a chance. It has just been Miro and him for far too long and he viewed this little incident as Miro reaching out for someone other than him. The thought made him slightly jealous, but he felt obligated to do what made Miro happy within reason. That was the only reason he was letting that weird stranger stay, because Miro seemed happy.

Nodding at the story he laughed a little as Miro finished up telling it. Miro always had a flare for dramatics and made things seems a little too flashy and just brilliant than they actually were. He was convinced that the kid could tell someone silver was gold and they would believe him after hearing the long explanation as to why it was so. He had a way with words and made things entertaining. It was a good start, and this little outing of theirs was enjoyable. That and now he could watch the newcomer and how he acted and reacted to things that would face him. In all truth Kinne was still on the fence about just letting him stay here. He had to keep reminding himself that it was worth it in the long run.

Kinne watched Miro as he waved some person over here… How many new friends does he have, but that also means that he has been talking to strangers and therefor dangerous people. He has known that Miro likes to sneak out, but he had no idea what the kid was doing. Perhaps that thought, a parents thought, was what scared him the most about letting Miro out of his sight. Sighing a little as the girl came over, this was going to be yet another person that he would have to watch. If any of them were to pose any sort of threat to his Miro then he would not hesitate on putting them down. Miro, in a way, was his child, and he loved him like one. Miro was…. Special to him and the only ‘family’ he had left. He felt obligated to protect and even baby him sometimes, which happened to be most of the time.

A polite smile would cross his face as the girl made her way over to the table, seemingly un-phased by Miros remark, of which Kinne shot him a glance to tell him not to lie. ”Well, miss,” he started, ”Miro and I are just moving back into the city. Haven’t been here a while yet so it is no surprise that you have not seen us.” He told her shifting his seat a little bit. Though it seems Miro knew her… Yes, he would have to keep an eye on her too.
Kinneas
Player

Words: 60886
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2011, 7:04 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Belaya Smert on August 23rd, 2011, 10:42 pm

Still shivering in fear, he tried to ignore her, but then Kinneas spoke to her, and he knew it was only a matter of time.

Working up the courage to look the girl in the eyes, Belaya looked up from her feet and drank in the brilliant green eyes staring back at him. It was like looking into a mirror that led to the past, and Belaya felt his fear flood away, to be replaced by protectiveness. "Your eyes. I knew someone else with those eyes." Staring intently, Belaya got up and touched her face gently with his left hand, brushing aside her hair from her face. When she flinched and put her hand on her tulwar, he said, "Don't worry. I won't hurt you. You have his eyes, Blood of Kakashi. I never thought to see their like again, after he died." Kneeling down, his eyes began to tear up and he looked down at the floor to hide it.

"Please forgive me! I do not know who you are, but his blood clearly runs in your veins as well. I was not able to protect him, despite being at his side always. I blame myself for his death. Allow me to serve you, in any way you see fit. It is the only way I can make up for his death."

He continued to kneel, awaiting her reply as deathly silence filled the room.
Belaya Smert
Player

Character sheet

Postby Miro on August 23rd, 2011, 11:49 pm

Miro watched Belaya show the entire room how pathetic he was. This man knew nothing of the word shame. It sickened Miro deeply. How dare he call himself a man! Delanie was great, of course. But it was not her beauty that made her amazing. Seeing him bow down and worship her so suddenly made him want to slam his foot into Belaya's grimaced face. "WILL YOU SHUT UP!?" Miro ran up and shoved him over with his foot. "You only talk about how you aren't worthy or a failure. Nobody wants to be around somebody who only thinks about what is lost. Shut the hell up and move past it! I will help you get revenge, but only so you can have some closure." Miro's eyes were aqua at this point, he glared down at the pathetic husk that once was a man. He couldn't help but scowl, he clenched his fists so hard that blood was dripping from his hands.
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Delanie Moon on August 24th, 2011, 12:35 am

Delanie was in utter shock. First this strange man sitting beside Miro, had looked her up and down like she was some serious threat. As if, she thought to herself. Then the boy with the strange golden eyes had stood up and actually touched her. Delanied sucked in a breathe, this was very new to her. Although his touch was soft and very gentle, like he thought he would hurt her, she reached for her tulwar anyway.

"Kakashi?"Delanie froze, her body as still as ice. Delanie knew they didnt hear her speak the dead boys name, she had barley spoken over a soft whisper. Delanie could feel her eyes getting dry as they lay open, huge and hurt. She watched with her hurt filled eyes as Miro kicked the boy out of his pain filled bow. She watched him scream at the boy, bringing all atention to their little group. Tears filled her eyes, but she was feeling something far from pain.

Delanie could see the little drops of blood dripping to ground from Miro's clenched fist. She understood his anger, but that wouldnt stop her. Delanie shoved him out of her way as she strode over to where the boy lay on the ground. She reached down and grabbed the boys neck. She wasnt trying to hurt him, just make a point. She couldnt hurt him anyway he small hand barley fit around the front of his neck. She noticed she wasnt squeezing either, just laying her hand lightly against his skin.

Delanie leaned down close to him and whispered in a voice only he could hear. "Do not ever speak that name to me again. I am no more related to that man. You may have known him as a good man, I assume at some point he was. But he is dead to me." Delanie remember something else. She sucked in a breath as he stomache did circles. She nearly broke into sobs. "Yes, I have my brothers eyes, we got that from our mother. A mother he killed." Delanie spat the last words out in vengence while sorrow filled her soul.
Delanie Moon
Player

Words: 17806
Joined roleplay: August 16th, 2011, 5:39 pm
Character sheet

Postby Kinneas on August 30th, 2011, 5:21 am

Kinneas watched the show go down. It seemed like this girl was more than met the eye, and so then must be trouble. Frowning a bit as he was ignored he sat further back in his seat to further observe what was going on. Miro seemed to know her, whoever she was, and so did that other guy and for whatever reason the city found it wise to bring them altogether. Sighing a bit wondering why he had even come to such a place he continued to watch in silence waiting for one of them to mess up; silently hoping it would be the new guy that Miro dragged on home with him. He mentally dared the man to lay even a threatening hand on the boy.

After the dramatic show that the new guy put on all Kinneas could do was laugh. How could such a person just come up another and do… that. It seemed silly, and very stupid. Could this man control himself in the public eye? From what he has seen the answer was likely no. He was an animal, someone who was uncivilized and knew no restraints when it would come to manners or politeness. This person, this man, he was eyeing Belaya was exactly the kind of person that Kinne did not was Miro to hang out with. Pathetic was a word that came in mind if he had to describe him. Why did Miro always drag strays in? It would be different if it was an animal, something that they could take care of and form a lasting bond with, but this man… HE did not qualify. A person was a person not an animal. Though there was some falsehood to that statement he grew tired of thinking about it and was snapped from his thoughts by Miros yelling. Things were going to get interesting.

Seeing Miro shove the guy over with his foot brought a smile to his face, not because of the lesson that Miro was trying to teach him, but because the act itself brought him joy; seeing the man pushed to the ground… Just like a dog. Kinneas let that thought sink in and the smile grow wider on his face as he continued to watch.

Noticing the blood coming from Miros hands he stood up and walked over to the boy and grabbed his wrist to bring it up and look closer at the damage the kid had done to himself. ”Miro, please,” he started placing his free hand on his shoulder, ”Calm down.” he would say, tell him, but it was more of an order. His gaze looking over to the shoved man he watched as the lady who failed to acknowledge him at all ran to his side. Was she going to do his job for him? He smiled at the thought of the guy getting his butt handed to him by the gal.

Dropping Miros wrist he looked down, his eyes full of judgment, ”Miro is right, you are pathetic.” He said trying to find any excuse at all to make him look bad. Wasn’t the fact that he made Miro hurt himself enough? Yes, it was plenty, but he was going to wait for something more, something that he could strike down. Looking around the people, if you could call them that, were watching the three rather carefully their gazes could be felt even though not seen.

That girl was rather winy herself...
Kinneas
Player

Words: 60886
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2011, 7:04 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Belaya Smert on August 30th, 2011, 9:49 pm

At those words, Belaya's face turned as hard as stone. A mother he killed... No. No he couldn't have. He was my friend. He wouldn't have done anything so evil... would he have? Belaya remembered back to everything Kakashi had taught him. The weak points in a suit of armor. The best way to dispatch a foe silently, without raising the alarm. How could he have been so blind? If Kakashi had lied to him about his history, what else had he lied about? Had he really been healed by Kakashi, or did-

Suddenly a memory came back to him, of a girl crying as he lay by a fireplace healing from wounds. A girl with green eyes. Kakashi said it was he that helped me heal. The weight of how wrong he had been felt as if a huge stone had been put on his chest. His face carved of granite into a scowl, he looked at Delanie. His face may have been a scowl, but he hoped she could see the apology in his eyes. Looking towards Miro, he saw that Kinneas had gotten up and was looking at him with something akin to a haughty superiority. Then what Kinneas was saying struck him like a hammerblow, though he didn't show it save for restraining his right hand from going for the sword.

"So, you think I'm pathetic, do you? Well, I find that smug, superior look on your face to be far more pathetic. Perhaps you would feel the same way I do now if Miro were to die by your own hands, betrayal in his eyes. Then you find out that Miro had been lying to you the whole time you had known him. That you had been living a lie until Miro had died. Think on it. Miro dying, your hands around his throat, his innocent looking eyes harboring dark secrets as he gasps out 'Why?' before dying."

Turning his back on both Kinneas and Miro, he walked by Delanie, who was still there, looking on the verge of tears, and whispered in her ear, "My blade is yours to command, if you need it. I owe you that much," before walking out of the Wolf's Cave.
Belaya Smert
Player

Character sheet

Postby Miro on August 31st, 2011, 1:21 am

Miro was still angry at seeing such a pathetic sight, but having Kinneas comfort him helped slightly. Watching Delanie attack him made him slightly happy. Kinneas looked none to pleased himself. It seemed everybody was sick of this situation that had started. Miro, deep down felt responsible. Everything seemed to diffuse, people were settling down. Belaya blabbered some nonsense to Delanie and Kinneas, then stormed out. Without realizing it, in his anger Miro had began to emit res from his arms. The liquid dripped down to the floor and mixed with the blood that trickled from his wound. Miro did not want Belaya to leave after turning everybody's mood sour. He focused his djed into his hands, and began to emit a greater amount of liquid res. Motioning his hand outward, both the res from his hands, and the pool on the floor, blood included headed for Belaya. He aimed for his legs, he did not want to hurt him, only stop him from leaving. The res wrapped around his legs, binding them together. Once it had secured itself firmly around his legs he transmuted it to ice, tripping Belaya.

"We aren't done with you yet, ya hear! You can't just make a big scene and walk away ignoring us. You live in our house and you don't act like that. I have had my fair share of idiotic displays, but this by far tops all of them." Miro ran up behind the man who was on the floor and punched his hands together. He reached down and grabbed him by the back of the shirt. He forced the Flux into his arm, the djed flowed through his arms giving him all the strength he needed. He threw Belaya hard enough that he may hurt him. "Now, we will talk about exactly what happened to this Kakashi, and we can work together to settle this matter for good." Miro started to produce a heavy amount of this res all over his body in case his actions caused a retaliation. He stood resolute blocking the exit. There was no chance that Belaya was leaving here, at least not in one piece.
Last edited by Miro on August 31st, 2011, 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next