[Flashback] Doctor Doctor, Please [Reaver]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Whisper on August 30th, 2011, 1:17 am

Did he know her mother was an Inarta? It probably was not very hard for anyone to guess at that and it probably was not hard to guess she had Inarta in her as well since she favored her mother very much in appearance. His comment about birds of beauty struck a chord in her though, fore she had had a great fascination with birds, and she thought on why he would say something like that. Her mother told her many stories of birds and she especially elaborated about the Wind Eagles. Something always was hidden in her mother's words when she told of them though, almost like sadness beneath every tale, but she never could know for sure since her mother was so good at hiding herself. But if Whisper could have come up with a question to regard Reaver's statement of the birds, she would have asked it, but she didn't.

"I wouldn't know which bird to pick though!" she said and giggled a little. "Maybe green and purple..." she said and thought of herself in that color armor. A silly picture, but a really cool one in the mind of a twelve year old.

So now she had but two questions left? She only had simple questions that she wouldn't think to have anything but simple answers, but she had to start somewhere to be able to ask any deeper questions and they more than likely wouldn't go very deep for their first extended conversation. "How old are you, Mr. Reaver? And don't lie! Only old people lie about their age!" she said and giggled again.

OOCI just realized something! I'm glad you didn't say Whisper because at this point in time my character doesn't have that name! Reaver would be calling her Adara, her real name! xD
"Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved."
-Helen Keller
Whisper
The Lady with the Falcon

Words: 45631
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2011, 4:18 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Reaver on August 30th, 2011, 4:59 am

Reaver imagined the girl with her green and purple armors... it didn't seam right. "Maybe not metal armor, leather? Or maybe just robes, or one of those dresses the dancers wear. Feathers perhaps? I suppose I owe myself a question there." He preferred the image of a dancer's dress much better, though it lead to a stray thought of what she would look like when she was older... and then to what her mother would look like wearing one, as they would look very similar. As his thoughts began to stray away, a question brought him back.

"How old are you, Mr. Reaver? And don't lie! Only old people lie about their age!" A childish presence was suddenly clear in his voice. "Oh, it's a secret. I won't lie, but only if you keep it a secret, yes?" He knelt down once again, and drew his cloak about, like some sort of poisoned weapon or drug dealer. His voice dropped to a whisper, the childish overtone being combined with a sinister undertone. "I am very, VERY old. Older then your grandmother, I promise. Are you sure you want to know? You might need to start owing me questions."

OOCPart Inarta, really? I didn't even look. I guess Reaver get's lucky sometimes. :P
Reaver's CS (Voice: #3355FF Thoughts: #000AAA Hidden: #3D2828)
Reaver
Student Teacher

Words: 212925
Joined roleplay: February 1st, 2011, 1:51 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Whisper on August 31st, 2011, 4:04 am

Whisper beamed a smile at his suggestions and a dancer's outfit fascinated her more than the oddly colored armor. "A dancer's dress for sure!" she said, the childish aura almost visibly rolling off of her. She pictured herself a little older and in a flowing purple and green dress with a bare mid-drift, decorated with feathers to match the colors of the cloth. That was a magnificent dress in her mind and something that she put to memory to get in the future.

"I can keep a secret! I promise! I won't tell anyone." she said, but she didn't talk to anyone besides her mother for extended periods of time to even bring up the subject of Reaver's age. She liked to hold secrets though because they were useful, they were always interesting, and, as she would learn later in life, they could be sold.
"Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved."
-Helen Keller
Whisper
The Lady with the Falcon

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Reaver on August 31st, 2011, 4:30 am

Reaver grinned, he knew it was a bad idea to share such a secret, but he felt like having a friend today, even a small one. He drew his cloak around, like raising a wall to hide them on one side. He whispered carefully, so it may have been a touch hard to hear from behind his mask. "It is the year 498, but I was born before that. I have memories of a world before this one. I've lived here... a very long time. I'll be here longer then you, if things go well." His eyes stopped staring into hers. "I think that puts me older than... your great, great grandmother." Reaver stood, lowering the cloak back to over his arm. "Well, any more questions like that and we might need to chat inside. It's... a bit smelly in there." Perhaps the proposed change of setting would distract her from any hard questions like that. ...like HOW.
Reaver
Student Teacher

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Whisper on August 31st, 2011, 11:35 pm

She giggled at his playfulness and she leaned close to play along and mainly to hear his whispering. "It is the year 498, but I was born before that. I have memories of a world before this one." Her playful, child expression washed away and she realized she had heard that before. She had heard that phrase before. It was when her mother told her stories of the Inarta people, infrequent as that was, and how they came to be in this world. But before she turned it over in her head a few times, she did as any young child would do, and she blurted her curiosities out after he finished talking. "Before the Valterrian?" she asked, the word sounding foreign coming from her mouth.

OOCAfter I had that thought up, I could not add anything to it, so I hope you don't mind the shortness~ ^^
-Helen Keller
Whisper
The Lady with the Falcon

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Reaver on September 1st, 2011, 7:05 am

"Before the Valterrian?" "You catch on quick, yes. I learned some fun things before everyone was afraid of them. Oops, I didn't say that. Ignore that comment." He, of course, meant to say it. It was an easy way to prompt a question from her, and maybe as a preparation to make magic a touch less frightening to one little girl. It was a gamble, however, teaching people he was two kinds of monster was never a fun risk. All for teaching the world as it should be, rather then what it is. And that, is very important. Reaver concluded to himself.
Reaver
Student Teacher

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Whisper on September 3rd, 2011, 9:56 pm

"Oh come on! Tell me!" she said in childish curiosity. Reaver could probably know how much he had peaked her interest but couldn't possibly guess exactly how far she'd go to figure him out. Her thoughts flew around in a furious tornado in her mind. He is over five-hundred years old! How is that even possible? Maybe he is some kind of demigod that just liked Ravok and stayed around or maybe he is some helper of Rhysol. The later possibility didn't thrill her, but she didn't think this man was affiliated with Rhysol even though she didn't know much about him. She wanted to ask so much, but she knew she only had one more question left and she didn't know what to do with it.
-Helen Keller
Whisper
The Lady with the Falcon

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Reaver on September 4th, 2011, 12:36 am

"You know, I don't think I mentioned the rules of this game. It's not a limit, but a scale. I try and reduce the number to zero. You could always ask a whole bunch, and make it a lot harder for me to do that. Everyone plays the game different, after all. You just look so, exasperated. I don't want you to feel limited to those questions. I just want you to be as honest when I ask my questions in return."

There it was, the trap explained. A little girl would be rather unlikely to see it. Reaver can get all sorts of honest answers out of someone without actually being all that honest. The real count was way off, her honesty was very shallow, and Reaver needed to keep that in mind. But, it was a learning experience. Perhaps it was his beginner level or something. What child could limit themselves to one question, after all?

"I have plenty of answers left in me. I wonder how many good answers you have."
Reaver
Student Teacher

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Whisper on September 4th, 2011, 3:31 pm

Whisper scowled childishly for a moment and looked up him with a slight pout. "Fine. I'll ask a question." She had actually caught onto the game very well because she had played it a lot before and she was trying to ask a few questions as possible but still getting answers from him. She was... a little scared to answer questions so she was trying to avoid that, but now she saw she couldn't.

"What were you talking about? The things you learned. I promise I won't tell anyone if anything you tell me is secret!" The sentence could've easily been finished with a 'I'm just curious is all!', but no one would say that. It was simply a redundant statement since it was so obvious in her pale green eyes. There was no way to tell if her curiosity stemmed from him just being an unusual character or that it stemmed from her wanting a friend; or both for that matter.

OOCAnd my count is not off! >:o
-Helen Keller
Whisper
The Lady with the Falcon

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Reaver on September 5th, 2011, 7:05 am

Reaver gave her a quick once-over, scanning for something. "Hmm, I suppose you're right. Promise first not to be afraid, as you already promised to keep secrets. Oh, that was one secret." He paused to wait for her to comment. He opened the door once again. "Well, a good girl keeps all her secrets. Especially in this city. I'll show you my little secret. Come inside, I'm sure you can handle more secrets. I'm trusting you."

Reaver would lead her inside, should she choose to follow. He would close the door behind them. The lighting through the cracks in the ceiling and walls would leave the room looking more like a horror story then a home, or doctor's office for that matter. The dark circles on the floor still present, with a book inside one of them, still left open. The coffen sitting in the corner had a chest set upon it, with a bookshelf above that. There were very few books on it, all handwritten. On the other side, was a rather simple chair.

"Do you know how to read? An important question. Even if you cannot read, I'm sure you know some numbers." He walked past the book, and knelt down. He flipped some pages about, and left it open somewhere around the middle. "If it works, it'll be plenty fun. If not, I'll just try something new. Pick a number, less then... let's say two-hundred. More then three, that would be no fun."

With no real explanation, he left the offer open. Should she not pick a number after a minute, (ignoring the possibility of more questions,) Reaver would say simply, "One-hundred." Given her voice or Reaver's, the book would flip suddenly to it's first page, and close itself. "Ah, I guess I forgot about the cover." Opening the cover, he would ask her to try again. The second time, it would jump, then flip pages wildly, stopping on the page that matched the number she said. On the page would be strange medical notes, most of which probably weren't legible. "That's better. It's a very special secret."

OOC 1A lot of presumed actions in here, if I need to change anything, or if you did have other questions to ask, PM me and I'll make changes accordingly. I'm going to assume I did something wrong, as I'm overstepping my bounds a bit on this one. OOC 2As far as your count, you're only right in the basic version. :P Important questions weigh more. Reaver is a fan of changing the rules, you see. On the plus side, he did ask another question of his own.
Reaver
Student Teacher

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

PreviousNext