[Flashback] Doctor Doctor, Please [Reaver]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Whisper on August 23rd, 2011, 3:15 pm

OOCSorry, I've had this song in my head to whole time posting this. Just bear with me. xD

"Doctor doctor, please
Oh, the mess I'm in
Doctor doctor, please,
oh the mess I'm in
She walked up to me
and really stole my heart
And then she started
to take my body apart

*Livin', lovin', I'm on the run
Far away from you
Livin', lovin', I'm on the run
So far away from you

Doctor doctor, please
Oh, I'm goin' fast
Doctor doctor, please,
oh, I'm goin' fast
It's only just a moment,
she's turnin' paranoid
That's not a situation for a nervous boy"

12th of Spring, 498 AV

She had to know, she simply had to. That man that tended to people's wounds in the boat house. Something about him was different. She wasn't thinking about the weird blue armor, the mask he wears, or his outrageous blue hair which all would set him apart from normal people. No, there was something different about him and her curiosity kept her constantly wondering about the man. She only saw him a couple of times and it was for small things or something for her mother. Her mother seemed to like him, but she herself didn't know what to make of him. He looked like a super hero to her or an adventurer that just looked really cool with his blue armor that she marveled at the few times she had seen it. There just had to be more to that man than the simple doctor image he gave everyone.

The child gripped the inconvenience on her elbow which very slowly turned her fingers red. She would never cause herself serious harm in any case, she just didn't have the nerve at the age of twelve, but she would much later in the future. Her mother probably could've patched it up easily and within a few seconds, but as soon as she did so she told her mother that she was going to see Reaver.

Now her mother asked why, but her daughter was already gone down the canal. She worried about the girl of course, but Reaver's was only a short way away and she was sure Whisper was probably already there by the time she shut the door and went back to what she was doing. She trusted Reaver enough to know he knew she would kill him if he tried to harm Whisper and being the poisoner she was, she would do it slowly. She shook her head and smiled a little when she thought about how much her brash daughter was like herself.

The long, red hair gradually stopped bouncing on her shoulders the closer she got to Reaver's door. The anxious and excited feelings about coming to talk to the doctor started to fade and become replaced with nervousness and second thoughts. But she wasn't about to back down and go back home because her fear didn't control her... most of the time. She was twelve, she didn't know what people could do to her besides harm her and she knew if they did, her mother would hurt them back and more. The cautious mind and rational thoughts still haven’t fully developed yet so there she was knocking on his door.

OOCI assumed his house was on the water since it was a boat? Tell me if I'm wrong.
Last edited by Whisper on August 27th, 2011, 6:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved."
-Helen Keller
Whisper
The Lady with the Falcon

Words: 45631
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2011, 4:18 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Doctor Doctor, please

Postby Reaver on August 23rd, 2011, 9:04 pm

-= 11th of Spring, 498 AV =-

- Afternoon -

It... was a long day. This, 'important' patient came. He dragged on and on about how important he was, and how critical he got himself the best. ...And how angry he was to be here instead. If he was so important, why was he poisoned with such a simple poison? All his talking was just making it worse. "You need bed-rest, not a miracle salve." "I can afford the good stuff, I'm an important person." Reaver sighed again, there he goes spreading it once again. I suppose it was the perfect poison for him. Reaver rummaged through his things a moment, to give himself time to think. He picked up an empty bottle. "I'll be back with your cure, just wait here." He opened the door, and shot a glare back as he left one more warning. "No talking." Slamming the door behind him, he walked a bit away. He sighed, knowing full well he couldn't do a thing for the man. Even if he could, he recognized the poison, and he didn't want to make her less comfortable. That man is annoying anyway, I'll bet the city moves on without his 'important' business. He filled the bottle with water from the river. It stank, it upset the stomach, and it left a burning sensation at times. Just like real medicine. He brought it back in, and handed it to the man without a word. He looked to be in agony, even before he drank it down. "Gah, it tastes like lake-water! What is this crap?" "Good medicine always has drawbacks." He continued to complain. It worked it's magic fairly quick, and he didn't go quietly. When it was done, he decided the body would be a waste to throw out. He locked him in his chest, the coffin he had the man laying upon. A present to himself, for a rainy day.

- Night -

Reaver decided that he needed to study, but not medicine tonight. He looked to his coffin, and sighed as propped himself up against it. With plenty of effort, he pushed it. It slowly made it's way back against the wall. He pulled out his pen and ink, and drew his magic circles once again onto the floor, reinforcing the lines he had drawn there so many times. It was a calm night, tonight. The waves wouldn't interrupt and ruin his circle tonight. He looked around, and decided his medical notes would be a fine place to start. The medical notes were placed firmly into one side, and himself on the opposing one. He focused, and made something fun.

The directive was simple, When you hear a number while open, turn to the first page, turn that number of pages. He taught it how to tell when it was opened. He taught it what pages were, and (mentally-speaking) how to turn to the first page. He taught the book numbers, and how to count to three-hundred, quickly. It will count from it's first page, and continue from there. He knew it would need to redo that count every time. Perhaps it would let him add pages, though he hoped three-hundred would be enough. He taught the book how to stop on a certain number in the sequence. He then moved to the astral body. He set the cover, so it could tell when it was open or closed. He set all the pages, and found he only had two-hundred and thirty seven pages. He shrugged, it shouldn't matter. He then moved to the outside cover. He hoped his leather-bound book's leather binding would work as ears, and so he taught it how to hear. He also taught it the sounds of each of the numbers as well... a time-consuming process. He taught it to turn to it's first page, that was quick. He taught it to turn pages, but he put effort into it. He taught it how to start off, how to turn all the pages in the middle, and how to end on a certain page. That took a while as well. He looked to his wall, light was cracking through the walls. He got up, walked to his book and picked it up, it appeared the day had been passing him by.

-= 12th of Spring, 498 AV =-

- Morning -

Reaver set his book onto the coffin. As he did so, he heard something. He listened, a knocking could be heard from his door. Great, perhaps they are here for the 'important' man? I should have thrown out the body I suppose. He regretfully moved to the door, and with a grunt slid it open a crack. He looked out, and didn't see anyone. He looked down, and a familiar set of eyes was peering back at him. "Oh, welcome." He slid the door open. He bowed, as over-the-top as he always does. "I was thinking about your mother yesterday. Did you remember seeing an annoying man who talks too much recently?" He stood and stepped outside. Perhaps the smell of death on the docks was common, but it was normally fish. He decided it would be better to take the conversation outside, rather then inside. Kneeling down, he decided to find out why she was here. "And before I forget, what brings you here today?" He looked to her elbow, it was being held tightly, making her lower-arm somewhat pale.
OOCI always wondered how Reaver managed to get business as a Doctor. XD I suppose he works with poisons more then I thought.
Reaver's CS (Voice: #3355FF Thoughts: #000AAA Hidden: #3D2828)
Reaver
Student Teacher

Words: 212925
Joined roleplay: February 1st, 2011, 1:51 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Doctor Doctor, Please

Postby Whisper on August 23rd, 2011, 11:54 pm

"A lot of men are annoying and talk too much, Mr. Reaver." she replied and shot him a childish smile. She was so much like her mother it was almost funny. She had a playful wit, still very underdeveloped, but it would come up with something cute sometimes. The sight of the man she was so curious about nearly drove out the reason she was here out of her mind and she had to trace back to remember her excuse. Even the comment about her mother passed through her mind without second thought at his appearance.

"I was playing with some of the other kids and a boy pushed me to the ground, but I landed on my elbow really hard and on a loose rock. I wanted to see if anything broke and you are the doctor so I knew you'd know..." she said as she let go of her left elbow. "But I think I broke his nose after I got back up." she added with a smile.

The story wasn't a lie, but it wasn't the whole truth since she goaded to boy into a scuffle and he just had the first hit. She knew if she didn't hit first, she'd get get a very minor injury but it would be enough of an excuse to see Reaver. In truth it still wasn't a good excuse and the story she gave almost seemed rehearsed. It was also an excuse to punch that boy she didn't like right in the nose.

OOCThe poisons thing could explain a connection between Reaver and her mother since she is a tier 3 poisoner. My little made up NPC but whatever. xD
"Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved."
-Helen Keller
Whisper
The Lady with the Falcon

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Doctor Doctor, Please

Postby Reaver on August 24th, 2011, 3:00 am

He listened to her story with some interest, she was... a bit more violent then he remembered. "Oh, boys can be rough. Girls to, from the looks of it. I'm sure the Voice was on your side this time, yes? I don't remember seeing the boy by my place, so maybe he died and didn't make it. Maybe I'll need to find him and bury him proper." He was joking, but his voice carried the emotionless monotone it tended to, making it hard to tell. "I didn't expect to see you alone here, isn't it dangerous for people to travel alone in this city? I don't find injured people with their friends. Did you dash away from your mother like she was a monster or something?"

The answer didn't change much, she took the trouble of making her way here, and repeat business was hard to find... even if she wasn't very likely to pay. "So, let's have a look here." He took her elbow to get a better look at it, she squirmed a bit at his uncomfortable hold... or maybe the cold. "Well, I don't see any damage here on the outside." As he said that, he made an attempt to twirl her around to look for any external damage other then her scrapes. Not finding any, he moved her arm around like a puppeteer, examining her face more then her arm. There were some light squirms of pain to look to. "Hmm... I think you'll be fine. Just to be sure, one more check." He frowned, taking off his gauntlet. His hand would be colder then the gauntlet. Maybe she wouldn't know what that meant, but if she mentioned it to her mother it could be trouble. "Sorry my hands are cold, I've been swimming a bit lately." Hopefully, the tales of a child wouldn't set off any alarms. He gripped her arm in various places, checking to see if the bones moved or lay out of place. Content that they were fine, he put the gauntlet back on.

"You'll be fine, but I'll wrap it up a bit to be sure. I don't recommend fighting with the boys. Someday they'll just get a whole lot stronger. I wouldn't want a bad habit to cause you any trouble." He took a little gauze from the pouch on his side, and wrapped up the elbow a bit. It wasn't enough to really do anything, but a happy mind heals faster. It might hinder movement a touch, though. Moving too much would undo it anyway.

There was just one thing left. One little detail that was bothering him. He decided it would be best to ask, to ease on the nagging curiosity that was bothering him. "So, why didn't you have your mother look at this first?" Her mother could have sent her, as a precaution, but wouldn't there be evidence of some form of treatment? He was taking a guess, but he thought it was a fair one. Her former comment on the matter may also have contributed to this curiosity.

OOCAny changes need made, or if it's just too long to be accurate, feel free to PM me and I'll adjust. Rayage and I got this habit of running multiple conversations at once this way. >_< Speaking of songs stuck in your head. Doctor Doctor, have mercy on me. I think your cure, is worse then your disease!
Reaver
Student Teacher

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Doctor Doctor, Please

Postby Whisper on August 24th, 2011, 1:34 pm

Whisper smiled at his joking around, seeing them for what he meant it as and not what they were. "No... He isn't dead. And he wouldn't come here; he's one of those snooty kids with too much money." she said, not thinking that she might have insulted Reaver with the statement. She really did hate people that had an inflated view of themselves and it was fun to have to chance to knock them down a peg or two.

She didn't know if she should believe his reason at being cold because he was really cold! The water was never that cold in the lake, but she had no other conclusions to go to other than the one he provided so she let the thought slip. But the real reason she was squirming a little was from her story being poked and prodded at with dissecting tools. Of course the story was a little off since she wasn't very aggressive, but she didn't like to be picked on at all and she would actually break someone's nose if they picked on her repeatedly. Did the excuse matter now? He was here and talking to her and like any other curious child, she had questions.

"I'll get stronger too! And I'll break his nose ten years from now too!" she said and barely held back laughter. "And uh.... she was busy with a poison! And I didn't want to interrupt her, it looked really strong." She only half-lied since her mother had indeed been making a poison, but she knew without a doubt her mother would stop and tend to her.

She usually was brash only in her actions, not her words which held a bit of shyness to them when she was serious. "Can I ask you something, Mr. Reaver?" she asked quietly and looked up to him to find his eyes. Everything about him was a question and she wanted to know, but if he permitted her this question, she did not know what to ask first!

OOCTis fine. That just means a lot of stuff happens a little sooner but your post was fine since you had a bit to do there. :) I normally keep it down to at most two or three conversations per post because someone may react a certain way to something that was first which wouldn't allow for further conversation. But when two characters get to know each other a lot better, I can see them saying things so that wouldn't be a problem. :D
-Helen Keller
Whisper
The Lady with the Falcon

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Doctor Doctor, Please

Postby Reaver on August 25th, 2011, 12:04 pm

"he's one of those snooty kids with too much money." Reaver chuckled, it was indeed rare for him to wind up with those patients. Those are my favorite. I can charge them extra for less service. Reaver concluded to himself. He nodded back to her.

"I'll get stronger too!" Another smile on Reaver's face, youth had it easy, but then again so did he at times. "And uh.... she was busy with a poison! And I didn't want to interrupt her, it looked really strong." His smile vanished again, but there wasn't a frown. It went back to it's dull emotionless form. "I think you're important enough to interrupt a poison. I wouldn't want you worrying her."

"Can I ask you something, Mr. Reaver?" Reaver tilted his head slightly to the side. Suddenly, all that energy was gone? "Must be important. You can always ask me questions, even silly ones. I just won't answer sometimes, like when I'm sleeping." Reaver's eyes showed a glint of interest. Questions were one of his favorite things, because they were so closely tied to learning... also a favorite.
Last edited by Reaver on August 26th, 2011, 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reaver
Student Teacher

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Doctor Doctor, Please

Postby Whisper on August 26th, 2011, 1:12 am

Whisper shrunk back a little at him catching her excuse and she decided to not continue that part of the conversation. She knew it ultimately led to her not getting her question answered or even a talk. She looked at his mask and all the way down to his feet, not knowing what to ask, but his answer brought her smile back. She decided on the one thing that always kept her curious first and foremost, though the answer would possibly raise three more questions to replace it.

"Why do you wear that mask?" she said simply and looked up at him with a slight tilt to the side. Her hair laid neatly around her face which seemed to promise to be a very pretty face when she was older, but for now it was only a cute little girl's face. She hoped he wouldn't get mad at her for asking about it, fearing that it may be a sensitive subject about something personal. Maybe his face was burned in some horrible accident or a bad guy melted it with acid or maybe he wasn't human at all and hid it that way! Each possibility, in her mind, came out to be something interesting or there was a "cool" story behind it. None-the-less, she asked her question and didn't expect to be able to ask anything afterwards, though she really hoped a story would come out of it.
-Helen Keller
Whisper
The Lady with the Falcon

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Doctor Doctor, Please

Postby Reaver on August 26th, 2011, 12:13 pm

Reaver looked to her curious face... he knew that was the kind that had a habit of vanishing around here. He contemplated if his answer could veil a warning in it. "I think everyone has a mask they wear, and secrets they hide. I wear a mask because it helps people know who I am. People are quick to judge someone by how they look, so I want them to judge my mask rather then my face. That sounds like a good answer, yes? Way better then it helps keep me from getting sick. It does, I just like my first answer."

Reaver paused a moment, recalling the conversation thus far. "I think I owe you three more before we're caught up. Anything else you'd like to ask? With enough questions, I may owe you a few. Ah, make that four questions." Everything was more fun as a game, and this one was a favorite.
Reaver
Student Teacher

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Whisper on August 27th, 2011, 7:23 pm

She nodded but shrugged at his answer, it satisfied her enough though she only took it for what she saw it and that was only an answer to her question. She was still rather curious about what he looked like under it, but she wasn’t about to pressure him into something like that.

Whisper's face brightened and she smiled, knowing the game he wanted to play well and it was a game she enjoyed. Even though she didn't quite answer everything he asked before, she wasn't about to give up four questions about this man.

"Why is your armor blue? It's really cool..." she added and looked over it. She had never even heard of colored armor before until she saw Reaver. She was saving the better questions for later.

OOCSorry for the crappy reply xP
-Helen Keller
Whisper
The Lady with the Falcon

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Reaver on August 28th, 2011, 3:56 am

"My armor is blue because I like the color blue. If you wore armor, I think you would color it too, though I know not which color. I imagine the color of a bird, one of beauty." Reaver stopped to wonder how many birds of beauty a little girl could have seen. He could hardly remember what the local birds looked like, as they avoided his house. He contemplated what sort of comment he could make that would trick her into answering questions he wanted to ask, without him needing to. "A curious wonder indeed..."

oocNot everything can be a winner. Look at this post. XD
Reaver
Student Teacher

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Next