[The Wolf's Cave] Hunting Hunters (Belaya)

A little pycon goes searching for a kelvic to manipulate. How will this wolf kelvic fair at the attempt?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Postby Zlakalia on August 28th, 2011, 11:13 pm

16th of Summer, 511AV
The air smelt foul. Like the filth of wild animals. Zlakalia scowled, her face deformed in disgust for a moment as she approached the stone cavern. She had a hell of a time finding this place, the city toyed with her for hours of wondering, before she finally stood before this hellhole. It was already getting darker, but she had left late. She hoped whomever she found had a heavier tongue, big people and their liquor. Zlakalia wrapped her cloak tighter and walked into the tavern.

Zlakalia's eyes were adjusting to the bright light of the burning hearth, the room hot with sweat and breath of the inhabitants. Drunken people mixed in with animals, the ratio of the two seeming to be even though it often changed. However there was an abundance of wolves, wolves everywhere. Zlakalia moved through the tavern, heading towards on of the 'tables' that stood throughout. 'Tables? Ha! This rock pile hardly counts as a tavern!'

Zlakalia peered around the room, eying up each pup and beast she saw. 'Too fat.' 'That one probably couldn't find its own tail.' 'Ugly white color.' She was getting more annoyed. Would none of these creatures be what she was looking for? Zlakalia wanted to hurt something, just unstrap her knife and stab the closest furry thin she could find. But she kept her composure, didn't let her anger control her. Yet.

Zlakalia stood before one of the bar stools, looking back over the crowd. her presence hadn't attracted much attention, the cloak and small size tended to make her unnoticed. She wondered if these creatures thought her one of them, an animal rather than a real person. Zlakalia reached up the bar stool, uncoiling her mass like a snake to stretch up the side. Her hands and hair grabbed hold to the fur on top and hoisted herself up, her bottom half snapping up similar to a pulled spring.

Standing on the stone now, Zlakalia used her new-found vantage point to view the bar participants she had missed on the walk in. She looked at each one, but her mind kept wandering to her knife, thinking abut cutting them. 'Too stupid looking. That one looks bloated...' Her curiosity was stricken: 'Do these kelvics bleed like humans or rats?' The difference was nearly negligible but for the rate their heart pumped, the strength of their veins. Humans always had the nicest splatter.

Zlakalia wanted to yell at herself. Now was not the time for this. 'I think that one's pregnant, no use at all. And that one's nose is funny and probably doesn't even work!' Zlakalia nearly screamed, her frustration mounting. Maybe she'd find one that she needed soon.
Last edited by Zlakalia on October 10th, 2011, 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zlakalia
The Psycho Pycon

Words: 69462
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2011, 7:48 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Belaya Smert on August 29th, 2011, 4:02 pm

Still a bit tired from his first adventure walking the city when he arrived, Belaya was glad that this morning the city had seen fit to put the Wolf's Cave right outside Mori's house. Walking across the street and into the place, he noticed that there were more wolves in here than yesterday. Wolf kelvics, he figured from the scent he was getting from them, but he should have expected that from the name of the establishment. Looking around, he saw that all of the bar stools were filled except for one, which had what appeared to be a clay doll on it. He walked up to the stool and was about to sweep the clay doll off the seat when he heard a squeaky voice come from the stool.

"What the petch? You're a talking doll! And my nose does too work! For all the bloody good that does me when the place smells the same everyday. Now who are you and what are you doing in my seat?
Belaya Smert
Player

Words: 19991
Joined roleplay: August 16th, 2011, 4:49 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Zlakalia on August 31st, 2011, 3:40 pm

oocI tried to put the thread more in the evening than the morning. I thought I mentioned it in the first thread. If that doesn’t work for you, let me know.
Zlakalia was startled by the young man, who came up aggressively and howled his words off at her. Her brain worked quick, letting his words echo through her head before the meaning became apparent. ‘Gods be damned, I guess I had been thinking aloud…’ she thought, glancing at the guy who disturbed her thoughts. He also must have a clearer view of her than she thought, many would not know a clay doll by the sight of her cloak. ’Ah well…’

Your seat, little fellow?” Zlakalia eyed the man up and down, comparing him to the others. He was not the one she had said had a funny nose, in fact his nose was perfectly average. His hair was wild, flowing every which way off his head, hinting at the truth behind his mass. ’He has to be one of these animals…’ He looked thin, possibly malnourished. “Are your claw marks upon it? Your fangs implanted in it?” She shifted herself smoothly, twisting just her upper half towards him. Her eyes took an new fury, her djed moved through her and fluctuated with her mental concept. Fear emanated out of her then, the emotion from her hypnotism making her look scarier the more she stared at the pup. “Back down, this chair is mine.

That’s when the thought hit her. Maybe this man was more impressive than he originally looked. After all, he knew her to be a pycon when few others would have the sense. Maybe this was the hunter she was looking for! She faltered, dropping the aura of fear she had just began to cultivate. Zlakalia looked back around the room. The rest of these kelvics were useless for the task she was looking for. Maybe he would be able to help her. Zlakalia grimaced at the thought, but knew it to be true.

With a sigh, Zlakalia hopped up onto the tabletop. As she moved to the center, Zlakalia said, “Take your seat then. In fact, you’re just the kind of person I was looking for. Here, I’ll buy you a drink.” Zlakalia reached back, pulling a coin from the large pouch tied to her side under the cloak. She could never carry many coins, but never really needed to. She slid the gold miza back across the table, where it rested on the edge of the stone surface. Then Zlakalia sat in the center of the table, waiting to see if the kelvic would accept her invitation.
Last edited by Zlakalia on September 4th, 2011, 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zlakalia
The Psycho Pycon

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Belaya Smert on September 3rd, 2011, 3:16 am

Perhaps it was nothing, but for some reason Belaya began to feel scared of the little doll-like person. Soon the feeling passed, leaving Belaya confused, but he took the seat so as not to show it. Accepting the drink, he gulped it down in one go, then immediately regretted it when he realized it was stronger drink than he was used to. "*coughs*Wha-*cough*do you me-*cough*mean I'm the kind of person you're looking for?" Unable to hold it back any longer, Belaya began coughing heavily.

Gathering himself together, he looked at the the small girlish thing. "What is your name? And what do you want with me?"
Belaya Smert
Player

Character sheet

Postby Zlakalia on September 11th, 2011, 5:18 am

The coughs were pleasing. The heavy drought the coin had bought left Belaya's throat wet, like the sound of a man dying from chest wounds, coughing up blood. That red from those kinds of wounds was always so deluded and gross, mixed with spit and discolored. But it was still red. Zlakalia couldn't help but smile.

"Zlakalia is my name. I am a pycon, a clay person." She bent her head forward in a short bow, before snapping her neck and head back up. "And I am in need of your particular talents." She stood up, her large hands drumming against the stone floor as she rose. Zlakalia kept the man guessing, didn't fully explain what she needed. Yet. 'All in due time.'

Zlakalia walked closer, moving with deliberate steps. She tried to look less than human, letting her legs warble under her weight with an unnatural bend. As she reached the edge of the stone table, she stood perfectly straight, again eerily still. Her hands reached forward, touching the tunic of Belaya slowly, almost flirtatiously.

"Before I say more I require the same from you. Who are you?" The question was given strange emphasis, trying to sound important. Like Belaya was answering his own question rather than one posed by the little doll.
Zlakalia
The Psycho Pycon

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Belaya Smert on September 19th, 2011, 4:38 am

Belaya flinched when she touched his tunic, while he felt his cheeks flush red, which left him feeling extremely awkward. Is she flirting with me? I know I'm fit, but really, I don't even know her. Finally getting over his awkwardness somewhat, he said, "My name is Belaya Smert, and as you can probably tell, I'm a wolf kelvic. Now what do you want me for?"
Belaya Smert
Player

Character sheet

Postby Zlakalia on September 20th, 2011, 6:14 am

Zlakalia was having fun. She paced around the table, circling away from Belaya as she spoke. "What DO I want you for? Interesting question." Her hand clawed playfully on her face, dripping down to leave a single finger on her lower lip as she completed her twirling walk and stood before Belaya again. Her big eyes looked up into his own, testing him. 'What would he do?' Zlakalia took a step closer, bridging the gap between his large body and her own much smaller one.

Zlakalia's outward position was much different than her inward. Inside Zlakalia was picking up parts of his personality, trying to figure Belaya out. She kept her djed still, not wanting to disturb the man's psyche before she could piece it together. This playful mood Zlakalia found herself in was nice, but she needed to learn more. 'Was this the kelvic she was looking for? Was he who she needed?' Only time would tell. She grinned.
Zlakalia
The Psycho Pycon

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Belaya Smert on September 22nd, 2011, 8:14 am

At first, when she answered, Belaya thought she was going to continue on into an explanation. So he sat and he waited. And waited. And waited. She continued to stare with her odd, large eyes into his. It was beginning to make him incredibly self conscious. The drink he had earlier was making his already tenuous control over his emotions effectively gone. Getting tired of her silence, he began to bare his teeth and his nose scrunched up in a snarl. "I asked a question, Zlakalia. Don't play with me, you petching doll!" Then Belaya struck out with his hand, trying to grab Zlakalia.
Belaya Smert
Player

Character sheet

Postby Zlakalia on September 26th, 2011, 12:05 am

Zlakalia just watched Belaya. Watched as his impatient shuffling became more obvious. Watched as he began to shift more from her still stare. Watched his nostrils flare and his eyes widen, his anger building. There was something about this kelvic that was interesting to watch, something about the way he took to the situation. Zlakalia was loving it.

When his muscles tensed up to grab at her Zlakalia almost wasn't prepared. Almost. His grasp caught the little doll, but her own form shifted and melted like warm clay in his hands, slipping free from his strangling hold. Pycons weren't known for their ability to be captured. Still, she found herself enticed, a spark burning in her mind. That was interesting.

Zlakalia glanced around at the other animals in the room. Most of them were just as if not more dirty and unkempt than Belaya, and very few looked up at his angry outburst. Apparently this race isn't known for their patience and tender tone. Perfect.

"Then, for now anyway, I shall not make you my plaything." Her tone was still flirty, hinting at a deeper meaning. Zlakalia bowed to his fist still on the table and took a step back, eyes peering up from her bent brow, still watching. "I need a hunter. And you seem like the most eligible wolf in the room. How would you like to make yourself some money?" Zlakalia flashed a more friendly smile, one of the salesperson. She knew she was offering him something, but she needed his services. Would he take the job, snatch the bait right from the jaws of her gilded cage? Zlakalia was excited to find out.
Zlakalia
The Psycho Pycon

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Belaya Smert on October 1st, 2011, 2:34 am

Well, I do need a job. And it might curb some of the boredom I've been having. What the hell, I'll do it. Looking down at the Zlakalia, Belaya smirked a little, showing off one of his fangs, and said, "What kind of work do you need done, Zlakalia? I don't usually work for talking dolls, but I think I might like working for you. You keep me from being bored."

He then leaned back in his seat and waited for the response.
Belaya Smert
Player

Character sheet

Next