Birth of a nobody.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Birth of a nobody.

Postby Keido on August 30th, 2011, 9:31 am

30th-Summer-511 AV

The Akeldama Colosseum. The place which Keido had heard about. The place where a person can test themselves in a fight and hopefully get some mizas in the process. Well there are those death matches too, but Keido wanted nothing to do with those. Its a firm belief of his that death profits no one and only causes the loss of otherwise valuable lives.

Following everyone else, Keido stood in a line which got shorter and shorter as people went through the black iron gates. Finally it was his turn. The shady looking man asked him first the same question that he asks everyone else before Keido had a chance to do anything.

"One mizas, or five? You look like a five yourself."

"No, I..."

"It is one then?" The man's expression changed for a slight second when he found out Keido was cheap before resuming the happy host role.

"No. I mean I was looking for a job h..."

The man clapped his hands together. "A job? Why didn't you say so earlier. It just so happens I have a slot open right now!"

Before Keido could say anything else, Shale literally pulled him along the corridor into the place they prepared fighters. "So do you have a weapon? Oh, of course you do. But that looks a little too small for a fight." It looks like Shale had sharp eyes when he saw the small weapon holstered at Keido's side. "Still it should be enough for some pathetic animals. Kill them and you got a place here. It will be your debut and test."

Keido was still a little too confused with the fast paced events. And he still did not know the details of his job.

"Uhhh....shouldn't we discuss the job before I jump into anything?"

"There is nothing to discuss my friend. Just kill the animals and you get the job, and mizas." A little intimidating smile appeared on Shale's lips. Like the shark kelvic he was known as.

"Uhm, yes. But besides mizas I still need to talk about a..."

Again, Keido was shoved out some other gate into the large clearing the fights were held. Shale immediately closed it behind him. "Remember, the people are paying to get entertained. And unless you know something more entertaining than blood you can just stick your knife into whoever appears on the other side." No time for objections here, Shale immediately left to do the next part of his job. Selling the fight.

"Lllllllladies and gentleman. You are all lucky to be here today because YOU! Have the chance to witness the birth of a hero. And how can a man be called a hero when he has yet to face..."

The gate on the other side of the arena started to open. Keido was a little afraid. What had he gotten himself into. What weird beast did this man prepare for him today? When he saw the paws and brown fur exiting the gates Keido and Shale almost shouted in unison. "Rats?!"
Keido is now dead as of 34th of Fall, 511 AV (16th of September, 2011). I will do my best to finish all existing threads before I retire him so people with him right now don't worry.
Keido
A Naive fool in the City of Illusions

Words: 134206
Joined roleplay: August 21st, 2011, 10:45 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Birth of a nobody.

Postby Keido on August 30th, 2011, 10:17 am

Shale continued his commentary. "Now what adventure is complete without a few rats to start this poor fellow off?" The rat started making its way towards Keido really fast. As it got closer Keido noticed that this was no ordinary rat. It was bigger, furrier, sharper fangs and claws. This was in fact, a direrat.

Keido still had this dumbfounded look on his face while the rat ran towards him. How can it be this easy. It is only a rat. And Keido had his weapon beside him, the one he drew as soon as he got back his senses and decided to kill the rat to finish this match off as soon as possible.

Like the rat, Keido ran forward with his weapon. Both enemies due to strange circumstances. But it was just a rat he figured. Killing an animal is different from killing a human. When both were just about to reach each other, Keido saw the reason why it was only one rat. Behind it came another one. And behind that one another. They were sending the direrats at him one by one. If Keido did not kill this one fast he will soon be overwhelmed. In the background he could still hear Shale talking "Of course, only one rat would be easy. So why not we give him more. The hero should be happy that his quest starts off in this exciting way."

Figures that the sneaky bastard will pull something off like this. This was not a fight, this was a massacre! Keido was wary of the rat. With its large teeth and huge claws. And that attitude of carefulness cost him the first strike. The rat pounced at Keido snapping its teeth and swiping with its claws. Caught off guard he had no time to react to the attack. Escape would be a good option now. So he stepped backwards out of the direrat's way. When the rat landed, Keido's weapon was already in the air. And he struck it down aimed right at the rat's head for the killing blow.

That was a bad mistake. He struck with so much force that it was stuck for a bit in the rat's skull. Costing a few precious moments. While he tried to loosen his blade enough to pull it out, he could see three rats running to him in a little train from the gates. Muttering out a few curses at how this fight is turning out, Keido was finally able to pull out the weapon. But the rats were really close. And he did not want to risk having to face them all at once. That will probably be not that smart a move.
Keido is now dead as of 34th of Fall, 511 AV (16th of September, 2011). I will do my best to finish all existing threads before I retire him so people with him right now don't worry.
Keido

Character sheet

Birth of a nobody.

Postby Keido on August 30th, 2011, 11:38 am

The best way Keido could think of to survive this fight is to distance the rats from one another. Taking his time in defeating them one by one. The direrats may have numbers on their side, but Keido was training to be a knight. And knights had to know more than just fight. So now it was time for him to make use of his mind as well.

When the rats came out, they were released one at a time as Keido could tell it. So the best thing he can make use of now is the preexisting distance between them. Keido started to run again towards the second rat but just as they were about to clash, he turned and run to the side. The crowd started booing that they were denied the next kill but Keido did not care. He was not about to become the next kill just for them. Again Shale's voice was coming from the background. "Whats this? Has our brave hero suddenly developed cold feet?"

Following their instincts, the rats started to follow Keido. The one right behind charging up faster and increasing its distance from its friends to get at Keido. Keido continued moving forward. Turning back his head every so often to see how far apart the rats were from each other. When he saw it was enough, he tried to stop himself. Since he already built up so much speed, it took him a while to slow down while his feet's advance started to decrease. Then he spun to face the rat once the movement allowed him to turn his feet and body without resistance.

Keido learnt his mistake from last time. No giving this rat a chance to strike first. With his blade pulled back ready to strike he charged at the second rat. "Haihhh!" With the speed and force already accumulated from his run he slashed at the rat, his blade travelling at a speed from one side to another. Direrats must not only be bigger, but also smarter. Because when his blade was just about to hit, the rat blocked it off with a claw and pushed it aside.

A knight, or a would be knight can't lose to a rat of all things! So Keido pushed forward. The blade on the opposite direction traveled back in the same path for another quick slash at the rat. Because the rat had to divide its paws between movement and attacking it was not able to defend this time while the blade slashed into its throat. The rat started to slash wildly at the air as it bled out and died.

Two down, two more to go. But the last two somehow caught up to each other. The rats were side by side while they ran up towards Keido. This was not going according to Keido's strategy. He was supposed to fight only one at a time. Not a pair. He needed to think of another method to split up this two.
Keido

Character sheet

Birth of a nobody.

Postby Keido on August 30th, 2011, 12:37 pm

With no other options left and only having a small weapon on him, Keido put his hands below the body of the dead rat in front of him. "Whats this? Has he finally given up?" Shale's comments were getting a little annoying. But Keido would have to put up with him over the course of his work so he might as well get used to it. The family who had him as a page told him that once. A knight always had to get used to his superiors. No matter how bad they are. So he will just consider this as part of his training as well.

Getting a good hold on the direrat's corpse, it was time to hoist it up. Keido used his knees as leverage to lift the body up. The arms which were under the rat lifted it up to chest level. Then the knees which pushed it up got the body higher than the ground. Holding on to the body above his head, Keido pushed it and tossed it over at the direction of the incoming direrats.

One rat was able to dodge it but the other one which was blocked off by its partner did not have enough room. With the one rat pinned down below a dead corpse the other got enraged and pounced again at Keido. Just like the first one, Keido got his blade ready to attack. But the rat this time was not like the first. Instead of diving right at Keido, it jumped on the floor and lunged at Keido. A surprise move which Keido was unprepared for.

The rat caught Keido in the chest. And brought Keido down to the ground with it. On top of Keido's chest it started scratching him wildly. "Yarghhh!" Keido in pain and enraged shot his arm from the side at the rat. The blade in his hand gleamed and the crowd cheered as it struck the rat in the body.

It was not that effective so Keido did it again. As many times as he needed to get the direrat of him. Pulling back his arm and plunging it into the rat's body until it finally stopped scratching. With the vile vermin dead, he pushed the body off him. Finally. Somehow, he won.
Keido

Character sheet

Birth of a nobody.

Postby Keido on August 30th, 2011, 1:47 pm

Or so he thought. Shale's voice was at the Colosseum again. "The hero has vanquished all of the underlings. Now it is time to face the boss!"

The gates opposite creaked up again as Shale continued shouting. "Here he comes. The leader of the rats. The master of the unliked. King of the vermins. Itssssss the Ratlord!"

Keido's eyes were trained on the gate. Wondering just like everyone else what is this Ratlord. Already these other direrats were tough enough. For one to be considered as the leader would mean that it will be an even more tougher. Keido was hoping that after this last one that his adventure will come to an end. But the boss has defeated all expectations. Because when it came out of the gate like the first one, paws first and everything else next it was just like any other rat. Not like any other direrat, just a normal rat itself. Hard to think that a rat would be able to lead direrats like this. This must have been a joke. Otherwise there would be no other reason to send it last. Keido smiled finally thinking that he had won.

His back was turned to it as he headed towards the gates. Time to leave and get his mizas. But after taking a few steps the crowd started gasping then cheering. Something has happened. Something which would affect this battle in unknown ways.

Shale started shouting excitedly again. "Here it is! The true form of the king of the rats. Someone give him a weapon so that he can face the hero in combat."

The loud cheering of the crowd drowned out the noise of the sword clanking on the ground. But Keido did not have to hear to see what had happened. Thinking how it is that a rat that size would be able to wield a sword, Keido turned around. In the place of the rat he saw...a man. Showing off his naked, scarred and muscular body. The women among the spectators were screaming wildly. Obviously the kelvic was popular compared to the newcomer.

The kelvic swung his sword around wildly, roaring "You killed my friends you petching shyke!" Then he charged for Keido.

He was not going to catch a break here was he?
Keido

Character sheet

Birth of a nobody.

Postby Keido on August 30th, 2011, 2:05 pm

Keido charged along with the kelvic. Bosses means the last opponent for the day he hoped. He was already feeling the strain for facing off so many opponents. More training and discipline is needed for him. If not that his fights are all going to turn into uphill battles in the future.

Kodachi and sword clashed with the sound of metal on metal, and the crowd shouted with it. Keido and the kelvic was pushing each other's weapon. None yielding to the other. Because to give way would give the other's weapon an opening to attack. Keido stamped his foot in the ground to try and push the kelvic back. The kelvic did the same and started to push Keido back. How can a kelvic be that strong? Especially a rat. If it was one of the stronger animals at least Keido can be less embarrassed.

Well if Keido cannot fight with his strength he will just give up on it. In a controlled movement, he pushed his sword a little to the side. At that angle he allowed the kelvic's sword to slide a little before he finally released it. Allowing the kelvic's sword to slash at the air beside him.

"Hahaha! Stupid human. They call you hero but you are a fool. How is your weapon going to attack me now?" The kelvic started to taunt Keido. But he ignored it. When he learnt how to fight he also learnt how to keep a cool head or lose it.

With both combatant's sword out of the way and without much time to recover and strike before the other, Keido chose to attack first. Folding his fingers into a fist and then sending it towards the kelvic's face. The kelvic must have been expecting that because he also sent his arm up to block Keido's blow before it reached the face. But why would Keido aim for the face when there was a more vulnerable spot to attack.

With no armor, not even clothes to speak of the target was visible. As much as Keido did not want to look. Dangling there on the air it was just plain disgusting. Keido lifted up his legs. Folding it so that the knee was rising to the top. And finally, contact. The kelvic was on the ground. Holding on to his groin and yelling in pain. But pain was what the crowd came for and they all burst out laughing, Shale included as he said "Who knew that a hero would aim so low?"
Keido

Character sheet

Birth of a nobody.

Postby Keido on August 30th, 2011, 2:44 pm

Shale must have signed Keido up for a deathmatch. Keido would have to talk to him about his preference against that later when they discuss about his long term employment. But for now, his eyes were staring straight at the people in the front row. Most of them showing the dreaded thumbs down. Keido eyes were on the look of resignation of the kelvic's warrior's face. While he did not want to kill, he has accidentally signed up for this death match and he has to see it through. He lifted up his blade as he prepared for the killing blow.

They say don't count your chickens before they are hatched. In Keido's case it was don't bury your rats until they are killed. The direrat. The one which was pinned on the ground by the corpse somehow got free and pounced on Keido's back. Keido fell down face first on the naked kelvic. At the funny scene of two grown men struggling to get up from each other the crowd laughed more. Shale again had to say something. "It seems that our hero here has other plans for the ratlord."

Keido was not happy one bit. This was at worst demeaning. He was stuck between a direrat on top and a kelvic at the bottom. He had to get out of this...position before he lost his mind. There was the laughing from the crowds and the jeering from Shale. Not to mention the disgusting sound of the kelvic breathing below him. First thing to do. He had to get the rat which was holding him down off his back.

Eventhough Keido could not see the direrat, he could feel it. Feel its long clawed feet on his back and the brushing of fur on his body. With that he set a little mental image of there the rat would be. Based on that information, the head should be somewhere around... Keido swung his left elbow towards his back. After feeling the blow that he hit something, he swung the right at the same spot. The direrat from all the abuse leapt off and started running away from Keido and the kelvic. Hoping to escape the brutality of further attacks.

Keido got up again. The kelvic tried to get up with him. But Keido was faster. So before the kelvic could even get a proper foothold, Keido was up and stamped at the kelvic right at the chest. Sending him crashing down again to the ground. The opponent coming back up to try and kill Keido? Not going to happen.

Up there, Keido was stuck at the same position only moments ago. He had to kill the kelvic. But he saw the ones on the front seat. They were smiling and laughing more than usual. Then he remembered Shale's words from the beginning at the gates. The people are paying to get entertained...
Keido

Character sheet

Birth of a nobody.

Postby Keido on August 30th, 2011, 3:14 pm

If the people laugh and cheer at pain and weird circumstances Keido will make more. Standing over the kelvic he looked down with some remorse in his eyes. Then he lifted up his legs to start stamping down on the kelvic. First time down he stamped on the chest to get the kelvic out of breath. Second time he aimed for the elbow and the next for the third. Then the fourth and fifth he stamped at the knees. The sixth and final blow he aimed at the groin again. By then the laughing which went up with each blow deafened the whole colluseum. It was cruel, Keido knew. But it was the only way he could think of to try and spare the pitiful kelvic's life.

With the kelvic too much in pain to even get off the ground, Keido took his Kodachi with him and headed over to the fleeing rat. Slowly and steadily he advanced. With the rat going further and further backwards to get away.

Just as he was about to reach it he roared at the crowd. "You want blood? I will give you your blood!"

The rat hissed at Keido but it was without spirit. Keido suddenly switch from his slow walk to a quick run. He sped up at the surprised rat with his blade pointed forward, held on his ribs to keep it stable and true. And a step or two from the direrat he sent it forward. With that all his enemies but the kelvic he wanted to spare was dead. But the crowd cried out for more blood.

If Shale was going to give a setting and a role to Keido, he might as well play it. Heading to the middle he turned round and round to catch his breath before he started shouting at them.

"People of Akeldama! This marks the beginning of my adventure. I have defeated my first adversary. And I will spare him from death to give him a fate much worse than that. He will go and spread my victory, and his defeat as a warning to all other's who will hinder me from my journey!"

Keido should leave. But just as he was about to leave for the gate he went back to the fallen kelvic. Kicking him again before going on his knee to whisper to him. "Sorry I can't find another way." And left. The fight was over and now was time to go and discuss his future in the colloseum over with Shale.
Keido

Character sheet

Birth of a nobody.

Postby Fallacy on September 1st, 2011, 3:33 am

XP Award!

Name:Keido
XP Award:
  • Kodachi- 3
  • Tactic- 3
  • Running- 2
  • Brawling- 1
  • Body Building- 1
  • Unarmed Combat- 3
  • Observation- 2
Lore:
  • Death Profits no one
  • Fighting a Dire Rat
  • Shale (Basic)
  • Basic battle tactic’s
  • Planning your moves
  • Denying the crowd
  • Using your head in intense situations
  • Slaying Dire Rats
  • A knight always had to get used to his superiors
  • Strain of prolonged fighting
  • Other plans for the ratlord
Notes:

You were hired at the Colosseum.

Given 3 GM for the fight. Shale deducted pay for not killing the kelvic.

First JOB thread done. PM me a reminder to give you full pay and I will award it then.

Great little thread. Very enjoyable and it was a neat little story. Neat Kelvic idea and it was cool of you to spare his life.

Any questions or concerns about the rewards gained please send a PM :)

12 hour shifts have started, and Im working 6-7 days a week mandatory overtime. My replies will be slow until I can adjust to this new groove.
Fallacy
I think you're crazy just like me.

Words: 493223
Joined roleplay: June 23rd, 2011, 7:58 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)