Who is this Ionu? (Solo)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Who is this Ionu? (Solo)

Postby Keido on August 31st, 2011, 3:42 pm

78th-Summer-511 AV

Keido finally knew who was the Ionu the man who defeated him was referring to. It was not one of those special front row patrons of the Colosseum. It was a god. The god of Alvadas which only meant that he was much more important than any of them.

Today might be the day he was supposed to find out more about this god. Because as they say, the city of Alvadas was like a puppet show and her people the puppets. Keido's search for the temple was fairly easy. As though the city wanted him to find him. He only had to start walking straight from his room in the Cubacious Inn and after a while he was right in front of the stone building.

"Trust nothing in Alvadas" Keido recalled when he suddenly bumped and tripped on something which he was unable to see. Curse this city.

With the experience of bumping into an invisible object, Keido cautiously made his way into the temple. Waving his hands in front of him and pressing on his foot to make sure that nothing was in front him. A time consuming practice but it would be safer than risking any further mishaps.

The doors opened for Keido to look into the temple. It looked like a normal place of worship like all the others he had seen. There were even some people sitting around, to curry the favor of the elusive god. Keido understood the importance of faith as well so he shouldn't be judging them and made his way to one of the benches.

He barely settled on his seat when a complete stranger came right beside him. Of all the other places to sit he chose this one. But Keido had no claim over the temple. He was not even a follower of Ionu. If anything he was just a curious newcomer to a strange belief in a new city.

"Aren't you one of the combatants in Akeldama? I saw one of your fights. You took down your opponent too fast." The man shook his head as he said it. Almost as though he was disappointed in something.

"Yes I did. Fights are meant to be ended fast. Dragging it on for too long is just a waste." The deliberate action of the man did not escape Keido. Why should he care that much?

"It was just boring. I paid good money to enjoy a good fight you know? If you were going to do that wouldn't a bodyguard be more profitable?" The man did not even look at Keido as he spoke. It was like he did not want to acknowledge him.

"Well I am sorry then. What do you want? A refund?" Keido was still looking at the man. Trying to catch a glimpse of his face. It was unpleasant to be told off by a complete stranger on the way he fought.
Keido is now dead as of 34th of Fall, 511 AV (16th of September, 2011). I will do my best to finish all existing threads before I retire him so people with him right now don't worry.
Keido
A Naive fool in the City of Illusions

Words: 134206
Joined roleplay: August 21st, 2011, 10:45 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Who is this Ionu? (Solo)

Postby Keido on September 1st, 2011, 11:46 am

The man was just sitting there for a while. Looking at the front of the temple. If this man was going to ignore Keido then he would not care too much about it. He was here to find out about the Ionu that Razel mentioned among the crowds. If this man was no help at all, Keido has no interest in him.

"No I don't need your money. Your following match was a lot more better. Even if you did lose." the man said again exhaling deeply. Like he was thinking of what to do with Keido.

"Lose? Do you think I am happy with losing?!" He had some anger issues when it came to fighting in the arena sure. And being reminded that he should take a loss hurt his pride a lot.

"Why not? Do you even know why you are fighting in the arena?"

"Of course I do. It is to win!" the answer came fast with a snarl. Besides winning there was no other reason to fight.

"Then you are a sad man. I go to the Colosseum to watch a good fight. Whether you win or lose I don't care as long as I can see it." an arm suddenly reached out to grab Keido by the collar.

"Wha...?" it caught Keido completely off guard. Even if he was good at fighting it came too suddenly for him to try and block it off.

"I am getting tired of your childishness. If you cannot even see the truth then you should not even think of living in Alvadas. Let alone fight in the Colosseum." his eyes looked like he was preparing to go for a kill just to stop the conversation from continuing.

Keido recalled some of the advice Razel gave him from last time. To not trust anything in Alvadas. Something about this man speaking about the truth which Keido cannot see seemed to connect with that statement. It would look like that if he was going to survive in Alvadas he was going to need this truth.

"I...I'm sorry. I just came to Alvadas this season and only joined the Colosseum half-way though..." In realization Keido calmed down a bit. Ready to accept whatever this man might throw at him.

The man got back on his seat. Looking to the front of the temple. Thinking, just thinking. Keido might just have averted some disaster, or lost something valuable that might be able to gain in Alvadas. Just when he was about to give up and leave, the man looked at Keido and smashed his hand on the benches.

"Sir...?"

"Why is it that I cannot mind my own business." The man uttered under his breath. Then continuing with his harsh voice, "There are many reasons to fight. Some people fight to protect, and some people fight to oppress. In the Colosseum you fight to entertain. Entertain me! Do you understand?" the man's hand went up in a cone shape and started pecking on Keido's head. "UNDERSTAND?!"
Keido is now dead as of 34th of Fall, 511 AV (16th of September, 2011). I will do my best to finish all existing threads before I retire him so people with him right now don't worry.
Keido

Character sheet

Who is this Ionu? (Solo)

Postby Keido on September 1st, 2011, 6:08 pm

Keido was prepared to accept anything, but this. His hands were slapping at thin air to try and push the man's hand away. The man was deliberately targeting his face and eyes, so he had to look away. This made his defense more ineffective because his field of vision was reduced significantly. Everytime his hand was about to smack the man's away, all the man needed to do was change its path to Keido's blind spot and strike from there.

"What! Did! I! Tell! You! About! Seeing! The! Truth!" slipping in a jab at Keido in between each words. The man was loud and was making a scene in the temple especially when he abruptly got up. Keido could feel a lot eyes on him with the entertained onlookers in the temple.

Failing to defend himself, Keido started crouching. Bending over to use his back to block the man's attacks from his face. It only worked for a bit until the man decided it was enough to attack the sides of Keido's face and the corner of his eyes. No matter which side Keido turned his face to avoid the man, the pointed hand was waiting and struck him in the face.

"You are only wanting to see what you want to see. Alvadas and Ionu would have a field day with a fool like you over here. Can't you see the truth here is that I want to hit you in the face? And you are wasting your time hiding yourself away from that." the quick blows started to go slower now. The barrage would require a lot of energy from the man, but Keido too had a lot of marks on his face from it. Even if he managed to block and dodge quite a few from his quick movements.

If the man only wanted to his Keido's face then all he would have to do is stop that. Annoyed, Keido turned to face the man and took a few more nicks to the face. But he was able to reduce most of the damage by moving his face and exposing the less vulnerable spots. Like the cheeks and forehead. After he got used to the man's rhythm his hand flashed up to snatch the man's hand in the wrist. He gripped it hard. Squeezing as hard as possible so that the man would not be able to escape.

"Understand what you can achieve when you are willing to see?" the man asked with a smile of satisfaction on his face that he finally got the point across to Keido.

"No, but I am pretty sure you are going to tell me!" this was not a request, it was a demand when Keido said it. Squeezing harder on the wrist just like he was trying to squeeze the words out of the man before tossing it to the side like a disgusting rag.

The man stared at Keido as he started to rub on his wrist. Thinking if he should be wasting anymore time on this one. Keido was being quite a prick. But that was only due to him feeling that he was not given respect from so many people in Alvadas.

"I suppose...the truth is you are probably here to know more about the mysteries of Ionu and his Alvadas right? But unless you are able to keep an open mind about our lovely city and her people, you will never learn anything. So far? You are not doing a good job. You can't even keep the people on your side on the Colosseum."

Keido nodded his head as he thought on it. It was quite consistent with the words of Razel from earlier. There could be no possible way that two people would lie to him on the same thing. Not unless they were in cahoots from the start. But Razel and this man were just random encounters in his life. Unless, this was too good a timing for coincidence and consistency? No, it won't do for Keido to be so distrustful towards people he barely even met. Even if their motives may be questionable.

"My advice to you? Go to somewhere where you can get a taste of illusions for yourself. It is an exciting and beautiful experience for those who knows how to enjoy it. Who knows, it may even make you a more cherished gladiator in the arena if you can learn how to give what a person wants. Try the Garden of no Return if you want. But always remember to look beyond the veils and into the truths hidden by the lies."

The man was done for the day. Getting up and going to another bench away from Keido. They have been talking for a long time so Keido was tired as well and allowed the man to leave. But coming to the temple was good. He now had a basic idea on how this strange city works.
Keido

Character sheet

Who is this Ionu? (Solo)

Postby Fallacy on September 2nd, 2011, 7:54 am

XP Award!

Name:Keido
XP Award:
  • Philosophy- 1
  • Rhetoric- 1
  • Observation- 2
  • Tactics- 1
  • Unarmed Combat- 1
Lore:
  • Tripping over invisible things
  • Lead by the city
  • Stranger Danger
  • Hurt Pride
  • Fight to win
  • Many reasons to fight
  • Blind spots
  • ”Seeing the truth”
  • Keep an open mind
Notes:

I really liked this thread and wished it was just a little longer. Im really enjoying what you are doing with your character and I am excited to see what happens to him next. Please keep up the good work and Im sure you will unravel the mysteries of Alvadas and Illusion in no time ;)

The garden shifts but the path out, to a more observant eye, is always marked by a pattern of certain flora. So the paths may change and switch and shift but the way out is always clearly marked though I think it will take a while to figure any of this out ICly and I will be impressed if someone does. Usually the way out is found by chance unless you have knowledge of flora because in that holds the key to escape.

Any questions or concerns about the rewards gained please send a PM :)

12 hour shifts have started, and Im working 6-7 days a week mandatory overtime. My replies will be slow until I can adjust to this new groove.
Fallacy
I think you're crazy just like me.

Words: 493223
Joined roleplay: June 23rd, 2011, 7:58 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)