Sleep deprived and Deks. (Taln)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Postby Kikue on October 10th, 2011, 12:22 pm

"A leg up? Why......", she started as she looked back. Kikue immediately went beet-red as she saw Taln's intention. She on his shoulders? There was no way she would do that, she'd be too embarrased. Didn't he think of how people would look at her like that? "No way am I going to sit on his shoulders. What would others think about me then...... wait.... why do I care?

It had to be either bad luck for Kikue, or just something to give Taln a little more fun that the small Avora got stuck with her foot behind a small rock. She tumbled onto her back and almost immediately grabbed onto her ankle as the pain shot up from it. She gritted her teeth as the tears sprung from her eyes. "Petch, petch, PETCH! Why am I being so flustered, embarrased and what ever else by this guy?", she asked herself in her mind.

The Avora hadn't noticed herself yet, but she had taken a liking to this dek, even though they knew eachother for only a short time. Her feelings were things she had never experienced before and that's why she reacted like that each time. "He's just a big, oversized, caring dek. Just like every dek should be, right? I mean.... there is a reason why they're gutterdump.... but why him?", she wondered in her mind. Looking at him with tears in her eyes, she then said: "I wouldn't mind if you carry me, but..... not on the shoulders... I'd be too.... embarrassed." Her voice was small, full of her embarrassment and pain.
When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What the hell am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
Kikue
Avora Huntress

Words: 42025
Joined roleplay: August 1st, 2011, 7:35 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Taln on October 15th, 2011, 5:42 pm

Despite her age, the woman acted as pure and virginal as the driven snow! He held back a chuckle and smirked while he answered,

"I suggested the shoulders because it would make you look better, seem more in control and be the -least- embarrassing. Carrying you against me instead, most Inarta will assume we're sharing furs. However, since you prefer for me to wrap my arms around you and carry you closer to me, I won't object, Avora."

Taln scooped up the tiny woman easily from behind her knees and back, and held her close enough for Kikue to end up eye to chest with him. On the verge of a snarky remark, he noticed her eyes brimming with unshed tears and his expression changed immediately to fear.

His normally quiet voice held a tinge of panic at the thought as he asked nervously,

"You're uh.. you're not gonna.. cry.. are you?"

Taln
Ivak's will be done

Words: 246324
Joined roleplay: August 6th, 2011, 12:57 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Never Say Die (1)

Postby Kikue on October 19th, 2011, 8:56 pm

The small Avora blushed even deeper as the larger Dek made fun of her again. It were her feelings right? So she was the one that felt more comfortable being carried like she asked for. And as she got scooped up, she leaned a little against the chest of the dek, trying to seek comfort. It felt really secure being held by him like that. It felt as if she could just fall asleep again like that.

But as she heard his question, she abruptly turned her head to him and said angered, but still with a pained voice: "Who would cry? I won't. Not from this little...... pain." Kikue winced as a sharp pain shot up from her ankle again. It felt really bad now. It was even worse then when she got it. Perhaps going out on that hunt wasn't such a good idea after all.

"Could you take me to the infirmary instead of the archery ranges? I've got to get my ankle examined........ again.", she asked of him. She hid her eyes as she tried to hide her embarrassement. The small woman hated to go to the infirmary. They were probably gonna tell her that she had to take it easy again for another two weeks. And that was something she wanted to avoid. She couldn't sit still, at least, not in Wind Reach. She just wanted to have something to do and seeing how she didn't have any skill in handcrafting something, that would prove to be difficult.
When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What the hell am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
Kikue
Avora Huntress

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Taln on October 28th, 2011, 7:29 pm

He frowned at the young woman, looking down at her with concern. She barely weighed anything and Taln figured she probably had bird bones like most Inarta females. The Dek shifted her weight a little closer so he could look at her ankle better.

'It seems swollen and looks painful.' the tall man thought.

"Yes Kikue Avora." Taln answered obediently. He didn't like that she was hurting, but he was glad he'd gotten up her pride enough to stop the tears before they started. He could deal with beatings and worse, but tears just made him wanna run far and fast.

A passing Avora noted how the Dek carried Kikue and she gave a knowing leer. The copper haired man barely held back a smirk, knowing it would be the typical reaction. With his hands full, he tried to shake the hair out of his eyes, but the motion did little more than stir it up slightly.

With the Infirmary in sight, he strode purposely toward it, enjoying one of the few times he could take up space and seem authoritative. Sure Taln was still just a drudge, but he was on an Avora's purpose, which gave him the right to push ahead.

"We're nearly there." He reassured the dainty female in a gentle voice.

Taln
Ivak's will be done

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Kikue on October 30th, 2011, 4:20 pm

The small Avora cuddled a little more against the large Dek as she saw the knowing leer. She didn't realise that an action like that would only confirm the thoughts others mide have. But right now she couldn't really care. She was too busy trying to keep the pain down. "I hope he keeps his mouth shut once we get there. I don't want to hear my mistakes from that doctor either. *sigh* I really shouldn't have gone on that hunt."

Kikue managed to get a faint smile on her pained face as she heard Taln saying that they were near the infirmary. At least now something could be done about this pain. "I'll take a proper rest now, don't want to worsen it any more then I already have."

As they arrived at the door of the infirmary, the doctor who had treated Kikue before just opened and looked at the large dek, completely overlooking the small Avora.
"What do you want, dek? I'm busy, so you'd better have a good reason to interrupt me", he said brusk.

OOCSorry for the crap post. Brain seems to be malfunctioning lately again.
Kikue
Avora Huntress

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Taln on December 7th, 2011, 5:17 pm

Taln blinked in surprise at someone noticing a lowly Dek like him instead of the Avora place literally front and center. It took him a chime to gather his thoughts enough to answer, hoping that Kikue Avora knew he wasn't usurping her place. You never knew with women. Or Avoras for that matter.

"Kikue Avora has a bad ankle and she wanted someone to carry her here, healer."

His emerald gaze briefly swept the area, looking for Aidara and didn't find her. Addy was the best healer in Wind Reach and he couldn't be sure how well this one would treat Kikue. Taln lowered Kikue to the healing table and went back outside promptly before the healer could scold him for lingering too long.

He knew the healer wouldn't want a Dek's filthy presence too long in their immaculate healing rooms. All he could do now was wait patiently to see if he was needed later.

Taln
Ivak's will be done

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Previous