Horse shoes and Kelvics [Gin]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Luke Lammergeier on September 2nd, 2011, 7:23 am

1st Day of Fall, 511 A.V.

As usual Luke was too stubborn to ask Sam for anything. They were friends no doubt about that, but he was also a Drykas. They knew nothing but horses all their lives. It would be a shame to go up to him needing help to tend his horse. Better to look like a fool in front of the other horse petchers.

Keetah, his horse. Had been limping strangely ever since this morning. Normally he could take it to one of his men to check out, get a shoe changed or something along those lines. Out here he had no one and in the Sea of Grass. A horse meant your life. Walking was not an option when the city moved.

Despite being here for little over a season. He was not used to the lay of the land and often got lost from clan to clan. He had to ask several Horse lovers for direction. If they spoke common at all, it was very rough and thick with accent. By the time the six Drykas, he was ready to strike someone.

He finally came onto a tall woman in a red cloak, he didn't see the harm in asking. She had a northern look about her. Although the silver hair did strike him as odd. Perhaps she was a Konti?

”Excuse me, do you know where I can find a horse healer?” His tone was polite, if not a little agitated. Luke wore his usual dark green tunic. Weather worn and slightly faded. Black breeches, high leather boots and a sword belt. He never found much use for arms in Drykas, but being always cautious. He carried longsword and dagger wherever he went.
Last edited by Luke Lammergeier on September 16th, 2011, 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Character is being put on hold

All emails should be directed towards ETHAN
Luke Lammergeier
All i smell is Drykas and horse dung

Words: 115174
Joined roleplay: November 28th, 2010, 7:50 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Ginchoeri on September 4th, 2011, 7:11 pm

Gin jumped at the mans voice. She wasn't used to being addressed. Normally she was ignored, though it's true she'd had her fair share of strange meetings. She turned to the man and his horse. She slightly chukled at the question. Most Drykas, no all Drykas had a thing for horses, and would do most anything for them. She smiled at the man. "You could ask most anyone. Though I may be able to help. If it's something simple." She walked up to the man's horse and petted his nose. "Now, what could be the problem? What's his name?"
Ginchoeri
Player

Words: 132404
Joined roleplay: August 11th, 2011, 1:54 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Luke Lammergeier on September 9th, 2011, 1:19 am

His mood quickly soothed away when she jumped. It was such a cute thing for a person to do and he rather liked someone being skittish instead of afraid when he surprised them. He had a belly full of fear and couldn't stomach it any longer.

When she turned around he noticed just how beautiful she was. Her hair was like spun silver and seemed to shimmer in the sunlight. She had bright blue eyes and smooth pale skin. Her look was exotic but she lacked the gem like scales that gave away the Konti. She was tall as well. Nearly as tall as him.

"You could ask most anyone. Though I may be able to help. If it's something simple." He smiled as she walked towards his horse. He held Keetah by the reins and expected her to whiny or back away but she didn't. Something could be said about a person your horse trusted.

"Now, what could be the problem? What's his name?" She had a pretty voice as well.

”Keetah. She has been limping ever since last night.” He pointed at the leg that was troubling her. ”I have been trying to find some of the Opal clan tents but this place is impossible to navigate in. And I would sooner walk than take her to any other Drykas. But I can pay you a little coin if you help?”

Luke Lammergeier

Character sheet

Postby Ginchoeri on September 9th, 2011, 10:20 pm

Humming a slightly out of tune song, she slightly crouched down, "That's not really necessary. Anything to help a friend." She smiled as she went to lift Keetah's leg slightly. Then talking to the horse she said, "I'm sorry that I called you a he. Hopefully we can fix this fast so you can run just like you want to." She obsevered the hoof and leg for a bit and noticed that there was something jammed inbetween the shoe and the hoof. "Oww. I wouldn't like this either. Hold on sweety, I'll fix this for you." With her fingers, she tried to get the small stone umjammed. She was careful so she wouldn't upset Keetah. The last thing she needed was a kick to the face. She eventually worked it out, standing up, and showing the rock to the man. "Even the smallest things can cause big problems..." She patted Keetah's flank, "She should be okay after a little of rest. Though I suggest taking off the shoe's, out here they can cause problems. Huh, Keetah?" She smiled with laughter. "I'm Gin by the way. What's you're name?"
Last edited by Ginchoeri on September 16th, 2011, 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ginchoeri
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Luke Lammergeier on September 16th, 2011, 5:43 am

The woman hummed as she started looking over the horse. He couldn't pick out the tune, but it was pleasant to hear. The girl had a beautiful voice. "That's not really necessary. Anything to help a friend." She said happily. Lifting Keetah's leg up with deft hands. She was a little too careful with the beast but it was smart to be careful around new beasts. Trained or not.

Luke was about to tell the girl. That he insisted. Debts must be paid even between friends, but the girl started talking to the horse as it where her sister. And he just stood there, a small smile on his lips. He had seen trainers talk to their beasts. It was common, but she was talking to the horse, not at it.

When the silver haired girl, found something. He crouched down besides her. She had her fingers busy on Keetah's shoe. After a bit he could start to see the stone lodged between a crack. Luke felt like a fool for not seeing that before. "Even the smallest things can cause big problems..." The girl said.

"She should be okay after a little of rest. Though I suggest taking off the shoe's, out here they can cause problems. Huh, Keetah?" She laughed and smiled. The sunlight caught in her silver hair to create a gentle glow. She was surprisingly beautiful and it made him a little flustered.

"I'm Gin by the way. What's you're name?" Gods be good she is beautiful.

Luke cleared his throat to dust out the cob webs. ”Luke Lammergeier.” He gave her a polite smile and began patting his horse and rubbing her neck. Looking for something to stall, and gather his wits about him.

”Thanks for taking care of Keetah. What kind of Mount do you have Gin?... Is that short for something?” He seemed to gather his courage back. His words flowing out in their usual gravel tone. Luke felt a little silly for asking about her horse, but in Endrykas. Horses was like talking about the harvest. Always a good topic. And it was a good way to see if she was Drykas. She didn't have any tattoo's but she might have them elsewhere. The thought made him redden.

Luke Lammergeier

Character sheet

Postby Ginchoeri on September 18th, 2011, 1:48 am

His questions were cute and it made her laugh, especially when she saw his face turn a slight shade of red. She could tell that he didn't know what she was, just by his question. She decided to answer his second question, "Yes, it's short for Ginchoeri. Though it seems that many Drykas don't like to say difficult names... well at least the one's I've run into." She had a pensive look on her face as she wondered why that could be. She knew he would find out sooner or later so she decided to tell him now.
"Though I do not have a horse, I am quite capable of carrying all my things myself. For I myself am a horse of great calliber. It is quite conveinient, but I must ask for help from a Drykas to lay my items across my back." She smiled again at the lad and walked to Keetah and whispered something into her ear. Giggling she patted the horse's neck. "I am sorry if my words confuse you greatly." She spoke again to Luke.
Ginchoeri
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Luke Lammergeier on September 26th, 2011, 12:34 am

Ginchoeri? He had never heard the name before and he was definitely not going to try it aloud. It seems the Drykas shared his dislike of complicated names. Gin would do. A short name for a tall girl. He was liking it already.

When he asked her about horses. He was surprised by her answered. He could count the Kelvics he knew on one hand, but they all seemed a little edgy with their identity? It was nice to hear a straight forward answer. So he didn't have to find out later if they became friends. Last thing he needed was to be faced with another beautiful woman shifting into a violent beast.

The young silver haired woman patted his mare and giggled as she whispered to it. Could she talk to them? The Gods would only know what Keetah would say, but he had taken her through some rough patches and always kept her well fed and dry. He hoped any words would be appreciative if not fond.

"I am sorry if my words confuse you greatly." She said in a cheerful tone. Luke tried picturing her as a horse. If her hair color was any indicator, she would be white or a light silver. What would she be though? She is tall but not very broad. He couldn't imagine her being a charger.

”What kind of horse, if you don't mind me asking? You must be well loved with the Drykas here. I'm surprised you aren't wearing fine silks with how they treat their mares.” Luke chuckled as he brushed, Keetah's flank. This was an interesting development but one he could use. He had a common interest with her after all. She was a horse... He rode them?

”Don't worry about confusing me. I have met several Kelvics in my day, but I must admit. None of them so beautiful or kind as you. Perhaps that's because I have only met vicious predators?” He smiled and stroked the stubbed where his beard used to be. ”What brings you to Endrykas, other than the love of horses?”

Luke Lammergeier

Character sheet

Postby Ginchoeri on September 26th, 2011, 10:56 am

"Well, I'm a windrunner, and yes well loved by the Drykas who know me. Which isn't but a few. I normally hide under my hood and they don't really talk to me, except for the ones who I've run into. I've had some strange encounter." She smiled as she blushed at his comment of her being beautiful. "I'm not surprised by that, though I myself have met few Kelvics. Though you would think I came here for a love of horse, that was not the reason, in fact, I didn't even know this place existed. I came here upon chance when I was really weak and dying. The Drykas people saved me, I owe them my life." she looked as if she was looking back into her past and shivered.
Ginchoeri
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Luke Lammergeier on October 3rd, 2011, 7:23 am

She had an ignorant way of speaking, that he was starting to associate with Kelvics. As if she was still new to the ways of the world. He smiled at her as she blushed. Wishing he could be as easily pleased as her. It would be a blessing to be a little more fresh to things. To not know all the horrors of life. To not have created nightmares.

If he was a Kelvic. He would never have come to Endrykas or any settlement. The Drykas slaved just as the Northerners in Sunberth and Ravok. Perhaps not as brutally, but chains cut into your wrist's whether your treated nice or not. He would of rather died in the Grass than live by the whip.

Luke tried to ignore such thoughts. Choosing to think of her other form instead. He had never been all that curious of a man, but the stories of Magic always fascinated him. Kelvics in particular. ”The wind runner is a beautiful creature. I haven't been as fortunate to ride one, but Keetah does just fine.” He smiled at her, his light blue eyes fixated on hers. I'm sorry about whatever misfortune chased your here.[.b] It could have been a bandit much like himself. Wanting to trade her hide for some coin. [b] but I'm glad it happened. No doubt the Drykas would drub me over the head for not knowing about horses. He laughed and walked a bit closer. ”Tell you what. Since you helped me with my horse... and gold is no good amongst friends. Let me treat you to a meal? I have some meat and wine back at my tent. It is no pavilion to be sure, but we can be free to discuss our lives and make an ass out of ourselves?” He laughed at his terrible pun. ”It is my treat to entertain a fellow traveler. What do you say? Hot meal for your services.”

Luke Lammergeier

Character sheet

Postby Ginchoeri on October 4th, 2011, 11:37 pm

She smiled. Though his bad joke was a little repulsive and offencive, she knew he ment to harm. She patted his shoulder, "Hey, as long as you don't say anymore bad jokes I would love to join you." she giggled, "I live in a tent myself, so it's okay. Though I have to stop by my tent, I have to grab my harp. Is that okay with you?" Her hair fluttered with the wind as she turned towards her tent, which was at the back of the encampment, "Is this the direction you're tent is in also?"
Ginchoeri
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next