[Outside the Crooked Playhouse] Another Victem (Ifran)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Postby Nowa on September 3rd, 2011, 12:42 am

[4 Fall, 511av] <Outside the Crooked Playhouse>

Soaring through the air was great, lots of fun. Loops, circles, dives, practicing it all! ...but that practice can make a bird hungry. He was swooping by some building, it was rather big for not having a name. Oh, someone was eating their, was it lunch? A snack? It was a snack now, just not for who it was intended for. Nowa circled overhead, quietly. He focused on the aura of the meal, what was it really? Fruits, breads, and cheeze. Yum.

It was being held by a... six-armed person? What a strange thing to see. It would be a lot harder to steal from a six-armed person. Well, like always, need to use surprise to my advantage! Nowa thought to himself. He watched carefully, was this man suspicious? Not from above, that much was clear. Nowa dove in, and swiped the cheese right out from his grasp. Landing on the nearby building.

Nowa looked to the man, he... laughed? Friendly people were the best. Nowa squawked happily. "Vi-oree! Foo nine! Nore foo for Nowa?"
Last edited by Nowa on January 20th, 2012, 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"noWa!"
Common as a Raven is not so easy. I wrote myself a guide in my CS.
Nowa
"Cra-woo!"

Words: 36552
Joined roleplay: September 2nd, 2011, 6:29 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Ifran on September 3rd, 2011, 2:40 am

Sometimes he just had to get out of the playhouse. His mien remained calm at all times, but he had not anticipated how much he would miss Ahnatep when he came here in search of power, sophistication, and context from which to add to his art and, eventually, his political power. The playhouse was certainly a hub of the performing arts in Alvadas and he was glad to have found a niche there for the time being as he broadened his training and learned more about the deity of illusion, the city of illusion, and its people.

He was halfway through his lunch, sitting in a square that hadn't been there the day before, when a raven swooped down to snap a hunk of cheese right out of his hand. Never mind the spread of other things not in his hand, but the brave thing -- or foolish, depending on one's perspective -- went straight for the prize that was about to disappear. With six hands, he might have smacked the thing out of the air for its temerity, but instead he laughed and watched it fly over to an outbuilding of the theater.

Saluting the raven for its feat, he tossed some more cheese a bit farther down the stone lip of the fountain where he sat, an offering at a safe distance. In the meantime, he continued to graze a little bit of a time, peering at the raven and wondering at its strange call.
Ifran
House of the North Winds

Words: 172387
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2010, 10:57 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Lore Author (1)

Postby Nowa on September 3rd, 2011, 2:55 am

Nowa looked to the man, the the cheese. Nowa swooped down behind the fountain, and slowly made his way up. He nabbed the cheese, and ate that next. Nowa keept a careful eye on the man. Could he get more food from asking, or was that the limit? He bright himself up to the fountain, and stood on it's lip. "Wha' is your nane? I an Nowa!"
"noWa!"
Nowa
"Cra-woo!"

Character sheet

Postby Ifran on September 9th, 2011, 3:50 am

"Ifran of the House of the North Winds," he said with all due courtesy. It was the sloe-eyed Chaktawe who spoke to the birds where he came from, but if a bird could speak like a man, then Ifran would make conversation. "Pleased to make your acquaintance, Nowa. Would you like some more to eat? My table is humble, but I can share what I have."

This was not the prince of the oases who had left Ahnatep, it would seem. Or else he had quickly learned generosity. Then again, there were those in life who might call him generous, but such people were also raised to fear generosity without a known cause.
Ifran
House of the North Winds

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Lore Author (1)

Postby Nowa on September 9th, 2011, 4:37 am

"You ha' a really lon' nane. Ea-in' is 'ood." Nowa eyed this person carefully, though not finding anything off decided to move in a bit closer, though still out of reach. He continued to eye Ifran, as if searching for something... "Do you en-joy 'irdys?" Nowa looked as if expecting something, rather then hoping. A very strange look from a bird.

OOCScanning your aura for changes. Checking for a sudden shift in mood with the answer. :P
"noWa!"
Nowa
"Cra-woo!"

Character sheet

Postby Ifran on September 10th, 2011, 6:48 pm

"Ifran seems to work here in Alvadas," he noted, and set an apple slice out between them, his motions economical and graceful and bearing no malice or promise of violence. His aura too was calm and methodical, slightly amused, slightly curious.

"I like birds well enough," he said. "My family has a menagerie in Ahnatep with all sorts of birds and animals. And in the deserts roam the Chaktawe who speak with birds with the grace of the goddess Eywaat. Not all birds speak the Common tongue so well as you."
Ifran
House of the North Winds

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Lore Author (1)

Postby Nowa on September 14th, 2011, 5:51 pm

Nowa slowly approached the slice of apple, a single hop at a time. He spoke as he moved closer. "I 'ink, I an la, only, 'irdy, who s'eeks, 'onnon here." His eyes didn't shift from Ifran, until he got close enough to eat the slice of apple. Then he started nibbling at it without too much mind of Ifran. "Yunny. I wan' 'oo, see 'ose, 'irdies! Is, Ahnade', near?" Once again a stare with this question, checking the aura for changes.

OOCSorry for the crazy delay. I had net problems.
"noWa!"
Nowa
"Cra-woo!"

Character sheet

Postby Ifran on September 18th, 2011, 9:51 pm

Ifran remained serene, though the flickers of interest and curiosity continued to spark along his aura, more obvious there than in his manner or mien.

"Well, then the both of us are strange birds here, eh?" he asked. "Feel free to finish my lunch," he offered, indicating the plate right beside him. Nowa would have to be well within arm's reach to take him up on the offer. "Ahnatep is across the Suvan Sea to the south, down the estuary, across the desert. You could get there faster than I with those wings of yours."
Ifran
House of the North Winds

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Lore Author (1)

Postby Nowa on September 18th, 2011, 10:25 pm

Nowa advanced using a few short hops, a couple at a time. Watching once again. "Is la sea 'ar? Is it lar'?" Nowa looked to the food, it wasn't like he could eat it really, but extra food was hard to waste. Two more hops. "Ehen a des, -erd, are dey 'id? 'ound, hard, 'or Nowa." Nowa hopped a couple more. He knew he was in reach, that was dangerous, but watched the aura. He could reach the plate, but he couldn't watch both the man and the food. He had to time himself.

OOCDang, can't get Nowa to say all his lines in bird-form with my limited grasp of bird-common. XD
"noWa!"
Nowa
"Cra-woo!"

Character sheet

Postby Ifran on September 18th, 2011, 11:26 pm

Finally Ifran frowned.

"I'm sorry, but I couldn't follow that. I haven't a Chaktawe's gift for understanding birds. You're still welcome to the food, however, and I'll try to understand you."
Ifran
House of the North Winds

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Lore Author (1)

Next