[Catacombs] The Flip Of A Coin (Izdihar & Adnys)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A half-collapsed city of alabaster and gold fiercely governed by Eypharians. Even partially ruined, it is the crown of the desert and a worthy testament to old glories and rising powers.

Postby Gate on September 27th, 2011, 8:07 pm

Gate was very pleased to have new companions to accompany him on his excursion into the catacombs. He then turned towards Adnys. “I’ve actually been in Ahnatep for most of my life. Not that that is very long for either of your races.” He then turned to Izdihar. “This shall be a great experience. Onward we go!” Gate then began walking ahead of the others following the soft flickering glow of the torch behind him. “What do you know of these catacombs Izdihar?”
Seize the day, or die regretting the time you lost.
Gate
Warrior of Clay

Words: 2511
Joined roleplay: August 9th, 2011, 6:56 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet

Postby Izdihar on October 9th, 2011, 11:27 pm

"But how long is that exactly?" The Eypharian noble wanted to know.

The clock of her bare feet against time worn stones was soft as the patter of rain these catacombs had never known in living memory. She stepped around Gate, absurdly careful, as if overly concerned about the possibility that she might accidentally step on him. That would undoubtedly be borderline disgusting for all parties involved.

"The Catacombs are older than even half Ahnatep ruins," her voice felt large once she stepped beneath the archway into a chamber that held sound and threw it back. Echoes scurried with the shadows thrown from her torch, joining hands with the light of others spiking out from walls inlaid with half broken mosaics depicting the river god from whom the ruling race of Ahnatep was ultimately descended. "Pressors and Pressorahs have been laid to rest beneath Dira's protection for centuries and centuries, long before even Ekytol's annexation by the Alahean empire."

And all knew what had happened to that empire, but here Ahnatep still stood. Half buried in the sands, half drowned in the pulse of the tides, but stand it did and Alahea long dead. Izdihar sometimes wondered if Ahnatep might have liked to leave the empire's corpse on Her doorstep as an example.
Izdihar

We are either kings or pawns of men.
- Napoleon Bonaparte -
Izdihar
House of the West Winds

Words: 36658
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2010, 6:33 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Gate on November 30th, 2011, 8:08 pm

Gate marveled at the many mosaics upon the wall and enjoyed the dark beauty of the catacombs beneath the city. There was so much to see and explore in the city of Ahnatep and he still had not seen many of them. “I would say it has been about four years since I came here.” He walked along and listened to the echoing of footsteps thrown about. “This place must hold a lot of history for the city, all of these leaders laid to rest here. Will you someday be laid here? I know of places like this where my people place our dead on display. I have never visited one of these places but will eventually.” Gate’s thoughts then began to wonder and think of all the various Pycon ancestors he would see that reached their final true form and turned to stone at the end of their life.
Seize the day, or die regretting the time you lost.
Gate
Warrior of Clay

Words: 2511
Joined roleplay: August 9th, 2011, 6:56 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet

Previous