[Solo] Control & Power: Theory & Practice

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Postby Miro on September 8th, 2011, 7:25 am

26th day of Fall, 511 AV

Miro was going to start training hard for the tournament from now on. This was decided and he would not stop until he was sure nobody could stand in his way. "I have plenty of methods of taking care of people who are well armored and slow. But somebody agile like me. They are a pain. There are people who can cut me to pieces, I need to learn to use my ice to beat them." He kept having this thought over and over in his head. An attack he had been wanting to try. The winters in Taldera were harsh at times. Miro had always loved the cold, it never bothered him as much as it did others. His mother called it a gnosis. Though he loved snow deeply, when wind was blowing hard, it became painful. The millions of small hard pieces of ice being blown at your face felt as if it could cut you. Having control of ice and the wind, he wondered if he could make use of such a thing. With his powers, he could make it lethal. There are three key factors to such a thing. The first being the sharpness of each piece of ice. The second, how many pieces. And third how much energy is added to them with the wind. Three things to practice, on. If he could make them all work together right, he could throw out a field of blades that rip apart enemies.

He would focus on those things in order. First he would work on the shape. make it sharp. What was the sharpest and easiest shape to make. "I should make it flat. Have it sit like a blanket and make it stab them. Could I do that? I've never come close to making flat res. Unless I make it over my body. No, I should make them droplets. But round ones only sting. I don't need to sting, I need it to cut. What if i make it into cubes? If they had concave sides it would give them blade like ends. That could work!" Miro smirked as the shape came into mind. He pictured it as he forced a large ball of res, the size of his head. It was in a perfectly round ball, as this shape was the most natural for Miro. Force equally from all directions. He focused his mind concentrating on the res getting in tune with it. Slowly, with his hands around it, he forged a square like shape. The sides were all completely rounded, yet it had definite sides. Something like this would sting quite a bit more, possibly cutting, but it was not good enough. He imagined that making them in smaller form would be even harder. After he could do each thing individually, that was only half of the work. Combining them would be a whole new challenge.

He closed his eyes and thought hard, the shape of a cube. The slick sides, the equally proportioned shape. Perfect in every way. The sharp edges, he needed them. He opened his eyes and held his hand out over the sides and moved them back and forth. He kept moving them over each side, as if to squish the sides. He got the sides perfect, the edges were gaining edges, though the corners were far from perfect. He pulled his hands close to the rounded corners. He focused his mind on the corner. Shaking his hand left and right, he slowly pulled away. As his hand backed away, up danced the corner slowly gaining a nice exaggerated corner. It protruded from the base and was sharp. He repeated this process to each side, until all were long and sharp. He took a mental note of how they shape felt, the pressure he put on each side. It felt right, very natural, a perfect shape.

He rounded it again, feeling confident he could make the shape quicker. He focused for a moment, then began. First he swiped his hands around the ball in one quick motion. The sides were formed perfectly. The corners however were nearly nonexistent. "Focus Miro, focus!" he flicked his wrists away from the mass of res. The corners popped out, long and sharp. He smiled and marveled at his accomplishment. "The perfect shape. First step complete! Now then, why don't we move on to step two?"
Miro
Not quite Nuit, just a little undead.

Words: 1238727
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2011, 7:52 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Miro on September 8th, 2011, 8:31 am

"Now step two. This would probably be the hardest part. Two things to focus on. Making a lot of tiny res balls. Shaping them all at once. He took the mass in front of him and did something very simple. He split it down the middle, making two perfectly equal round blobs. He took of them individually using one hand on each. Then, using only one hand this time, he split it again. Now each hand held two, making four. This was easy still, he could keep going with ease. Splitting the 4 of them at once into equal parts took a moment of concentration, but was achieved flawlessly. Eight res balls were in his control. He moved them apart, guiding them with his hands. He moved them in the pattern of an eight. Slowly he began rotating them. They slowly started to blend together, Miro delighted in the display. He began rotating them as they spun. It became wobbly, but it still spun. Moving his hands around and around he increased the speed, it became a blurry translucent wall.

Miro slowed the res to a stop and brought them back to his hands. He focused on the res one at a time judging their size. He split them all after a few moments of concentration. Now, sixteen balls of res were in his hands. The size was quite a bit smaller than the original amount, but still not nearly small enough. He looked at his left hand and split the mass in half yet again. He turned to the other and did the same. Thirty-two, he was getting up there in numbers. The size was getting closer and closer, but the numbers were far to few. He looked at his left hand. He focused on the res balls and took his time splitting them. Slowly each and every one pulled apart. Eventually the desired result was achieved. He continued the process on his right hand. Now they were sixty-four in number. He was starting to feel as if holding them up was a weight. like each one weighed about a pound. It took quite a bit of his concentration to hold on to so many masses at once. He now focused on each ball, feeling their energy. He pushed his hands out in front of him, moving each of them forward. He spread them out in a large circle five feet in diameter. He clenched his hands together and focus his mind on ripping them apart into two smaller equal parts. As they started to split he opened his hands. He moved them away to his sides as the balls split.

Over a hundred tiny balls hovered in front of him. He wanted to smile, but the strain on his mind and arms was becoming too much. His arms seemed to wobble as he focused. After a few moments his head started to hurt. Focusing at one point, they slowly came together. As their numbers decreased, the control increased. The mass become one once more. Miro sighed as he felt the tax on his mind fade away. He motioned his arms around it and the shapes formed, he flicked his wrists and the corners formed as well. He split it into two perfect smaller forms then paused. It was easy. Too easy for him. There was nothing to learn from doing it in that way. He reformed the mass into one round blob. He instantly split it into eight smaller masses. From there he waved his arms and made thirty-two. Focusing he made their numbers double with another motion. He smiled at how quickly he managed this.

The shape came into his mind's eye. He moved his hands around them very slowly, focusing to make the sides. This process yielded little to no results. He cut their numbers in half. He moved his hands up and down around them. With each pass of his hands, the sides got more and more defined. He began to wave his hands in towards them, crafting the sides. He treated them like one large square mass. Before long each had a perfect shape. He felt fatigue starting in slightly. He focused as hard as possible pulling them apart. After a few chimes they came apart to make sixty-four. He felt the weight as is it was doubled however. His head started to hurt, and he tried forcing them into one mass again. Their movements were even slower than when he had double the number out. Holding the shape was not natural enough to him, now was handling so many at a time. They formed together and his mind eased.

Miro's control was beyond what he would imagine for just a day of training. His mind was feeling tired, and he felt that step two was accomplished. He smiled in triumph and readied himself for step three. This step would use actual reimancy techniques.
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Miro on September 8th, 2011, 7:50 pm

Now he was going to have to focus on casting wind attacks. He shifted the res into his offhand and pulled a small amount away. "How do i make it go fast?" He sat puzzled for a moment. There were several things he could try, but there had to be one that worked best. "I should try to compact it all, the whip the res forward as im transmuting it." It was worth a shot, how well it would work was still a mystery however. He took the res and reformed it and began pushing it together with his mind, thickening it. The res hardened into a thick gel at nearly half of its original size. It felt heavy, concentrated in his mind.

Miro cocked his hand back at his hip. His hand wall balled in a tightly clenched fist. He focused his energy to find his center. The res slowly went back as he built up internal energy. The res was now a few feet behind him. He let out a heavy sigh and focused his mind one more time. His left hand covered his left as he built up tension in the fist. He flung it forward propelling the res forward at breakneck speed. He screamed "SHO" as the thick res burst into a harsh gust of wind. His hair blew back from his face, anything lightly sitting in the room flew onto the floor. It was a good start, plenty of force behind it, but it was wild and untamed. If he used that sort of wind technique he would find himself just as injured as his enemy.

"What went wrong? I had it moving towards in the right direction, it was strong enough...how do I control it?" He hastily plopped to the floor with his legs crossed, fist to his chin. "What if I...." He sat for a moment longer thinking whether or not his thought had sound logic behind it. "I should try to spin it!" With this thought it was time to try again.

Miro focused his mind when creating the res, it was nearly solid the consistency was so thick. He shaped it to be a oblong cylinder. Slowly starting at the front tip, he began rotating it. The more he focused, the faster it spun. Before long, a humming noise could be heard coming from it. The shape was gaining length in exchange for bulk. He cocked his fist, along with the res into position. Readied his mind around the drilling res, then reached his center. A fierce punch forward sent the res shooting forward rapidly. Miro screamed "SHO" as the res transformed into a torrent of energy. The things that had fallen on the floor from his last attempt now moved forward rapidly towards the twister and even some of the lighter furniture moved slightly. Miro felt a slight tug on his body as if it were pulling him forward. The room echoed with a loud whooshing noise. The effects dispelled a few moments after colliding with the wall loudly. A large grin spread across Miro's face. "That is what I wanted. That looks like it would be painful to be hit with even without shards of ice in it." He felt a little headache coming on from focusing his mind so much. Walking over to the bed, he took a small break to let everything he had done set in. "Step three complete. Now, why don't we put it all together now."
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Miro on September 8th, 2011, 8:31 pm

Miro, sitting on the bed, began to produce a smaller ball of res in his hands. He split into several smaller pieces and used his hands to shape them as he walked over to the table. Once he was satisfied with them he transmuted them to ice, then made several more small balls. After he was satisfied they were shaped correctly, he added them to the others. He continued this process until he had a decent sized pile.

Creating a flattened circular res platform was easy. He slid the tiny perfectly crafted diamonds onto its center. They scattered all over the res, sinking in slightly. Carefully he began to roll it into a more cylindrical shape. He moved his efforts outside to practice on a target. He choose his target and lined himself up correctly.

Once he had the shape and consistency right, he began spinning it. The preparations were all nearing their finishing stages. He assumed his stance, arm cocked back and took a slight moment to ready his mind. He slowly started to roar up his voice into a yell as he focused his energies into the attack. He assured his aim on the target as the res started to spin at a wicked speed, making a buzzing sound. Throwing his fist, he launched the attack. A roaring shout of "SHO" transmuted the res into a savage typhoon. Miro fell backwards as the attack sailed forward with tremendous force. It appeared to be a shimmering vortex of white and blue that moved with absolute force and purpose. A loud shredding noise sounded through the courtyard as it met its target.

After a few moments the attack stopped leaving nothing but dust of shimmering ice in the air. Before long the cloud subsided and Miro walked up to observe the damage inflicted to the dummy. All over the dummy laid small incisions. They were only a centimeter or so in depth, but the number of cuts was astounding. No area on the front side of the dummy was left untouched. It was looking quite frayed and he wondered how long it would survive his training. He walked around to the rear side to find that there was nearly no damage done. What was left he couldn't be sure whether it was new or from previous attacks.

Miro fell back onto the floor breathing heavy. He was feeling pretty exhausted. The process was mentally taxing, and he had not taken a decent break in a bells. As he looked up, he noted that the day was fading and night was taking his place. He wondered how long he had been at it. None of that really mattered though, he had achieved what he set out to. A new attack, just in time too. Smiling he shut his eyes and took a nice lengthy time to relax. "Training complete! Good job Miro..."
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Fallacy on September 9th, 2011, 4:06 am

XP Award!

Name:Miro
XP Award:
  • Organization- 1
  • Mathematics- 1
  • Meditation- 3
  • Reimancy- 4
Lore:
  • Memories of snow
  • Making a list
  • Reimancy: Res Manipulation (Basic)
  • Reimancy: Res Experimentation (Basic)
  • Edges on Edges
  • Putting it all together
  • Reimancy Special Attack: Diamond Dust
Notes:

Very interesting use of Reimancy. I took the liberty of naming the attack, if you don’t like it feel free to change it. It will be interesting to see what happens when he gets really good at this attack.

Any questions or concerns about the rewards gained please send a PM :)

12 hour shifts have started, and Im working 6-7 days a week mandatory overtime. My replies will be slow until I can adjust to this new groove.
Fallacy
I think you're crazy just like me.

Words: 493223
Joined roleplay: June 23rd, 2011, 7:58 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)