Trial and Error (Miro)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Trial and Error (Miro)

Postby Fallacy on September 15th, 2011, 5:47 am

The girl smiled and stood up glancing out the window, not that she would see anything, and she shrugged, ”How would I know, kid?” she told him quite bluntly. ”You want a hint?” she said a sly smile crossing her face, ”How about you try looking for anything out of the ordinary. That’s a start.” she said crossing her arms, ”I’ve been imprisoned here for far too long, and my memory is a little hazy.” she said as if she was actually starting to remember something, ”The noble Mizgan mentioned something about, oh gods help me,” she said putting a hand to her head, ”something about the key following sorrow and how those who know its face will find the hiding place.” she said with a grin, ”Is that helpful?” she asked.

Armed with that information, what would Miro do? Turning to stare at the sea of stone faces, each carrying a different emotion, finding one in this mass was going to be a challenge, or was it? An observant person would find that the trees are placed in a clever pattern, and although it looks like each tree is carrying a different emotion it is just the same base emotion but at a different level. Like there was the emotion of ‘anger’ and then the face would get worse portraying ‘rage’ and then ‘pissed’ and so on and so forth until it got back to anger again. The observant one would also notice that the trees portraying the same base emotion are usually three to four trees apart from each other. Now, if one were to figure this out they could easily spot the base emotion of sorrow and attempt to follow it.

After finding the trees of sorrow and following them, or trying to the best of his ability, he would come to an abrupt stop. For before him would be a trees whose size was at least triple that of all the other trees he had seen so far, and out of all the sorrow trees it looked the saddest. Giant roots would be present arching out of the ground before diving right back in. Then, if Miro would look, the roots would appear again, arching out of the ground and going back in. The key follows sorrow. He had found the saddest tree, now what?

12 hour shifts have started, and Im working 6-7 days a week mandatory overtime. My replies will be slow until I can adjust to this new groove.
Fallacy
I think you're crazy just like me.

Words: 493223
Joined roleplay: June 23rd, 2011, 7:58 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)

Trial and Error (Miro)

Postby Miro on September 16th, 2011, 6:18 am

Miro thought about the hints being told to him. Following sorrow, it was very apparent to Miro what he had to do. He hated those creepy trees. He looked down at Griever in his hand and sighed. Without saying anything Miro traveled back away from the small building. He walked up to the nearest tree and noted that it was smirking slightly. It wasn't very creepy at all. It seemed quite pleased looking. The next one was scowling harshly, Miro let out a whimper and went to the next one. This one was sticking its tongue out at him. Again Miro quickly went to the next one. The next had a blank expressionless face. Miro went to the next, again this one was quite pleasant to look at. It had another slightly happy face. There was a crease on each side of its face, hinting at a smile. Its stare was lighthearted. It made him smile a bit. He went onto the next one, this looking slightly upset. The next looked confused. The one after it had jealousy written all over it. The next again seemed mad. Then the next one he came across had the familiar happiness about it. This one had a full smile. Its eyes narrowed and carefree, as if it were close to laughing. Miro smiled a bit more, heading on. He started to look forward to seeing the happy ones while searching out the most sorrowful one for a clue. The next few were various other emotions, none looking too sad, then another happy one. This one appeared to have a full smile on his face as if he was enjoying himself very much.

Suddenly it hit him. This was a pattern. The happy faces were becoming more and more happy, with a few other random faces in between. It appeared to be the only common thing between them. Miro walked back a row, coming across a sorrowful looking face. He moved over a few trees to find it to not be increasingly sad. He continued to search for a trail of sad faces. Finally, a face with a deep frown on its face appeared. A few trees away another tree, this one on the verge of crying. He ran down, following the trail of faces, watching them get more and more upset until something amazing came into sight.

Miro stopped, staring at this marvelous sight. A grand tree, seeming several times larger than the rest. Its face made Miro want to look away. It appeared to actually be crying. A large grimace was spread across its face. As Miro listened carefully he heard a faint whining coming from it. Miro took his sight away from the pitiful looking tree, lowing it to the ground. Roots danced up and down through the ground. After moving out so far they would retract. One root however trailed out much further than the rest. It was quite large, and moving at a rapid pace, despite it taking much longer to retract than the others. As it pulled back Miro ran up and hopped onto it holding firmly. It crashed him into the ground for a moment before another arching piece of root scooped him off of his feet again moving him a few inches. Miro hopped to his feet, lunging forward landing on a root lifting out of the ground in front of him. He continued to jump from root to root until he landed on the ground. He turned back and watched the root retract back the path which it came from. He wasn't exactly sure what following this root would do for him, but it seemed like the thing to do. Especially after what he saw next.
Miro
Not quite Nuit, just a little undead.

Words: 1238727
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2011, 7:52 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Trial and Error (Miro)

Postby Fallacy on September 18th, 2011, 7:17 pm

What the boy would see next would be unlike anything he has seen before, even with the forest of faces and the maiden locked away in a stone tomb. This one, this sight takes the cake. The roots had lead him on a little known path, the roots acting as a guide to those who sought true misery, true sadness, true loneliness, and true sorrow. There would be a thick air of grief suspended in time, a feeling that floated above and around Miro. Unshakable was this feeling of dread, this tear wrenching sadness.

Accompanying this feeling was an equally sad looking place. Worn stone steps lead their way up to huge gates, walls of doors boasting a couple of the saddest faces that Miro would ever see. Their look would compel whoever beheld them to want to cry, the feeling in the air encouraging of the action. Though the steps would trail their way down to Miros feet. Here was the beginning, and following the first clue he had found this temple-like building. Those who know sorrows face will find the hiding place.

Was this the hiding place for the key? The boy had to wonder as he ascended the stairs, the gloom of the place dampening the mood even more. At either side of the walkway would be trees, trunks of stone and leaves of purple. The trees themselves taking the likeliness of weeping willows and with each tree he would walk past he could feel the sorrow deepening, and feel his heart sinking. Could he go on? Will he go on and deeper into the depressed state of mind?

This place seemed to the essence of sorrow itself, the complete manifestation of the emotion, but such emotions can easily turn violent to blind rage and hate. Even before the boy could reach the top of the stairs there was sound behind him. Again, climbing after him step by step were the creatures of the earth again. Their sharp teeth bared, their mouths opened and let out a screech, the sound resounding around the area, the echo seeming to draw more and more as hands ripped from the ground around the stairs and more and more came to rise. The one that had screeched lunged at the boy attempting to rip into his arm.

Now the boy surrounded what would he do? The creatures of stone, the Yukmen only had one goal and that was to rip him apart.

12 hour shifts have started, and Im working 6-7 days a week mandatory overtime. My replies will be slow until I can adjust to this new groove.
Fallacy

Office
Scrapbook

Trial and Error (Miro)

Postby Miro on September 20th, 2011, 6:18 am

Walking along the path that the roots set before him was becoming worse with each step. The presence of the place was despondent, taking its toll on Miro's morale. "I didn't even want to look through these damn stupid creeper trees, and now there is a shitty palace...It's all so hopeless..so...so..SO STUPID!" Miro pouted and crossed his arms. He was getting frustrated, displeased with the predicament forced upon him. Eyes starting to well with tears, showing his dissatisfied mood. Each step he let out a slight moan, as if he was pain.

Looking up he was greeted by a pair of horrid melancholy faces, much worse than those of the trees. Miro stopped dragging his feet along and looked at the faces, tears began to roll down his cheeks. "Kinneas, I'm sorry I didn't listen to you...I know I shouldn't wander into places, so please come get me! I don't like it here!" Miro sat down for a moment and began to sob. His eyes faded an empty hollowed grey. He buried his face into his knees and let all of his regrets pour out.

A few more chimes passed, and Miro looked up, hoping he had drawn some attention to himself, as a child would. The feeling started to really set in. The loneliness that surrounded him. There was nobody for him to lean on, but himself. Oh, except of course the reason he had continued this way in the first place. The sole reason for doing what he did not want to do. No more could he be selfish, and no longer would he be alone. As long as Griever was by his side he never had to beg for attention or help.

Wiping his face he stood, placing a hand on Grievers hilt. With his other hand he began to make an amount of res capable of storing the ice holding Griever to his hip. With a motion he moved the res around the belt of ice, melting and containing it. Griever fell into his hands and the pain of being alone melted away. He dried the wetness that remained on his face with his res pool and began to walk forward once more. His eyes took a piercing color, resembling shattered ice.

The res came to rest on his shoulder, Hand firmly gripped on his companion. The sorrow still filled him, takings its slight toll, growing with each inch he took. It didn't take his ambition from him, not in the least. It only fueled him, bringing Griever closer to him. Their pain became one, bringing them to one soul. No longer did it seem that they were only connected by touch. He couldn't be sure where the line of separation between the two sat anymore. Griever, it seemed, formed his handle deep into Miro's grip, flowing into his hand perfectly. Miro's hand wrapped around the bone, taking perfect hold, anchoring his hold. The sheathing lay on the blade still, letting him lay to rest for now. But the connection between them could be felt just the same, as if he were an extension of Miro's arm.

Each step took a bit more of a toll, tightening the bond betwixt the duo. His weight shifted to Griever every other step, lessening his burden. Still, the atmosphere was dismal, and it would be safe to say that this was the easy part. The trees were beautiful, with leaves hanging from branches that took a peculiar shape. The tree's limbs lazily drooped around him, forcing the mood even further. Whoever had locked the woman up had not wanted her free by any means. "Why must people go through such elaborate means to keep things hidden? Riddles and routes through forests and faces. It's all too much. Why wouldn't one just kill her? She can't be THAT powerful...can she? If so then how did he g..." Miro's though was cut short. Behind his he heard a noise. Feet following behind, trailing near were steps. He ignored the sound and moved more quickly now. Chills ran down his spine, causing him to shiver slightly. He slowly started to turn right as he saw it, another group of abomination from the earth. A sharp shriek sounded through the air adding fear to the sorrow that resided in Miro's heart. Five creatures standing a yard or so away and closing the gap fast.

Quickly Miro took a defensive stance drawing Griever from his sheathe. He drew the sheathing into the pool of res and shaped a sharp curved blade. The res transmuted to ice and he lunged forward letting Griever lead the way. Their formation was manageable to fight at once. The first leading alone, then the last four trailing a few feet behind closely together in a diamond shape. Miro lunged forward, ducking low and sliced the outside portion of a leg, hoping to cleave it off. The blade dug in a few inches doing very little damage. Miro kept moving, knowing he didn't have the enthusiasm to tear through the rocky hides. More and more sprouted upwards from the earth around the stairs. Now their numbers must have doubled, there were ten or perhaps even a dozen. They were on each side of him, and all coming closer. The one at the bottom of the stairs would be his target, an easy prey. Each step he moved away from the temple fueled the fire in his heart, giving his strength back. Djed flooded into sword arm, and his heart padded soundly in his chest.

Miro ran down the stairs, using the downward angle to gain speed. As he thrust his blade through its midsection, a claw came down on Miro's shoulder drawing blood. The top half fell forward still moving about. Now, the others turned and flowed towards him slowly picking up speed from the hill. A few fell over, falling on their faces. Miro returned Griever to his sheathe and placed the ice blade under the creatures head. He let his foot crash hard on its head, slicing it off with ease. "One down." The ice around his sheathe was looking weak, the rock was much too strong for hastily made ice to continue to cut with. Miro turned and ran to the nearest tree. With his momentum still moving forwards, he leaped, placing one foot on the angry looking face and pushing upwards and clung onto a branch. He would wait for them to gather and attempt to take them out all at once. Well, he hoped he could do so.
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Trial and Error (Miro)

Postby Fallacy on September 21st, 2011, 7:26 am

The beasts of this place knew no shame, they would pull no punches, nor would they back off. Seeing one of their ranks being destroyed only fueled their feral desire to rip the boy apart. More and more staggered towards him, screeches filling the air with echo’s, and even more seemed to come from the earth. Hands rising out the ground and slowly dragging their bodies of earth up, for what could be a more terrifying sight than seeing the enemy rise from the ground itself?

How could he keep up this pace? How could the boy face an enemy that was infinite? The simple fact was that he cannot, no one can take down an enemy with such numbers. Another came from behind Miro and tried to claw at him again, another came and he was surrounded, Yukman everywhere. It seemed hopeless, and with the cloud of sadness lingering over this place it seemed more dim and gloomy. Everything was real, this sadness was real, this place was real, these monsters were real, and so was his fate.

If he would swing that ice made scythe again it would crack and break over a Yukman. The realization that not even ice reimancy was going to save him, who was? How could he not die? He has come all this way; he has traveled to Alvadas with Kinneas and survived… He survived, and now was not the time for him to die. Today wasn’t his day sure, but he would refuse to die. With this new realization in mind, he needed to live, he needed to go on. His journey was too short, there had to more than this. There had to. Then, then Alvadas smiled on him.

Just as the group of monsters surrounded him and they all were about to come down with all their force, just as he was bracing himself, and one last screech was let out, but then nothing. Nothing happened. The Yukman were gone. ”Alvadas smiles on you” a voice came from a man that definitely wasn’t there before. In place of where the Yuman in front of him was the man, he wore all white but his robes were decorated green swirls that moved across his robes, a green snake in a sea of white. ”Child, what are you doing here?” he asked, a white staff topped with a green triangle gripped lightly in his hand. The staff itself didn’t look like anything special but that is just perception. The man looked old, wrinkled face, white beard, but he was healthy.

Both hands rested on the staff as he looked up at the temple doors, ”What a sad place.” he said, ”No one should be here of all places. Why don’t you come to me? We can get out of this dismal place.” a smile spread across his face as he started walking and looked over his shoulder, ”Child no one should know the sorrow that lies within that place.” A hand came up as if reaching for a door knob and then, slowly, a door started to fade into reality. At first the door was transparent, and soon it looked that it was getting solider, the trees that could once be seen within the door fading until nothing could be seen but the door itself. Such a portal looked quite plain to appear out of nowhere, just a regular wooden door with a plain looking handle. A hand fell on the handle and he pushed the door open. His savior was leaving, was he going to follow, ”Boy, you have a choice. Come with me or continue on your path of sorrow, and self-destruction.” There was a wise look in his eyes, a flame of knowledge seemed to light them. Was he the one that made the yukmen disappear? How, how could he do that? What was his game, his deal, his slant.

Fallacy

Office
Scrapbook

Trial and Error (Miro)

Postby Miro on September 22nd, 2011, 3:10 am

Miro clung to the tree slowly losing his grip as the hope of survival lessened. The creatures were flocking in, becoming an endless mass. The sound of screams and claws ripping at the tree below caused Miro to close his eyes and wish it would all go away. His nails wouldn't dig into the hard rock, but that would not keep him from trying. Slowly he started to lose grip, sliding down to the ground. Griever was loosely hanging from his arm, threatening to fall to the horde that waited with claws outstretched.

He couldn't take it any longer, his hands ached from gripping and the screeches made his eyes water. Finally it was time to accept his fate. "Morwen...Ionu...please have mercy on me!" Miro released his grip clenching his eyes shut and he dropped to the ground. His feet landed and he rolled back cowering, awaiting his demise. But, nothing came. No pain from his flesh being ripped. Was he dead? Just as he started to open an eye to peak a voice came booming towards him. Hearing the man speak startled him, causing him to fall back. Miro's eyes flashed orange and he gripped his chest as he heart pounded rapidly. Before him stood an old man. His robes were decorative and beautiful. His staff, it was interesting to say the least. "Yeah, it smiles as it sends legions of earth spawn after me." Miro stood and brushed his pants off. He didn't know or care what happened to the creatures. Fate was obviously on his side. "I don't know why I am here honestly. I fell into a hole and met a beautiful girl trapped in a cell. She sent me here, with promises of helping my partner, Griever." Miro lifted the cane up to show the man his reason for being here. "I don't like this place, but she promised to fix him. It is awful, sad, but I don't know that i can turn back now, no matter how dismal it is!"

Miro watched as the man slowly opened what seemed to be a hole in existence. Slowly, what appeared to be a doorway began to form until it was undeniable. Miro stared in awe at such a display. Surely, such magic was powerful, and more importantly useful. Slowly the man walked through the door, leaving Miro behind. Was he on a path of self-destruction? Would Griever be upset that he strayed from the journey to help him? This woman was doing nothing but making promises, but could she back them up, and if so, would he regret it afterwards? There was no time to think, he could do that later of course.

Miro lunged forward, following the man through the door. The look he gave him, his presence, all hinted that his man was wise and kind. He did not fear him nor expect any harm to come from him. The same could not be said from the other woman however. And, was it possible that he was saved by this man? "I bet my dad is like this man. Wise, kind, powerful." "I don't know who you are, or if i can trust you...but I will sort all of this out soon."
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Trial and Error (Miro)

Postby Fallacy on September 27th, 2011, 9:12 pm

Through the door would be an opal colored room, the walls would look at the same both straight and crooked, slanted like they should not be able to form corners, but somehow they were there. The parameters of the room itself was unusual and so was its layout in the shape of an octagon, each wall having a door connected to it. Having stepped through the man smiled at the boy, ”So a lady sent you there?” he asked. In closer observation the room had furniture in it, all opal in color. From bookcases out in the middle of the room to desks and tables and even there was on comfy looking couch. Many things were present, even pictures that were suspended in the air, illusion or reality, what it was could not be told. Maybe illusion here is reality?

The man took his seat behind a desk, the desk itself was kept tidy with only a couple of books on it, both of the stacked on atop another the titles revealed that they were both related to Ionu and seemed to carry complex theory on illusion and the nature of Alvadas itself. Curiously also on the desk was an open ink phial with a quill dipped into it, could this man be editing the books that he spent money on? Who was he and what was this place? ”You fell down here?” the question not meant to be answered as he pondered what could be happening, ”My boy it seems some higher power here calls to you and lead you to this woman, but its important that she not be released.” his voice was firm and unquestionable on this statement as a hand went up ever so slightly to stroke his beard, ”She is a monster that only seeks power. A temptress that is only out for her own good, she will lie to get what she wants and what she offered to do to your sword, to fix it, is impossible.” there was a moment of silence, ”That sword you carry is beyond repair. Anyone who says otherwise is a fool or they don’t know the extent of their own abilities.” he told him hoping the boy would have a seat soon.

”Yes, it is quite curious that you would be flung down here, to the underground of Alvadas only to meet her.” he went on, ”This place is not for children and she uses weak minded people to her own advantage. Anyone seeking power she will offer to unlock their true abilities, but there is always a catch. So, Im glad I found you when I did.” he smiled at him, ”I am Yasminy. What is your name, boy?” he asked, his eyes even smiling after all that he said. ”Welcome, to the other side of sanity. This place is where the darker side of illusion manifests itself, the city is careful not to let any of this surface where people may wander, but I guess even in her prison Yagame was able to reach out to one person.” he concluded.

”She is a skillful one, she is. It seems even Alvadas cannot keep her still.”there was a frown forming on his face, ”Maybe I should do what should have been done a long time ago.” he got up, ”But I will need your help.” he looked at the boy, ”Help me kill Yagame and I will give you something greater than the power she offers.” Such an offer form out of the blue, and the old man speaking like that… What was miro to think? He now had a choice, stick to his word and help Yagame, or turn against her on a whim of an old man and kill her. Or, would he take the middle ground and ask for more information?

Fallacy

Office
Scrapbook

Trial and Error (Miro)

Postby Miro on September 27th, 2011, 10:39 pm

Miro listened to the man explain. The room was nice and confusing at the same time, but it was all a bit too flashy to care about. It seemed this man had interesting power. As he went on, Miro became less and less entertained with the idea. First, he starts by telling him Griever wasn't worth his time, then insulting him, and finally asking him to kill somebody who offered to help him. "How do I know that these roles are not reversed? I'm sure you wouldn't be surprised to hear that she said the same of you. However, I do notice that she is sealed away, and you need my help. It would be safe to assume that she is more powerful than you. And yet you claim she overestimates her own power. Perhaps, it is you who is lying. You're too weak to aid me in my pursuit to fix my blade, and instead you offer me something of greater power. And you also say that there is always a catch. Since you knew of her sending me to the temple, a catch in itself, and you assume there is more..and you also offer me a trial, does that mean that here too, in your offer is a catch? You offer greater power, and call me a weak minded child. I will not be so quick to aid you, but if I feel you start to turn on me, I will end you...old man." Miro's countenance was stern, and his gaze was fixed on the old mans eyes. He appeared to be kind, and he did save him. But anybody finding use in him would do the same. "Can you explain why Alvadas brought me to her, and not you? And what is this power you offer me? Also, this woman, she is very powerful. Together, we can take her perhaps, but I still see a potential gain from her, perhaps more than you could ever hope to offer. Who is to say, I won't take advantage of the situation and take form both of you. Have you knowledge, perhaps in those books of yours on a term called incentive? Show me an example of your power, give me this power of yours, and if it is truly as great as you claim, I will test its might on the woman. A true kindhearted man would trust in me, seeing that I am full of courage and valor. I seek power, for the purpose of destroying those who would come to harm the people I care of. I planned on ending this woman, if it came to her turning on me. The same could be said of you, to the best of my ability that is. She spoke of destroying of another mans work, whether this is true or not remains to be determined. Something about using illusion as a weapon. That seems like something one of an evil intent would do, does it not. You seem to have a firm grasp on using illusion in...curious ways. That doorway, these furnishings. It is not too far of a stretch of the mind to view you creating a blade now is it? I can see, you are quite well in tuned with our fair goddess Ionu. Deception is something a citizen of Alvadas faces every day, even naive children such as I. So, perhaps you can give me this strength promised, escort me to her, and keep her trapped and assist me in battle." Miro offered his hand to the old man as he walked up. His eyes were a bright yellow, and he tried to let the burden of his choice fall away, allowing Lhex to take control. "Prove to me, my good man, that you are indeed the one to be trusted. I will know deep down, in the center of my soul if you are genuine. As I am sure you can see about me. The only question is, do you fear my intentions, or will you rally behind my blade and end this once and for all. Unless...all of this talk is just that..talk."
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Trial and Error (Miro)

Postby Fallacy on September 28th, 2011, 12:19 am

The old man listened to what the kid had to say, a soft smile growing on his lips as he listened. When it seemed the boy was done the man laughed, the laugh seemed to come from deep down and seemed almost too joyful, ”Child your words only prove how empty minded you really are. You vomit your words without thought, and you question your elders and the way of Alvadas. You, child, are one easily manipulated because you think you are so smart. Time hones the edge of judgment, and you, child, have not been around to have that edge honed as sharp as mine. Arrogant children questioning…” he turned away, ”Alvadas isn’t meant to be understood, it is only meant to be. The concept of such a place is so deep, so ancient, so old that we have no right to question it; only to exist in its glory. You children with your questions and feeble minds, of course there always strings attached. Stings are always present, stings are what bind your reality to my reality. They are the glue that bind people together. Strings exist, and they always will until time uses its last spool. Then, then the true end will come.” he watched the boys, his eyes glistening what a formidable power.

He would cough, a deep sound resonating throughout his being as he coughed again and again, ”You say I need your help, but if I were but five years younger I could take her. Age, as it sharpens the blade of judgment dulls the one of the senses. Children ask such simple questions, why did Alvadas bring you to her. The answer is simple because she wanted Alvadas to.” his eyes now seemed distant as he talked on, ”Children also view power as a thing they can wield around, like that sword of yours, but real power is earned. Real power cannot be wielded like a sword, but its silent, its passive, it ever present. A sword can be taken, but the power I offer you cannot. The gift is rather simple.” with that he took a step towards Miro and extended his hand with the staff, ”Master the staff, and you will have mastered yourself. The staff is the pillar of power for all magic users. The staff is the pentacle of discipline, it both becomes and prepares the mage for greater things. My gift to you is discipline. Something that a lot of youth seem to be missing, will you accept it?”

He waited for a moment, ”With enough discipline one can move mountains, do feats that even the gods will bow to. Discipline is far greater than power for it takes heart, while power only takes a sword. Sometimes people misperceive power and discipline. You, child, seem to do exactly that.” He laughed, ”Or are you too narrow minded to see the whole? I have seen how quick you are to jump to conclusions. You say that you face deception every day, but that is all a matter of perception, what can be deception to you can be truth in Alvadas. This place is much more complex than you can ever hope to imagine. ”

He would cut off and if Miro would take hold of the staff that the old man offered him, ”That staff is called Ionu’s Light. It has been passed down from priest to priest, family member to family member. This staff, believe it or not, is older than I am.” the old man took a light laugh at his attempt of humor”I give it to you in hopes that you will find true power within it and learn the lessons such a piece can teach you.” his eyes seemed to smile as he talked about it.

The staff itself was as plain as ever, white painted wood, polished, when touched it seemed to hold within a kind of power though barely sensed. The green triangle that topped it seemed out of place as ever as it came up past Miros head. It would feel sturdy though, dependable, even light for its size. It was like the staff not looking fancy was an illusion all itself, a deception upon those that take things on face value.

Fallacy

Office
Scrapbook

Trial and Error (Miro)

Postby Miro on September 28th, 2011, 3:29 am

Miro smiled as the old man proceeded to laugh at his offer. This man was not as smart as he would like to think, but he seemed to be honest. "You old man, have Ionu's hand covering your face. One always has the right to ask questions, no matter what. Simply assuming one is wiser, greater, smarter just because of ones apparent age and a few words tossed around is a path leading to folly. One can not determine what I think, or what was intended by my words. As a matter of fact, it seems they had fooled you. But no, I wouldn't assume somebody who think their self a god to be tricked by such things, keep tricking your own mind. I may be arrogant, but I am NOT a fool. You come to such quick rash conclusions that it is hard for me to follow you. However, you seem to have a heart in the right place, and that is what truly matters. I will gladly follow a fool any day. I do not question Lhex, asking him where I am wanted or what the result will be. I only ask myself how I will make the experience fun." Miro looked over at the man, glancing him over one more time.

"You speak as if there is only one sort of real power. I am young, and every day I grow stronger, faster, smarter. You on the other hand, you...what is it you grow in...desperation? A way to sort out the tasks left in this world so that you can begin as a new young fool. I am the essence of envy for you, am I not? Young, foolish, eager to gain. It is exactly what you miss, your youth. Real power can be wielded. It is wielded with every breath you take, as an influence, a reason to change the world to be more perfect. I do not wish to sway the world with a swing of my blade. But that does not stop me from knowing the power it holds. Power is a tool, irrelevant really. What matters is the one who uses it. Every day, I grow one step closer to mastering myself. Part of me envies you. At the end of your journey, finishing up the last few tasks left in this world. You speak with hope in your voice. I can see your inner child shining through my friend. Can you see my inner crabby old man?" Miro laughed at the man. "Like I said before, valorous as ever..I will take up arms with you. There is much I could learn from you, and whether you like it or not I will learn. Discipline, how dreary a lesson. Only fitting coming from a man who's words drag the soul to the ground."

Miro reached out a hand grabbing the staff firmly. His eyes began to water up. Tears ran down his face as he looked up at the man. "I cannot accept such a gift! Especially one with a history such as this. I am no priest, and I...are..." Miro felt a deep wound in his heart, more sadness than the forsaken temple could ever hope to deliver. Only this was not pain that would slow him down, but rather one that would push him. Inspiring hope deep down. A light to lead him through the clouds of illusion. "I was only kidding about the power you big idiot!" Miro said, wiping the tears from his face. He smiled a big childish grin up at this man. He held the staff examining it in detail. It felt...right. The aged wisdom as such an artifact would hold would be bewildering to any but the gods themselves. "I don't know how to repay you for this, but I do know where I will start. If you can remove the seal off of this woman...Yagame was it? If you can remove the seal from her prison, it will be apparent that you were the one who sealed her. I am in your debt, and though I know your words to be true, it does not matter. You are right, but only partially. I can be manipulated, though it is not as easy as you would think. Though, you DO seem to have an easy time with it. Kindness such as this has humbled me. I will help you end this matter. Perhaps afterwards your old bones can take a rest." Miro looked to Griever in his other hand. "I was a fool to think of 'fixing' you. You are my companion still, even if you refuse to take a life. Just try not to get too jealous of my new friend." He began to form res around his body. The res formed a band over his right shoulder and down his left side. He placed Griever in the res so that he may draw him with his left hand if he so chose. He transmuted the ice and held the staff with both hands in front of him. "I don't know what to think of you, but you are a beautiful treasure." Miro hugged the staff close and looked back to the man. [b]"I almost forgot, I am Miro, and it is a pleasure to meet you, Yasminy. Shall we proceed, or do you need to prepare?
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

PreviousNext