[Akeldama Colosseum] The Beast Inside (Miro & Keido)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Postby Miro on September 10th, 2011, 11:54 pm

10th day of Fall, 511 AV

Miro woke up from a long tiring nap. His hair was a mess, his things were scattered across his room. He grabbed his clothing, dressed himself, and headed out. He shut the door quietly with a yawn, still quite tired. The sun was out and shining down on the world around. He smiled as the soft rays hit his flesh and clothing and began to walk about town, waking himself up as he went.

He passed a few sites, the usual things he would see, but none of them appealed to him today. His walk continued for a short while longer until he saw a familiar sight. One of his favorite places in all of Alvadas, the Akeldama Colosseum. Familiar black gates invited him in. He followed the short path entering the main building. It appeared timeless, as if it had long since forgotten the meaning of time, or showing grace in its ancient structure. Miro ran his hand along the massive structure, feeling for its soul. Perhaps just by touching it, some of its experience would become a part of him. A few moments passed, and it was time to enter.

Miro was waking up now, still feeling slightly rusty, but ready to fight. He would go in, but avoid Shale for now. Shale had this tendency to throw people into a fight long before they were ready. It was too early in Miro's day for him to push himself. Once he was ready, he would choose a suitable fight. Perhaps today he would take it easy, though such things were usually not in his hands. He left his fate to Lhex, as usual, and of course whatever twists Ionu may throw in. Lastly, whatever Shale may throw into the mix. The chances of such a day were slim, but Miro trusted his fate to the world around him. There was no place he would be going, his time in the Mizahar was not nearly over. With a sigh Miro sat down out of view anybody but those just entering the place. There was always the option of leaving, if he did not feel up to a fight. His mind flashed to the memory of his first time in this building. He had two new friends with him, giving him courage. They brought out the best in him. If only they were here now, he could fight with passion, fervor, putting his heart into the art of killing. He needed a brother in arms, somebody to depend on him, and to depend on himself. He sat back with a smile on his face, still daydreaming.
Miro
Not quite Nuit, just a little undead.

Words: 1238727
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2011, 7:52 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Keido on September 11th, 2011, 9:51 am

Keido had a plan today. And that plan was going to the Colosseum again. To him that was the safest place possible in Alvadas. At least he knew where the dangers were and those were his opponents. Not like that messed up Garden of No Return. He probably won't be going back there for quite a while until he was better prepared.

He took the trip to the Colosseum as a warm up since he already decided to fight today. Keido started off with throwing his foot to the front and pressing on his knee. Once he felt the strain, he let it rest and threw the other to do the same. After the joints in his legs limbered up, he was off through the streets of Alvadas.

Running down the streets made him pass by a lot of different people. When Keido stamped his foot down hard to keep the blood in his legs pumping, he could see onlookers looking straight at him. Wondering what he was doing. With a smile, Keido would wave as he stamped the other foot to the front continuing his movement. He was not going too fast. Just enough to get him ready for the day ahead.

The first person Keido always had to meet there is Shale. The man always has the same idea. Profit and entertainment. If you knew that it was better since it also means you know what you have to expect from him.

"Wait your turn, wait your turn" Shale told him, having his attention on the current match.

So Keido just patiently waited for the kelvic to get to him. He was still puffing and panting from his run but it was a good feeling. His body was prepared and but about the other. He took a seat at the ground. His chest pounding hard still from the running. Keido closed his eyes and tried to focus on it. Taking deeper and longer breaths over and over again until it settled down. Then to control it further, he took in his breath less and shorter until it became normal again. After he was done he continued. Trying to keep calm and prepare himself for whatever Shale would throw at them.
Keido is now dead as of 34th of Fall, 511 AV (16th of September, 2011). I will do my best to finish all existing threads before I retire him so people with him right now don't worry.
Keido
A Naive fool in the City of Illusions

Words: 134206
Joined roleplay: August 21st, 2011, 10:45 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Miro on September 11th, 2011, 7:29 pm

Miro watched as a man came in through the door, panting and wheezing as if he had been running too long. Miro let out a slight cackle as he walked up to Shale and got blown off. He wondered if he was new here, or if he was overly eager to get out and fight. The man sat down, catching his breath, waiting for his turn.

Miro let out a lengthy loud yawn as he walked over, placing his foot on the shoulder of the man who was now breathing quietly. "You look like you're here for a reason. That reason would be fighting. I am going to fight here too, and you may not know it, but I am the greatest fighter to ever walk through these doors. If you want to stick with me, I can teach you a thing or two. Name's Miro. Though, if you want, you can call me master." Miro smiled down, showing his sharp teeth. He had a pleasant happiness in his gaze, making it unclear if he was joking. He removed his foot from the mans shoulder and walked towards Shale. Slowly he began to emit a thick concentrated res from every pore of his body, before long he would amass a large pool to pull from.

"Shale, hurry it up with the next fight already, damn it! I'm here with one of the greatest fighters I have ever seen and you are keeping those pathetic wannabees out to fight? You better hope it ends quickly, before your customers ."Shale was taken aback for a moment, being bombarded by info from a man he hardly knew. He did however have a point. The crowds were not screaming enough, they seemed bored. He paused for a moment as if he was thinking of something. "Please excuse me, I do believe I left open the animal cages...I sure hope none of them get out!" He then proceeded to run out of the room. A chime later loud yelps could be heard, sounding as if an animal were being killed. Then a few moments later, human screams. Shale rushed back into the room. "Quickly, you NEED to get out there! A horrible creature somehow got loose...totally on its own. And now, it's horrible, the tsana is out there, and I think it killed my poor contestants, and even worse my favorite wolves!

He pushed them both, forcing them out and through the hall. The gates lifted right as they approached them. One final shove put them out in the sandy, blood soaked arena. Shale stayed safely on the other side of the black gates fell down into place. "Do watch out for the claws...and the teeth...oh and it is quite fast! Shale began to laugh loudly as he turned and walked back through the hall. He left out the other means of fighting the creature had, its large powerful tail.

Miro looked over at the arena around him. There were corpses, both animal and human, but he did not have time to examine them. He thought of how his new friend was reacting, but that mattered little now. They were there, and he was going to have to fight or die. However, what did matter he had fixed into his gaze. It was dark, very dark. Black and brown patterns riddled its flesh and it looked hardy. In just a few moments it cleared the field. his heart pounded in his chest, his knees began to shake as the creature turned and looked at the duo. In a moment, it would charge at its new prey and try to make quick work of that.

"Petch this!" Miro began to run to the left, around the outside of the arena. He screamed loudly, drawing the attention to of the creature away from his partner. He paused, now closer to the animal, and pulled his res forward around his arms. He shaped a thick shaft with a sharp blade on each end. In total length it neared six feet. Miro gripped it firmly in his right hand, letting one end hold into the air while the other hovered inches off of the ground. "COME AND GET ME YOU BEAST! With his offhand he gave a thumbs up to his partner. Unsure if he knew that he was giving him an opening. Trying to pry open an opportunity for a kill strike. He let his djed pour into his right arm, readying the Flux. Under his breath he muttered to himself "Morwen give me strength..."
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Keido on September 11th, 2011, 9:33 pm

Keido continued to prepare himself right until he felt a heavy foot on his shoulder. He opened his eyes to see a braggart boy named Miro. Nope, Keido did not like him and grabbed his hand on his foot. Squeezing it hard as a warning to the boy for his impertinence, Keido lifted the foot back and cast it to the side before standing up to face this distraction.

"I think I will be calling you Miro then" he said as he went to brush off the dirt the sole left on his shirt.

There was some sort of huge commotion going on at the colosseum then. And without warning, Keido was thrust out to the arena to fix it. While he did not mind helping with any dangers, Keido did not trust Shale. Already that man has thrown him into more than one situation he did not want. The problem they were experiencing now could be the same for all he knew. And as Keido suspected, it was yet another trick by Shale when the black gates fell.

The creature he was was horrifying sure, just like the scene it left for them to see. The crowd which knew that this was just another battle, or did not care continued cheering for the newcomers. Keido never heard of a tsana before but like Shale said there was the noticeable claws and teeth. But fast? It did not seem the part. It was far too big. But because of that warning, Keido will be careful in his approach.

Miro it seems was starved for attention, calling out the beast. If he wanted to Keido would not stop him, but he did need a way to fight. With those natural weapons in full view, Keido could not risk using his expertise. Mainly his kodachi and body which were for close combat. He had to fight another way. His quickly eyes swooped across the arena. Looking at remnants of the fallen to see what he could use.

There were many choices littered around. Swords and shields and bows could be seen scattered all over the arena. But the two which caught his eye, which he rushed to picked up was a spear and a net. Two weapons which he already had a chance to use a few days ago.

He continued to run around, to get behind the tsana where it would not notice him. Already being so focused on Miro, Keido could focus more on attacking than defending. Behind the tsana, the spear extended. Keido twisting and moving his limbs to try and avoid its randomly flailing tail. When the tail swished to the side, the spearhead circled to the other. When the tail went down, the point went up past it. Once Keido got used to the timing, he drew back the spear and stepped forward to close in the distance. Pulling the spear far back enough he threw it forward right into the tsana's rump.

The spear drew blood, but the wound was shallow. The tsana roared and turned his head to look back at Keido. Annoyed, it drew back its tail and flicked it at Keido throwing him to the side. Because Keido was more focused on the attacks Shale warned him about, he was not prepared for this one and was caught by surprise when he landed on the ground to the side.
Keido is now dead as of 34th of Fall, 511 AV (16th of September, 2011). I will do my best to finish all existing threads before I retire him so people with him right now don't worry.
Keido

Character sheet

Postby Miro on September 12th, 2011, 5:07 am

Miro dodged an incoming attack, teeth swiping near his face. Suddenly the creature hesitated for a second in shock. He saw his partner get thrown and instantly gained a second wind. He lunged forward into a run for a couple steps. Once he neared the monster he pushed a slight amount of djed into his legs, giving his legs power. He took a tremendous leap up and along the beasts back. He brought up his blade to strike and focused his djed into his arms. He empowered his arms with the Flux like he had never done before. The amount of djed he poured in was dramatic in cost, but the power was taxed from the splitting of its power. He was unable to grasp this concept still, but it was at least possible. His body jerked with the downward as he powered it into the creatures back. It soared deep into it, taking the entirety of one of the bladed sides. It broke at the top as Miro's momentum continued along. He had been left with about slight knife and short handle, barely long enough to fit both hands around.

The beast had a deep wound, if given enough time it would probably kill him. Fortunate for the beast, it would not live long enough to suffer. Miro gathered up his res into his hands. He formed it outward and above him into a large round block. He moved it to hover in front of him as the animal charged at the duo. He transmuted it to ice and forced it down with his fleeting control. It fell downward hitting it on the back, knocking it off balance. The best slid down in front of them. Miro ran around the beast as quickly as he could, putting his energy towards moving swiftly. He began emitting res around the ball that sat in front of him and melting it. As he would melt it, he would attract the water to his res. He moved this as quickly as he could, but relied on his comrade to cover him while he remained vulnerable. The beast was shaken for a moment, adding a bit of damage to the already devastating wounds. It was moving more sluggishly, but now with fear setting into its heart. It got up from the ground with its sights on Keido. Miro would leave the fight to him until he could rejoin and finish it.
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Keido on September 12th, 2011, 5:54 am

On the ground, Keido struggled to get back on his feet. That was hard. He never expected the tail to do that. Needing help he stuck the spear to the ground and used it to help get him up to face the tsana again. Only to see something amazingly stupid.

"You fool Miro. What are you doing?" Keido shouted his partner angrily.

The plan Keido had in mind from the start was to take advantage to the beast's size. From the start the pair had already split up. So if Miro was at the head, Keido would go to the back. The tsana would only be able to focus on attacking them one by one he thought. And once its attention was on one, the other can take advantage of the opening and strike. Now that plan had to be scrapped since Miro jumped on the creature's back. Keido won't even be able to use his net from fear of trapping the both of them together.

"What are you doing?" A question he repeated again when Miro came beside him. Did they want to make things easier for the tsana? Especially when it started charging at them.

Keido split from his partner when he saw that he was running again as well. Maybe he could try to get the beast caught between them again. Petch. He should have told Miro what he had planned when he had the chance. No time to regret things. Keido would have to do what he can.

The monster had its eyes straight on Keido as it struggled to regain its strength. Keido was not going to give it a chance. He held his spear straight out towards it as he advanced. Using the spear to measure the distance they had between them. Stopping in front of it, Keido kept his eyes on its fangs and claw. Pulling his spear back and thrusting it at the beast over and over. It did nothing but allow the tsana to give an annoyed roar. The cuts were too shallow. But Keido was not hoping to kill it this way. He wanted it to learn to fear the spear and hopefully keep its distance from Keido just as he did with it.

He continued his work with the spear. Aiming at the tsana's face miserably as he pulled back his spear and thrust it again. Finally, the spear drew blood on its cheek causing it to bleed. That did the trick as Keido saw the tsana leaning backwards on its paws and looking like it was going to sit. He saw cats doing the same and knew that the tsana was going to pounce on him. Reacting to the monster, Keido planted his feet to the ground to face it. Both hands gripping the spear harder as he held it out as far as possible towards the tsana.

"NOW!" Keido yelled out as he dodged to the side.

He was waiting for it. He held the spear out even in the face of the charge and waited until he could feel the pressure from it breaking. As soon as he felt it, he leaped to the side to dodge it, hearing a cracking sound. Keido did not know if he hit or missed it but all the same he turned to face the monster which had passed him.

Next he took out his net and waited for the beast to stop its charge. It started to turn around and once Keido saw the side of its face, he begun his next move. Keido ran as fast as possible to the tsana. The net dragging in the air behind him. Once he saw that the tsana was facing him and preparing for another charge, he stopped his legs but allowed the net to follow through the movement from behind.

"Fly." he said as he released the net into the air once his arms were at the front and saw that the net was flying over the waiting tsana.
Keido

Character sheet

Postby Miro on September 12th, 2011, 6:23 am

Miro was finishing up with the mass of ice, turning it all into a large puddle of water. He had added res to control it, increasing the mass drastically. He began to lift it into the air and position it above the creature that was still distracted. It kept moving, making it hard to line up for long. He began to shape the ice into a new form. It had a long thick blade over seven feet across. At the edges the blade curved up, giving the massive blade a U shape. The blades width was nearly a foot, giving it a rather threatening appearance. From the center of the blade stood a handle, reaching up eight or so feet from the blade. It hovered over the beast a meter or two. Miro focused a great amount of djed into his legs and crouched down. He roared louder than the crowds that were going crazy, watching this violent display. The beast was caught under a net, it was exactly what he needed. Miro lined the blade up perfectly above its head, then lept up to the blade. It still remained in the air, sitting awaiting transmutation. Miro made contact with it. The instant his hands gripped the shaft, he forced it into ice, using the last moments of his control to fling the heavy blade downward. It landed hard slicing the menacing beast in half through its gut.

Miro landed hard, his knees nearly buckled standing on the large blade of ice that stuck into the ground under his sandals. The entire crowd was quiet for a moment, he wondered if something had happened to his comrade. He turned to see him standing to the side looking slightly shocked. The crowd began screaming so loud Miro jumped, his eyes flashed a bright golden orange. He had never heard people cheer so hard. Miro stumbled down off of the blade and walked over to his new friend with a smile. He knew if he said anything it would not be heard, so he gave him a grin and a thumbs up. He would await a response, then leave the battlefield after a moment. Perhaps a weapon could be found that could serve some sort of use. Then payment awaited them. His heart was still racing from the excitement. The blade ride was, to say the least, exciting. Even scary slightly. It sung with passion as it met his embrace. Filled with the will to protect his friends. The ice was right there along with him, listening to Miro's command, ready to protect and serve.
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Keido on September 12th, 2011, 7:22 am

He was lucky enough that the net was able to trap the monster. And Miro took his chance to attack. With some strange ice sword which seemed to appear out of nowhere, slaying the beast where it stood. Keido did not say a word but knew that he had to look out for this one. Magic it seems was very powerful.

"Are you crazy or just stupid?" Keido asked the boy when he came up to him.

If he was expecting a some form of appreciation or praise, he was wrong. What he did was reckless especially fighting something as fearsome as that. With the boy thinking on what he might have meant, Keido lifted his arm behind him. Hidden from Miro. Without any warning whatsoever, he brought it up further to the level of Miro's face and let it fly at his cheek. He felt the impact for a moment and then nothing where Miro started doubling back.

Keido brought up his other arm behind him. He could have continued his attack on Miro. But instead what he did when his hand flashed forward at Miro was grabbed on one of his arms. Squeezing tightly he pulled him forward, balancing between their weight to help him get settled back on his feet without one or the other falling.

"But good job with stopping its rampage." Keido said with a smile. "Just be more careful for next time."

Like there would be a next time. After Keido was sure that Miro recovered his footing, he let go of the arm and started heading over to the tsana. Look at all the carnage the beast did around him. Keido stared at the tail which was able to hit him earlier. A little bit frustrated. With his finger and thumb, he picked it up on a limp and tossed it to the air. It will do. Keido drew out his kodachi from its sheath and stood looking straight at the tsana's tail. He drew back his blade. Thinking of the path it would travel. He knew what his target was. Too near and he would miss. Too deep and his blade would be stuck on something else. After he was ready, he threw his arm to the slide. Slicing through the base of the tsana's tail and severing it from its bottom.

"Was all this worth it?" he yelled facing the crowd. All the death just for their amusement from releasing the wild animal.

Without waiting for anyone's reaction, Keido stormed off through the open gates. He was going to give Shale a piece of his mind for tricking him and if he saw that Miro was there as well, maybe it would be a good time to have a talk. Keido had some questions that needed answering.
Keido

Character sheet

Postby Miro on September 12th, 2011, 8:19 am

Miro was awestruck as he was struck across the face by a fist. Dumb? Did he do something wrong? His attack went nowhere near him, he was sure he saved them from the beast. He gained composure as he was steadied by a rough catch. A smile swept across his face as he was thanked, even if it may be slightly downplayed. He also showed a concern for Miro's safety, but he did not know that Miro was hardly even displaying his power. Such an attack was using a very limited amount of energy.

Miro smiled as he looked over at Keido, who had decided to go take took a part of the beast. That was a great idea, a trophy from the fight. To keep and remind him of fighting along side his new friend. He hadn't even his name yet, but yet he felt close to him, sharing a risk against your life excited Miro. He wanted a group of friends that he could lead into battle. Kinneas, and all of his friends could go and prove their strength for all to see. Relying on each other, knowing the strength of a good combination. He smiled and ran over. What would he take? The tail was claimed. "Hmmm...if he gets the tail, I will get the head!" Miro ran up and emitted some res, he moved it over to the handle of the ice weapon near the center. He wrapped it around and began melting it. Slowly the shaft seemed to just slide downward shrinking in length feeding his res. He called it back over to his hands and shaped a crude blade. Using the Flux, he tore into its neck, slicing through the rough hide and thick muscles. He removed the head, letting the gore spill out. He took it under arm and turned to the man. "If you think I was in any danger using an attack like that, you are mistaken. That was a minor display of my talents. I only chose to do that to make sure we got out safely. I'm sure you would have done the same. By the way, I didn't seem to catch your name." Miro glanced down with a smile as the man who angrily shouted at the crowd. He turned and began walking hurriedly away.

Miro ran up, keeping pace with him. "I know you're upset that they died, but...its not Shale's fault. We go here, knowing that each and every time we walk out there, that we are facing death. Shale does not hide the fact that death, and close calls make the crowds cheer. That is what we are out there to do! Not fight, not live to see another day. No, you just don't! You are out there to make the crowds love you. And then you win because that is what the crowd wants. They died. It was their own fault." Miro looked down at the ground for a second. He did not like to see people die, not at all. The sight of death stung at his soul. All his life he had to fight to protect people he cared about. Yet, he watched people throw their lives away, fighting with no talent. They were not to blame. One can not expect to be stronger than every beast that comes along. They went out there knowing that their lives were on the line and they paid for taking a risk. "Look, don't blame Shale, or the people here. This is an agreement we make. If you want to be angry at somebody, be angry at me. They died because of what I said. I pushed Shale to let us fight, and we got our chance." He looked at him sternly. The people who fight in this place are a family. A family dedicated to impressing the masses, whatever the cost may be. He waited to see how this would be handled before he collected his pay
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Keido on September 12th, 2011, 8:46 am

Miro was talking nonsense. Taking lightly the lives that was lost today just because of the tsana. It made Keido angry. Frustrated. He looked back to try and size up the boy talking to him. Miro was looking down at the ground. He looked regretful sure, but does that give him the excuse to say whatever he wanted about the incident? The way he spoke was like he was a lot more powerful and capable than all those people which died. And only because of this difference in power he was allowed to survive.

Keido's fists started to tremble to let the rage flow. Miro did not know at all what he was talking about. Suddenly, he spun in place. His body following his already turned head and was now facing Miro. Keido wanted to strike. The first punch did not knock enough sense into Miro. The boy needed another.

From his side following the movement of his body, his open palm came forward. Even as his body stopped turning, he allowed his palm to continue travelling. It went straight forward and Keido aimed it straight at Miro's chest where it landed. The palm strike did not stop after hitting Miro's chest. It continued to push him all the way to the wall and held him in place.

He wanted nothing more than to give Miro the punch he needed. His other fist came up just like it did earlier. On the level of Miro's face. Trembling, Keido released it as he threw it towards Miro's face. Only having it suspended in mid air in front of the face when he stopped himself. If he failed, it only meant Miro getting attacked again. There was already too much violence today but Miro needed to learn how he felt. A finger pointed out where it twirled round and round at Miro's face as Keido started to tell him off.

"I'm Keido and no, I would not have done the same. How could you do that I mean? Jumping right on top of the tsana!" Keido knew nothing of the flux as his question was referred more to Miro's total disregard for his safety.

"And not Shale's fault? Did you remember how he tossed us in here? And telling us to help him with the wild animal when all he did was set us up for another match through his tricks!" Just how many of the others before them did Shale lie to just to have opponents to fight that beast?

Having said his piece, Keido released Miro and got him off the wall. Like Miro was something so foul he wanted to just get away. Who did he think he was? Taking responsibility for everything like it all was his fault. Keido returned the stern gaze. His full attention was on Miro as he was waiting for satisfactory answers and opinions to the questions he presented.
Keido

Character sheet

Next