[Alvadas Location] Towers Idol Slanderer

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

[Alvadas Location] Towers Idol Slanderer

Postby Fallacy on September 11th, 2011, 3:00 am

Tower's Idol Slanderer

The statue was made by Andes Tower, a man who was both a great sculptor and an incompetent animator. He knew enough of the discipline to grant it the ability to speak and hear, but forgot several key details. In its creation he botched the process of instilling knowledge and its mind went corrupt. Thankfully his stupidities cancelled each other out. The end result was Tower's Idol Slanderer.

The large idol was created to boost morale for the Womiyu troops, but in order to give compliments it would have to know what insults were and what not to say. He taught it to try to pick out a person’s insecurities as well as their greatest feature. He intended for it to complement them on their virtues and assure them that their flaws were insignificant. It was not the best choice in directives, but it was even worse when he got them mixed up. The statue, as it is finds one's greatest feature, tells a person how insignificant it is, and as it finds one's insecurity, compliments a person on it. The Slanderer learned over the years to love making people feel bad, and it has grown good at the directives programmed into it.

The large dark granite statue is of a man with long flowing hair. He is kneeling on one knee, and looking forward over the large area. It has shiny red gems for eyes that appear to glow even at night. The man seems solemn and truthful, the expression on his face peaceful and telling, something that, when coupled with what it says, can be devastating to those who happen to be caught in the statue's gaze. The stone being seems to be carrying a smile or a smirk both witty and concise. In the center of its chest there is a round cavity and in the inside of it is a thin metal piece. This allows it to hear anything directed toward it. The statue, beyond that, seems to be lacking in detail, perhaps to draw attention only to its face. Whatever the reason for how it was made, what would have been Andes' greatest creation quickly became his worst nightmare.

12 hour shifts have started, and Im working 6-7 days a week mandatory overtime. My replies will be slow until I can adjust to this new groove.
Fallacy
I think you're crazy just like me.

Words: 493223
Joined roleplay: June 23rd, 2011, 7:58 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)