[Harper's Scrapbook] Listen While I Harper On.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Harper on September 18th, 2011, 12:33 am

I like that picture^

Anyway, so today has been okay. I woke up and I didn't really feel like doing anything, but I knew I had Chemistry homework, so I started on that. But there's something about one of the formulas that I don't understand, and just augh. So frustrating. So I had to give up because literally no one knows how to answer my question. /wants to kill something

But whatever. So I got online, took care of the few threads that Harper's in, listened to some music, caught up with an old friend, ate some soup. It was nice. Then I cleaned my room and got kind of bored. Well then I decided to read up on the gods and goddesses in Miz, just 'cause it seems like something that I should be familiar with. And may I just say, I love the idea of Qalaya. Like, seriously, awesome goddess. I think if I lived in Miz, I'd definitely pray to her everyone morning. I love the idea of there being a patron goddess for writing.

She reminds me of Saint Cecilia, the patron saint of musicians, poets, and singers. Not the same as Qalaya exactly, but still; I am reminded of her. Cecilia was always one of my favorite saints. (I'm not actually religious, I just like to study the lives of saints because they're interesting.) So yeah, I think I might allow Harper to begin praying to Qalaya; she'd be a good patron goddess for Harper, I think.
"Rather die hard than die hallow."
Harper
Player

Words: 65499
Joined roleplay: August 31st, 2011, 11:54 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Tabarnac on September 18th, 2011, 1:43 am

Liminal came up with Qalaya, but I got the go-ahead to work on Her gnosis, so Harper might have the chance to work with her at some point. Just sayin'.
Tabarnac
god of carnage

Words: 346698
Joined roleplay: May 26th, 2010, 3:06 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
Advocate (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Harper on September 19th, 2011, 12:45 am

So one of my favorite music artists ever is Fever Ray. The music that they produce is so good and ethereal. It's kind of morbid and scary, actually. But I love it. So much, in fact, that I dressed up as one of the disguises that Karin (lead singer of Fever Ray) dresses as for Halloween last year. And let me tell you, it was a fun persona to play.

So the original picture of Karin:

And then my version (don't mind the witch behind me!):

Uh, ignore my hair. It's supposed to look kind of crazy like that. Anyway, that was such a fun night because I people kept telling me how awesome I looked. One kid even said "You're my hero!"

One of Fever Ray's songs (probably their most famous)
:
Harper
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Tabarnac on September 19th, 2011, 1:45 am

That video reminds me of Carrie a little.

And this...

...and then I realized it was the same Karin. *facepalms*
Tabarnac
god of carnage

Office
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Harper on September 20th, 2011, 3:25 am

Dani, that's one of my favorite songs by The Knife. <3 I found Fever Ray through The Knife, since they're the same people.

Anyway, since I seem to be posting about my favorite music artists a lot, I figured I do that again tonight! Um, Lykke Li. Need I say more?

I honestly think her music is my soul in music form. That sounds cheesy. But seriously, every single one of her songs, I can relate to.

Plus, she's pretty? I don't know.

Eyes wide shut and I still feel the needle in my back
Cutting through my veins and spirit making me relax
I can't tell if i am living or just holding on
'Cause wicked games heeds wicked in us
Kick me 'til I drop

You silent my song
No fist is needed when you call

And you seek pain like it is pleasure
Like a work of art
When I'm your painting, I'm your treasure
Purest of them all
And call it love or call it murder
Kill me quietly
Close the door and take it further
Where no man has been

You silent my song
No fist is needed when you call

Silent, oh silent, oh
Silent my song

You silent my song
No fist is needed when you call.

-Silent My Song, Lykke Li.
Harper
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Tabarnac on September 20th, 2011, 7:44 am

My hips, they lie, 'cause
In reality, hey, I'm shy, shy, shy...
Tabarnac
god of carnage

Office
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Kaiielle on September 21st, 2011, 2:51 am

I'm your prostitute, you gon get some?
Kaiielle
you might be surprised.

Words: 25267
Joined roleplay: September 16th, 2011, 5:18 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Harper on September 21st, 2011, 11:37 pm

The waves will watch you go,
The waves will watch you go,
Till you're gone, you will come home no more.

The last few days have been so demanding. Band practice is killing me. Like, probably literally. I get dehydrated almost every single practice, and I think it might be taking a toll on my body. My kidneys are starting to hurt, and I'm always so tired; I can't get enough sleep. But I can't ever sleep because after I come home from band practice, I shower and then I have to study for about five hours. So I FINALLY go to sleep around 12 AM every morning (if I'm lucky) and wake up the next day and repeat it all.

I just want band to end. I'm only in it this year because they basically begged me to be "because they needed more players." I need to learn to say no.

And on top of that, I kind of ruined any chance I ever had with the, uhm, *ahem* person that I like today. I sit with them every morning with another friend of mine. This friend usually takes me to school every morning, but she was late today so I had to have my dad take me. So me and the person I like were just sitting there by our selves and I wanted to die. I'm not one to fall for people much because I don't like the idea of relationships and it's always complicated, and I don't need anymore complicated in my life. So I usually stop myself from liking people. But I honestly couldn't stop it with this specific person, which sucks. I hate liking them.

Anyway, we were just sitting there by ourselves, and everything I was saying was coming out wrong. Just every word didn't make sense, so I'd try to explain it but then the explanation would come out wrong, and this went on until they were looking at me like I was insane. I finally just said "I'm sleep deprived so don't hold anything I say against me," and then he just looked at me weird again and the bell finally rang. When it rang, I jumped up automatically and practically screamed "Thank GOD" because I was praying for it to ring so that I could just get out of there. But then they looked at me with kind of an offended face and said "Thank God? Didn't know I was that bad of company," and then walked off.

fjoisdjfisojdfoisj jfaldfoifj0q9wfasdlfj ifjwfioajsdf are you kidding me? Why would I ever even say that? I want to punch myself in the face.

So yeah. That has been my week/day, and I haven't particularly enjoyed it. /rant over.
Harper
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Harper on September 23rd, 2011, 1:24 am

Today was most definitely a better day, I think. I had an okay day at school, I skipped out on band practice (I just said "Fuck this," and walked out. It felt nice.), and I found out I might be going to France for my senior trip!!

So I'm obsessed with French and French culture. It's my dream to own a cattle farm in the countryside of France, so...yeah, I'm into it. I've been wanting to go for a really really long time, and my mom told me today that we might go just for my senior trip. :3

Je ne peut pas attendre!

Of course, if it turns out that I cannot go, then I'll cry myself to sleep for a week and go out and buy travel guides of France, cut them all out and paste them all over my room just to pretend that I went.

Vive le roi, le roi est mort! Vive le roi!
Harper
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Tabarnac on September 23rd, 2011, 4:10 am

Courage, mon brave!
Tabarnac
god of carnage

Office
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

PreviousNext