[House of Broken Mirrors]Mirror mirrors on the walls.[Keido]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Postby Ssafirsotibones on September 14th, 2011, 6:41 pm

Looking around, Bones finally saw it, his Great Hammer. It had landed nearby, and he snatched it as the other Keido tried to sneak up behind him.

Just as he was about to try to attack him from behind, Bones rolled swinging the hammer side of the top of the weapon slamming into his leg. With a sound of snapping bones, the other Keido fell, injured.

Rising up, Bones hefted the weapon above him, and brought the pointed end down right on the other Keido's face.

He expected to feel something, the crunch of Bones or a spurt of blood... But nothing.... There was a bit of extra light as the fake Keido shimmered, and then there was nothing there, leaving just his weapon gouged into the ground.

Giving it a pull, he thanked the Gods that his weapon had landed nearby, and the fake Bones one had not. Or else the situation might have been switched, with the real Keido dead, and himself alone against them. Preparing to go help the other Keido, he started to move, when he saw movement in the mirrors.

Stepping out of two of the other mirros, were more reflections of Bones. But perhaps since he had more than one form, they took on more than one body.

While Keido was facing against his dhani version, Bones human counterpart stepped out of a mirror, with gladius in hand. And a bit off, his snake form slithered out of the bottom of one of the frames, moving along the ground. Both were coming right at him, while Keido was busy with his other fake version.

Preparing to fight, suddenly the weapon in his hands disappeared. Apparently he had been holding the illusion one. He barely was able to pull out his gladius on his back before the human Bones took a swipe at him, and he blocked, and the snake one slithered up, diving at his legs and trying to tangle him up.
Bones is a Constrictor Dhani. He likes to eat meat. He also has some speech problems.

When he speaks, a double s (ss) means a [th] sound, that he cannot say.

A triple s (sss) means just an [s], but it is extended in his speech.

Ssafirsotibones
Player

Words: 440799
Joined roleplay: July 7th, 2011, 5:37 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Keido on September 14th, 2011, 7:34 pm

The dhani Bones was still staggering to recover the blow to his head. But how was Keido going to finish it? He still had no weapon. While he could look for his, the Bones might recover only to attack him. No he needed to finish it now, but he needed a weapon. The House was full of mirrors. Maybe he could use one of it?

"You will fall!" a yell Keido gave to try and addle the dhani somemore to prevent its recovery.

Keido bent forward and pushed on his foot. He was heading to the dhani Bones with open hands again. He looked at Keido dumbfounded as his hands pressed on the dhani's shoulder. Then Keido gave a push, putting all his weight behind him. The Bones lost his balance and went backwards, crashing on the mirror behind him. As soon as that happened, Keido straightened himself and reached out to the top. He bent another foot as he took another step forward and pushed himself forward again. His hands clasped on the top of the mirror. Then he allowed his weight to go back to where they belong. Dragging him and the mirror behind him. The mirror fell right on the dhani with a crashing sound and at the next moment the dhani vanished.

"Bones, are you alright?" Keido cried out as he turned to look for his companion.

Didn't he just kill the dhani? It was there again. Fighting off Bones. But dhani was at a worst off shape. A snake was attacking its own kin for some reason and Bones had him on the run with the gladius. With that advantage, Keido looked around finding the great hammer and his kodachi. He hurried over to grab them, one on each hand.

"Bones, I got our weapons!" he cried out running to the human to return it.

Unfortunately for Bones, Keido was mistaken to the identity of the fighters. He thought Bones who was in his dhani form was the enemy and the human Bones doppelganger was his friend. If Bones did not stop him soon, Keido will hand the weapon over to the human and be helping them against Bones himself.
Keido is now dead as of 34th of Fall, 511 AV (16th of September, 2011). I will do my best to finish all existing threads before I retire him so people with him right now don't worry.
Keido
A Naive fool in the City of Illusions

Words: 134206
Joined roleplay: August 21st, 2011, 10:45 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Ssafirsotibones on September 14th, 2011, 8:03 pm

Bones toppled as he once more blocked a blade coming at him. With the crahsing sound of metal ringing out, he tired to fight. But the snake was going up his body, and he finally tilted him.

As he slammed to the ground, he saw Keido coming up, hefting his own weapon and Bones Great Hammer, which was so heavy he could hardly weild it, being a human.

Bones shouted out, trying to get his attention, "Ssey are the fakesss, I am the real one!"

Having said this the fake human Bones turned to see Keido, and lunged forward to attack him with his gladius. With Keido holding both weapons, his mobility would be lowered, and he would not be able to hold both for long. The only reason Bones could hold it was because of his inhuman dhani strength.

Meanwhile, Bones was trying to fight with the snake, as he was being constricted and it was trying to crush him. He could not move either leg, and one arm was pinned to his side with his weapon. His other arm was free, and he tried to punch at the snake with it, aiming for the head. But it was hard to do so, and he could not get the right leverage to strike a good blow.

There he was left struggling, trying to free himself of the snake, as the fake human Bones was attacking Keido.
Bones is a Constrictor Dhani. He likes to eat meat. He also has some speech problems.

Ssafirsotibones
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Keido on September 14th, 2011, 8:25 pm

It spoke, and said that it was the real Bones. What did he mean? Was Keido with one of those hungry predators of Falyndar in a secluded and abandoned house. Alone? That was very dangerous. But he didn't attack Keido the first time. So that could be taken into account. Before he could think any further, the human Bones came attacking. Making the decision for him.

Keido was anchored by the Great Hammer dragging on the floor he did not want to release. Lucky the difference of the weight of the weapons made him think he was relatively faster. Seeing the gladius coming, he flicked his kodachi to the top and knocked it up hard again. Keido after that stepped back to behind the hammer.

The human bones came again. Leaping straight at Keido with the gladius coming down for a slash. He had no other choice. Keido released the great hammer. With the weight no longer anchoring him, the force he was using to pull on the hammer worked on his body instead. Moving him backwards while the gladius came plummeting down and getting embedded into the floorboards below.

Now it was Keido's chance. The kodachi clattered where it fell and he rushed forward. He threw his fists one by one alternately in a flurry of quick blows aimed at the human Bones body while he tried in vain to get the gladius out. Keido felt the blows on his fist. Each one getting harder and harder as they pushed into flesh. Then when Keido saw the Bones releasing his grip on his weapon, he aimed for the finishing blow. Keido turned around in place. Extending and kicking his foot backwards giving a kick right at the Bones chest to knock him back.
Keido is now dead as of 34th of Fall, 511 AV (16th of September, 2011). I will do my best to finish all existing threads before I retire him so people with him right now don't worry.
Keido

Character sheet

Postby Ssafirsotibones on September 14th, 2011, 8:44 pm

Though Keido was being attacked by one of his copies, there was little Bones could do about it. He had his hands full with his snake counterpart, who was trying to crush the life out of him.

With his vision starting to turn black, and spots flying before his eyes, he kept trying to hammer at the snake, landing a blow to its head. he instant was enough for him to loosen his arm a bit, and drop the gladius from his right hand.

H swept his free left hand down, and snatched up his gladius. His movements though seemed to slow, as he needed air, and his ribs started to ache from the pressure. He finally managed to arrange the weapon, so as to thrust it into the side of the snake, and yank it upward along its length.

This seemed to have an effect, as it momentarily loosened its grip, and he pushed with his previously trapped right arm.

Finally with air rushing into his body, he swiped with his blade, and took the head off the snake with one swipe.

Gasping fro air, Bones laid there for a moment, trying to catch his breath. Done for the moment, he started his transformation once more, and began to shift back into a human.

He would be left once done changing, laying there nude, trying to re-catch his breath, with his gladius in his hand.

Ssafirsotibones
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Keido on September 14th, 2011, 8:50 pm

"Petch Bones, help me!" Keido yelled out at the nude man sitting on the floor.

Keido continued to attack not giving the clothed Bones a chance to retaliate. That time once he doubled back after the kick, Keido saw the Bones was looking on the ground. Keido wanted it to stay that way and pressed forward. Everytime he saw the Bones trying to straighten his back to get up, he will pound him to the ground with a fist from the top. Then prepare himself again by lifting the other hand up which will hover above the Bones back.

It continued on and on. A merciless pounding on the fake Bones back one after the other each time he tried to get back up. Until finally the blows would take their toll and the Bones would fall on the ground face first. Keido gave a gasp of relief thinking that it would be over. He got into a crouch to face the fake.

"Who sent you?" he wanted answers, but he was unsure if he would get them.
Keido

Character sheet

Postby Ssafirsotibones on September 14th, 2011, 9:08 pm

Bones was still gasping for air, trying to return his breathing to normal, as he finished changing. He had nearly passed out from lack of air, and his vision was slowly returning to normal. As the spots vanished from before his eyes, he tried to sit up, only to nearly fall over from the dizziness brought on by it.

He carefully tried a few seconds later, and managed to get up, looking at the pair of Keido and his other copy left.

Keido was trying to interrogate it, when suddenly it took on the familiar shine. Its body seemed to glow for a bit, and then it vanished, leaving nothing behind as the light faded.

Bones went over, and pulled on his clothes, and reapplied his sheath to his back, putting away his gladius in it.

Then he went back over to Keido, were his Great Hammer lay were it was dropped.

"Sssorry about ssat... I almossst passsed out from it conssstricting me... Had ot catch my breath...."

"Ssso what do you ssink thossse were?"

Bones said this offhand, not even thinking it might be found weird that he had just changed into a giant snake man, and then back into a human. Though there were probably many questions running through Keidos head at the moment.

But from the way Bones was acting, you might think his reflections coming to life and trying to attack and kill him was an everyday thing. At the moment, he was completely at ease, not at all worked up or upset.

Ssafirsotibones
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Keido on September 15th, 2011, 8:32 am

It was another one of those strange things he will see in Alvadas. The Bones in front of him suddenly shone and then faded away. Now he was stuck in a room with Bones who was putting his clothes back on. Keido turned back to him to get some answers. He needed some form of explaination for all of this.

"What were those? Why did they attack us?" those questions were about their attackers.

"You are a dhani. Are you an enemy too?" that question was for Bones.

Keido took a few steps back away from Bones who was coming for his hammer. Still not knowing what he had to expect of the man. It may have looked like out of fear, but Keido was heading over to his kodachi which was laying on the floor behind him.

"If I knew, I wouldn't be asking you" Keido answered the snake man warily.

He finally reached his kodachi on the ground but he didn't act first. The dhani would have him outclassed in strength especially with that great hammer. If Bones was truly friendly, he had to prove it with his actions.
Keido

Character sheet

Postby Ssafirsotibones on September 15th, 2011, 3:14 pm

Bones sighed... The entire situation was rather convoluted and confusing... Why could things never stay simple for him? No they had to go all insane, even by the crazy standards of this place!

He was not really sure what Keido's problem was, he had not attacked him... Well this him, the other hims had... But then the other Keido had also attacked him so.... It was all tangled up...

"I know no more ssan you asss you ass to what ssey were... And jussst becaussse I am a dhani doesss not mean I am going to attack you. I never did anything to you. I can't help what the copiesss did. And yoursss attacked me jussst asss much asss mine attacked you..."

Picking up his Great Hammer, he put it away on his back, and walked off, continuing through the house.

"I never hurt you, and you did not hurt me, ssso we have no issssue. Regardlessss, we are ssstill in thisss place togesser, ssso we might asss well go togesser to leave. I have no issssuesss with you."

Ssafirsotibones
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Keido on September 15th, 2011, 4:25 pm

Things were really crazy. An extra Keido and three new Bones made Keido as confused as Bones. Was this Bones even the true one? He could be one of the fakes now trying to trick him for an attack. He was even going for the hammer now. But in the end he continued through the house.

Bones was right, no one could be responsible for those strange copies. And he was attacked just as much as Keido was. Even more since he had three clones to go against.

"Fine, I will follow you are least until we got through" picking up his weapon and following Bones through.

Someone once told him to keep an open mind so he should not persecute Bones so fast. But that did not mean Keido kept his weapon away. Even if Bones was a friend there might be more enemies about. They were not safe until they left the house as least.

"What...?" There was something showing in the mirror.

The House was telling him something. Something about the other dangers. The images in the mirror was was looking at showed a Keido and a Bones fighting each other and ending up with Bones stabbing Keido with his gladius, ending the fight. Bones will see another one in the mirror in front of him. The same fight but ending up with Keido stabbing Bones with his kodachi.
Heeding the warning, Keido drew out his kodachi and watched Bones closely.
Keido

Character sheet

PreviousNext