What sorcery be this(Miro)

Miro teaching Grim magic

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Postby Shazvagrimkon on September 27th, 2011, 9:16 pm

The strength was amazing. He felt like he could crush stones with his bare hands. He wanted more of this power but stopped for fear of hurting himself this early in his training. Don’t want to overgive or go crazy and die. So Grim stopped and also gave his hands a little shake to loosen them up. “This is amazing. So I can strengthen any part of my body? And as long as my body can withstand the force and pressure I put on it then it will be fine as long as I don’t overgive? What can I do next?” Grim was excited and couldn’t wait to learn more.
He who makes a beast out of himself
gets rid of the pain of being a man
Shazvagrimkon
Snake Dude

Words: 28160
Joined roleplay: August 5th, 2011, 9:00 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet

Postby Miro on September 28th, 2011, 12:09 am

"Yes, it is pretty simple. I recommend some acrobatics training. In my experience with it, it has helped me learn the limits of my body. Since I was boy I have been using the Flux. Broken my arms and legs several times. Sometimes the best way to use flux in combat is a subtle way. The strength your enemy doesn't see coming is always devastating. Remember when we locked blades? Such a force coming from me was a bit shocking I'm sure. But what if you were to use it to speed past ones defense and strike a vital blow. There would be no need in using your djed over and over wearing your opponent down. A strategy like that will only end in disaster, magic will catch up to you. Next, we will learn reimancy. But before that, I will explain to you how to improve your master over the Flux on your own. Yes, as you guessed any part of your body can be enhanced. Practice moving and pooling djed for attacks. For a while you won't be able to use a lot of djed for these techniques. Moving it and gathering it up won't be easy. The more you practice, the easier it gets. Now, pain, suffering...for this...I am sorry."

Miro took his djed forming a knife with a thin sharpened edge transmuted to ice. "Kneel before me, and do hold still friend. Try not to let the blood spill all over. Flinching could prove fatal. I recommend you just close your eyes, though seeing it with your own eyes may prove valuable." Miro took and drew blood in a small X on each of Grim's palms. "Leave them like that, now comes the strange part. Start taking deep breaths and holding them in my friend. This will not be pleasant...I'm sorry." Miro took his hands out before him and started to form a mist of res. It started out thin, a slight icy blue mist between his hands. He pushed his djed into the res that hung in the air giving it more substance. The cloud expanded surrounding the man that knelt before him. Miro focused, pushing the thick cloud into the mans mouth and nose. With each breath the cloud grew more faint. His res seeped into the wounds, slowly draining into his body. The look on Grim's face made Miro frown. Grim began to sink to the floor, his deep breathes turned to gasps for air. The pain floated in the air around them, turning the mood sour. Would Grim be up to learning to harness the res after having it cause him so much pain? Miro avoided it for nearly a week after his mother put him through the ritual, fearing the pain it caused him. Miro watched as Grim tossed and turned for several chimes, letting out his pain in small screams, writhing before his master. Finally, Miro pulled his res back, calling it to the air surrounding them to disperse after being forgotten in the bells that past. Grimkon laid passed out on the floor Miro sat on the couch and waited. After a few bells passed Grim started to moan and regain consciousness "I see you lived...Now let's see about teaching you to emit res. After that, we can focus on learning your element. I do not predict this to happen today. There is much work to do."
Miro
Not quite Nuit, just a little undead.

Words: 1238727
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2011, 7:52 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Shazvagrimkon on September 30th, 2011, 6:57 pm

As he kneeled there looking up at his master, Grim was unsure of what was about to happen. The icy blade cut into his palms where fresh warm blood blossomed up. The pain was nothing new. Grim had been cut many times. Its what happened next that caught him off guard and produced such excruciating pain. He watched as Miro produced an icy blue gas between his palms. As the cloud increased in size he did as instructed and took deep breaths. As the gas entered his mouth and began pushing into the wounds in his hands, the pain began immediately. It felt as though he were being stabbed deep into the muscles and bones and every fiber of his being. He could not contain it anymore and let out screams of pain as it spread up his arms and down his neck into his chest. Collapsing on the ground, he writhed in pain and gasped for air. The torturous pain overtook him and he lost control of his physical body. His form began to expand and push against the fibers of his clothing, stretching them to the point of tearing. As the clothing ripped and shredded his flesh was replaced with scales and his body changed. After finishing the transformation he let out a sickly hiss as all faded to black and he collapsed into sleep.

Grim began walking through the black, not knowing where he was or what was happening. The heat was very intense and the sweat was pouring from him. As he walked, the darkness began to lighten up a little as he noticed the ground start to glow like burning embers. The embers brought forth flames in every direction. Grim frantically tried to get out of reach of the flames and began sprinting through the fire. Moments after running the flames had grown much larger. They danced all around him and licked at his flesh. There seemed to be no escape from the burning pain as he frantically increased his pace. He saw a light ahead of him. Everything around was bright from the mighty blaze but this was different. He rushed headlong towards the only salvation he had of escaping the flames. As Grim came upon the light he saw a large hill covered in a frosting of ice. Standing atop the hill was his master covered in the same coating of ice as the hill. Before he could reach the hill, Grim fell to the ground and had no strength to escape the burning flames and looked up to his master atop the hill. Miro looked down upon him and raised his arms sending a blast of icy wind out in every direction. The blizzard eliminated the flames immediately and bathed Grim in cooling frost. He lay there as everything faded to black once again.

The first thing Grim noticed was the aching throughout his body. The worst of the pain was gone but the remnants of soreness would last longer. The next thing he noticed was across his bare back and upper thighs. Then the flashes of memory came back to him along with the realization that he had transformed during the ritual and his clothes lay shredded on the floor around him and small tatters still clinging to his body. Grim then heard Miro speaking to him. Grim decided to lay there for a while longer and spoke, “Yes I am alive. I didn’t know it would be like that. How long have I been out?” He then slowly tried to stand up on shaking and pained legs but collapsed. After a moment he leaned against a wall. “While I slept I had a dream of darkness and flames all around. I could not get away. The fire was everywhere. But then I found you on top of a hill covered in ice. You let out a blast of icy wind and eliminated the blaze. What could it all mean?”
Shazvagrimkon
Snake Dude

Character sheet

Postby Miro on September 30th, 2011, 8:39 pm

Miro smiled down at the man that laid before him. He seemed to be well, as well as somebody could hope to be after such a thing. Grimkon was tough, and he was still eager to learn. "You have been out for a few bells it seems. I can't be sure, though it's getting dark out. That is very interesting. The flames, I always was taught that flames were those of true discipline. The most reckless element, only for one who knows the power, the greed that the element holds. Control is one thing that you trade, instead it gives you power. Fire can be the light before you, but it can also surround you, and steal you as well. It knows no loyalty and will spread to consume whatever it can. If I had to guess, I'd say that you found your element. For now, I will guide you, keep you safe from the flames, this much is true. However, I can't save you all of the time." Miro walked into his room and took his own personal winter blanket and draped it over his friend. "From what you've shown me, you are ready to learn reimancy, and more impressively, ready to harness fire's power. Do you feel ready to learn, or would you like to quit now?" Miro sat down on the couch and crossed his arms, watching Grimkon to see how he would react. Discipline isn't always about pushing yourself, but knowing when to quit. Whether Grim wanted to quit or continue did not matter. What did matter, coming to his decision. If he stopped, and considered his position, taking into account both the pain and his teacher before him, then stood and answered with confidence, he was ready. If not, and he wavered, with indecision in his answer, forcing himself to do one or the other, he was not ready. "So, Dra-Grimkon, what do we do now?"
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Shazvagrimkon on October 4th, 2011, 8:16 pm

The blanket draped across Grim helped to warm his body after lying on the cold hard floor for so long. He was thankful for the warmth. Being a Dhani, he hated being cold. He focused on his master and listened to everything he said about the dream. How he found his element. It pleased him how Miro talked of fire being for those of true discipline. Grim knew the greed and hunger of the element. The flames took everything from him. His parents, his siblings, and it wanted to consume him also in the dream. Mastering the flames and taking them under his control would be a wondrous task.

After Miro finished speaking and asked Grim what they would do next, he steeled himself of the remainder of the tremors and stood, wrapping the towel around his bottom half to stop it from falling. He then looked into his eyes, “I want to continue. I am ready to learn to harness the fire, Master.”
Shazvagrimkon
Snake Dude

Character sheet

Postby Miro on October 9th, 2011, 12:46 am

Miro smiled back and nodded to Grim's desire to learn. "Well Grim, I have to tell you that you aren't ready. Err, perhaps YOU are, but I am not. I know you are eager to learn to make res, and to make fire, but you won't tonight. We could stay up through the night, and well into the day tomorrow, but I just can't do it. I will however tell you what you must do, and if you truly need my help, you can come back and we can pick up where we left off. I have given you every tool for reimancy, just short of this final lesson. Once I finish this last bit, it will be up to you to learn to make and control res. However, if you learn this, or need my help, I would be happy to teach you further." Miro sighed, feeling very tired from the lengthy lesson. He was glad to see Grim keep his spirits high, it would serve him well. Perhaps he should have taken a nap while Grim was passed out. His head hurt from thinking far too long and hard. Teaching was not easy, and it was not something he was used to.

Miro gripped his hand to his forehead, fighting the headache that pressed on his skull. Once again, his gaze fixed on Grimkon. "To produce res, you must first practice moving djed, concentrating it like before. Keep practicing moving djed, fixing it into your hands, and focus hard on the idea of sweating it out. Draw a symbol on your hand if you must. Center your mind on the djed beneath the surface, imagine it slowly slipping out through your palms. It will take time and practice, and this is something I won't be able to help you with. I don't know how long it will take you, but I do know that I can not wait for you to grasp it. Once you are able to amass a small amount, work on moving it. You will not be able to make it float around as I am. But if you focus your mind, surely you can move it around your palm with will of mind. Continue to work on that, the control. Once you are able to control it in the air between your hands focus on the concept of fire. The transmutation is the final step. Think of it changing, taking on the form of heat, sparks, flame, whatever it is that will change the form. After you have done these things, you will be a reimancer, and from then on you just improve those skills."

Miro let out one more deep breath. He did not want to be rude, but he was exhausted, and he was ready to be left alone. He managed to force one last smile to his friend before turning his face to the floor. "Grim, please..keep the blanket. But do go get yourself some new clothing. Stay warm, and have a safe travel home. I must be getting to sleep now. I am very sorry, but I can do no more for you. Train on your own, and perhaps later on you can come see me for more lessons." Miro walked over to the door, finishing his goodbyes before closing it and taking a leave to his bedroom. He let out one final sigh and in just a few moments fell into a deep sleep.
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Shazvagrimkon on October 10th, 2011, 10:01 pm

Grim listened as his master spoke of the training he needed to do on his own and was eager to begin soon. But his friend was right, it was getting late and they had an exhausting day. As Grim wrapped the blanket tighter around his waist he headed towards the door. He finished his goodbyes and walked out. He would need to buy some clothing before going anywhere.

Grim began to wander through town in the direction he thought he came from. While walking he thought about everything that happened that day. Went through the lessons that he was taught. As he thought about it he began to try pooling his djed in an open hand and felt it come quicker this time and gather. He then slowly began moving it up his arm and down his torso, feeling it travel and continue to gather slowly. He then let it gather in his legs. With that he brought it into his muscles and felt the power held there. With a quick jump using the flux, he jumped higher than he ever had before. Not used to doing things like that before though, he lost balance midair and came crashing down, dropping the blanket. Quickly he stood up and looked around while wrapping the blanket back around his waist. Now I see why he said acrobatics would help.

Grim then noticed that he stood in front of a clothing store. Walking in, he got awkward glances from the store clerk. Walking around he gathered two pair of black wool pants, one pair of high boots, two loose white cotton shirts, and some undergarments. Walking to the counter he handed the clerk the necessary money and wished him a good evening. As soon as Grim got outside and out of sight he began dressing and shoving the extra clothing and blanket into his bag. Now to find my way back.
Shazvagrimkon
Snake Dude

Character sheet

Postby Fallacy on October 15th, 2011, 8:08 pm

XP Award!

Name:Shazvagrimkon
XP Award:
  • Interrogation- 1
  • Observation- 2
  • Meditation- 1
  • Flux- 1
Lore:
  • Dreaming of Magic
  • Accepting Miro’s Conditions
  • Magic Basics
  • Feeling the Power of Flux
  • Reimancy Initiation
  • Strange Dreams
  • Reimancy 101
Notes:

-1 GM for 2 wool pants
-5 SM for High Boots
-2 SM for Shirts

Name:Miro
XP Award:
  • Rhetoric- 3
  • Teaching- 3
  • Reimancy- 1
Lore:
  • Laying out the law
  • Explaining magic basics
  • Teaching Flux
  • Reimancy Initiation
  • Crash course in Reimancy
Notes:

I gave you both Rhetoric and Teaching for the thread.

Any questions or concerns about the rewards gained please send a PM :)

12 hour shifts have started, and Im working 6-7 days a week mandatory overtime. My replies will be slow until I can adjust to this new groove.
Fallacy
I think you're crazy just like me.

Words: 493223
Joined roleplay: June 23rd, 2011, 7:58 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)

Previous