I Want a Roast Out of This [Sama'el]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Wilderness of Cyphrus is an endless sea of tall grass that rolls just like the oceans themselves. Geysers kiss the sky with their steamy breath, and mysterious craters create microworlds all their own. But above all danger lives here in the tall grass in the form of fierce wild creatures; elegant serpents that swim through the land like whales through the ocean and fierce packs of glassbeaks that hunt in packs which are only kept at bay by fires. Traverse it carefully, with a guide if possible, for those that venture alone endanger themselves in countless ways.

Postby Luke Lammergeier on December 11th, 2011, 11:24 am

He watched as Sam slit the throat of the beast. With quick nimble hands. Luke couldn't help but admire his handy work. Keeping a close eye on any technique he could use later. The creature Sam took down was old, but decent. Definitely not the kill you would go for in the North. But Sam had gone over some ground rules. The younger stronger Zibri where needed to keep the herd going strong. With Glassbeaks and other monstrosities on the sea. You needed to choose your kill carefully. Or shorten the supply later on.

"Sorry Sam, not my job." He said in response to the Drykas. "I herded them close to you. You feathered em. Team effort, gotta stick to your positions." Gods i sound like Kain. Luke swung down from his saddle and started fishing out some rope. "Besides, I'm not as fancy a horseman as you. If i tried to shoot from Keetah I might of planted an arrow in my thigh." He laughed, pulling out the length of rope and cutting off two long cords with his hunting knife. He tossed one to Sam. Then started tying up the rear legs.

"We can skin him back at your tent. Keetah can carry the load. She isn't fast, but she is sturdy." Keetah had grown on Luke., You could hear it in his voice. Despite his initial resistance towards loving horses. The culture was growing on him. Once the hooves where tied and Sam removed his arrows. Luke asked him to lift the far end. "Just grab that side. Help me get this on her back." As they where shuffling to Keetah he asked. "So who is Issima and Denen? Issima is a girl right? I can't tell anymore with your savage names. And if she is. What is she like? If I'm going on a long journey. I better have a chance with her. I don't petch dock girls. Not since a friend of mine got some rash. That ended up eating his cock away. It turned black as tar in a week."
Character is being put on hold

All emails should be directed towards ETHAN
Luke Lammergeier
All i smell is Drykas and horse dung

Words: 115174
Joined roleplay: November 28th, 2010, 7:50 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on December 15th, 2011, 5:47 am

"And I shoot truer from horseback than from my own two feet," he mused, cleaning his knife and his hands on a bit of rag. With a little laugh he slipped the knife in its sheath. He stood up and surveyed Keetah. "What, are you going to ride double with me while she carries the carcass?"

This seemed strange to him, thinking it best to do the skinning and packing of the meat, leaving the rest to the scavengers, who would want their share too. They would be able to ride, both their mounts laden with extra weight, but Luke was making lots of changes in order to fit in with the Drykas, so Sama'el shrugged and did it his way. If Keetah showed him her strength, he would respect her more and the bond would increase. This was the Drykas way.

He took half the weight of the zibri up with his own strength, whipcord muscle straining against the dead weight of the old buck, but Keetah didn't seem overly spooked by the smell of blood, which was good. Then he held the old beast in place while Luke tied it up properly.

"Issima is the cousin of a girl I might marry. She wants to go see Riverfall when I ride over to peruse the horses and such. Denen's my best friend, likely to join my pavilion when the time comes to raise it. She's a weaver, he's a healer."
Sama'el Sunsinger
Not all those that wander are lost.

Words: 718167
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2010, 6:26 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Luke Lammergeier on December 27th, 2011, 3:29 am

"Sounds exciting. When are you planning to head to Riverfall?" Luke was not to type to be clingy. But he had gotten used to a friend having his back. Sama'el was a good man to have around. He wasn't about to let the Drykas go on a trip without him. Who would he get drunk with?

"Because if you need a hand with the horses or something like that. I'm always here to help." He tugged on the knots securing the Zibri to Keetah. He was glad to get out of here. The smell of blood was sure to attract orher predators lingering in the grass. And his encounter with the Glassbeaks still haunted his dreams at night. He got onto Keetah and patted her mane. She was used to the extra load but he always tried to treat her nicely during.

"Unless you have other plans in mind. I suggest we leave this place. I don't know how the sea works. But in the north you fled when you killed. Unless you wanted to attract greater monsters."

Luke Lammergeier

Character sheet

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on December 31st, 2011, 11:17 am

"Come Winter, I'll go," he said. "And I'll keep your offer in mind, thanks." He grinned, considered making a joke about Luke being lonely, but let it go instead. Denen and Jyn would be there to watch things in his absence, but it was good to know that Luke would look in on things while he was away, for he was often away riding circuit for the Watch.

When everything was set to go, he smiled impishly and vaulted into the yvas. Luke always gave him shit for showing off his acrobatic horse magic, but it was all Sama'el had going for him to his mind, so it needed to be put out there frequently. Leaning down, he offered a hand to help Luke up. Outlanders rarely felt comfortable in an yvas unless they were great riders themselves, and now they would be riding double, but at least they would get home faster that way.

Home.

He wondered if Luke considered Endrykas home, but was too polite to ask. It was strange to find what criteria people had for calling a place home.

"Come on, then," he urged. "Dohaina can carry us both."
Sama'el Sunsinger
Not all those that wander are lost.

Words: 718167
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2010, 6:26 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Luke Lammergeier on January 22nd, 2012, 5:29 am

Luke was a bit disappointed to hear that Sam would think on his offer. What did he expect him to do while he was gone? it's not like he belonged with this tent city. No proper place to get a drink or women. The Drykas form of entertainment consisted of storytelling and music. Which was all fine and good, but Luke needed a bit more to drown out the nightmares.

"Petching Drykas." He muttered. Watching his friend launch into the saddle. It was a saddle no matter what anyone else said. Yvas was just a funny word for it. He took Sam's hand and jumped up. The bare bones saddle bit into his ass uncomfortably. But he appreciated the lift. Keetah could use the day off. She was still a little green to these lands.

"I will give you Drykas one thing. Your Horses aren't bad. If only I could say the same for the riders." He laughed, and said. "Hopefully something will think we're easy prey and try to jump us." He took the bow from his shoulder and notched an arrow for good measure. It was easy enough to shoot without having to worry about the reins. "A little extra meat for the market would be nice. Oh, and don't forget. I want a roast out of this."

End

Luke Lammergeier

Character sheet

Postby Lariat on March 12th, 2012, 9:23 pm

Luke Lammergeier

Experience:

Riding: 2 xp
Hunting: 1 xp

Lores:

Zibri Tracks
Hunting Method: Herding

Sama'el

Experience:

Tracking: 2 xp
Webbing: 1 xp
Shortbow: 1 xp
Dagger: 1 xp

Lores:

Zibri Tracks
Northerner's Values (Observation)

Miscellaneous Reward

15 gold mizas in supplies for the buck.

Comments

A great thread guys, and an enjoyable read. If you think I missed something don't hesitate to send me a pm.
Lariat
The light in the back of your mind

Words: 151849
Joined roleplay: June 4th, 2011, 3:20 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous