[Verified by Cataclysm] Theur

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Theur

Postby Theur on September 20th, 2011, 1:07 pm

Character name: Theur (Thee-yur)
Race: Human
Height: 4ft 8in

Character concept

Physical description
Theur stands roughly 4ft 8in and weighs just a little over a 70bs. He has a thick tuft of dark brown hair, tangled and scrunched to roughly form a bird's nest.

His face in general is ordinary. Not too handsome but not too ugly either, not too wide but also not too narrow too just ordinary. There is truly nothing eye-catching about his face. Not his eyes nor the shape of his lips. Its as if his face is the epitome of normal. Too normal, usually people who he just met won't even remember his face.

Generally Theur has a lean body as any boy his age would, but upon closer inspection one would find it anything but. Sporting an excessively strong back, huge forearms and strong calfs; he could pack a punch. In contrast a small chest, weak biceps and relatively tiny hands made up the rest of his body (In comparison to other boys his age). This disproportion along with the many cuts, bruises and dirt reflect his tough childhood.

oocCredit goes to google

Personality
In a nutshell, Theur can be called passionate. Passionate meaning his emotions, run him and not the brain, that and his emotions are pretty volatile as well. This however leads to many fun and interesting situations; the kind that tend to not leave one unscathed afterwards.

Like all other Sunberthians he dislikes control but he directs it towards adults, through his eyes he sees them as tyrannical and corrupt beasts. Theur even makes an effort to prove his point even though it usually ends in him getting the short end of the stick.

Rightness he isn't. Evil not quite, he only sides with himself. Whatever benefits himself he does. In a way he can be described as extremely selfish but at the same time also extremely predictable. A trait that many have exploited before.

History
Warning/ApologiesHalt! reader, what you're about to read contains a WALL OF TEXT I apologize heavily in advance and havetried to make it easier on you guys, again sorry.
Viewer Discression is advise

Pre History :
It seemed like fighting was the only thing Theur ever did and the only thing he knew.

Birth

Before he was even born his fate was set, as the son of slaves. The day of his birth was the first time Theur stepped into the world of the living and also was almost his last. During his birth some complications arose, as the complications grew more severe, so too was Theur's chance of life. To save his life his mother opted to have her belly cut open, his mother never made it.
Theur was born small, frail and sickly. Had it been anyone else surely they would have been discarded by the slavers, it was only because of who Theur's mother was. Though his father was human, she was Kelvic. The chance that Theur might be kelvic saved him.

Slave Auctions

When he just turned four years old, he was auctioned off and bought by Dra Rav'i, a rather elderly man of sorts. He had greying hair and his face was slightly burned, he wore expensive clothing all of which were black. He was well past seventy and yet he made Theur feel uncomfortable. He didn’t like the way this old man moved right down to the way he talked. It was as if every fibre in Theur’s body told him that there was something off about this man, and yet he said no words.
The elderly man began fasting a collar around his neck. As he did this he spoke softly to Theur.

“With this you are mine now, Obey me and I will be a merciful master. Theur just nodded. He accepted the fact that he was now a slave after all that was his job.

Early life

It wasn’t so bad the life of a slave for one it was infinitely better than how the slavers treated him. He had food on a regular basis he slept on feathered beds and he even wore fine clothes. By Theur’s understanding the life of a slave meant long hours of work not to be pampered like a dog. He once asked Dra Rav’i why he was doing this

“Because you’re special child” was his answer. Theur knew better. And when Dra Rav’i saw that an eerie smile crept on top of his face. That was the end of Theur’s better lifestyle. What followed afterwards were long days of physical training.

Slave Fights

Before long, Theur was six years old and in more fights than some prized pt fighters. He fought in Johnny’s cages more often than not and though he was just a side attraction a gag to pass the time, he took the fights seriously. There was only one rule though in the fights that he fought in. One must be below sixteen in order to fight him, there was however a slight problem though. Who would pay to watch children fight? To keep it interesting the fights were often made ridiculous. The fights ranged from handicaps to mounted combat (on dogs or pigs) to other races fighting. If he won then it was all good but if he lost, well he tried his hardest not to lose.

Theur on the other hand didn’t quite understand why he was fighting in the first place. Yes he was forced to fight by Dra Rav’i but even so it just seemed so random to him. It was because of this that Theur began question things.

What am I doing?
How did this happen?
Why me? Why me? Why me?

He quickly buried the thought and yet every time he fought, it would surface itself wanting to be answered. Days passed, a fortnight passed, a season passed and then another season passed. When he thought he couldn’t hold it any longer, he always surprised himself. A year had passed by the time he asked Dra Rav’i his questions. Theur had never seen Dra Ravi’s face swell so much in his life. The following days the fights were much tougher no longer did the rule of being sixteen or below stand. Theur fought and he lost and he lost and he lost. Day turned to dusk; Theur was in the worst shape yet. Covered in cuts and bruises from head to toe, missing almost all his teeth, broken and fractured bones and Angry. Maybe it was spur of the moment or maybe his anger but when Dra Rav’i offered him help Theur sent a fist flying crashing on the well-worn face of his master. Now Theur had done it there was nothing he could do to get back in his master’s good books. He left Dra Rav’i writhing in pain though he had to admit his pain gave Theur pleasure.

Escape

For the first time in his life fate was with him. Battered and bruised but not broken Theur pushed on. The familiar roads that he was used to might as well have been rivers. He couldn’t tell where he was and in Sunberth given his condition was in hot water. The longer he pressed on the more in danger he was in, not only because this was Sunberth but also because his condition was declining. His sight was already long gone and his hearing was at risk. It wasn’t long before he lost even that. Without sight or hearing his balance suffered. He collapsed many times, the ground never felt more welcoming despite this he still picked himself up and continued. When he couldn’t pick himself up he dragged himself along and when he couldn’t even do that he passed out. The sound of chatter woke him up only to see twenty pairs of eyes staring straight at him.

Orphanage

“Out of the way! Move it!” boomed a lady. The twenty pairs of eyes scattered off this way and that until it was just Theur and the lady. She was generally an older woman with the whitest hair he had ever seen. “Lucky you finding this place” she smirked “Honestly I was surprised when we found you in front of our door”. She paused to take a good long hard look at Theur. “Well anyway you’re free to stay as long as you like” then she left. Theur for the most part was stunned. For one he was still alive but the last line she said echoed through him. No one has ever showed him true kindness. He thought that he was well and truly dead but a sudden sharp pain came when he tried to move. Defeated he just stared at the ceiling till his eyes fell heavy. He fell asleep with the biggest grin slapped right across his face.

Theur was bedridden for two seasons and though his lifestyle radically different to the one he knew, he liked it here. This place is called the orphanage run by Calyn, the old woman with the white hair. Though she runs the place she wasn’t the mistress and the children weren’t her slaves a concept that took Theur some time to wrap around. Still, just because no one here was a slave, that didn’t mean that, they didn’t do any work. Everyone who was able had chores to do, that included the newly well rested Theur. His daily schedule involved waking up, eating chores, dinner and sleep. When he did this Calyn was happy and that made Theur happy. He however felt that simply doing chores wasn’t enough he wanted to do something to the run down old place. Whenever he was free he would go out with a couple of other orphans in search of mizas. Some of the orphans begged for mizas others stole them from pockets. The older ones would work but Theur not being old enough or dexterious enough would look for mizas that fell on the ground. He would climb up small buildings and look in almost every nook. Though he [/i]made only a few mizas per week he was more than satisfied. The Orphanage took him in but somewhere deep inside of him he knew it just wouldn’t last.

Fall 511

Fall 511 A.V is a season that many in Sunberth consider to be the one of the worst seasons yet. This one season was disaster after disaster. It brought floods and vermin, violence escalated, food grew scarce and the city turned on itself. Now there were some days that were relatively peaceful and it was on one of these days that Theur and the other orphans set out to look for mizas. While the season did bring disaster upon disaster it was ironic that it also gave Theur and the others a great opportunity. Bodies were littered along the streets of Sunberth all one had to do was look for them. It was the easiest amount of mizas they ever made Theur’s haul was over ninety four mizas!

“Common let’s go already” said one of the orphans. Theur simply shook his head and gestured them to go on back without him. Theur was going to try his luck somewhere else. That was a mistake on Theur’s part. As he walked finding body after body he unknowingly bumped into someone bony.

“Hello Turncoat” said the man. The man spoke softly and yet it caused a chill to creep up Theur’s spine. He wanted to move but found his body couldn’t, refused to move for fear of what might happen. He prayed that it wasn’t who he thinks it was that maybe it was someone very similar. The gods don’t allow second miracles. It was Dra Rav’i his former master. His hand came to touch the collar to remind him of whom he was and where Theur stood. As Dra Ravi’s hand came up Theur moved causing Dra Rav’i to miss. Dra Ravi’s face swelled Theur couldn’t help but smirk this all seemed very familiar to him. At once he sent a fist flying straight for his former master’s face. Unlike last time he was at full strength, unlike last time someone stopped him. It all happened too fast and suddenly Theur was pinned down. Dra Ravi quicly regained his composure and spoke to Theur.

“I’m a nice man so I’ll give you by tomorrow to say your goodbyes”.

Theur knew what it meant. His former master saw the gold on him and took it. “I’ll take these as recompense now excuse us” and he sent a boot dead smack into Theur’s torso. The blow knocked the wind out of him. That very night when he made his way towards the orphanage the image of a burning building was imbedded deep into his eyes. He watched in horror as the things he knew were burned away like it was nothing. Tears welled in his eyes he tried not to hold back, he had to be strong but he cried anyway. What made it worse was that he was strangely happy when it did burn down, with nowhere to return to he can finally leave this god forsaken town but where? Suddenly remembered his former master’s words to him

“I’m a nice man so I’ll give you by tomorrow to say your goodbyes”. Only then did it hit him.

Was it him? Was it him?
Was it him? Was it him?
It wasHIM!!!

A sudden hysteria consumed him like the flames consuming the place he loved. He watched as the flames turned to embers and as the embers turned to ash. He wanted blood his blood and blood he shall get.

Last Days in Sunberth

It was just about dawn when Theur and Dra Rav’i met again ironic that their last meeting was in the very house Theur ran away from. What was odd about it was that it was very different from the one Theur’s memory. Things were missing the chairs tables even some of the lanterns were gone, just an empty space surrounded by walls. A small elevation of stairs separated the two behind that was Dra Rav’i sitting behind a wooden desk, Theur was glad it was so early in the morning he couldn’t bare the sight of him. All this he did in a second when suddenly Dra Rav’I began to talk.

“So did yo…” HS5%#UHDLS/TY/5AL

“YOU DARE DE…” Before he could even finish Theur was already moving. Years of training, fighting and hard work were paying off. In a half a heartbeat he was already upon Dra Rav’i but again he was stopped. It wasn’t Dra Ravi that stopped him no it was the same person who stopped him before…

[OOC]I’ll be doing a flashback for this part[/OOC]

...With no more distractions Theur made his way towards Dra Rav'i. As he approached him his former master began to laugh and laugh and laugh until he started coughing blood. Theur began a frenzied race towards him if he didn’t die by his own hands then all this would be meaningless. Theur's fist came down hard, his former master never moved. Theur's fist never connected with Dra' Ravi, his old master died before it ever did hit. Rage consumed him, his actions, all were for naught.

On the first of winter 511 he left Sunberth.

Languages
Common-Fluent

Skills
Brawling-31 (30 sp+1)
Acrobatics-11 (10 sp+1xp)
Wilderness Survival-20 (15 Racial bonus+5xp)
Shielding-7 (5 sp+2xp)
Spear-5 (5 sp)
Land Navigation-1(xp)
Climbing-3(xp)
Bodybuilding-2(xp)
Composition-1(xp)
Investigation-3(xp)
Running-6(xp)
Observation-9(xp)
Larceny-1(xp)

Lores
Identifying edible berries in the Syliras region
101 uses of rope
Persistence in Character
Traversing Cliffsides
Leap of Faith
Pycon's guidance
Knowing Which Berries to Eat
Retaining Consciousness with Pain
By Dagger's Sight
Forming Small Shields Without Control
Stuff that goes bump in the night
How a ghost moves
Checking how many paces away from an opponent
A ghost's all encompassing fear
Don't Forget the Task
The Dangers of Ravok
Money Makes a Job Worthehile
Controlling My Temper

Equipment
1 50ft long rope
1 Pair of rags/sackcloth (clothing)
1 Backpack (includes toiletries)
1 Waterskin
1 Tent (single person)
1 Winter Blanket
1 Flint rock
1 Knife
1 Make shift spear
1 Iron old collar w/ key (Family Heirloom)

Ledger
current cash117.1gm
100gm-Starting Cash
-1 gm half spear (make shift spear)
-2 gm tent single person
-10gm 50 ft rope
-5sm winter, blanket
-5gm living expense (Summer 511)
-5gm living expense (Fall 511)
-45gm living expense (Summer 512)
-----No Activity-----
-45gm living expense (Winter 513)
+184gm Wages (Winter 513)
-18.4gm Miscellaneous food expenditures (Winter 513)
-45gm living expense (Spring 514)
------Hiatus-----

Flashbacks
The Order Of Things: Food
The Order of Things: Pecking Order

Threads

Summer 511 A.V
A place called West

Fall 511 A.V
They called it the Seat of the World

Winter 512 A.V
How to start a Day

Winter 513 A.V
An Unexpected Teacher
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Misinformation
The Fastest

Spring 514 A.V
Last edited by Theur on July 15th, 2012, 10:21 am, edited 4 times in total.
Theur
Unlikely Hero

Words: 57447
Joined roleplay: May 16th, 2011, 11:47 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets