[Isur!] "Yes, it's normal that one's bigger than the other."

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This forum is dedicated to housing a thread for each race wherein each race gets to keep in touch with each other, check-in, chit-chat, plot the further advancement of their race, tell jokes, post pictures, keep in contact, etc. Look for your race's thread and feel free to join in the discussion - whatever that may be on any given day!

Postby Vanos Strongarm on September 27th, 2011, 1:22 am

How rude.

Who do you think keeps you guys safe from things that go bump in the night? Hmm?

The Coglias. And what do we get for a party? Nothing! We probably wouldn't even get a party favour. (Also I think you should give out puppies as party favours.)
Vanos Strongarm
Vhat is a "double you"?

Words: 80484
Joined roleplay: August 16th, 2011, 6:54 pm
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Ialari Pythone on September 27th, 2011, 11:52 am

Ialari Pythone Pitrius also here. A Flashback in Sultros would be great, especially since those are the only new threads I can do at least for the time being. Anywhere from the year 500-505 would work for me as those are the years Ialari is the equivalent of late teens and still in Sultros.

As for some race discussion, from a character's perspective, what are your views of the other clans? Here's mine:

Sultros: Useful as scapegoats for everything wrong in the Kingdom. They fancy themselves as leaders of our race, so let them feel that way. We all know that Pitrius is the real power behind the throne. Without our various talents to support them, the Sultros would wield little more than fragile, dull hammers in which to pound everyone else into line.

Vizerian: They claim to be our spiritual leaders; closest to Izurdin. If you ask me, these zealots have lost sight of reality. They attempt to thrust their rules down our throats and expect us to cough up secrets and artifacts from the Old Kingdom. Their fanatical ways will one day bring about a second cataclysm. Perhaps that voice in their heads isn't from our Father at all.

Coglias: None too bright, but honestly, they don't need to be. Pull the leash, the dog sits. Shout a command, they move to obey. What they lack in brains, they almost make up for in brawn. As protectors, they manage well enough. They sure are cute to watch brawling with each other.

Terras: These girls know how to do it and do it well. A little full of themselves but I can't fault them for that. I just wish they would stop taking all the good men though; their just isn't enough of them out there to begin with.

Most of Ialari's views are shaped by those held by her family. She had some amount of personal exposure to members of the other clans however much of her life was spent in the Pitrius Clan citadel. The above views are only general however as individuals can prove themselves to be outside of the norm; or at least what Ialari sees as being the norm.
Remade In My Dominion!

Character Sheet

Granted Flashback Threads between 510 and 512 by Tarot.
Ialari Pythone
I'm Poison.

Words: 923994
Joined roleplay: August 13th, 2009, 3:26 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 7
Mizahar Grader (1) Trailblazer (2)
Overlored (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Istril on September 27th, 2011, 8:28 pm

Unless you're going for being physically thirteen, Rorugir, you might want to up your age just a tad. Isur develop at half the rate of humans. (:

EDIT: Oh, page two! I'll do this in a bit, Ialari. Glad to know the original Isur is still lurking around somewhere. :P
Istril
Tipping the Scales

Words: 33138
Joined roleplay: January 29th, 2011, 6:31 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ialari Pythone on September 27th, 2011, 9:56 pm

Yeah, I'm still around. I am kind of stuck unable to post to any current or future threads unless they are flashback due to the Dominion thread. Once Dominion is written up and the thread is complete, then I can return to the land of the present.
Remade In My Dominion!

Character Sheet

Granted Flashback Threads between 510 and 512 by Tarot.
Ialari Pythone
I'm Poison.

Words: 923994
Joined roleplay: August 13th, 2009, 3:26 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 7
Mizahar Grader (1) Trailblazer (2)
Overlored (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Rorugir on September 28th, 2011, 8:15 pm

Istril wrote:Unless you're going for being physically thirteen, Rorugir, you might want to up your age just a tad. Isur develop at half the rate of humans. (:

EDIT: Oh, page two! I'll do this in a bit, Ialari. Glad to know the original Isur is still lurking around somewhere. :P

Gahh. I have a Kelvic character, who ages, like, seven times as fast as humans. So Isurs aging at half the rate of a human...bit of a new concept to me. I'll change it, and thanks.

And yes I did just mention Kelvics in a thread devoted to Isur
This is Rorugir's speech when he speaks in Common...
...And this is Rorugir's speech when he speaks in Isur.
Rorugir
Lost child of Uluth.

Words: 120916
Joined roleplay: September 25th, 2011, 1:02 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Rorugir on October 15th, 2011, 9:58 pm

Just a little thing I came up with to boost the Isur thread with. Hopefully, you all will enjoy. ;)

Reasons Why the Isur Are SO FREAKING AWESOME

Reason #1: Our arms. While the freakishly large arm each Isur has isn't exactly a fashion statement, do you know how dang useful these things are? We don't need hammers. Our arms can bend metal as easy as clay. We don't need shields. Our arms can deflect weapons. We're just awesome like that.

Reason #2: We can craft anything. I mean, seriously. That's what we're known for, right? Need a sword? Ask an Isur. Need an enchanted amulet? Ask an Isur. Need a enchanted amulet that shifts into a sword? Ask an Isur.

Reason #3: We're all good-looking. This is taken right from the Lore page for Isur- "...Most Isur find suitable mates in their adolescence and males must work hard to impress females. In a society made up of beautiful people of great strength and skill..." So not only can we make anything, we look incredibly good while doing it.

Reason #4: We have a badass history. Let's take a look at what the Isur were doing during the Valterrian, shall we? While other races were cowering in caves and underground during the death and destruction, we were traveling from our home city, in which a volcano had erupted in, through the death and destruction to a new home high in the mountains. Doesn't that just sound so badass?

Reason #5: We live longer that most races. While this doesn't mean that we age at the same rate as humans (a fact I recently found out!) and thus our lives are just slower, we still have more time to enjoy what we have and more time to plan what we're going to get.

Reason #6: We live inside a freaking mountain. While other races have achieved living in trees and on the tops of peaks, we, the Isur, actually live inside a mountain. And we didn't find it that way. No, we carved every tunnel in Mt. Izurith with our own bare hands.

Feel free to add more reasons why the Isur are the best if you want! :)
Rorugir
Lost child of Uluth.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Vanos Strongarm on October 16th, 2011, 5:01 am

I approve this message.

We should have it on shirts, or something.
Vanos Strongarm
Vhat is a "double you"?

Words: 80484
Joined roleplay: August 16th, 2011, 6:54 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Rorugir on October 17th, 2011, 8:22 pm

Vanos Strongarm wrote:We should have it on shirts, or something.

obv.

Anywho, how's that flashback thread coming along, Istril?
Rorugir
Lost child of Uluth.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Istril on October 19th, 2011, 11:50 pm

Oh. Um. << >>

To be truthful, I'm trying to work the Coglias in on it, since I noticed that there's only Coglias and Pitrius, and I'm somewhat stumped, since from what I've read, Sultros is divided into the five separate citadels for the different clans. So... ideas would be helpful! >>
Istril
Tipping the Scales

Words: 33138
Joined roleplay: January 29th, 2011, 6:31 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Rorugir on October 21st, 2011, 9:27 pm

Well..........

There is that one festival, right? The one to celebrate King Sultros? So, why don't we set it during that, and everyone flocks to the Sultros citadel because that's where the best parties are? Or something along that lines.

I dunno...sorry. :(
Rorugir
Lost child of Uluth.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

PreviousNext