[Verlyna's Emerald Pond] Dying to Meet You (Pavani & Miro)

Miro meets Pavani in this thread.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Postby Miro on September 25th, 2011, 2:54 am

18th day of Fall, 511 AV

Miro woke up, a bit sore from the treachery of pushing his body the day before. Casually he sat up tilting his head back and letting out a long drawn out sigh. He stood up and stretched his arms out to his sides, still feeling a bit cramped up. A quick stretching routine cracked his joints loose. First his core would need to be taken care of. He leaned forward touching the floor in front of him. Then, he placed his hands on his back and pressed forward while leaning back. His back popped and cracked the more he pushed it. Taking his hands, he pressed his neck to each side causing a loud snapping as it all loosened up. He smiled, feeling a bit more loosened up. He shook out the jitters by flapping his arms and legs around, more so to make himself giggle than anything else. A few moments later he lunged towards the ground, landing on his hands and knees. He pressed his center in lowering his stomach to the ground and lifting his head upward staring at the ceiling. The cracks in the roof showed the bright blue sky. The tension in his back felt good. The subtle burn turned into a fiery pain as he held it. Slowly he eased his back and lowered his head until it came to rest looking between his legs. He pushed his back into the air, resting at a complete opposite from the earlier position. He held the position until it too starting to cause a deep aching. He stood doing some split stretches and pushing his leg muscles to improve the flexibility in his legs before readying to start out the door.

Miro grabbed his shirt and quickly flung it on, heading out the door to start a run. He had seen plenty of places in the city, but perhaps today he would venture out to the wilderness see what laid just beyond. Well, it was all up to the city, where ever it would take him he would accept happily. The adventure was half of the fun, especially in a city as crazy as this one. He continued around, keeping his stride at a brisk pace, breathing soundly in rhythm. His feet padded softly as he started at the ground several feet in front of him, not paying too much attention to anything more that what was in front of him. Chimes past, and still he wandered. As he went on Miro seemed to wonder, how long had he been out running. It must have been nearly a bell since he started out the door for his run. His breathing became heavy and he clenched his eyes shut, taking a bit of djed into his heart, using the Flux to aid his fatigue. His heart pumped fiercely in his chest, giving him a bit of stamina back. When Miro finally opened his eyes, he noticed something different. Something MUCH different. This wasn't the hard ground of the city, it was forest floor.

Miro's eyes widened. Trees stood in his immediate path, he dodged left, barely passing by it. Just after the tree stood a steep incline leading downward. Now, even if he wanted to stop it would only result in a tumble. Miro's feet started to pick up speed, his legs barely able to keep up with the hastened pace. He kept forward, not noticing the body of water that stood before him. Miro, unable to stop his run hit his foot on a rock, falling out of his sandals and falling headfirst into the pool of water. Instantly his vision became obscured and he seemed to hear, laughter? There was no way to tell which way was up, and with no air in his lungs it would not be long before he drew water deep into his lungs. Help had to get there, and soon.
Miro
Not quite Nuit, just a little undead.

Words: 1238727
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2011, 7:52 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Pavani on September 25th, 2011, 3:38 am

Pavani had no idea how she managed to get lost so soon in this new place. She found herself wandering around a forest. The reflective surface of a pond was seen through the trees. The nature and beautiful scenery put her at peace. She wondered where she was but did not dwell on it too much. She thought if she would be lost, this would be the best place to be. She listened to the sounds around her, all was still and peaceful. Or so she thought.

She heard a loud splash that ripped her from her blissful daze. Her uncontrollable curiosity kicked in and she rushed towards the sound. Once she reached the pond she saw a area of rippled water. She knew something was wrong. With out stalling she threw off her cloak and jumped strait into the water.

Pavani looked around for a possible figure. The light was shining into the water from above but it still looked dark, very dark. She saw the outline of a person being consumed by the darkness. Laughter was echoing from all directions. This wasn't a normal pond. She quickly swam towards the figure and grabbed its hand. The pond's laughter grew, sounding close to madness as the darkness closed in on the two.

Pavani looked to the surface, seeing the light get smaller and smaller. She needed to get out, FAST. She pulled the figure along as she swam to the light. Just as the darkness covered the last bit of light, she broke the surface.

She pulled the figure to the land and rested them down on the grass. To her surprise it was a male. She had never touched a man in her life. Unsure what to do, she watched him for a moment and then hesitantly looked for signs of life. He had a pulse. She sighed in relief, she couldn't handle if he was dead...She covered him with her cloak, put his head on her bag, and then sat by him, waiting. "....please wake up."
Pavani
Player

Words: 5071
Joined roleplay: September 24th, 2011, 4:57 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet

Postby Miro on September 25th, 2011, 5:28 am

The laughter faded as did the light. Miro closed his eyes and awaited his demise. It was gone, all of it. The world faded and there was only one imagine in his mind, as sweet a sight as he had ever seen. Kind eyes, caring smile, long pale hair. "I'm so sorry" Tears mixed with the water drenched over his body. The sound of a voice started echoing into his mind. "Please be okay." Miro thought to himself "Am I okay?" he opened his eyes and looked up at the treetops that sat hanging around him. Tears still fled his grey eyes as he sat up regaining composure. "Where am I?" Miro asked, unsure if anybody would hear. He turned his head to the side to see a woman staring at him, looking relieved.

Miro's eyes flashed to a piercing fiery orange. He let out a long drawn out scream. "I'm sorry! I didn't mean for it to happen! Please forgive me, were together now!" Miro flung his arms around the woman and started to sob burying his head deep into her shoulders. "I...ne...ver...meant...for..it..to..to..." Tears flow from his hollowed colorless eyes. After a while of sitting in remorse he took his face from the woman's shoulders to take a good look at her and see her reaction. Upon realizing that she looked different then he anticipated he froze. He continued to stare at her blankly, hands resting on her shoulders, unable realize what had happened.

A few moments later, he looked around at the scenery. "I'm still outside...but...she...err...uh.." "What happened?" Miro fell back onto his back, making as much immediate distance from this stranger. He propped himself up on his hands looking at her, feeling harshly embarrassed. His eyes started to turn into a bright hot pink and his cheeks gained a rosy tone. Miro wanted to hide, pretend that none of this happened. Or perhaps he would go jump back into the pool of water and really die this time. It appeared this woman had saved him and to thank her he started to cry. He started to panic slightly, breathing hard and looking around frantically for something to help this hopeless situation. "What have I done? What have I done? WHAT HAVE I DONE?" The thought echoed through his mind endlessly.
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Pavani on September 25th, 2011, 6:22 am

Pavani was so shocked by the sudden psychical contact she froze in place, eyes wider than ever with a look of confusion on her face. She went over what happened over and over again in her mind. It didn't register.

Perhaps he was thankful? There was no reason for him to be sorry. Together? His words confused her. He had such a strong sadness to him, then discomfort when he saw her. Did she scare him? Did she do something wrong? It gave her a headache. Males are confusing. She shrugged it off and looked towards him.

She noticed him panicking so she looked him over. She was worried that she may have hurt him somehow. Pavani focused her djed, implanting a thought. "I don't need to be afraid of this girl. She wants to help me. I need to calm down." She put a cool hand on his head and looked at his condition. No visible sicknesses or injures. She took the corner of her cloak and wiped away his tears. She gave him a soft smile. Wanting him to feel comforted and safe, she focused her djed again, sending him a calming emotion.

She was very happy to see he was healthy. Pavani's voice came out soft and calming. "...I am happy you are ok."
Pavani
Player

Character sheet

Postby Miro on September 25th, 2011, 8:10 pm

Miro looked at the woman's face, seeing her concern. He looked at her having a thought pop into his mind. "I don't need to be afraid of this girl. She wants to help me. I need to calm down." Miro sat, resting a bit, looking over her some more. She quickly looked him over. It was strange, but strange was normal for Miro. She gave a smile and a soothing feeling took hold of Miro. He sat back and let out a deep sigh. "Yeah, I am safe. Thank you for saving me. I'm Miro, glad you happened to be here." Miro stood up forming a heavy ball of res between his hands and moving it across his clothing removing the water that weighed him down. As the ball grew bigger his clothes grew from drenched to damp and finally to dry. Miro tossed the ball of res into the air above the pool of water and transmuted it to water. For a few moments it rained down, causing thousands of tiny ripples in the water. Miro turned back to the woman, with his full attention awaiting a response.
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Pavani on September 25th, 2011, 9:49 pm

Pavani curiously watched as he dried himself off. She noticed that he shared the features of two races, his changing eyes of those of a vantha, pointed teeth and nails of a symenestra. Her curiosity grew, she had only read about them. At the same time she hoped he didn't have the poison.

She stood up but kept her distance. She picked up her cloak and bag and put them on. A few water droplets fell off her hair to the ground as she did so. Light poured in from the treetops, shining on her iridescent scales for a short while before she pulled her hood over her head.

Now that he was safe, she become more cautious. She questioned if it was okay to give her name to this peculiar stranger. Seeing how he hadn't attacked her yet, aside from the previous physical contact, she decided that he couldnt be that bad. Her little webbed hands gripped her cloak and she glanced up at him through her bangs with flickering and bright green eyes and quietly said, "....I'm Pavani." She then averted her eyes away to look at the ground, unsure what to do. Her eyes darted about the area. Should she take her leave? She was about to but she remembered that she was still lost... "O-oh..."
Pavani
Player

Character sheet

Postby Miro on September 25th, 2011, 11:46 pm

Miro watched as the woman readied to leave. He noticed something now that he had not before. Webbed hands and scales? Was she some sort of fish person? "M..miss don't go. You aren't human either are you? I'm Vantha...and Symenestra of course." Miro pointed to his eyes and showed his fangs with a wide grin. "Perhaps I could go with you, and even think of some way to thank you for saving me. Are you from this city? The illusions of the grand city of Alvadas always tend to place people just where the should be. I'll say that Lhex pushed our fates to meet today, so don't be so quick to leave me. How may I repay you, Miss Vani?" Miro bowed graciously before the woman.
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Pavani on September 26th, 2011, 12:32 am

Pavani blinked a few times and stared at the man. Her eyes remained wide as she shifted them to the side as she thought. She switched her stance but it still appeared awkward. Her eyes didn't meet his. "...it's Pavani...I knew what you were...I am Konti..." Her voice was timid but clear. She pulled on a long strand of her hair and bit her lip in embarrassment. She did not want him to think she was foolish for getting lost, but knowing no other way she admitted to herself that she needed this mans help. "...If you would kindly show me the way to town...that would be thanks enough..." Her words trailed off into mumbles.

She wanted to know a bit more about this 'Miro' person before she followed him into the unknown, so she used the thing that was given to her at birth, the gift to see people's greatest fears. She learned long ago that a person's fears can say a lot about them, and now she shall see Miros.
She glanced up into his eyes quickly and her gift was applied, for she saw the image of spiders scurrying in his iris. "....Spiders." Her expression became quizzical.
Pavani
Player

Character sheet

Postby Miro on September 26th, 2011, 2:01 am

"A Konti, huh. That's a new one." Miro took note of her appearance and smiled as she asked him to guide her through the city. "It would be a pleasure to guide you. Do you have a place to stay?" He looked into her soft green eyes. A few moments later she uttered a filthy word. "SPIDER? Did you just call me...." Miro's fist clenched into a tight fist, his nails digging into his hands. His eyes started to boil slowly reddening. He clenched his eyes shut, attempting to hold in the rage that was pushing towards the surface. He began to tremble, attempting to hold in the unwanted emotions.
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Pavani on September 26th, 2011, 2:58 am

Pavani shook her head. She had yet to find a inn or any form of lodging for the night, no one had available rooms. That's actually how she got lost, going down street after street, with not a single bit of luck. She was about to accept his help but then she saw his smile slowly fade away. She felt his mood shift into a sickening rage. His eye color did not signal anything positive. She said something wrong. Though she is already very pale, the color drained from her face as she took a step back. "I-I didn't mean to....y-your fear...in your eyes..." She stuttered as she hopelessly tried to explain her gift. The sudden and unexpected rush from his anger made her feel a bit faint. She steadied herself by leaning on a near by tree.
Unable to explain herself,she tried to focus her djed and make Miro clam down. It was her only form of defense at this time. She Overlapped a blissful emotion with a thought, "She didn't know. I shouldn't blame her for that." She stared at him in hopes he doesn't lash out at her. She could have easily fled into the water but the risk of the same horrifying experience was quite likely. Running wasn't a good choice either, she could tell he was a fighter.
Pavani
Player

Character sheet

Next