Rising from the Sea [Open]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Citadel of the Dead Queen, Black Rock is the island off of the eastern coast of Falyndar. Mythic and mysterious, few know what truly inhabits it. [Lore]

Re: Rising from the Sea [Open]

Postby Lumhai on February 25th, 2010, 12:57 am

Suit yourself, Jeremy.” Lumhai said evenly. He was secretly pleased at the would-be absence of the bandaged man.

His farewell extended, Lumhai returned his eyes to Vespera. When his gaze settled on her, he blinked, dumbfounded. He looked away for a moment, and she had become a different person. In place of silver hair and violet horns framing a face that mimicked the night sky she sported pale skin, and hair blacker than a raven’s wing.

The unsettling change took Lumhai by surprise, and he stood with mouth agape before recollecting himself. Lumhai offered his arm before realizing what would happen if Vespera took it, and snatched it to brush invisible hairs from his brow.

“I hope you enjoy fish, Vespera.” Lumhai said, gesturing towards the city, which was now beginning to change. “For, there is little else available.”
Lumhai
Player

Words: 6900
Joined roleplay: February 12th, 2010, 7:37 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Vespera on February 25th, 2010, 8:43 pm

"What fortunes that I found all of you." Vespera's voice had taken on a soft, shadowy quality, one word slipping into the other as if she kept them curled onto her tongue a moment too long. She could feel it weigh differently between her lips, and noted the nudge of elongated teeth as she spoke. Unfamiliar, but not surprising. She was too overwhelmed to be much more surprised.

Though she spoke to everyone present - Jeremiah, Lumhai, and the other presence she knew of, but could not see - her eyes were cast elsewhere. Her amethyst gaze fixated longingly across the sands, toward the eerie shifting and turning of the city ahead. A haze of distraction crept into her demeanor.

"I would have never become unlost without you,"
she continued, with seemingly no awareness of the strange nature of her expressions. Finally, a smile crept across her lips, and she turned to Lumhai, just in time to see him drawing his arm away. "Please, show me Black Rock. I will enjoy whatever there is."
Vespera
Player

Words: 5678
Joined roleplay: February 11th, 2010, 11:41 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet

Postby Jeremiah DraDerex on February 27th, 2010, 12:45 am

Jeremy didn't wait for Lumhai's response before making his way back back to where he had originated. "I will talk to you all later," Back turned away from them, his hand went up waving good bye as he walked along the coastline until he was out of sight.

Once Jerry could no longer see the two people he asked Draven. "You like her don't you? I can feel it your soul." Draven was about to protest but then stopped and agreed, "Yes I have never seen a girl as pretty as her."Well in that case I want you to follow them, stay with them so I can easier find where you are located later." Jeremy responded quickly just as quick as he responded he felt Draven leave his body excited.

"Really Jeremiah? You have never let me go off alone before."Times change Draven, but there are conditions you are not to touch them, not to materialize and hide yourself. Basically I want you to observe so I can collect the information later."

Draven was ecstatic and he was soon gone from sight and back at the scene where Vespera and Lumhai was. He hid his presences from both beings no real indication could be seen by anyone unless they were sensitive to aurora. Draven decided to float over the two listening to the conversation.

Jerry on the other hand chuckled to himself, "Draven your such a kid still." Jerry stopped walking and decided to do a somersault in the sand. "Ha but I am as well!" He landed the roll feet spread out in the sand as he rests. He looked around searching for a suitable area to sleep in. His eyes found a group of rocks that would shade him from the increasing sun rays and allow him to get much needed rest. Sliding across the still cool sand he propped his head against one of the stones, "Hmm comfier then home." He said jokingly as he closed his eyes to sleep.
Jeremiah DraDerex
Player

Words: 32530
Joined roleplay: February 13th, 2010, 1:07 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Lumhai on March 1st, 2010, 8:57 pm

Lumhai guided Vespera towards Black Rock. The city was just now beginning to wake, so few traveled the streets. Despite the recent change, Lumhai quickly located a gondola. Lumhai stepped into the boat first, and offered his hand to assist Vespera into the gondola. As soon as they sat, the gondolier poled away, he needed no directions.

As they poled along, Lumhai pointed out two of the more interesting buildings. ”Dira’s Spire, the spiraled black and white tower with the clock, is, essentially, Dira’s home. There is an orb inside that glows when she is present,” He said as the boat glided by. ”The other is the Watchtower, one of few remaining in Mizahar. When the season changes, and it soon will, the gemstone at the top will flash and change color.”

As they traveled the canals, Lumhai kept Vespera occupied with small talk. He mostly spoke of Black Rock, its climate and economy, the people, and something of its religion. He spoke of how the city changed, and how Dira’s Omens and gondoliers assisted people trapped during the change. He offered Vespera an Ashl and Miza, to compare.

It wasn’t long before the gondola bumped against another dock. Lumhai assisted Vespera from the boat, and thanked the gondolier. From there, it was a short walk to his home. After working the latchkey, Lumhai swung the door wide, and gestured for Vespera to enter.

“If you would like, feel free to… ah… use my bed, or I could direct you to Zynna, a tailor. She will likely have something for you.”
Lumhai
Player

Words: 6900
Joined roleplay: February 12th, 2010, 7:37 pm
Character sheet

Postby Vespera on March 7th, 2010, 2:32 am

Vespera barely spoke, but she listened intensely. And when they arrived at the dwelling, she could not wrap her mind around something as basic as needing clothing.

With not a mote of shyness, Vespera made for the bed and slid into its embrace. She couldn't ever remember feeling such intense exhaustion, and the moment she lay her head on the pillow, she fell into a desperate sleep.

Her hair pooled like spilled ink. The face cradled within it looked deathly in comparison. If not for the rapid pattern of her breathing, one might think her a corpse. But her lashes fluttered, and her lips parted with sharp intakes of breath. Her sleep was dreamless, at least to her memory.

When she stirred at dusk, it was in the midst of transformation. Sitting, she lifted her hands to cradle her head, and closed them over the horns coiling there. Suddenly, she had an overwhelming desire to see.

"A mirror. Is there a mirror?" Her voice was thick with sleep, but her mind felt sharp.

The shadows of twilight had sneaked into the corners as she slept. What windows were there let in the waning light of sky, bruising purple into night. Though she couldn't see much, she knew someone else was there, or had been recently. Lumhai. She remembered him and, as though through a fog, the other man, and the words he had said: what he had called her. Falling star.

"Lumhai? Have you ever heard of people falling from the sky, as stars?" Her gaze slid through the darkened room, searching for the man who had brought her here. "Do you know what I am?"
Vespera
Player

Words: 5678
Joined roleplay: February 11th, 2010, 11:41 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet

Postby Jeremiah DraDerex on March 11th, 2010, 2:17 am

Draven had fallowed the duo, gently drifting where he wanted to go not bothering to feign the ability to walk like he had a solid body. The entire time the duo was on the boat, his eyes where on the fair Vespera. He found her alluring not only with her beauty but his curiosity of her origins. In his eyes anything that falls from the heavens above must be treated like a goddess.

When the duo finally reached Lumhai's place he noted that he lived not much unlike he and Jerry. Despite Lumhai's looks he lived just like the rest of us, in poverty. That didn't bother Draven, nothing really bothered the wandering spirit.

He fallowed the women as she slid into bed and was immediately enveloped with unconsciousness. Even though she was asleep he did not leave her side; he stood, levitated at the foot of the bed hidden from the untrained eyes and observed her.
---------------------------------------------------------

Mid-day had arrived and Jerry could tell. The warmth of the sun warming his bare belly as he lied half covered by shadows. He stretches and yawns slowly sitting up. "Oh man just what I needed, a nice nap."
He began to slowly stand and brush the sand from his back, the small indentations in his skin cause a strange tingling sensation as they are suddenly void of the particulate that once occupied the space. After he had finished inspecting himself he discovered that he had been sun burned, a perfect line separating white skin from red cross his tummy at a diagonal.

"Oh Bugger!"

He cursed to himself as he touched the red and watched his skin go from bright red to white then back to red. Sighing he began to walk over the walk back to his home. He thought to himself, "What should I do today? Maybe I can get some practice in on creating soul mist. Oh but what of that strange girl?" He pondered to himself before disappearing into the rocky terrain of the rock.

-------------------------------------------------------

Wonders of wonder Draven thought to himself as he watched those horns begin to grow back on Vespera. He was excited that he was actually witnessing the transformation of a star.

He then noticed the star stirring in her slumber and slowly awakening. The purple dim lights compliment the little lite in the room. Draven assumes the light being created in the dark home came from candles much like what Jerry has. It was then he realized that Vespera could see him and he started to panic a little, why he did not know. Perhaps it was because he had never been in the presence of the opposite gender without his brother near by.

When Vespera got up and asked to find out where a mirror was, he was compelled to say "Over there." but he knew not many could hear him. His ability to learn how to become stronger as a ghost capped by Lhex who felt that since he had a strong tie with the living he had no need to become anymore stronger then a wandering spirit.

Suddenly he could feel a presence near by, it was not Lumhai but one more familiar to him. "Brother," he said to himself.
Jeremiah DraDerex
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Jeremiah DraDerex on March 21st, 2010, 4:53 pm

Draven distracted by the sudden excitement of having his better half return from his day to Lumhai's residence inadvertently made himself semi visible. Vespera sure would see him now, but he didn't care. Now talking directly to Vespera excited, "My brother had found us, it is an accomplishment even for himself."

He floated near the lady in a non threatening way. "You know I think my brother can help you out more to figure out who it is you actually are." He said this hoping to tantalize the maiden.
Jeremiah DraDerex
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Previous