When the Thief Speaks (Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Arryn Veseere on October 7th, 2011, 9:58 pm

Arryn grimaced; she hadn't thought that Jerico and her could have just both picked opposite hands. In the end she was right, but just as easily she could have been wrong. Her brows furrowed slightly, what did it matter that she hadn't thought of Jerico's presence? She was use to working alone, living alone... being alone, and it's only natural to not rely on anyone else with a lifestyle like that. But it made her reflective, made the thief wonder just what kind of person she might be. And maybe, what kind of person she could have been. Well, she had only met the singer; who knew what he could have done? It was better this way anyways, and she won, didn't she?

In the next moment she flashed a triumphant grin, her puzzled expression disappearing like it was never there. True to his word the assassin gave them their three mizas and without another word turned on his heel and stalked into the tavern. Arryn watched his retreating back, realizing belatedly that he was rhyming his words. "What an odd character", she thought to herself as she shared a bemused look with Jerico. "What do you think that was about?" She asked softly as she pocketed the gold. She wouldn't complain, of course, but she was curious to the madness the seized the man. She shook her head, replaying the scene again. "What an unusual man," she murmured aloud this time.

She blinked, and just as quickly dismissed the whole event. She had gold now, and had just made an assassin's acquaintance. Arryn looked over to the singer again, and remembering why they were out here in the first place, gave him an irrepressible smile. "It's a good thing you've managed to clean yourself up now, although," she paused and made a show of inhaling. "I'm afraid you'll stink until your next bath." She chuckled and cocked her head towards the tavern door. "Shall we? I'm feeling unusually charitable; I'll buy you a drink and you can play us a song." She winked and walked into the tavern.

Immediately Arryn found herself scanning the tavern patrons until she found the four men she marked earlier. They were - unfortunately - only a few tables away from her own, and Arryn rolled her shoulders uncomfortably. Mok seemed to possess a rather short fuse and barbaric temper, and his cousin Cade... well she didn't know about him yet. Either way, there was the possibility of a fight, and Arryn wasn't really what you'd call a brawler. Her searching eyes left the men and found the assassin, and after a moment's hesitation she raised a hand in a greeting and flashed a quick smile at him. Then the thief returned to her seat, smirking slightly as the freckled-face wench mopped the floor around Jerico's chair.

OOCOh my god that is awesome news! MUAHAHAH! Thanks Antar :D
Arryn Veseere
Player

Words: 25568
Joined roleplay: September 11th, 2011, 1:27 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Jerico on October 8th, 2011, 3:17 am

Jerico gladly accepted the mizas and watched Antar head inside. Turning to Arryn, Jerico was about to congratulate her on figuring out the man’s ploy, before noticing the triumphant grin that spread on her face. He slipped the three mizas into his pocket before returning her question.

“I‘m not quite sure, this is Sunberth, there’s quite a lot of strange and crazy people here”

He shrugged, not really knowing anything else to add to Antar’s strange behavior. At mention of his clothes and Arryn’s dramtic inhaling he laughed again.

“You're most likely right on that as well, I'll be in need of quite a wash after tonight. Let's jsut hope you can sing as well as you talk.”

With a laughing smile he followed Arryn back into the tavern. Upon entering he glanced around, spotting Antar first at his lonesome corner and then the group he had been with before nearby. Moving to the table he grinned before gesturing to his clothes.

“Now that I am somewhat cleansed of Cade’s…expulsions, I do believe that I owe you all a song. Since it was drinking that brought most of us here I think I know just the song for to pay that debt”
Jerico
Player

Words: 11043
Joined roleplay: August 6th, 2011, 5:11 pm
Character sheet

Postby Kaevic on October 8th, 2011, 3:39 am

Kaevic sat at his table and drank. He wasn't up for playing the fiddle tonight and he hadn't done any smithing in a few days. It seemed like the only reason he was finding work recently was because of the lack of proper authority in Sunberth. He waved the serving girl over for another whiskey, intentionally not drinking the weaker alcohols for fear that something in them might be alive.

For the last short while he'd been watching people progressively enter and exit the tavern and watching for those bastards that tried to rob him a few days ago, but so far it was looking like they had finally gotten the message. On the other hand, Kaevic thought, that just means they'll go on to rob someone less prepared for a fight. Since he had arrived in Sunberth Kaevic had been in more brawls, clashes, and robberies than he had previously thought possible. And had learned to always take his blade with him, and never carry more money than he was going to need.

Kaevic was pleased, this was so far turning out to be an unusually uneventful night. Not necessarily a bad thing, but that meant the owner might come over to ask him to play the fiddle tonight. Which, considering the quality of whiskey he was forced to drink, didn't really appeal to him. So that was why every time the owner looked his way, he just rubbed the pommel of his sword and glared around the room. Eying the doorway as a few more people entered Kaevic thought about how nice it would be to just drink for once. No fighting, no playing, no anything.
Kaevic
Player

Words: 7170
Joined roleplay: September 29th, 2011, 5:01 am
Character sheet

Postby Cade on October 9th, 2011, 1:05 am

Cade had made it to the bar with only a few stumbles here and there. He decided it was best to sit there for a few minutes to settle his stomach after his upheaval then hasty retreat to his position now. The barbarian's face was beginning to gain more color, more flush then moments ago of pale white. He looked at the
bartender with his mother's svefran blue eyes which was in contrast to his savage myrian build. The joys of being of mix blood, one always get folk to take double glances at him.

" One horn of mead" Cade mumbled his order to the bartender, placing his mizas on the countertop. Honey wine was one of his greatest weaknesses. He could not let the horn be dry nor could he keep the horn full and as he recieved the horn of mead, the barbarian titled his head and began to skull the godly nectar. That was when a skinny topless fellow bumped into the half blood myrian forcing Cade to spill the honey wine all over his face and himself. He gently placed the cup on the table, looking at the empty horn in dismay and shock.

" Hey......I be sorry" Said the skinny man, obviously just as obliterated as Cade was. The culprit gazed upon Cade, looking him up and down licking his lips in only what the barbarian could figure was lustful intentions and fantasies. "How about I help you clean up then I buy you a drink big guy............ and then maybe you could show a lonely kelvic a good time in sunberth".

Cade smiled at the flattery and waved the kelvic closer to him as he himself tried to stay stable on the stool. "Come here" His fingure motioned him closer and the drunk kelvic man moved closer. " Closer" Cade whispered, still smiling with a touch of flirtation.

The kelvic's smiled in return as his face was mere inches from Cade's " I have no problem in helping you clean here and now" He whispered back, his hand caressing the barbarian's ass. With out warning, or any sign of aggression Cade had gripped the kelvic by the back of his head and then planting him face first into the counter with savage ferocity. The kelvic was out cold, a few teeth remained on the table top as he slumped to the ground.

The violent act barely stirred any attention as a few made looky loos before carrying on to their own business. The barbarian then took the kelvics purse and planting it on the table as well a small sack of pulp grounded to be smoked. That brought a smile to Cade's face and explained the kelvic's passes towards him, he was higher then a kite.

Cade then lifted the unconscious kelvic over his shoulder and stumbled back to his table with a wolfish grin upon his face. He tossed the newly acquired purse upon the table " I will be back in a few........ I have a date" Cade chuckled while walking away from the table " And the next round of drinks is on him".

With that Cade had stumbled out from the tavern with his unconscious kidnapped kelvic that was about to be his entertainment for the night.
Cade
The Crimson Hand

Words: 179276
Joined roleplay: June 9th, 2011, 7:33 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Arryn Veseere on October 11th, 2011, 8:54 pm

"And ain't that the truth," she replied to Jerico. Sunberth was certainly rife with all sorts of characters. At the singing comment Arryn grimaced. "I can hardly hold a note, thank you. I will leave the singing to you, and will 'oh' and 'ah' like the best court ladies." She snickered to herself.

As they returned to their table and Jerico settled himself, ready to play the song they were all demanding of him, Cade came through the crowd with a rather slender man slung over his shoulder, a crimson parody of a smile on his bloodied face. The large man has a predatory smile on his face, and combined with his words Arryn's eyes widened slightly. 'Better him than me,' she thought frantically, feeling little pity for the man. When you grew up in Sunberth pity was expelled out of you at a very young age. Even so Arryn turned her face to the side slightly, imagining that the man would wake up to quite the unpleasant feeling tomorrow morning. If Cade let him live at all.

The thief cleared her throat uncomfortably as Cade left - Gods knew she wasn't going to stop the hulking, brutal man! - and found the four syndicate men consuming their drinks as quickly as they could. She grimaced when she noticed their yellow slashes that were tied to their waist and her right hand twitched. 'Canaries,' she recognized with some alarm, 'and aren't we just the best of friends?' They were relatively small time, but they were part of a gang, and that kind of association usually made chests swell with arrogance and words come tumbling out with the fighting intentions.

'Doesn't help that I tried to rob them and barely got out with my life.' She grimaced and sunk lower in her chair, hoping that they wouldn't realize that the dark shadow a few weeks ago was, indeed, her.
Arryn Veseere
Player

Words: 25568
Joined roleplay: September 11th, 2011, 1:27 pm
Character sheet

Postby Jerico on October 12th, 2011, 3:08 am

Jerico watched Cade leave, feeling slightly uncomfortable in the tavern now. He’d like to think that things like that didn’t happen, yet here it was, happening right in front of him. Shaking away the uneasiness he felt he plucked a single string on his mandolin. He quickly grew calm as he played, the music soothing and ridding his uneasiness. Then the tempo picked up and Jerico began to sing. His voice changed greatly, taking a sing song tone.

“Drunk last night. Drunk the night before,
Gonna get drunk again like I never been drunk before”

Keeping the tune light and merry he sped up the tempo. His voice rose louder until it could be heard across the room. After Cade's display of what happened behind closed doors, Jerico was eager to take their minds off of it.

“For when I‘m drunk I‘m as happy as can be,
Even more when it‘s at the Pig‘s Foot!

The Pig is the best old tavern
That was ever made here in Sunberth,

With their beers and meads
Ales and spirits.”

His playing slowed and he away from the table towards the middle of the room. Jerico's voice lowered slightly, yet it still rang out clear around the tavern.

“Now when they made taverns, they didn‘t make much,
But they surely made ’em good enough for this ol‘bunch!”

Jerico began glided around the room, stopping at each table as he sang. Though he made sure to skip around the one that the canaries were at.

“Raise your voices!
Raise your mugs!

Bring down a keg of beer for all of us!
Shout and pray to the Gods that there be no more of us”

He stopped playing abruptly a single strum and glanced around the room.

“For just one could drink it all alone!”

As he spoke the final verse he had arrived back at their table and ended the song with one more strum of the strings. He shot a look at the group with a wide grin. When he spoke the sing song tone had gone and it was at it’s normal volume.

“So, do I still owe you all a song?”
Jerico
Player

Words: 11043
Joined roleplay: August 6th, 2011, 5:11 pm
Character sheet

Postby Kaevic on October 12th, 2011, 1:54 pm

Not half bad, Kaevic thought to himself after the mandolin performance. At least is had distracted him from that garish display of... attraction? Kaevic had considered stepping in as the brutish fellow was carrying the Kelvic away, but decided that the Kelvic was probably asking for it.. and was smiling on the way out anyway.

While watching the entertainer he had noticed that he specifically had avoided the table with the Canaries. Easily noticeable with their yellow sashes.

Sighing to himself Kelvic brought out his fiddle, originally he hadn't intended to play it. However, now he was in the mood for music and no one else seemed about to break into song. Standing up and leaning against the wall near his table he began to play slowly and quickly picked up tempo and turned it into a drinking tune he had learned from his uncle.

The mood of the tavern continued to pick up from after the mandolin player. And, as always, the owner seemed to slip a few drinks on the house his way.
Kaevic
Player

Words: 7170
Joined roleplay: September 29th, 2011, 5:01 am
Character sheet

Postby Bob Barton on October 13th, 2011, 3:07 am

After a lot of talking mostly to kill time, about Cade and Mok's favorite activities which went a lot like "so was Cade dumped by yet another woman? He seems to be drinking off something" and "why are you so eager to deal with something Mok? Did not have enough of killing lately?" Questions which would normally get a person killed by the two halfbloods unless of course said person were friends. Alright, at least conspirators in various misdeeds after being forcibly dragged along. Not that Bob expected to get any proper answers from the two drunks but he had to do something until Arynn and Jerico returned.

They did soon enough and Bob could see that Jerico had at least tried his best to clean himself up from Cade's little mess. That still won't let him have Jerico near him, the man might still stink of Cade! So Bob tried to ignore him, smiling at Arynn and gesturing Antar to come over who instead thought it was better to sit alone somewhere. If that man can't even be with people who will have him then he really had issues which Bob had already suspected long ago. Or Bob could just be still sore from always being thrown around by him to people like those yellow canaries which were not important enough for any notice.

Would people think Bob was as paranoid as Antar with what happened next? When that man came over to the table to "bump" on Cade, Bob was jumpy enough to make his sword jump from his cane thinking that those fellows which attacked him and the boy earlier were finally here for him. After some paranoid thoughts he suddenly stood up and raised his cane at the kelvic as soon as he heard the head banging on to the counter only to see that Cade was already taking care of it. Relieved that he was still safe he took his seat again. "Yes, you go do that..." knowing how Cade normally treated, or got his dates but whatever happened it was better to the kelvic than Bob himself.

Jerico's song was probably one of the biggest pain's that Bob had to live through. Even Lark's drunken singing about Ravok with his slurred up speech and misspoken lyrics were a lot more better than a song about getting drunk. How many times did Jerico say drunk? There was two in the first line and another two in the second line but "that can't be right" because who in their right mind would say drunk together like that? Unable to resist, Bob asked the group "how many times can a person say drunk? I think our friend Jerico here could really use the drinks that Cade's companion" the pitiful kelvic "already paid for. So we can save that song for later" or preferably never.
Bob Barton
Player

Words: 1121818
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2011, 12:21 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Mok on October 17th, 2011, 6:19 pm

Mok head was swimming. Everything was fuzzy in his eyes. The myrian hardly remembered anything at all. All he knew what that he was talking to Bob and Cade about nonsense. Looking at the little person sitting near him, the myrian began to laugh slightly. He just realized that he was smashed. Bob was trying to entertain his friends by talking about…well…nothing! Mok realized this, but he didn’t care. The myrians and Bob continued to talk gibberish until the rest of the folks came back to the table.

That’s when Cade stood up and left. Or was it? For the most part the myrian stayed quiet and listened to the others. Mok was way too drunk to understand what was going on at the time. Jerico sang a song that the myrian had never heard before. Hic…! Mok started to hiccup. What was this song about? Where were they? How much did Mok drink? What in the gods name was Antar and Bob doing? Huh…hic…! Jerico’s song had gotten Mok in the mood to sing. Smiling he picked up the pitcher of beer and smiled at Arryn.

He was DONE.

“Oi, boys,” Mok shouted to his table and everyone at the bar, “Enough! Let us sing the Pig’s Foot anthem!”

Standing up with great difficulty, the half blood cleared his throat and began, “There is an inn, a merry ol’ inn, beneath the starry sky, and there they brew a beer so brown--”

CRASH!! Mok fell down in his drunkenness. The night was over for him. It was soon time for Antar and Bob to help him back home.

oocI am ready to end this thread and get whatever exp we can get :D

Red = Myrian
Bold = Common
"If you want some, get some, bad enough, take some,
But watch the sword by my side,
Because it represents me and the motherpetching east side"
-one of Mok's mottos
Mok
The Sunberthian Gangster

Words: 149901
Joined roleplay: June 20th, 2011, 5:06 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Cade on October 17th, 2011, 10:35 pm

The half blood myrian savage moved deeper into the slums of sunberth, an unconscious body of a man drapped over his shoulder that he collected from the Pig Foots Tavern made no fuss with his trek. Not many denizens of this dilapidated section of the city even made eye contact with the barbarian, let alone stuck their business into why the mountain of a man was carrying a unconscious drunk kelvic upon his shoulder. Not even when he continued past the slums borders and into the outskirts of the city. The sun was just beginning to breath, littering the skies with many colors from purple to orange.

Once Cade found himself a large tree with a sturdy branch, he fashioned his rope into a noose and tightened it around the oblivious drunk's neck. Cade then tossed the free end over the branch and began to hoist his victim two feet off the ground. The man quickly woke, his body spasiming for air as his hands and legs kicked in all directions. Cade tied his end off at the base of the tree then making his way closer to the struggling body. The victim had grasped the noose just above his head and hoisted himself a little higher as the Savage laughed a sadistic laugh at his attempts of survival while Cade prepared to work his drunkeness off with excercise.

"He..lpppe......meeee" The man managed to squeak as The barbarian walked closer towards him. Cade only shook his head as he squared himself with the hanging man, his feet shoulder width apart. Cade angled his left foot so that his toes met his right toes at an angle. The position was difficult when he was first taught, but it was beginning to become natural as he kept his hips facing forward. Cade then, with his left foot, stepped forward about fifteen inches, keeping his left toes pointing at 2 o'clock while He Raised his right heal slightly off the ground keeping their toes to 2 O'clock as well. He examine his stance, making sure his hips were level, even though his feet were staggered. He knew to keep his hips directly under his shoulders and directly over the midpoint between his feet for his body was always to work as a solid unit.

Cade's focused on the struggling man, whose strength was beginning to fail on his grasp of the rope. Cade raised his left hand to cheek level, with his palm facing his own face as he made a fist. Cade the carried his right fist to chin level, with palms facing himself making sure he did not bring his shoulders back up and around his ears. Boxing was a challenging and rewarding sport and martial arts. It not only benefits one's bones and muscles, but also great for the psyche. Here Cade was going to practice the fundamentals of boxing basic techniques using the hanging man before him as a punching bag while sobering himself.

" Time to be of use.....meat bag"
Cade chuckled sadistically at his victim before him with his arms straining to keep him from strangling. The barbarian had no morals and thought it best to use a real body to practice his fists upon instead of some makeshift bag. Drunkards were not that hard to find, let alone probably won't be missed making them the perfect punching bags for the Myrian half blood to practice with tell he gets himself into real matches.

After establishing his stance, Cade shifted his weight to his left leg, pivoting his right foot so that his toes were pointing forward and simultaneously striking out with a right punch. The impact of his fist upon the man's face, knocked his head back and forcing him to lose the grip he hand on the rope. His body once more began to spasm for air as his hands once more grasped for the rope above his bloodied face. Cade's victim was gritting through the barbarian's straight punch so he could continue on breathing.

Cade retracted his hand instantly after the punch was landed, returning his body back to its original stance. The barbarian then shifted his weight to his right foot, pivoting on his left while rotating his body and striking out with his left arm at a ninety degree angle, landing a vicious left hook into the rib cage of the hanging man. Cade could feel the man's ribs crack, but his relentlessness to cling to life was literally that, he was still grasping the rope above his head with all he had, his body flailing about while Cade brought his left hand back and regaining his position. Then once again he lashed out at the defenceless man, this time with a right hook with all the same body motions just reverse from the left, impacting the man just below the armpit. The feeling of broken ribs upon strike brought pure joy to the barbarian as he continued his practice. He had to respect the man for he still held on for dear life.

Cade moved back into his original stance, knee bent while lowering his shoulder as he dropped the right side of his body in a semi crouch position remembering to keep his left fist up by his chin to protect his head. He rotated his hips forward, pushing on the ball of is back foot, punching his right fist up towards the man's chin keeping his arms bent at a right angle for the most power through delivery and follow through. The drunkard's head snapped back as blood and fragments of teeth spat from his mouth gap as his hands fell limp to his sides once more with the noose tightening up around his neck. The man was unconscious once more, this time his body twitched for air with no attempts from the man to save himself.

Cade continued to practice his boxing, moving about as the now expired drunkard swayed from the tree with every punishing blow The Barbarian landed. He savagely kept up the flurry of blows as the carcass was nothing more then mush and blood, sweat flooding from Cade was proof of the exertion he put into his practice and focus. Only then when he was out of breath, his muscles aching for a break did he give up on the barrage of fists, panting for much desperate air as he marvelled at his work.

Believing that he deserved a treat Cade snatched the drug "pulp" from the kelvics stash and blended it into his capped mead horn which was half filled with the warm honey wine. Cade swished it around before skulling the contents. He sat against the tree watching the skinny kelvic man sway in the wind while he waited for the effects to take place.
Cade
The Crimson Hand

Words: 179276
Joined roleplay: June 9th, 2011, 7:33 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

PreviousNext