O.o

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

O.o

Postby Mai'na on February 17th, 2010, 3:20 am

Its well past ten in Ontario and in between each additional goal of the Men's Olympic Hockey game a key board bound blonde strums at the keys of her laptop. Attention divided between the monitor and the television screen she begins an attempt at hacking into the ice in the room.

Greetings!

After a lengthy time of becoming increasingly frustrated at the quality of the RP at LARPs in my area, I have decided to re-visit my once prolific hobby of RP forums. After a lengthy search I can along Mizahar and needless to say I like the ideas here and am interested in involving myself.

I have decided that the first race I'd like to make an attempt at playing is a Konti. I was wondering if any of you have any tips or helpful advice for a beginner playing a Konti.

I've read a great deal of content on this site and feel that i am grasping the concepts and ideas of the game world rather well and felt that the only logical step to take next was to introduce myself.

So, hello, you all can call me Mai'na I suppose.

*waves*

I'm currently working on my character and will be posting it soon, but, I've seemed to have hit a wall. I can't seem to find where to post my character once she is completed so that she may be looked at thoroughly for approval.

I'm beginning to think I'm lost...

*snickers*

Can some one please place me in the lost and found for a Mod to find? :paranoid:

I'd greatly appreciate it.
Mai'na
Halton Banshee

Words: 9286
Joined roleplay: February 17th, 2010, 2:39 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet

Re: O.o

Postby Eshatoh on February 17th, 2010, 3:40 am

Hello, great to have you here. Let me be the first to greet you as I live in Michigan so am almost Canadian myself. =P

Anyways, to move you firmly from the lost section to the found, as far as I know we don't have a formal character sheet approval system. Instead you just post your CS here, and if there are any problems a mod will contact you. Come pop into chat or post here if you have any other questions.

Have fun creating a character, oh, and come to Eyktol.
Image rights for signature and avatar belong to TheGreenestRose and digitaldao respectively
Eshatoh
On the other side of the hill

Words: 36644
Joined roleplay: November 29th, 2009, 8:11 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Chaktawe
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Lore Author (1)

Postby Stitch on February 17th, 2010, 3:44 am

LARPING. -hughughug-

I think you will fit in perfectly here. <333
Stitch
Blind Man

Words: 498882
Joined roleplay: December 11th, 2009, 8:48 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 12
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (3) Advocate (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Thunderspork (1)

Postby Pua on February 17th, 2010, 5:06 am

Aloha Miss Mai'na I Suppose. That's a long name, so I'm just going to call you Mai'na for short...Unless you would prefer Suppose.

Anyway lots of welcomes from myself and I'm sure you shall fit in famously. Don't worry, most of us are friendly enough to help out with any questions you may have.

~Passes out Welcome Cookies~
Pua
Bald Jungle Hunk

Words: 45470
Joined roleplay: February 13th, 2010, 4:18 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Alistair deGrey on February 17th, 2010, 5:58 am

Saluto Mai'na!

Come visit us colorful characters in chat! Well, I'm actually in greyscale, but most of us are colorful!

In chat you can find at least one mod most of the time, and then there are us to help. You'll also enjoy the lovely conversations about, well, everything...
Alistair deGrey
Wulgaru given Breath

Words: 209442
Joined roleplay: December 25th, 2009, 9:48 am
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Lore Author (1) Trailblazer (1)

Postby Siiri on February 17th, 2010, 6:52 am

Hi Mai'na! Welcome to Mizahar!

I recommend getting in touch with Kamalia or Satu for tips on Konti goodness. :D

Hope to see you in chat some time. ^^
Apologies to everyone I'm threading with, but it's like the Danaides for me right now.
==/==
"If it doesn't solve all your problems, maybe you're not using enough of it." - Violence
Siiri
Beast of Prey

Words: 521753
Joined roleplay: September 18th, 2009, 3:22 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Tanavar on February 17th, 2010, 8:17 am

Mai'na wrote:I'm beginning to think I'm lost...

Hehehe, welcome to my world! I've started exploring Mizahar a few days ago, and still lost in it's vast treasures. Anyway, WELCOME to the MIZAHAR... :)
Heeding the call, one and for all,
Never surrender, in glory we fall...
Tanavar
Player

Words: 6538
Joined roleplay: February 15th, 2010, 10:40 am
Character sheet

Postby Gossamer on February 17th, 2010, 9:18 am

Well met and welcome! I hope you enjoy your stay here and get to participate in lots of wonderful stories. It's well worth the time and effort.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Tarot on February 17th, 2010, 9:59 am

Welcome to Mizahar, Mai'na. Enjoy your stay here. :)

To answer your question, character sheets are posted here, but there is no approval process. If a mod notices a glaring mistake in your CS, they will gently let you know so you can fix it, but other than that we don't believe in judging someone's character concept before they even start playing.
Tarot's thread tickets: sold out. Not accepting any more threads for the time being unless I promised you one. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Tarot
May you live in interesting times

Words: 766317
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:29 pm
Blog: View Blog (11)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Being Tarot Award (1)
O RLY Decoration (1)

Postby Kamalia Timandre on February 17th, 2010, 10:33 am

Greetings and well met, Ma'ina! I am thrilled to find another player planning to play as a konti. I would like to believe that there's no "correct" way to play a konti, especially since one can choose not to be a konti raised in Mura, and/or some of the konti-girls here, and that includes me, have a slight predilection for punching people's noses. *cackle*

If you want to know more about the konti culture, this one was just recently written: http://www.mizahar.com/lore/Mura

If you plan to be a konti who was raised in Mura, I'd like to add that most konti are slightly empathic, and tend to either avoid confrontation or otherwise, be brutally honest, since in an Island of Seers, there is little room for lies and secrets. I've also made it a point that Kamalia is quite a stranger to privacy, since konti are a very open community. I also believe that fortune-telling is something important to all konti, and they regard it as a holy, sophisticated craft, rather than something imprecise.

These are not suggestions on how to play konti. These are merely some of my perceptions and how I view the konti in general. My character used to be a very typical konti, until she got exiled from Mura! :P
Kamalia Timandre
I send a hail of burning ice!

Words: 254985
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2009, 8:37 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Thread (1) Peer Reviewer (1)