Signing Your Death Warrant.

A revealing of a plan that could lead to the death of a powerful and feared man in Sunberth, Goldfinger. …why the hell is Bob here?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Darik on October 5th, 2011, 10:17 pm

Date: 48th((night))
Pcs Present: Darik, Lyth, Zandelia+Bob

I would be apprehensive about this tale if I already didn’t know the outcome. I can assure you it isn’t happy, but this is but my point of view. Some of you may be thrilled, others may be appalled. Sadly, history can’t be changed, just like death can’t be cheated. Or so they said.

I will recap for you if you haven’t read any of my previous sagas. Darik, a human thief of unsurpassable skill, held to the morals of a thief. Meaning he had but one law to uphold, always be greedy. It caused him to lose his friends, allies, and even his parents, but he still made his order proud.

Being a lad, I’m sorry a man, ((Darik always disliked people pointing out his young and venerable age)) of intense greed, Darik was always looking for opportunities to grow his stash of money. He found a bounty that would double his current money and after promising Tua((a man with a thieves mentality)) a cut of the profit, he started working on a plan to succeed. His first obstacle was trying to find accomplishes, Tua had plainly hint that he needed help to succeed in this bounty. This partly worried Darik, he wasn’t exactly a people person.

Yet, like any good hero of a tale he overcame his obstacle and found two associates. He was vague with them, but he did it so well they were intrigued. He had given them a bit of bait and had reeled them into his clutches. So who were these two unlucky souls? Zandelia and Lyth. One was a female capable of breaking a man’s back, and the other was quick and swift. The perfect kind of people for a deadly job like Goldfinger’s assassination.

Yet, he could tell neither of them what the contract was or when they were going to carry it out. When he met each one in a bar, there were too many people around. Trusting people on your first meeting isn’t the smartest to do, but Darik didn’t trust them. You don’t need to trust someone to work with them. Still, he needed to meet the two mercenaries so he could discuss his plans. And this time, he would meet them in secret, not in a rambunctious bar.

His time was much too valuable to go chasing after them though. Instead he went to the library on the 47th, it still surprises me to this day that they have one, to buy some supplies. One of the librarians was completely ecstatic to sell two pieces of paper, a quill, and a bottle of ink to Darik. He still had to pay 2 gm, 8 sm, and 5 cm for it, but that money would be made back one hundred full when the job was completed.

At his “house” specifically an upstairs bedroom at Killroy’s, he knelt down by one of his employees footlockers. He wouldn’t use his, he had spent his own money on it and it was much to valuable to get stains on it. He held down the paper with one hand and with the other he dipped his quill in the ink. The ink swirled around the sharpened tip of the feather and when he withdrew it, the ink clung to its tip. He then wrote on the paper, his letters slurred together from the lack of practicing the skill in years. It was remarkable he could even remember the alphabet for how long he has been out of school!

After he finished both of the letters, he folded them in in half. He then wrote two appropriately named title on the folded side. Picking up the ink(( and closing it of course)) and quill he put them in his footlocker. Darik was frustrated at opening the lock to the footlocker then locking it again but it was obvious to him the precaution was well worth it. He didn’t want anyone to steal his valuables.

Outside he found a lad, that looked quick on his feet. Darik handed over the two notes and gave him detailed instructions. “If you look at these, you’re dead. I want you to deliver these letters to the names on the front. Find were they are however you wish. When you find them tell them to give you some sort of token in response. If you do this correctly, and within a day, you will be paid.” Darik also handed over his spare change (( 1 sm, 5 cm)) just to prove he would pay.

To Lyth((If this Talcum, please hand it to your associate that could go by the name, Lyth.)) :
This is Mouse.

Remember me? I hope so, because we need to discuss the “contract”. I can’t say any more then this in case the letter is intercepted or read by the wrong eyes. Meet me on the night nineteen days after we met but subtract all the items I threw on that faithful night. Then on that night((Leave around the twentieth bell)) go down the way you left and hook a right. After passing three alleys,((You’ll know you passed it if you see a rope is hanging at about hip height)) take a left, then immediately take another one. There I will be. I hope you have a good memory, because you will need it.
P.S If there are others there, don’t be surprised. Its takes more than two to finish a contract like this.

oocIf you can’t read the cursive, just quote my post and it will appear in normal form.

To Zandelia :
Hello Zandelia, if your name is Zandelia. I wouldn’t put you past it past you to change it.

But for that very same reasons I want to meet you so we can discuss the “contract” I hinted about many moons ago. I have waited so long for…precautionary reasons as you know is many in this type of business. I want you to meet me thirty seven days after we met, minus how many times you stabbed the poor fella in the chest, plus the amount of drinks you ordered. On that day((at around the twentieth bell)) I want you to walk from the tavern we had met and keep going past the crooked tree. ((If the slag heap fire isn’t directly in front of you, you are going the wrong way.)) Take a left, right before Stumble Alley. After that, take one more right, then you will meet me. I hope to see you there…that is…if you like money.
P.S If there are others there, don’t be surprised. Its takes more than two to finish a contract like this.

oocSame thing: If you can’t read the cursive, just quote my post and it will appear in normal form.
The boy ran off into the distance. The next day he returned with two tokens that proved the notes had been received. Darik, being a fair and just man, handed over two gm. The kid, with a look of pure happiness on his face, ran off. All Darik could hope is that he hadn’t opened the letters.

He wasted the rest of his day, lounging about. When it was the nineteenth bell he left. He went fast, he didn’t want to be late to his own meeting. He weaved in and out of the streets looking for the meeting spot. He finally found it, and settled in there. It was an alley((could fit maybe three people side to side, so maybe a small street)) with a brick wall to the back, making it secure. To a visitor it would seem like a regular alley with no importance. But not to Darik. This was actually the alley he had conspired with a negative influence to kill a Stormwarden. That tale is a secret though, so I will not impose more of it to you. All you need to know is that Darik put his back to the wall and waited for them to come.

money lost5 gm.
People!Let’s have a posting order please! :P So whoever posts first(( Lyth or Zan)) then we will continue in that order. Bob after both of them have posted you can join.((He doesn’t have specific directions))
Last edited by Darik on October 8th, 2011, 1:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Darik
Troublemaker

Words: 231903
Joined roleplay: July 6th, 2011, 5:42 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Zandelia on October 5th, 2011, 11:47 pm

Zandelia’s Tent

The note came unexpectedly, and after all that had happened in the first half of the Fall season she was not exactly sure that she was wise to even open it. To her mind it could have been covered with an invisible poison, the insides filled with flash dust or it might even have been some form of death threat – in which case she really wouldn’t have wanted to open it. When it had been delivered to her, in the hand of a grubby youth whom she had given the heel of her loaf of bread to as fair payment, her heart thawing slightly at the sight of the small, dishevelled creature, she had merely stuffed it into the leather-bound scroll case she kept her missives and personal information scrap in. she had then gone about her day as usual, training briefly with Mok, as had become almost too frequent now, and served her duty as a word runner. It had been a full day, filled with danger and pain – as per usual. Now, however, sat on her bedrolls, the folded note on the floor between her feet, staring at it.

What in the name of Akajia could it be? I haven’t asked for, nor paid for mind, a snippet of information in days! This can’t be from a usual source, nor could it be from anyone I know. They would have told me to my face I know so few people she thought to herself, her curiosity and innate need to know all secrets wearing away at her caution.

Her curious nature eventually got the better of her – though her caution led her to flip open the note from a distance using the tip of one of her knives. Nothing occurred that she could detect, even after leaving it for a full thirty seconds before she reached out to inspect the contents. As it transpired it turned out to be a note – and one from a boy whom last she saw had been walking from a tavern after hitting her with a chair what seemed like too long ago now. She had perused his words from that night for many days, but as time had slipped by and left it blank and devoid of any return on the words she had merely forgotten its relevance. Now, here, it was brought back with a dash of surprise and she was not so sure she should even respond in kind.

The petching thing did hit me with a chair, and would have left me to be taken by that thug too. I owe him nothing and he knows it! she snorted to herself as she rolled the note back up and placed it into the scroll case once more.

“Fifty, minus three and plus one….the forth-eigth eh? And you might not be alone too,” she mused to herself as she thought it out in her mind, “so you ant me to walk down an alleyway, by myself, to a dark part of Sunberth to meet a person who hit me with a chair once and who might not be alone?” she spoke out loud with a grim chuckle. It sounded like suicide!

Still, he had piqued her curiosity successfully, and she had a few more surprises up her sleeves, quite literally in point of fact – than she had had that first meeting. No, she could handle herself better now and she would know the lay of the land, not to mention being near invisible with her new garb.

Let’s see exactly what you want then…Darik…and we’ll see if you measure up to being worthy, if you get my point she told herself firmly, a small smile creeping across her face as she flicked a hidden switch on her wrist with her fingers and a stiletto blade flashed out of its camouflaged depths.

An Alleyway off The Alleyway

And here she was now, in an alleyway that looked out across the main entrance to the alley that Darik has requested she meet him on. She was fully clothed and ready for a fight if necessary, though flight was something she had learned was of greater use in such situations. She fought now only when she needed to – pressure to a point in many ways. Her studded leather armour was worn on top of her normal cotton clothes, and on top of that were the Shadowsilk Robes, dark as midnight and just as silent as they muffled the sounds she made to an almost imperceptible ruffling as they curled around her in the air. Her Tonfa were ready for quick drawing and her daggers were in their boot sheaths. She was ready indeed.

Let’s see if you really are willing to talk then. If there are others I presume you summoned them in the same manner. Let’s wait here, in the darkest shadows, and wait to see if they arrive she thought to herself as she settled down to wait as long as necessary.

She was a full half-bell early and proud of the fact. She knew that in the game of subtlety it was the most cunning that won the day – not the most powerful. Tua had taught her that well enough, despite the fact he had never talked to her since that first day.
Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Words: 1798131
Joined roleplay: September 23rd, 2011, 12:35 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Lyth on October 6th, 2011, 7:01 am

The note had found it's way into Talcum's hands before his, Lyth returning to his home just as the youth handed him the letter. Had he not seen the name on the front, he would have let the other male read it, but seeing as it was written directly to him he thought it best that Talcum didn't see what it held. There were very few people who knew him by name, and he really didn't want to explain to his adoptive father who had written him.

The letter was snatched from both their hands, sending the boy off with a shiny trinket (completely fake) he could pawn for a nice price, if he tried hard enough. He didn't let Talcum get a word in, scurrying off to his room and out of sight. The letter seemed harmless enough, checking it with a black cloth for any trace of powder that may have been dusted over it. Finding nothing, he opened the letter quickly, a smile curling at his lips as he saw who had written to him.

"Well well, seems my old friend Darik wants to see me again.." Lyth read on, intrigued by the way the man hinted at the job he needed him for, yet never truly explained what this was all about. Even if he didn't agree to participate in the end, Lyth's curiosity would not let him idle. He needed to know what Darik wanted from him. Counting out the days took longer than he'd ever like to admit, never being good with numbers, but he finally found the date they needed to meet. The last bit of information worried him some. There would be others? Was Darik planning on leading him into a trap?

There was only one way of telling, but he would not be caught unprepared. Before the time of the meeting, Lyth made sure both of his daggers were secured on his body; one barely hidden on his waist, to draw in the eye, away from the second hidden on his body. If he lost one, they wouldn't expect him to have another weapon. The easiest way to win a fight, if that's what it came down to, was to catch your opponent off guard.

The bells chimed, signalling him to begin his journey, climbing the overhang of his home to reach the roof tops. He loved travelling by roof top, not having to worry about the crowds below. And as a bonus; most people don't think to look up when they're nervous. It was an effective means of travel. Stepping lightly, he quickly made his way to the meeting spot, following the directions given by Darik. As far as he could tell, only Darik occupied the ally. Deciding that it was relatively safe, he lowered himself down until he hung off the edge of the roof, letting himself drop.

He nearly landed on top of someone hiding in the shadows, feeling the brush of cloth (most likely a cloak) as he curled to absorb the impact of the drop. Lyth took a few steps to distance himself from the figure he had dropped in on, his hand instinctively resting on his dagger, though he did not draw. There was a moment of tense silence, before a smile broke out on Lyth's face.
"I don't suppose you also received a letter?" he asked.
Lyth
Player

Words: 35506
Joined roleplay: September 28th, 2011, 6:43 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Bob Barton on October 6th, 2011, 10:34 pm

What else could Bob do at Killroy's? Work of course. Unlike some people namely Darik who was loafing around the whole day. It was the first time Bob saw Darik awake that early and obviously he knew something was up. Going straight up to him Bob took the direct approach and asked "anything special planned today? Maybe looking for more trouble. You're a pretty lucky boy since until today you are still alive. Whats your secret?" As always, never a straight or friendly answer for Darik unless there as something in it for him. "Fine then, lets see how long you last alone!" Bob said angrily and stormed off.

He did his best to ignore or avoid Darik the rest of the day depending on how people would look at it. Taking Jinsen he made his rounds around the Kennels. Part of his master plan to make his dog like him more. "See Jinsen? You're special. You're out here with me while the rest of them are in there." Saying that he would rattle some of the cages. Especially for the dogs he really hated and then pet Jinsen a lot. "Thats how speschul you are Jinsen." He even did it with the next part of his job which was feeding the animals. Bob took out the normal quantity of food and gave it to the dogs in their cages. But Jinsen? Double the normal helping "eat up Jinsen, eat and become strong enough so that no one would pick on you" or me.

Next was the grooming. Bob brought Jinsen near the dogs again as he did his job. In an indifferent manner he just took out the appropriate brushes for the dog and started brushing them. Just normal pulling the hair back and forth with the brush until he could do it without being stopped by the hair. Even if it did get stopped by the hair, Bob just pulled harder. Not his dog, so he didn't care. Once he got the job done then he went back to Jinsen.

"Here, here Jinsen. Now its your turn." For Jinsen it was different. A lot more different. Bob did it happily, cheerfully and energetically. Was he going to hide the fact that he enjoyed taking care of his own dog? No, because it was his. The rest was going to be sold off to someone else anyway so there was no reason to get so close to them. So he talked as he brushed his dog. "Thats a good boy Jinsen" he said the first time the brush went through. After that was "you like getting brushed don't you?" and "thats it Jinsen. Make Bob happy and he will make you happy." He continued talking while he was brushing all the way until Jinsen's coat looked a lot different. "Thats the way Jinsen!" Bob said keeping the brush away and stroking the dog's very nicely maintained coat. It was good to admire a job well done especially when its something you have done.

Feeding and brushing, was there anything else? Not that Bob knew of or wanted to know. As far as he was concerned today the job was done. So he went back for a break. On the way he ran into one Darik running like someone was chasing him for his head. Nothing new here. There was nothing left to do anyway and this should prove interesting and if there was nothing interesting, Bob was sure he could make it as interesting as he wanted it to be. "Come along Jinsen, its time we go for a little run" or a chase. Grabbing a dish Darik left behind from his meal, Bob put it at Jinsen's nose to "go after him, you know you want to."

But wow Darik could run when he really wanted to. That could be one of the reasons why he was not dead yet even with all the trouble he has been causing. As fast as Bob tried to run, he just could not catch up with Darik as he was getting further and further. Lucky he brought Jinsen with him. Jinsen who was excited with the chase. The dog happily barked to encourage Bob to press on but it was not required. Bob was literally being dragged by the dog and its leash now all through the streets of Sunberth.

Then they stopped near an alley "Stop...stop...Jinsen. I need...some rest..." Bob said puffing and panting. So where was Darik? Either Bob has already lost him which was not really possible since Jinsen was following him or his scent, or sidetracked by something else. Bob crept up to the mouth of the alley as quietly as possible while holding on to Jinsen's mouth with one hand and a finger to his lips with the other with a "Shhhhhhhh...." No point in being quiet when your own dog would give you away not knowing how delicate everything was. Once he was sure he and Jinsen were quiet enough, he peeked past the wall.

Darik was there leaning on the wall as usual doing nothing. Or was he doing something Bob did not know about? It kind of looked like he was waiting for something. Darik. Always the person who could not start anything by himself. It looked like a brick wall was there so Darik was not going to go anywhere else. Bob decided to wait. Pulling Jinsen with him, he went a little bit away from the alley to a place he could hide. Staying behind a garbage can in full view of the entrance.

Waiting paid off because who did Bob see? Zandelia entering the alley. As far as it was it was hard to miss her. Who else in Sunberth he knew would have that unsightly scar at her eye? The question now would be "what business could she have with Darik?" Maybe the same as everyone else. The business of putting the boy in place. Not a wasted day after all. Bob was really going to be able to find something interesting.

Bob crept forward and peeked into the alley again. There was Darik, Zandelia and one more person? How did he miss him? Nevermind that, lets see what they were all up to. Bob cocked his head closer to try and listen in. "What did he mean by better?" he whispered to himself. Wait, don't answer that Jinsen you stupid mutt. Don't!...bark...
Last edited by Bob Barton on October 16th, 2011, 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob Barton
Player

Words: 1121818
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2011, 12:21 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)

Postby Darik on October 8th, 2011, 1:06 am

As Darik waited, shadows seemed to ripple father down the alley. He thought nothing of it, shadows didn’t scare him. Still he should have been more alert, but he thought there was only one entrance to the alley. He was enlightened when a man fell from a roof. He should have thought of that, experienced thieves enter from the stealthiest spots. At a longer glance, Darik realized that the man was Lyth. Under him was a girl, Zandelia. He walked up to them giving a slight wave. “Well Zandelia,” He bestowed her name over to Lyth. He figured that he needed to know who he worked with. ”I have to admit you have nice robes. You didn’t have those last time we met, but lots of things can happen in just a couple of weeks. Or even a day.” That was a inside joke that they would all be sharing soon enough.”Also watch out dude, those roofs are sometime slippery.” He didn’t reveal Lyth’s name, he was putting the choice in the half bloods hands.

”Now--“ Darik was cut short from his words when a single bark rang throughout the alley. ”Get the intruder quickly but don’t kill it.” He hissed to the two. As they went into action Darik grabbed Lyth and stopped him from following. “Let her take care of this, everyone has different parts to play.” Even in the dark Lyth could make out Darik’s wink. The wink could mean many things and it was up to Lyth to decipher. If he remembered anything from when they had met though, he would remember Darik’s final act.

Darik decided it would take awhile, so he put his back to the wall and waited till Zandelia returned with the intruder. When he saw who entered he stifled a small groan. It was Bob. Bob was one of the people in Sunberth who could ruin a whole plan in mere seconds. He was going to order Lyth to murder him. Wait a second… why wasn’t Zandelia holding him hard? Dammit, they were friends! Darik was outraged, he couldn’t kill Bob without undermining his authority. Darik reasoned that because he couldn’t kill Bob, he would just have to show his ability to think quickly on his feet.

”Well hello Bob, I didn’t invite you, but it’s nice of you to join the party. Also I see you have already met Zandelia. This white haired fella over there is my friend also.” It may sound like he was telling Bob and Zandelia not to trust Lyth, but he was actually telling Lyth that he shouldn’t tell them his name. These weren’t the most trustworthy people in Sunberth. But then again Darik fell in that category. ”Also Bob, please quiet your dog.” He was about to say shut the dam dog up, but better to appear calm and pleasant in situation like this. ”With some sort of gag. It’s very important that you do so.”

He was ready to start his prepared speech, the one he had been making while he had been bored out of his wits waiting for them. “I called you two here, plus Bob, to tell you about a wonderful opportunity. It will be completely life changing, very few chances like this ever arise. There will be immense danger,” They needed to know that, he didn’t want them to chicken out when they were half through the plan. “but the rewards are immense. If you want to live your life without ever working again this will be your kind of job.” An exaggeration but he was trying to convince them. “However, I will only tell you this if you agree cooperate fully. In a job like this, you need to follow orders, no matter how dangerous. Leave now if you don’t want cooperate and no harm will befall upon you.” He paused a second for dramatic effect. ”If you agree to cooperate and then you betray your partners though, things will happen to you worse than death. Your choice.”

He waited a second to see which of them would leave, if any. Once those ones had disappeared from his sight he continued talking. ”Now that you have agreed with a life bounding promise, I can reveal to you the details of the contract. We are going to assassinate Goldfinger, one of the richest men in Sunberth.”

oocBob said he would be convinced by Zan, so I assumed he was.
Darik
Troublemaker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Zandelia on October 10th, 2011, 5:43 pm

Zandelia did not bring herself to argue with the boy, his authoritative tone undermined by his youth and wilful exuberance, instead choosing to pad off after the figure in the shadows. She was beginning to think that this lad was going to get her into more trouble than he was worth – an she was too young to be playing mother to a boy with barely a hair upon his chin. No, as she closed the gap swiftly between herself and the shadow, a short shadow she noticed, she was thinking that it might just be best to waylay, kill and steal from her current target – rather than take up whatever scheme had been concocted in Darik’s brain. She was already frustrated that he seemed to think he had a hold over her, a woman over a decade older than her and having spent years earning her freedom and experience – she was not his to command at a whim.

And if he thinks he can command me, when I’m here of my own free will and can leave whenever I wish then he’s more foolish than I thought she told herself as she lunged at the dark figure in front of her and grabbed a handful of it’s clothing. She span them round, raising her fist and ready to bring their life to an unexpected ending, but then the shadow dissipated and a familiar face was revealed.

“Bob?” she hissed at the man, his height and manner of movement easily distinguished now, and with Jinsen at his side it was all but certain indeed. It was when the mutt sniffed at her kneecap and looked to be ready to go for her leg again that it became insufferably certain. She pushed him away gently with her leg, knowing Bob liked the canine well enough.

“What in Akajia’s name are you doing here? You weren’t invited too were you?” she asked him, her voice all but a whisper. Bob shook his head and set out about explaining how he had come to stumble upon the small meeting, the circumstances surrounding the situation and his suspicions. Zandelia listened, a small smile gracing her lips as he wove his tale, quickly and in as quiet a voice as she had used.

“Well, I can’t say you don’t use an interesting life Bob, not at all,” she told him, rubbing her forehead and considering her situation rapidly, trying to see the best course of action, “well, I can’t very well let you go right this second Bob, otherwise the lad will just get annoyed – and I’ve had my fill of killing runts already this season” she murmured out loud, scratching the lower tip of the scar on her face.

“Tell you what, you could always come with me. Darik has some scheme planned, and we could always do with more gold to be spent. The last thing we did together went well enough, and It would be good to have someone I know can do for themselves on whatever the boy is suggesting. You want to get invited to another party?” she grinned at him, winking as she saw the parallel of their last meeting dawn on his countenance.

At his nod they walked back to Darik and the stranger. She could not have cared less who the other was, though they all exchanged names briefly just to make talking that much of an easier task. She was beginning to have serious doubts about whatever it was Darik felt he needed help from at least two other Sunberth residents, and truly she was not sure why he had chosen herself. Her forte was in intelligence gathering, not in active commencement of subsequent events after that stage. He asked for a ‘life-binding’ promise too, which made her even more suspicious. She did not use any words, merely inclined her head slightly – which was duplicitous as it could have meant anything. She was not about to commit to any cause without being told what it was – that was a lesson all learned the hard way eventually. Then he gave his plan of attack, and it was – as she ha suspected – a suitably grandiose notion. She could not help but chuckle out loud, trying to keep it contained and as low of volume as possible.

“You want us, just us four to break into one of the most secure locations in Sunberth? And kill Goldfinger? Goldfinger!” she asked the air in general, trying not to sound amused but not being able to help it, “how in the name of Ivak do you hope to do that?! The plan better be damned bloody good or we’ll all be cut to ribbons in the first few minutes!” she finished, her amusement subsiding and her eye shifting to meet Bob’s.

Bob, I know that you’re thinking exactly what I am, but still, worth listening for a few more minutes – even if it is for enjoyment. All I can say is that the leadership of the party better be different or we’re all dead as the corpses in the docks she thought to herself as she crossed her arms across her chest and just looked at Darik – the boy who would be an assassin.
Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Lyth on October 11th, 2011, 1:37 am

Lyth felt his smile strain some as he realized that the figure he had nearly dropped on was a woman. What did Darik plan on having them do, involving someone with a completely different set of skills? Zandelia was the woman's name. He'd have to remember that; she had an air of distrust about her. Lyth also caught that Darik left his own name out, thankful for the gesture, but confused as to why the boy thought it important that Lyth remain anonymous. Still, bringing up that topic would more than likely require him to give his name, so he let it go. There were more important matters at hand. His curiosity was burning to know why he had been summoned, why his skills were required.

Just as his curiosity was to be satisfied, a lone bark echoed up the alley, drawing their attention. Even without dark giving an order, Lyth probably would have gone after the intruder, though he wouldn't have left them breathing. As such, he was a little disappointed when the boy asked them to keep the eavesdropper alive. Even more so when he was held back, leaving Zandelia to take care of the intruder on her own. Pity, he would have enjoyed beating them slightly. With a slight pout, Lyth backed off, waiting for the woman to bring whoever it was over into their line of sight.

He almost let out a small laugh when he saw the man, if one could call him that, that Zandelia brought back over. If not for the obvious signs of ageing in his face, Lyth might have mistook him for a child. The small man was introduced as Bob. Darik didn't seem all that happy about the man's presence, but since he didn't say anything, Lyth assumed that Bob's appearance hadn't changed the plan. Which he was still waiting to hear. He nodded his consent to the binding promise, but really he had no intention of keeping to it if the job didn't hold his interest.

There wasn't any worry in that though, as the assassination of Goldfinger was by no means a waste of time. Sneaking into one of the most protected places in Sunberth, and killing the head of one of the three major Crime Syndicates? Lyth's interest was captured, despite the rational part of his mind screaming that the four of them would have little to no chance of completing this job.
"I agree with Zan." He briefly wondered if the woman would mind the pet name, before continuing on. "Is there a plan? One based in reality?" He asked, though his smile betrayed his interest.
Lyth
Player

Words: 35506
Joined roleplay: September 28th, 2011, 6:43 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Bob Barton on October 11th, 2011, 3:39 am

Jinsen you "foolish fool or a fool and I am the even bigger fool for bringing you here with me!" Bob told his dog in a harsh tone. Next time if there was ever one, "don't you ever do it again" he told the dog as he pulled on its leash to try and get it away. By the time he finally coerced and pulled the dog to get away with some sweet words like "food at home" it was already too late. Bob was barely down the street when someone already caught him. Who could it be from the three? "Please don't let it be Darik, please don't let it be Darik" he kept wishing in his thoughts.

The person said Bob. In a very hostile tone. It had to be Darik. Then he saw Jinsen moving towards the captor. That's a good dog, "attack that petching Darik Jinsen, attack!" he yelled out happily turning to get a good view of his dog's ferocity. But then it was Zandelia and Jinsen which has some unexplained liking to her started going at her leg again before she pushed it away as usual. Well, Bob did not like Jinsen being with Zandelia for the simple reason she was crazy. Not Sunberth crazy, possibly Ravok crazy and the more closer he got to her the more likely it would spread to him so it was not hard for him to recall his dog with a "come back Jinsen, back and stay. That is a good boy. Wait until Bob is done with her alright?"

An invitation from Darik? Zandelia should know better than "to accept an invitation from that punk is pure stupidity!" shaking his head dismissively at Zandelia's poor decision. For an information broker she sure did not "know the boy well enough" and so it looks like Bob will have to tell the expert. It all started from "the docks where there was some sort of mugging. Nuits fighting, konti's interfering, Bob gambling, that sort of thing" which was the kind of event that everybody wins. "And then there was Darik being dunked into the river by an Isur" Bob said with a chuckle. Those isurs are serious people. For Darik to earn the scorn of one, Zandelia should know that something was up with the boy. "That was also where Antar" who she should know as part of the Crimson Edge and one tough cookie "tried to find people for his little gang."

All of those things were not important but every story must start somewhere. Now came the juicy bits which Zandelia should listen to closely when Bob gestured her to come closer. "So Antar took us all, except Darik into the camp" for good reason if everyone knew Darik. "He was very hospitable" if you expected a warm little campfire, and some food and drink "but Darik who snuck along had other ideas for hospitality" in an activity that he always failed at. "He tried to help himself to whatever he could find in the camp" or steal if someone was to put it bluntly "until Antar caught him and forced him to do a little dance like the monkey he was" Bob explained with a chuckle. "After that he fainted, but not before trying to poison one of the other guests at the camp" who was thankfully not Bob but if Zandelia thought that she might be a lot more prone to dislike Darik if she did not already. "To cut the long story short we had our own fun with him, Antar dumped him somewhere and I didn't see him again until back at work."

But after knowing all of that Zandelia still won't let him go just so that she don't annoy Darik?!? That was stupid. "By all means, kill the runt please" and Bob will love her for it. You know, after everything Bob had told her "you should know better than to trust his schemes. They won't work out well." Should he tell her about the time in Stumble Alley? Nah, he will leave it for another occasion. Speaking of other occasions, they barely made it through the last thing properly but the opportunity to know about the opportunity to get gold sounded pretty good even if it came from Darik. Bob nodded at Zandelia to tell her that he accepted. If it did not turn out the way they wanted, they could always improvise. That was one thing the both of them were pretty good at doing.

Darik's attempts to win Bob over were laughable. It was so funny that Bob could not help but share a joke of his own. "Darik, Darik, Darik. You know I am where the party is at, and at least I don't get thrown out tattooed all over either" he said with a grin to remind the boy what happened the first time they met. Zandelia should already know the story but "would your friend like to know about it too? Then we will all have a fun(ny) story to share among ourselves" since that was the only thing Darik was good for.

Bob's dog was good for more things. Like annoying Darik. So of course he won't be gagging it when Darik is already the gag. "But Jinsen just loves you so much Darik" Bob said petting his dog to encourage it to interrupt Darik more. "Don't you Jinsen? Say hello to Darik" trying to clue it on what he wanted it to do. But after a while even the dog got bored of Darik and began to quiet down to allow the boy to start his speech.

Follow orders, Darik's orders despite the dangers or get something worse than death. Did anyone forget to mention that this was Darik? He definitely fails at trying to lead through fear once you knew him and to Bob, what he said sounded more like a challenge. A challenge that Bob would take up just to see whether the boy had the capabilities to actually do anything. Bob had a scrutinizing gaze on Darik, trying to hold back his laughter but it was almost going to be shown on his face. Quickly he turned to look at Zandelia. If his only friend here would leave, then he would too. He knew he could try and take on Darik in a fight, but he knew nothing about Darik's own friend and that was dangerous in itself.

Instead Zandelia looked back to him after downplaying Darik's plans. It was true. Something like this needed more people. A lot more people. People like the Crimson Edge but even they were not enough. Plus some other factors which Bob was too lazy to think of. Even if Zandelia said all this she still stayed. She knew something was up and Bob knew that she was supposed to know things. So whatever she was waiting for, he would wait for too. And Jinsen. Jinsen who he now saw was doing its best to stay away from the unknown boy who spoke up last.
Last edited by Bob Barton on October 16th, 2011, 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob Barton
Player

Words: 1121818
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2011, 12:21 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)

Postby Darik on October 12th, 2011, 10:40 pm

Have I mentioned how much Darik hated Bob? Well let me give you an even juicer secret. No matter how much Darik hated people, animals were his natural bane. Throughout his whole life, Darik had never been good with animals. However, in the season of summer he thought he could turn that around. It went well till he was always assigned to take care of a certain horse. For a reason unknown to him((Stupid Bob)), this horse disliked him to the extreme. It fidgeted every time Darik got within its eyesight. He couldn’t clean anything in the back without getting kicked. Because of this one horse, it made Darik hate every single animal that ever existed. It’s a bit extreme, but it’s Darik afterall.

So when the dog came up to him, he wasn’t at all happy. His hand started to move to his dagger ready to stab it. It would have been so easy, its belly was so soft and it would have been a glorious kill. Yet, he stopped himself. He would look like a bad leader if he did so. ”Stupid mutt, get out of my petchin way.” He gave a soft kick to the dog’s side trying to drive it away. It didn’t work, and it kept doing its thing. Then with all of his effort, he ignored it. He did the right plan of action, the dog went away it realized Darik wouldn’t give it any attention.

When Darik finally told them their objective the responses weren’t very positive. Yet they were all plausible, very logical exclamations. But they could have been much more patient, Darik could explain all their worries away. ” Zan,” Darik found Lyth’s nickname of her very fitting. Also it saves me the pain of writing seven letters when her name appears. “if you would stop shouting” That was the nicest way Darik could say SHUT UP! “maybe I could explain the plan. And yes it is quite realistic and sensible.” He added the last part for Lyth.

He was ready to explain it. Then Bob had to butt in like a…butt. But, Darik could turn those comments to increase his command. “Do you need a bedtime story Bobby wobby?” His voice was thick with sarcasm. ”Very well, but it will be very short. But they say the shortest are always the best. So, once upon a time, a brave lad called Darik broke into a camp that contained fifteen armed men. He was apprehended but he used his quick wits and persuasion skills to convince them to let him go without a scratch. They gave him many tattoos for how he handled himself in that deadly situation.” He held up his hand that contained the wrath of Zulrav. “because they knew, what doesn’t kill you, makes you stronger. Bob, do you disagree that I escaped unharmed and with tattoos? Do you disagree that there were armed men there? Do you disagree that I broke into the camp?” Darik gave an onslaught without letting Bob reply.

”And you know what? I really don’t care what you say. You don’t matter. I really don’t care if you leave right now. If you do though I will do society a favor and gut you like a pig.” Darik clenched his fist and gave Bob a sadistically grin. ”Now if you prove me wrong by being useful, than listen to what I have to say. If you don’t, I can guarantee you will be slaughtered, Bob. That includes you Zan…and Vapor.” He needed to refer to Lyth somehow! Anyway Vapor was the logical choice, Lyth was practically transparent. He probably should have made a condescending name for Lyth, like mouse, but Darik wasn’t petty like that. Okay maybe he was, but he needed Lyth’s support for the mission to have any chance of success. In fact, he needed all their cooperation, even Bobs, to make the plan come together.

oocYAY, everyone hug the turtle for giving me the lore that allows me to do this! :D

”First off, I hope you all know the Gated Community is well… gated. That may seem like a terrible obstacle but it’s to our advantage. They have gotten soft because who in the world would ever try to disturb their community? Because of this sense of security they arrogantly let everyone in. They still do slight racial profiling but like I said it’s only slight. But a word of warning, it’s a gate. That means that it closes. So, I can’t stress enough, we don’t want to be on the side of the Sun Birth’s when it closes.” Darik left it off at that, they all knew what would happen. Things worse than they could possibly imagine…

”But don’t let that worry you, if you stick to the base outline to the plan you should be fine. The base outline of the plan—“ Darik stopped himself when he realized Bob was now included in the plan. ”has been changed because bob decided to join us. It was going to work perfectly fine with three, but another never hurt anyone. So I will stat on Bob’s part. Bob” He turned his gaze on Bob giving him eye contact. ”You will need to come to enter the compound last. Your goal is to create a distraction when we are all in place. I don’t care how; use your dog, set something on fire, moon a guard, whatever, but make sure its close enough to Goldfinger’s building. You are trying to draw the guard on the streets towards you.”

”Also it wouldn’t hurt if it’s big enough for a few guards inside to come outside to check on the situation.”Time to focus on Lyth. ”Now Vapor, your goal is to kill Goldfinger. It shouldn’t be hard, he isn’t a fighter. But…his guards are. You need to either need to take out all the guards inside, or sneak past them all. I suggest the first option. I bet you know how to take out lots of enemies at once, have a very minor distraction. If you do number one Zan can also help.” Now for the revealing of the last member’s part.

”Zan, you’re the flexible one. You need to either assist Lyth by taking out the guards or by helping Bob outside with the distraction. Which ever one you choose. I have a feeling you have great ingenuity in that sense.” Was he forgetting someone? “Ohh yes, my part of the plan. I was originally going to distract the guards but I have a feeling Bob will do it just fine. Instead I will make sure that Goldfinger doesn’t escape. Because he has to have at least one escape plan.” He saw their looks on their faces and he knew they didn’t believe him. ”Trust me on this part, I don’t appear what I seem.”

He forgot something quite important that needed to be tacked on. “Ohh ya, to get paid we also have to bring the whole corpse with us. Yes, the whole corpse. Probably should have mentioned that earlier, but no problem. There’s four of us and one corpse. Maybe we can pretend we are taking out the trash or something like that.” Darik had glossed over it on purpose. Because he had no idea how they were going to escape with the corpse. He sure hoped that he would have an idea by the day of the assassination.

” I know, you’re all wondering about how will we split up the money. Well, it will go twenty percent for each of us.” He gave them a second to realize that the math was unequal. ”It’s okay, I have to pay certain people so some things go correctly.” He made it sound like he bribed some of the Sun Birth guards. Not really, he needed to pay Tua. ”Any questions, suggestions, or any other commentary before I delve into the finer details of the plan?” Darik waited for the outrage that would follow. He knew how pathetic his plan sounded and he hoped that the others could help patch some of the holes in it.

ooc2 things: I know the plan is very, very, obscure, but you guys are sooooo MUCH better at thinking of cool stuff then me. Also…I suck at making plans! :P I am the kind of person who “goes in the moment”.
Darik
Troublemaker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Zandelia on October 14th, 2011, 11:53 pm

Zandelia found her expression darkening as Darik spoke, revealing the scheme he had within his mind to hem all as if it were a golden nugget of immense worth, to be treasured and worshipped upon one’s knees as if it were a gift he was bestowing upon them – rather than its true nature, which was that of Darik asking them to risk their lives to kill a respected and feared player in Sunberth factionalism. Zandelia’s countenance grew darker still as his plan turned out to be little more than a sketched outline filled with hope and dreams, asking them to ask any questions they had before he revealed further – which she strongly suspected merely meant drivelling more about wishes and what-ifs. No, if she was to risk her life, her job, her reputation and her future she required at least some semblance of a solid plan – and she would not go any further without at least that drawn up for such a large venture.

I wonder if he’s actually thought about this, and I mean seriously thought about it If he had he would realise that what he is espousing amounts to little more than words covered with greed. If we enter the territory of the Sun’s Birth with merely this we’ll get cut to ribbons in moments – if we’re petching lucky enough to die she reasoned to herself as she watched Bob wipe tears from his eyes, tears from the laughter that had been rippling from his throat since the beginning of Darik’s story of their history together.

She had learnt two pieces of valuable information over the course of the last few moments, she reasoned as she looked to the other man in their shady foursome. She had learned that Darik was, if not a lair, then at least one prone to the bending of truths – which she had suspected but not had proof of. Still, now she did, and it left a bitter taste in her mouth. As an aside to herself, she was also fairly confidant, based upon that information, that the other boy’s name was not Vapor – not by the way Darik had momentarily hesitated. The second piece of information gleaned from the conversation was that, she suspected, Darik was more talk than anything else. She had met many of the ilk, filled with hot air when talking about something but pissing themselves in a corner when it came to actually doing.

On top of that, I’m wondering whether you have any sense of sanity at all boy she reminded herself, bringing her mind back to the situation at hand. She placed a hand upon Bob’s shoulder, firmly but not hard, as a signal to stay his anger that she hoped he would realise and heed. Blood was not desirable to her at the point in time, not for a pointless squabble.

“Bob, calm yourself,” she told him quietly, pitching her voice to stop violence ensuing, “and Drik, a word of advice – don’t threaten those whom can help you. It doesn’t win you allies in Sunberth. Bob has done well by me, and I’ll not have him killed on my watch” she told the boy coldly, keeping her voice fair and even.

“Now, as to your plan, if you can call it that., I have a question” she continued placidly, her voice carefully modulated to the tone she knew affected others deeply, causing them to see her as reasonable and one to be listened to. She used it often in her dealings with those of a more shadowy nature.

“Are you insane? Or do you honestly think that we can walk into the gated Community, kill all of Goldfinger’s guards and the walk out with the damned body?!” she stated, her voice cold iron now, hard and icy. “If just one guard notices what’s going on we’ll have dozens on our backs within seconds, not to mention the fact that there is no way anyone will let us out of that damned place with anything bigger than out fists. Where do you propose we hide his body? Up…Vapor’s…arse?” she stated, creating the pause around the name as a subtle gesture that she surmised it was not his true naming.

“An even if we got in and managed to kill him, and then got his body out, you honestly think our faces wouldn’t be recognised? That there wouldn’t be people scouring the streets for us when it’s all done?” she continued, crossing her arms under her breasts now.

“You want me…us….to walk into that hell hole, kill Goldfinger, his guards and waltz out? On a plan that’s little more than string and twigs? You’ll have to do a damn sight better than that. I’m not risking my life for a maybe she finished, looking down at Bob now to gauge his reaction, then shifting her single eye to the other to see his.

No, we either come up with something better or we don’t do this at all she told herself, firmly practical as always.

Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Next