[Location] Balshu's Bait and Tackle

Fishing supply Store

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Oracle on October 6th, 2011, 3:57 am

Balshu's Bait &

Tackle

If you asked people to name the five top things to do in Zeltiva almost everyone would agree that fishing would be near the top of the list, if not at the very top as the most important thing to do in Zeltiva. Food shortages are common and the people depend on what food is brought in through fishing. Balshu provides all of the nessasary tools and items for this nobel and life sustaining trade. His selection ranges from hand carved rods to imported nets from some of the best rope slingers in all of Mizahar, the Svefra. While Balshu does not offer any kind of fishing lessons he will however sometimes be happy to drop a tid-bit your way in the form of a well placed cryptic tip.

Balshu runs his shop with a friendly smile and an ever watchful eye. Despite his passive nature theft is not a major problem within his shop. While Balshu may be passive, some of his friends are not. Considered a loved part of the community, it is not a wise idea for any traveler to attempt to take advantage of him.

His small shop is very neat and organized. Along the left wall sits his counter where he conducts his sells, on the right wall the various nets are hung and down the center of the shop sits two center displays. One display is for his handcrafted fishing rods while the other holds some bait brought in from the locals, mostly minnows and brim. There are no spears found in his shop.

NPC :
Balshu

Balshu is not much a fisherman, but what he does know is buisness. He's a shrewed buinessman who knows the value of a Nilo, and a Miza, and a Pinon, and a Kina...but above all: a fish. He has learned to take advantage of the situation he has been given and found the quicket way to make a little gold for himself. While Balshu himself does not fish and has little experience with it, he does provide all the tools one would need.

In his home of Charbosi Balshu was a dealer of art but never an artist himself. He would strive to make a profit off the talents of others and their creations. Often he would commision young and naive Charodea to make simple trinkets in their practice of coral manipulation. Taking these trinkets to the shores of Falyndar he would find the few brave merchants willing to travel these lands and sell off the worthless scraps of coral. After time the merchants stopped coming around. One by one they were picked off by wild beasts or savage canibals. Soon Balshu found he had no customers and ventured out to find new markets.

For days on end he swam looking for someone to sell his trade to. He was blinded by his greed for money and grew careless. He became swept away in a strong current and smashed against some rocks. Several bells later he awoke to find he had been saved by a crew of Svefra fisherman heading for Zeltiva with a load of cargo. Miles away from his home and with a new perspective on life he decided to settle into the new city, start a new life and provide an honest service.

Skills:
70 Negotiation
50 Carving
45 Persuasion
20 Fishing

Lores of Zeltiva, Charbosi and Economic structure.

Last edited by Oracle on June 9th, 2014, 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zeltiva Lore****Zeltiva Forum****The University

Please see my absence thread if I have not responded in some way in over 24 hours
Oracle
AS of Zeltiva

Words: 53472
Joined roleplay: September 4th, 2011, 2:41 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Amadeus Telrunya on October 25th, 2011, 12:35 am

Amadeus walked into the small shop. He had been hard at work this morning robbing the innocent citizens of their livelihood, and wanted nothing more than to relax with a fishing rod on the docks. The only problem, of course, was that he had no equipment with which to do it. That was (somewhat) easily fixed. This particular shop held a good reputation, and, as he wasn't planning to rob it, everything should go smoothly.
"I am looking for a fishing rod and appropriate equipment." he announced. And I am happy to pay a reasonable price."
Amadeus Telrunya
Wandering Waif

Words: 7553
Joined roleplay: October 7th, 2011, 1:22 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet

Postby Oracle on October 26th, 2011, 4:33 pm

Balshu's eyes fixed and narrowed on the door of his shop as it swung open and a human made his way inside. Sandy haired and fair skinned he appeared to be walking in shadow, the shade seemed to only follow him as if he produced the darkness himself. Balshu started to turn up his nose until he heard the jingle of coins in the boys pocket.

A small smile crept across Balshu's face, he was careful not to reveal too many of his pointed teeth at the stranger.

I am looking for a fishing rod and appropriate equipment. The boy announced. And I am happy to pay a reasonable price.

Welcome friend. Balshu opened his arms in an empty gesture of embrace. Looking for some gear eh? The Charoda lowered his arms and made his way out from behind his counter and examined both the man and the rods lined up on the display. Each hand carved with it's own personality.

Balshu spoke in his watery voice which warbled and clicked as he struggled with producing the sounds of Common, I try to fit the rod to the fisher. He looked him up and down. Very dark, dark indeed. Perfect for fishing...at night. He held out a solid oak rod with a dark berry stain. Sturdy and dependable friend. 2 Gold Mizas for the rod and line to go with it. With each purchase I include a bucket of bait. Sound like a deal?
Last edited by Oracle on June 9th, 2014, 8:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Please see my absence thread if I have not responded in some way in over 24 hours
Oracle
AS of Zeltiva

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Amadeus Telrunya on October 26th, 2011, 9:11 pm

Amadeus was not sure at all if he liked the Charoda, as he walked around the shop smiling his (Amadeus thought) fishy smile, but he made an attempt to hide it as the shopkeeper got down to business.
"...With each purchase I include a bucket of bait. Sound like a deal?" Bashu asked.

"Yes, I think that's reasonable." Amadeus replied. He dug out 2 mizas from his pocket. He had a nearly uncontrollable urge to slip in a pebble instead of the second miza, but swallowed the desire and handed Bashu the money.
"Thanks."
Amadeus Telrunya
Wandering Waif

Words: 7553
Joined roleplay: October 7th, 2011, 1:22 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet

Postby Oracle on October 27th, 2011, 5:31 pm

Balshu's face lit up at the sight of gold. His slanted eyes narrowed and checked the boy's face and fingers for any sign of deception. When he was certain the customer was truly handing him two gold Mizas he turned on his bright fishy smile once more.

Certainly sir certainly. He busied himself with producing a ceramic bowl and filling it will bait fish and gathering together the proper accessories for the handcrafted rod. Handing it all off to the man he gave a short bow and wished him well.

[OOC= Congratulations! You are now a proud owner of a one-of-a-kind Balshu's fishing rod. Please deduct the 2 GM from your ledger and add the rod to your inventory.]

Oracle
AS of Zeltiva

Office
Scrapbook