Surreptitiously Seeking Associates (Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Zandelia on October 14th, 2011, 10:57 pm

Zandelia snorted into her cup as Bob’s comments, still surmising it was very much an act. She could not quite tell with the short man in truth, his character slipping into various states as easily as she breathed sometimes. She pondered, occasionally, if anyone knew the real Bob Barton. She suspected that somewhere, deep inside his greedy and duplicitous soul, there was a nice person smothered with darkness, but she couldn’t bring herself to get her hands dirty trying to find out. Some secrets were too difficult to acquire even for Zandelia. She drained the rest of her watery ale in one, short mouthful – swallowing it slowly as she mulled over how to respond, trying to put the sensation sloshing across her taste buds to the back of her mind, where it would not be noticed.

Easy money is never easy, in that the dwarf is correct. Still, money is money and my future requires much funding, if I have any say in the damned matter she mused to herself, placing her cup down carefully, the clink of its wooden form upon the table top audible to all four of them.

“Bob, the day I willingly cradle a man in my arms – or let him cradle me – is the day I jam a knife in his side. Men aren’t worth the effort, not even you – though your charm is obviously something of legend,” she returned to him, leaving it to the others to decide exactly how she meant that comment to be accepted in their minds.

"Women are usually smarter and more satisfying at any rate. They, at least, don't try and tell you that their ability to drink their own bodyweight in alcohol and then proceeding to vomit it up upon the floor is grounds for a tumble in the hay" she told him with a small, derisive snort.

She nodded and gave a small smile to the short Symenestra, steepling her fingers across her torso as she considered the situation for a further few moments. It was a strange tableau that the four of them were frozen within, like so many flies in the ointment. She knew the little woman had some formations of a plan, as no one of any level of intelligence beyond that of a snail would approach others about a ‘job’ without a sound sense of what they wanted – and how they were to get it – and this girl was far from stupid. She had picked her target well, after all. Bob was a well known scoundrel and could cheat the stitches out of a Nuit. The Iur were known for their determination as much as their hardiness, and as for herself, well Zandelia was known by a few as gifted in certain areas of expertise. She tilted her head slightly, making her tone thoughtful as she responded.

“The short man is right,” she said, with a smile for the game of verbal barbs she was continuing, “there is no such thing. You have something in your mind, and it must be dangerous if you require us. Your kind is known for their subtlety. You would not need help unless there was a catch” she spoke, letting her words fall into place with the preciseness of a chess player.

“Though, I admire your boldness. Few of your kind would come out into the open. If you want to talk then I shall listen, wherever you might want to talk. I do not promise I shall aid you though. My experience with Symenestra has been far from pleasant,” she continued, her eyes not meeting the woman’s firmly, “but hopefully you might change my perspective” she finished, leaving it unsaid what might occur should that not evolve.

Zandelia slid out of her sitting position, coming to her feet and standing next to Bob, awaiting the response of the others. The isur she did not know, though she found interesting in the extreme – few Isur’s residing in Sunberth. Still, Bob and the shiny arm could do as they pleased, she held no sway over either of them. She hoped that they would follow suit though and, at the very least, hear what the lass had to say.

After all, it’s much better to greet a Symenestra in numbers than on your own – and preferably with something blunt and hard in your hands she thought to herself as she crossed her arms across her bust and stood impassively over the unfolding scene.

Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Words: 1798131
Joined roleplay: September 23rd, 2011, 12:35 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Tikon on October 15th, 2011, 9:06 pm

Tikon smiled at this Symenstra. She was a character indeed, one he could see himself respecting…eventually. As for now he would treat her like any other stranger on the street. He would keep her just within arm’s reach. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. That way when and if needed he could smack the tar outta her with his fortified arm when the time came. His smile was not one of malice it was merely a playful smile; much like the one she was feigning earlier. But she could tell that he DID have the skills and fortitude to back up any threats he made. And he didn’t make them lightly, because he knew he may find himself having to collect on it sooner or later. Never make empty promises you didn’t intend on keeping. Promises like that blew holes in integrity, and sometimes integrity was all you had to support you. His word was everything to him, as was his integrity. She spoke of meeting behind closed doors, that meant she had a plan of sorts. He wasn’t sure as to what this meant but he knew that whatever it was she had something turning in the gears of her head. So he was going to be in, he needed coin but he also needed to know the circumstances surrounding these ‘plans’ of hers.

The entire thing was quite comical. Bob still didn’t get the hints, even when the truth was so very obvious. He likely didn’t want to end up with this woman tonight. That wouldn’t be favorable for him; or perhaps Tikon could be wrong about this woman. One never really did know did they? He nodded as Zandelia spoke agreeing with her the entire time.
“She is right, as is Bob. There is no such thing as easy coin M’Lady, if it were easy you would have the coin in your possession already and not have use for us. But I am interested in the finer details of this proposal.” He said as he then looked to the others to see what exactly they would do. He was as interested as they were for various reasons.

He needed the coin, as any street urchin would. He didn’t have much but he did have himself and his talents. That was enough and if need be he could and would do as needed. He figured between the four of them they could make something work. And that was all he really needed. He just wanted enough skill to make it through the task. And when in doubt recruit followers with skill. He was sure this Symenstra had some skill, otherwise she would be dead already on the surface. People didn’t usually take kind to her type around here. Even in a lawless chaos there were still come rules. And one of them was that there were levels of trust. And sadly to many Symenstra sat on the bottom of that list and the dead buried in the ground were on the top of that list. You could always trust the corpse of the dead and buried with your secrets. They weren’t going to tell anyone as far as Tikon knew.

“So where will it be then?”
Tikon posed waiting for the woman to make a motion of where they would be going.

Last edited by Tikon on October 16th, 2011, 11:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
When I write in red my character is talking Isur
When I write in yellow I am talking in Common

Character Sheet
Tikon
Player

Words: 17516
Joined roleplay: October 5th, 2011, 4:25 pm
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Shai on October 16th, 2011, 2:56 am

Shai's jaw nearly dropped when Bob somehow managed to take her rejection as a come-on. What-the-petch is this man’s game?! She managed to steel her expression quickly but for a split second she probably looked completely perplexed. Silently thanking The Blood Catcher, Shai fully regained her composure when Bob moved on the topic of money. She was about to reply to him when Zandelia spoke on the demerits of men and followed up with a similar comment on ‘easy money’. “I never liked the idiom ‘a tumble in the hay’; it really sounds scratchy and uncomfortable. Regardless, you are all quite correct; few things are easy and money is prime among the things that are not. But I did qualify it by saying relatively. And to answer you, Isur, I cannot do it alone because of my most permanent racial condition.” Having felt she answered their statements appropriately she moved on.

“I would propose we meet outside, in the safety of the dark. But, because I understand that this could sound quite a bit like a trap. I would like one of you to suggest the actually alleyway, I will sprint ahead to clear it of over excited ears and there we may talk. Is this amenable?” She was aware just how untrusted her people were by the humans, and in truth it was partially deserved. It was a myth that the Symenestra ate humans, only when desperate or extremely sadistic were humans on the menu. But the reputation was deserved for their use of enemy females as expendable wombs. So in truth, had Shai been a harvester, which she wasn’t, the woman was the only who would have anything to fear but that wasn’t even feasible in Sunberth where they were half the world away from Kalinor. She looked to the three for her answer and received it from the most unlikely person. After her most confused and unwanted male admirer answered her, Shai nodded and turned towards the door.

Stepping on her left boot heel with her right toe she pulled her foot half way out of the shoe and used her foot to toss the boot upwards where Shai could snatch it out of the air. She repeated the process for her other boot, completing the display by knotting the laces together and tossing it around her neck. It was a ridiculous trick to know, but useful for inspiring confidence in her competence. After the boots were in hung over her neck Shai’s speed at moving through the crowd vastly increased until she had disappeared from the trio’s view and eventually out the door. As soon as her feet hit street covered the familiar darkness of the night Shai took off. She sped down the street, exhibiting exuberance she’d hid from her new acquaintances; her plan might actually succeed. To anyone watching, her course would have made little sense she was headed straight for a the wall of a building but when it seemed she’d run into the building and be squished into little Symenestra bits she leapt and extended the microscopic hooks from her exposed hands and feet and caught herself on the wall. She efficiently scaled the wall and crawled onto the roof. From the roof Shai continued in as straight of a line as possible to the alley Bob had indicated which would allow to her make significantly better time than the grounded trio. Shai got a running start before every leap between roofs and as she landed she extended the hooks again to stop her from slipping. There were a couple of close calls but she never took any great risks in her jump choices and she never took a leap longer than 4 feet in her path.

It took Shai about 4 minutes to arrive at the mentioned alley way, it was surprisingly less populated than she’d expected only three street urchins and one whore. The whore was easy to move, street walkers were cheap so 5 silver mizas was more than enough to convince her to find another corner for an hour or two. To deal with the urchins was another matter entirely, dealing with one urchin was a piece of cake but they were like rats the more there were the braver they got. To accomplish their disappearance with minimal bloodshed Shai toted a few decent sized rocks back up to the roof and dropped one and missed the boys but it made them all look up at where the rock had come from. Shai had ducked back so they saw nothing but night sky but used an underhand toss to let another rock go flying down, this missed as well. Now the boys were getting ready to climb up on the roof to beat the bodily fluids out of their mysterious rock throwing assailant. Only this third time Shai did not throw a rock instead she threw tomorrow’s breakfast. The lifeless rabbit corpse flew over the side of the building and hit the ground between the three urchins with a horrible splat, like a melon bursting. The rabbit’s corpse actually acted much like a melon in regards to its explosion as well; it exploded blood and all of its organs in liquefied form all over the boys. Shai watched as the boys fled the area, rocks they could handle but exploding mammals was not normal, not even in Sunberth. The area secured Shai lowered herself to the street level, careful to keep her bare feet out of the remnants of her breakfast. She let out a heavy sigh, it was worth it but tomorrow morning would be very uncomfortable. Resecuring her cloak around her she waited for her acquaintances hoping they wouldn’t change their minds.
Last edited by Shai on October 16th, 2011, 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ImageImage
Shai
Alone in the dark.

Words: 424135
Joined roleplay: October 9th, 2011, 5:43 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) 2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Bob Barton on October 16th, 2011, 7:46 am

The petch that was this man's game right now ironically enough, was the woman and her supposed job with the easy money. Bob liked all of his little tumbles in the hay because they feel really good and if he was to compare this to the woman and her strange offer of easy money, that was making him scratchy and uncomfortable right now despite the fact that he wanted her to be the next one. Not only him but Zandelia and Tikon as well would probably feel the same for the offer, not the tumble. Sunberth may be full of people looking to make a quick coin but none of them are that stupid to think that they are all easy to get like what was being suggested to them right now.

There was probably something that Bob has been missing all this time with all the hints that Zandelia, Tikon and the woman herself are throwing about but as far as Bob was concerned, if it was not going to help him out tonight it was not important. If, if, if, he took the offer for this easy money, that would most probably be what he would be doing tonight. Whats important right now is to find out more about it but to do that would mean that all three of them would have to meet his mysterious woman, outside, in the "safety" of the dark. Reminding them that it might be a trap could be her way of actually telling them that it was a trap? He thought it once and will think it again. She should really just admit what she was after.

Bob knew what his other friends would be thinking about right now. "How can we be sure that this alley is not just a trap?" because there was nothing restraining a gang in Sunberth from luring and ambushing their targets. But Bob could not discount the fact that there was a chance that this rather alluring woman had something going on for the job and for him. His suggestion was that "we can meet for our first date at the alley behind the Pig's Foot" because if all goes well he can have some drinks with her. Oh, "and I will bring them along too if they want to come but they would have to wait outside the room tonight" because she probably won't want to speak without the whole team.

She was allowed to sprint ahead only because Bob wanted to have his own private time with his friends just like she wanted with them. "So boys and girls, are we going to hear her out?" because if they didn't he won't either because these two are pretty tough and he would be relying on them for protection so "I am pretty sure you guys can handle any traps" if there are "but if you want to be on the safe side we can always try sneaking up on her until we are sure." Come to think of it she never did give them her name. Could it be that her name is something they would recognize as a dangerous person to be associated in Sunberth? But everyone in Sunberth but Bob was already dangerous.

After hearing their answers, Bob would follow them to the Pig's Foot. Follow right behind them so that if anyone attacked they can respond to it by either fighting back or getting hit first. On his way there he was on the lookout as well. He just had some trouble at Tall Johnny's and sometimes these things can come back to you. Like that man could have friends...and those friends are following him right now, coming to get him. His eyes were on the lookout for anybody who has been following them longer than they had to. Zandelia and Tikon would be more than enough to look out for trouble by the woman who went ahead.
Bob Barton
Player

Words: 1121818
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2011, 12:21 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)

Postby Zandelia on October 18th, 2011, 5:19 pm

Zandelia could not help the look of surprise that flashed across her face as the girl set about her request – too meet them in an alleyway a short distance away from their current location – and in the dark of evening too. Zandelia could not help but snort out loud when the girl suited her actions to her words, setting about a rather impressing and yet at the same time pointless way of removing the boots from her feet, and then haring off through the crowd without so much as a backward glance to see if they would follow her. No, this one had not had much experience with Sunberth – or its denizens – as far as Zandelia was concerned. Such an invitation from most people was tantamount to shouting the word ‘trap’ in seven different languages, for all to hear. Zandelia looked at the other two with an eyebrow raised so they would know exactly how she felt about the last few moments of their ‘conversation’ with the stranger.

In point of fact, the only real reason I suspect that there’s nothing shadowy going on here is her seemingly naïve actions she thought to herself, mulling it over for a short while before she voiced anything to Bob and the Isur.

The truth was that she knew she could not resist the urge to discover what the little Symenestra had to say, in the same manner that Bob could never resist the dice cup or the pack of cards he used to manipulate others greed for personal gain. She knew not what the Isur found irresistible, but the lure of golden mizahars was a powerful motivator for any Sunberthian in general. The city was not known for its richness amongst the general populace, and desperation was the common currency in their little cesspool of semi-civilisation. No, she knew exactly where their paths would lead them on this occasion, however it paid to be prepared too. She pulled her robes about her, smoothing them out and tugging them into place across her form – the silky whisk of the fabric brushing across the studded leather beneath a pleasant sound to her ears. She also twisted her gauntlets into place upon her forearms, checking the spikes upon the knuckles for solidity before letting her arms drop to her sides.

“Well then, I don’t know about you two but I’ve got an appointment to keep. Don’t get me wrong, it’s probably a trap of some kind, but I’m too poor to be picky. Least if there’s a few bodies there might be a handful of gold” she smiled at the other two, setting out towards the door – pulling her hood over her head to further become a shadow in the night.

Soon enough she found herself in company once more, the other two deciding to explore the possibilities offered by the Symenestran along with herself – the lure of money perhaps too hard to resist. She cared not why they were beside her, but only found gratefulness for their presence. She was not un-capable, however allies were always useful to have in any unknown situation. Bob, she knew, did not like to kill his enemies – but he would be useful in a conflict at least. As for the Isur, she surmised she could use him as a shield – though she might have had to crouch to do so. Still, as she approached the opening of the apportioned alleyway she hoped for the best.

I don’t like to spill blood unless I have to, and I suspect Symenestra blood might just damage my damned weapons too. So hopefully this will be on the level she thought as the trio stopped briefly, glanced at each other, and padded into the alleyway together.

“Keep your eyes open,” she hissed at the two of them, trying to keep her voice as inaudible as possible, “I don’t feel like getting knifed tonight. And if I die I’m coming back to bloody haunt you if you survive too” she continued, her eyes scanning the darkness and seeing the girl from tall Johnny’s and continuing upwards towards the rooftops – checking for traps.

Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Tikon on October 19th, 2011, 12:24 pm

He enjoyed seeing how puzzled this Symenstra was. Bob was indeed an interesting character to be sure. There was almost never a dull moment with him around. He certainly made things more than interesting for those around him. There were a few moments where he swore he saw the woman go completely blank and this brought a very keen and sly smile to his face. He laughed internally as she tried to scratch together a response that would make her seem like she wasn’t interested in bedding this man. It was an interesting situation to be in indeed. One she would have to navigate very carefully if she wanted to get out with her dignity. But he had already placed her, he noted her façade and nodded. She was new here obviously just like he was. But she was unafraid; which was a quality he could indeed appreciate. Zandelia and Bob both spoke that the meeting could be a trap. What was wrong with fighting your way out of a good trap?

“Traps would make the night interesting.”

The woman then moved on carefully navigating the social scene before her. She was handling herself quite well. And that was admirable. A meeting in some back alley…well while it was somewhat distasteful it was something he guessed was something he would have to get used to. So he nodded in approval and then was ready himself to do what he needed. He followed the Symenstra out and then watched her wonderful display as she ran toward the wall. That was quite a way to go, did she really want to kill herself for no reason at all? He watched as she then climbed the wall. He nodded and elbowed Bob gently.

“Now that be a trick I wouldn’t mind learning.” He said with a smile on his face. He could see where that particular skill would indeed be more than useful.

He followed Zandelia step for step and then as they came to the alley he was hopeful. It didn’t seem like there was a trap here. His hand was on the hilt of his sword though; it was more of a comfortable spot than anything though. Just somewhere his hand went by default, especially in dark alleys with unknown contacts. Especially when this contact was a Symenstra with a business deal of some kind. Especially when this business deal was something she wasn’t willing to talk about in public…There were all kinds of reasons in his head why this seemed to be a bad idea. But he needed the money, and well he needed allies as well if he was to survive here longer than a season.

Character Sheet
Tikon
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Shai on October 20th, 2011, 4:32 pm

Image Shai leaned against the wall. It had been a short wait; they’d shown up only shortly after she finished clearing the alleyway. Speaking with a quiet confidence she began, “We are alone here, although you are welcome to check if you want. But while you do, I hope you don’t mind if outline precisely how we will be earning mizas.”

She pulled away from the wall and began to pace while she pulled the proposal from her memory. She kept her voice low to avoid any ears she'd missed over hearing. “As I am certain at least two of you noticed I am a thief. So you can probably surmise that the job I have planned requires a theft, you would be correct.” She followed with a slightly vague outline of her plan, intentionally failing to mention which of the brothels she intended to hit. She wanted their paws in the cookie jar before they knew that so that they couldn’t sell her out. “I intend to rob a brothel. As the isur pointed out earlier if it could be done alone I would have already done it. There are four roles in this heist that require filling. First I need a scout; I need someone to keep their eyes open while inside the establishment.” She looked towards Bob, she had picked him for the scout due to the believability that he’d require a brothel’s services to get into a bed. “Second, I need someone to watch the area from the outside to make sure they are not on to us and that our getaway route is clear.” For this role Shai turned and nodded to Zandelia, she was ideal for multiple reasons, the paramount being that if something went wrong she suspected the woman could quickly close the distance to reverse their luck. “And finally I need muscle to watch my back and potentially bust in a face should any one attempt to follow me out of the establishment. Also, I may need assistance in carrying our loot as I am not truthfully that strong, and it really depends on what we get away with.” At this last statement Shai looked to Tikon, although with her description of the role she felt it was probably redundant.

“The scout is not to get caught nor to seem connected any way to the heist and we will time our operation appropriately, and the rest of us should not be seen unless something goes wrong. ” She realized she hadn’t mentioned what she would do but she felt that was obvious so didn’t elaborate on it. She stopped pacing as she finished speaking and turned to look at the three. They were an odd trio for sure but that was precisely why she liked them for this job, their diversity would allow for an expanded skill set that a strictly human crew couldn’t compete with. “The loot will be divided equally among the four of us, so we all have a vested interest in making this work out properly. So do you believe you can each fulfill these roles, are you in?”

ImageImage
Shai
Alone in the dark.

Words: 424135
Joined roleplay: October 9th, 2011, 5:43 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) 2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Bob Barton on October 25th, 2011, 11:39 pm

Take it all as they come Bob thought, which meant getting to the alley first, hearing the proposition and actually going through with it if it was acceptable enough. Getting there was easy as they reached the alley without any incident. Bob's idea worked out so well. Even if both his friends were a little...lacking like being a woman or a short isur, the isur's reputation and bulging arm together with Zandelia' s confident, scarred self would make anyone think twice before messing with their party. Of course Bob would look like the weakest link here but presenting himself as being without a fear in the world when he walked behind them would make him seem like an important man with strange bodyguards to all. Especially those rats he saw staring right at him ready to make a move, but always wary to keep their distance. If it really came down to a fight, Bob could always run since he knew that the other two would most likely not back down.

Which forced Bob to look out for more than one sign of trouble. When they did reach the alley he was relieved that they were not followed by anyone. As he told Tikon earlier, "interesting in Sunberth is not always good unless of course you are talking about the games." Zandelia did not share the same sentiment. Always about business with this woman but that was what allowed her to know even on an instinctive level what goes on, like the fact that they were all dealing with a sym. A fact that Bob still failed to realize which brought to the question of "why are you looking at the roof? No one can jump down that high and attack right away" unless they were using a bow. But if that happened Bob could always count on his size to make him less of a target since he would be harder to hit and the other two would be a lot more easier to any.

If Bob could make a guess, people in Sunberth really liked walls because that would mean no one can sneak up from behind. First it was Tikon who pointed him to an empty wall and called it a trick? Actually if Bob was a more reactive to his surroundings instead of always allowing himself to be deep in thought whenever his paranoia gets to him he would have actually see the wall climbing trick. But he didn't so all he could do is tell Tikon to "stop wasting time with your jokes and think through what we are getting into." Bob could never get what people of other races think. Their brains and cultures were truly bizarre to the more normal humans that he grew up with in Zeltiva and Syliras. But here and now he was in Sunberth with these people so he went up to Shai announcing "here as promised. So where is it we will be having the party?"

Not here hopefully. Normally he'd let Jinsen sniff around to look for surprises but he did not bring the dog along today so his companions would have to act on Shai's suggestion is they chose to. But Shai's other suggestion that Bob would act as the scout in the brothel brought a grin to his face. "I'll keep my eyes out for trouble...and on anything else there" which meant that he accepted his role gladly. Especially when there won't be a risk to him if Bob did what she said he should which is to remain as separated from the group as possible to everyone else. But it was still going to be a tough job without everyone so Bob gave a soft punch at Tikon. "You wanted an interesting night didn't you?" Zandelia he knew was very mercenary, but the isur's motivations still eluded him to this day which meant that he can only persuade him with his random interests which can pop up suddenly.
Bob Barton
Player

Words: 1121818
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2011, 12:21 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)

Postby Zandelia on October 31st, 2011, 10:39 pm

Zandelia could not help but gaze around the alleyway where the meeting was now unfolding, her single emerald green eyes trying to pierce the darkness as well as it could. It was a reflex that was impossible to break for her, a sense that would never fade with age, lest her age become unexpectedly small in its reckoning. She smiled at the small symenestran before her as she did so, feeling that there was little to no need to do so and silently apologizing for her natural wariness. Sunberth was a city where a lack of attention to detail would be immediately punished, and she had no intention of losing her life over something so small, what was left of her life at any rate. Satisfied she shifted her attention back to the woman, whom was now talking, and glancing from Bob to Tikon to gauge their reactions to her words.

I get the feeling that whatever she has planned might seem simpler in planning than in practical application, still money is money she thought to herself as the scheme was unveiled before them.

She appreciated the opportunity that their would-be employer gave them to think the situation through. After all, they had merely met a few minutes ago and were being asked to risk their lives and reputations over something which was not a necessity. It was only natural that they would be hesitant to respond, but the lure of riches was a powerful tool to wield and the women did so very well indeed. She knew what her answer would be, though she would only go through with it if Bob – in the very least – would do so beside her. As for the Isur, he would be handy she knew but she did not know him and so could accept his backing out if he so chose. It was with a small smile, also, that she listened to Bob’s response. He was being given a job he could enjoy, as well as do well.

Of course the little rogue would accept! Watching women is something he does best! she snorted to herself mentally as she shook her head at his words.

“Who knows Bob, if you take enough coin to cover your expenses you may actually get the company of a girl this time” she jested to him gruffly as she tilted her head in consideration.

“I can lend you my aid in this venture, as long as the pay is good enough at the end. I give you my services of observation and will cover the escape. However, I suggest you have a back up escape route for yourself and your ward,” she voiced, swinging her head towards Tikon now, “as if things get tough I will only be able to delay pursuit long enough for you to use it, not stop it entirely. I have no intention to throw my life away for some petching loot” she continued in a placid manner that still held iron at their core.

“Still, provided it’s all planned well enough and there are few complications I think we might enjoy an unexpected windfall indeed,” she chuckled out loud, crossing her arms beneath her bosom, “you can count upon my help this time – though I do not promise another until after it is done” she finished with a smile for the small woman.

And I thought we were just going to have a few drinks tonight too she told herself with a growing sense of anticipation. After all, should they pull it off she would be several steps closer to her goals in life, and business.

“As to interesting Bob, the only thing I find interesting is your belief in serendipity when we live in a sewer of a town” she smiled sweetly at him to show that she was only half-joking.

Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Tikon on November 1st, 2011, 3:09 pm

Shai went through each practical application carefully and he believed he knew what his place in this would be the second he heard her say ‘muscle’. It was apparent he couldn’t and wouldn’t be able to fill any of the other roles easily. After all he was indeed the muscle of the group. Even if it seemed he was one of the shorter ones. But in all honesty size alone couldn’t determine strength. Because he knew that he could easily bust in faces if needed. Especially with his sturdier arm. The job seemed easy, but almost everything seemed easy at times. But he knew he needed the pay, and the allies. It seemed here in Sunberth the only thing that protected you was allies. The more you had the more protected you were. And this was a good time to gain alliances. He nodded and then felt a soft something thump against his left arm. He barely felt it but Bob had just laid a soft punch against his hardened onyx arm….he would definitely be feeling that here very soon.

“I get what I ask for don’t I?”
Tikon said as he then waited for Zandelia to speak before he did, hence solidifying his position and role in all of this madness. He knew that he would play a role, but which one exactly was anyone’s guess. It depended on Zandelia and what she decided she was up for.

Bob had picked the role that best fit him, he wasn’t a theif…well not like Shai and he wasn’t a fighter like Tikon was. So he picked the best possible role for him to fill. And honestly he didn’t know what would happen if things really happened. If suddenly all of this went south faster than any of them could think. He nodded his head figuring that he already knew his role. This had proven to be a good and interesting night for him. He knew the other two already knew each other. Bob and Zandelia. So he was really the odd one out in this group. But he figured he could remedy this soon enough. He was sharing some of the same thoughts as Zandelia though. It was always easier to make a rough plan because in application almost everything was far more complicated than it appeared.

But he had confidence in the group before him. They were skilled and seemed to have some sort of allegiance between them. He and Shai were really more out in the wind but he knew he could hold his own if he needed to, and Shai…well she could always run up walls and escape so he knew he didn’t have to worry about her so much. “I could be your muscle no problem there.” He said as he nodded and stretched some.

It didn’t seem that there was ever really a boring night here in Sunberth. Nights at the tavern with drinks turned into business opportunities if you were lucky and bar brawls if you were really lucky. That thought made him smile as he looked to Zandelia and nodded. “I agree, a backup would be wonderful in case things really go south on us. I have no idea as to what to expect from the brothel you want to rob.”

Character Sheet
Tikon
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

PreviousNext