|Flashback| The Giant's Drink

Backnote Explaining Gian Marco's 1st Gnosis Mark & History

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Gian Marco on October 14th, 2011, 3:18 pm

Winter, 491 AV

But thou, my babe! shalt wander like a breeze
By lakes and sandy shores, beneath the crags
Of ancient mountain, and beneath the clouds,
Which image in their bulk both lakes and shores
And mountain crags: so shalt thou see and hear
The lovely shapes and sounds intelligible
Of that eternal language, which thy God
Utters, who from eternity doth teach
Himself in all, and all things in himself.
Great universal Teacher! he shall mould
Thy spirit, and by giving make it ask.

Therefore all seasons shall be sweet to thee,
Whether the summer clothe the general earth
With greenness, or the redbreast sit and sing
Betwixt the tufts of snow on the bare branch
Of mossy apple-tree, while the nigh thatch
Smokes in the sun-thaw; whether the eave-drops fall
Heard only in the trances of the blast,
Or if the secret ministry of frost
Shall hang them up in silent icicles,
Quietly shining to the quiet Moon.

Samuel Taylor Coleridge, 1798

Gian Marco awoke with a start to the surrounding darkness, devoid of sound save the icy wind that wound its way through the trees outside his cave. His mind reeled with the imagery and spoken word of his dream, as though it was a message from some distant, parallel realm of existence. He rose in the darkness and looked to the East. At the mouth of the cave, framed against the hue of dawn, was the silhouette of a man. Gian Marco moved to meet him. The visitor’s aura seemed to distort the cobalt light of sunrise – mixing and separating the darkness and light - and, as Gian Marco moved closer, he sensed a ruby red glow emanating from the man’s left arm.

"Izurdin,” Gian Marco spoke. The fog of his breath was immediately swept down the mountain by a gust of wind.

The man made no response and turned to face the rising sun.

"Was it you?" Gian Marco asked.

The man nodded. "Come," he said, and took Gian Marco by the hand.

Together they walked through the mountain passes, among the trees and new snow. Presently they arrived at a bluff overlooking Mathews Bay. Far below and in the distance, the dull haze of the city of Zeltiva stretched before them like a grand handle to the mirror of the sea.

The man was gone.

Alone, Gian Marco relived the images of his dream beneath the crag of the ancient mountain and beneath the clouds - among the lovely shapes and sounds intelligible of that eternal language.

"Therefore all seasons shall be sweet to thee ..." spoke an unseen voice. "Today is your birthday, young Isur."

A wash of images and experiences came to Gian Marco. His spirit fluttered with novel strength. In that moment, he knew of things past and present. His shoulder began to glow with white hot light. Ancient inscriptions wove their way through the sinews of his muscle and presented a Godly brand upon his skin.

Gian Marco awoke with a start to the surrounding darkness, devoid of sound save the icy wind that wound its way through the trees outside his cave. He rose in the darkness and looked to the East to greet the cobalt light of sunrise.

The Giants Drink.
Gian Marco
Player

Words: 5935
Joined roleplay: October 13th, 2011, 4:08 pm
Race: Isur
Character sheet

Postby Oracle on October 25th, 2011, 2:05 am

Name: Gian Marco

XP Award:
    None

Lore:

Notes: I love your choice of words and the vocabulary used here. I'm a big lover of descriptive writing, I love writing that takes me away and sweeps me off my feet. Some people like to just get to the point, i'm ok with that not happening. ;)

The rhetorical devices used really made for a great read. I loved the way everything came back around to the dream. I almost wanted to award you the lore "Inception" but I don't think OOC movie references belong on here hehe.

I would like to seem some longer posts, really push your limits as a writer. I think I would enjoy them immensely. Kudos for a job well done.

If you have any concerns with this please PM me and let me know. :)

A.S. Oracle
Zeltiva Lore****Zeltiva Forum****The University

Please see my absence thread if I have not responded in some way in over 24 hours
Oracle
AS of Zeltiva

Words: 53472
Joined roleplay: September 4th, 2011, 2:41 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook