Misfortune for the fortunate(open)

While doing his chores, Edwin finds himself in an unBEARable situation

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Postby Edwin on October 17th, 2011, 8:46 pm

Edwin stretched as he set the broom he was using against the wall, slumped to the ground and felt the morning sun beat down upon him.. “I can’t believe how hard it is coming back to this. And ignoring the chores, it is beating me down, reverting to this schedule of living.” He flipped his hair back and wiped the sweat from his brow and pulled out a small slip of parchment that listed his chores for today. “Sweep, Check. Wash the tiles, check, wash the robes, what a pain, but it was his last thing to do, minas well get it done.

After putting the broom away, Reporting the his boss, and getting the robes, he quickly headed down to the river with the large sack of linen on his back. Finding a warm rock and a steady current Edwin sat setting the washboard down in the water. “Ahh, so refreshing, my feet ache after walking around all day, these monks are such a pain, but they did accept me back.” He said pulling the first robe from the bag and beginning to rub it along the rough washboard. Quickly he finished three and laid back upon the rock and sighed. “Three down, only about twelve more to go!” And he sat back up as the sack of robes crept its way down the rock face and fell into the river and began to float away. “Oh, they must be trying to he…” He stopped short in his dumb comment and leapt into the water swimming after the bag of clothes. No! clothes, stop floating away, I can’t lose you! I have only been here a week, they will for sure kick me off the mountain, probably literally too!”

After bumping down the river after the almost alive sack he was within inches of it as a large rock caught him on the side and he began to float after it. “Augh. Such luck I have, you would think that being able to cold heartedly kill someone, I could wash some Petching robes!” He composed himself as he dodged a rock and caught up to the bag. “Now you won’t get away as He watched a black bear pluck the bag out from under him, probably assuming it was fish due to the smell. “Hey, give that back you dirty animal!” He pushed against a rock and jumped onto the bank. “you give that to me!”
Edwin
Player

Words: 2301
Joined roleplay: October 11th, 2011, 12:28 am
Race: Human

Postby Remus Clawing on December 19th, 2011, 11:24 am

Remus had been watching the boy's actions with curiosity. He was perched comfortably on a tree branch, happily watching the boy as he washed robes. It wasn't the most interesting thing to watch, but the morning was going well, Remus's stomach was full of tasty mice and he had nothing better to do.
Remus's head lifted as he watched the sack of robe's splash down into the water and the boy running after them.
Without hesitation, Remus opened his wings and took flight after the boy and his sack. He raced down the river, the water's breeze blowing him through the wind with ease. Once he got close enough to the sack, he poised himself ready to swoop down and lift it out of the water. Just as he dived down to retrieve it, a bear with black fur clawed at the sack and dragged it out of the water. Remus tried to glide back up and just skimmed the water in the process.
He almost gave up in helping after the bear looked like it didn't want to give back the sack, but as the boy foolishly challenged the bear for its prize, Remus panicked. The black bear would show no mercy for the boy, and probably kill him.
After gaining balance in the air, Remus poised himself again for attack. Once the bear had risen for an attack on the boy, Remus closed his wings and dived down towards the bear's head, as he reached it he stretched his talons out and clawed at the bear's eyes. The bear cried with pain and anger and snapped its jaws at Remus who quickly dodged it's attack before continuing his assault on the bear.
Flapping furiously, Remus landed on the bear's temple and used his sharp beak to scratch the bear. With an anger roar, the bear dropped the sack, and Remus jumped down from its head and landed on the sack. He turned towards the bear and screeched at it to warn it off. The bear slammed its large paws down in anger before retreating into the forest.
Remus closed his wings together and turned to the boy, chirping quietly with success.
Remus Clawing
Player

Words: 4133
Joined roleplay: December 16th, 2011, 9:36 pm
Race: Kelvic