Why is it Already Boring? [Open]

Siofra's exploration of Alvadas during the evening is already proving... questionable.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Postby Siofra on October 17th, 2011, 8:55 pm

Fall 30th, Nineteenth Bell, 511 AV

In the dim shadows of the Cubacious Inn, Siofra observed the tangles of people walking back and forth, in and out, of the place she referred to as "home". Indigo eyes seemed to glare from her pale face, shining darkly from beneath hair the same colour as the harvest moon in the east. Horns of vibrant yellow matched her hair and made her eyes seem cobalt instead of indigo, but it was something she didn't much care about.

Dark eyes followed children as they milled about with their parents, being herded back into the Inn and to various houses before the darkness consumed Alvadas. The darkness that Siofra didn't yet question. She didn't hve a need to. What was darkness to her when she knew of the darkest, most beautiful Gods? Leth was dark. Alvadas was still light.

Suddenly smiling, Siofra straightened out of her crouch and adusted her tunic around her thin frame, straightening it and hodling herself proudly as she stepped from the shadows, sidling into the crowd as an oddly thin youth. Her eyes flashed with silver every so often as the sleepless Ethaefal trailed after a small family frantic to find their way home, calm and collected. Her ferret darted from an alleyway at her side to accompany her as she walked, crawling up her leg and nestling around her thin neck.

"Is it dark for you too, Hoshi?" Siofra asked the animal as it nuzzled her neck. She sighed, wondering why the darkness seemed so complete on her one friend. "Don't worry. We'll cheer you up. Maybe there's magic here."

Another smile flitted across her lips as she said that, and she shook her head. The knot her long hair was tied in didn't unwind as she made the movement, yet she couldn't help but reach to touch it anyway and make sure it was secure. It took so long to do her hair properly that she wouldn't accept it coming undone.

Her distraction allowed the family she was following to get out of sight around a corner and Siofra sighed, knowing that Alvadas had a funny way of hiding things. Instead she looked around for something else, and when she found she was actually alone in the street she sighed and went to stand against a nearby building.

"Maybe I'm losing my touch already..." She said to herself, tilting her face up to glance at the Alvina's stars. She didn't know if anyone would come to keep her from being bored, but she hoped someone would.
We're part of a story, part of a tale
We're all on this journey
No one is to stay
Where ever it's going
What is the way?

OOCIt is now December, officially Winter in the Mizaharian calender. Siofra is no longer available to thread with for anyone after the end of Fall.
Siofra
Help me... I'm afraid...

Words: 48776
Joined roleplay: October 17th, 2011, 4:59 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Nowa on October 19th, 2011, 11:02 am

Nowa was enjoying the air, a nice breeze was flowing. It was rather random, and Nowa simply followed it as it lead him around the skies. Nowa loved being a Raven, so much better then being a crow. Small, weak, and talkative. Though, Nowa was still young, still small, and found himself talking a lot. Those things, of course, never came to Nowa's mind.

Nowa found the wind fall off, and decided it was a good place to land. Landing on a nearby gutter, he found a berry had managed to find it's way in. He looked around, and not a tree was in sight. He had no choice, he ate the berry. It tasted more like jelly then fruit, even though jelly was made of fruit.

As he contemplated the meal, he saw something else odd, a person standing around. Nowa looked harder, consentraited, and saw another living aura on this person in addition to her aura. An animal, perhaps? A person who carried around an animal, hidden away. Not a very common site, but not something he never saw. What was odd, was the type of animal. He had never seen that type of animal before, guessing from the aura. He was curious, and such things lead to people running away in this dark, but sometimes they faced the dark, and found Nowa.

Nowa spoke out, though his ability to speak as a bird was somewhat questionable. "Hello! Who are you? Wha' 'ind o' aninal, 'o you god?" Nowa was curious, but cautious. As he spoke, he got ready to make a quick flight away, should she throw a rock or something.
"noWa!"
Common as a Raven is not so easy. I wrote myself a guide in my CS.
Nowa
"Cra-woo!"

Words: 36552
Joined roleplay: September 2nd, 2011, 6:29 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Siofra on October 19th, 2011, 8:12 pm

Slowly Siofra looked around, seeking the faceless voice that had addressed her in such an interesting method. Her neck craned back and she looked at the oddest raven she had ever set her eyes upon. Immediately she wondered if he was a part of Alvadas' Illusion but she figured she couldn't be right. After all, before now the Illusion hadn't spoken to her... With the exception of the Wall of course.

Her brow furrowed as she attempted to make sense out of the bird's words. Was he saying "Hello! Who are you? What kind of animal or you god?" Siofra was unsure. Before now the only animal she had spoken to was the ferret curled comfortably around her neck. She had no experience with Kelvics and didn't know what they were in the least. It was interesting however.

"I'm Siofra." The Ethaefal said with her dark eyes showing deep amusement at replying to the bird. Maybe she'd already cracked? A smile brushed across her face as she considered her next reply. Did the animal ask if she was a god? What was wrong with saying "yes"? "I am a god and this is an animal." She said, reaching one long hand up to run across the sleek fur of the ferret. "Are you a god as well, bird? Or are you something different?"
No one is to stay
Where ever it's going
What is the way?

OOCIt is now December, officially Winter in the Mizaharian calender. Siofra is no longer available to thread with for anyone after the end of Fall.
Siofra
Help me... I'm afraid...

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Nowa on October 20th, 2011, 3:20 am

Her aura showed... confusion? No, that wasn't it. Curiosity, yes. Nowa's favorite kind. What did she say? Was she mocking his speech, or did she really just say she was a god? What was a god? Well, maybe it was like human, or crow. Maybe it was a kind of person like the others he had met. "No, no! Wha' 'ind o' aninal? Wha' aninal 'o you ha''? I no ask wha' 'ind o' aninal are you." A pause, as the bird readied his breath again. "I jus' Nowa. 'ritty 'irdy. Bedder d'en da crows." Another pause. He'd even wait a moment for an answer.

What kind of a creature was a god? Nowa was very curious. He continued to scan the auras, not just the one of the god, but the animal as well. He wanted to know a great many things, but there were two right in front that bothered him. He had lots of questions, but he had to wait for answers. If he waited, he got to ask more questions.

OOCI enjoy the attempted translation there. XD "do you got" was the missing link there, if you missed it. You might figure that out with his following comment. XD
"noWa!"
Nowa
"Cra-woo!"

Character sheet

Postby Siofra on October 31st, 2011, 9:23 pm

Understanding dawned on Siofra's countenance as the bird continued to chirp and caw at her. She ran her fingers through the ferret's pelt, hoping it remained asleep and didn't go at the yummy bird so Siofra had a real conversation.

"It's a ferret, bird." The Ethaefal said softly, her eyes darkly smiling at him. "Nowa's a pretty birdy? Better than the crows? But Nowa is a crow, isn't he? He looks like a crow. Don't you agree, Nowa?" She stifled the urge to croon her words at him, to mock him with her simple little question designed to find out if he really was something more than a crow. She wondered what magic could come out of one of Ionu's infamous illusions.

"What are you doing up there anyway, Nowa? If you come down here I promise not to let the ferret not bite you." Would the bird understand the meaning of her words? They were confusing, even to her. She should be careful with confusing things, even herself. She might fall for her own words one day.
No one is to stay
Where ever it's going
What is the way?

Siofra
Help me... I'm afraid...

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Nowa on November 1st, 2011, 1:19 am

Nowa was offended, but not everyone could know everything. In fact, Nowa didn't know many things either, so he thought to forgive her. "Nowa is a Raven, 'igger and, s'ronger -en any crow. I an, 'raining so I can, always 'ind 'ood." He looked to the strange person, did she understand him this time? She seamed more honest then most, and confused. Well, most people didn't have birds talking to them in Common. She also seamed kind-of mean... though he wasn't sure why. Her aura held many strange things.
"noWa!"
Nowa
"Cra-woo!"

Character sheet

Postby Siofra on November 1st, 2011, 5:11 pm

"What's the difference between raven's and crows, Nowa, even if they talk? Black feathers, legs and a beak? Ravens and crows both have them." Siofra raised her eyebrows again, tilting her head in curiousity. It was funny, to say the least, that a bird would feel the need to berate her. "And finding food? Ravens, and crows, should be able to easily find food at any time. Alvadas is sure to have food lying around."
No one is to stay
Where ever it's going
What is the way?

Siofra
Help me... I'm afraid...

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Nowa on November 1st, 2011, 8:33 pm

Nowa looked to this person, not sure what to make of her. She spoke honestly, but that honesty wasn't insight or wisdom. But, there was one point that wasn't so simple, and that was the food. No matter how easy it looked to get food, there were always times when it was not. "So, go find 'ood in dark and cold 'laces. Find 'ood in 'rees and rocks. You find 'ood here, I find 'ood, everywhere! How nuch 'ood do you find? I find nore!"

Was she sheltered, like a child in the nest? Was she cared for without such worries? Getting food was no game, and she treated it as such. She passed it off as a simple thing, but what did she really know of it? Winter was coming, when would she be let out of her nest? Would she hole up inside it, continued to be cared for? Nowa chose not to live that life, he wanted to be a bird! He wanted to grow!
"noWa!"
Nowa
"Cra-woo!"

Character sheet

Postby Siofra on November 1st, 2011, 9:35 pm

How utterly odd that it seemed the bird was looking down upon her, in both a figurative and literal sense. Siofra felt herself grow even more intrigued with this and she couldn't help but take a wary step closer, her dark indigo eyes, splintered as they were with pure silver, narrowing as she approached.

"Where do you find your food, Raven Nowa?" She asked the bird, deciding to humour it in its insistence that it was indeed a raven and not a crow. She was still bent on arguing ravens and crows were one and the same, but that argument slipped her mind at the seriousness of his words and voice. She felt like snickering and showing she found him funny. What was the hunt for food when you could die anyway from the cold of winter?

Such a serious little creature! Siofra wondered how she could bring a spark of laughter to it, so it wouldn't be so dark and gloomy. However, she doubted that it would be hardly likely that the bird had a sense of humour although she felt she should try and make it laugh before doubting it.

“You make it sound so easy to find food, bird. Tell me, does food walk to you? Ravens, as far as I can see, pick the meat off of dead bones. In Alvadas I seem to think more people die, and easier, so finding food for one such as you should be simple and easy. Unless, of course, you keep money in your feathers to spend as you wish on raw meat?”

She was starting to get distracted from her real questions, she realized. Siofra had wanted to figure out what kind of bird it was that managed to talk without any form of magic fueling it (that she knew, at least). The bird didn’t sound like the Idol Slanderer, as it, after all, did move and wasn’t prone to hurling insults.

“What kind of raven are you, Nowa? Why can you talk and the others can’t?” Maybe he was the product of Animation? A human soul trapped in a bird body would make a very fun plaything indeed. If he was Animated, maybe she herself could do the same to someone. Maybe someone very seriousness could be the source of her Animation. That would teach them to be serious and bland.

Her eyes narrowed again as she looked at Nowa, wondering what his reply would be.
No one is to stay
Where ever it's going
What is the way?

Siofra
Help me... I'm afraid...

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Nowa on November 2nd, 2011, 2:34 am

She was asking more questions then Nowa was, and each one more insulting then the last. He felt sorry for trying to compliment her dance, now. "You kee' naking fun of ne! I can see i', no hiding fron ne." She moved closer, however. Nowa decided after a bit to take off, finding a slightly further perch then before. Was the tricky person readying a pounce? No need to wait and find out.

Once he settled to the new perch, along a building, he spoke again. "If you were no' so rude, I would ans-er. Nowa jus' a joke? A riddle? I 'an be nore. I can 'alk, read, hunt, and fly! Are 'ey all sane 'o you? Any'ing snaller is sane? All 'at flies a 'irdy, all 'at crawls a bug?" His anger subsided having yelled out, perhaps she simply chose not to see? The different things in the world... were what made it great. Maybe she just needed to open her eyes. He contemplated her in a different light, and considered what sorts of things she said more carefully.
"noWa!"
Nowa
"Cra-woo!"

Character sheet