The Creation of Fire(Miro)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Postby Shazvagrimkon on October 20th, 2011, 7:54 pm

18th of Fall, 511 AV

It was a peaceful morning when Grim woke that morning. Much more peaceful then the sleep he had through the night. There were a few things that caused his sleep to be restless, the first of which was his mind reeling at the possibilities of the new world of magic that opened before him that day. It was all so fascinating and pulled him into it, urging him to learn more. The new strength and speed that he would be able to attain with the training of The Flux was enough to whet the appetite for violence of any fighter, and he was no different. He pictured the speed and strength of his blows destroying his opponents and nothing standing before him. This force was formidable in a fight, this much was proven to him the day he sparred with Miro. The fact that he could hold his own and force Grim back with this magic was enough to show that he would be able to accomplish even greater feats of strength then that if he trained enough. The other magic he was learning would open even more fascinating opportunities. The ability to create the elements from his own body seemed impossible to him. Yet he knew it wasn’t because it was performed before his very eyes. His friend Miro creating ice from nowhere at all was a surprising feat and definitely caught Grim off guard the first few times he had seen it. He couldn’t imagine the endless uses and possibilities of using these elements. This led to the next thing that caused his restless sleep. He had dreams of massive flames all around him. Not only around him, but he was the cause of them. He was creating fire and spreading it. The fire devoured anything in its path, including his friends and the innocent people around him, showing him to take care and remain control of the flames he used. This would take control and determination but Grim had confidence that he could take care of this. Besides these dreams making him toss and turn, he was very excited and ready to begin his training the next morning. There was much to do and learn and it would be no easy task. This thought urged Grim to get the much needed rest and so he tried his best to get a good sleep that night.

Now with the beginning of the morning behind him, Grim sat with his back against a tall thick tree. His palms had the scabbed over cuts on from where Miro sliced them. Thinking back to the intrusion of his master’s djed into his own body, the pain that was caused from it, sent a long shudder down his spine. The pain was like nothing he had ever felt before and doubted he would ever feel anything like it again. Pushing the thoughts from his mind, he opened the wounds again, using the blood that seeped through to draw the three triangles and circle that Miro had drawn on his hand. Hopefully it would help in this process. After taking a deep breath, he closed his eyes and began concentrating on that one spot, ignoring everything around him. The gathering of his djed started sooner this time and pooled quicker. He centered it in his palm and slowly gathered more and more. He would then sit there for a few bells concentrating, slowly moving the djed throughout his body, trying to gain more control over the ability. After he reached a point where he was satisfied for the time being, he started the next step of creating res.

Grim sat there concentrating on the djed in his palms, imagining sweating it out and pushing it out of his body like he was told. For a long time the only thing that seemed to be sweating out was the actual sweat that slickened his forehead as he concentrated, but before long, something slowly changed and he felt the res slowly seeping out of his hands. With a sudden flourish of excitement, he opened his eyes to see the hands in front of him covered in a thin coating of a thick, ethereal, golden res. He was fascinated and began closing his hands and touching the res, exploring its qualities. After doing this he tried using his mind to move it around and it worked to an extent. He was still inexperienced and the res moved slowly. Grim would spend the next few bells learning to move the res around more easily and with better skill. It was still nothing like he had seen Miro do but with time he knew he would get there. The next step would be to move it in the air. With a strong focus, Grim began concentrating on picking up the small ball of res with his mind. Taking control of it and moving it in a small circle above his palm. The excitement was great and he was ready to improve upon these skills. But the light was fading fast and before long it would be too dark for him to see to train. After standing and stretching out his stiff legs, Grim made the walk back and would sleep soundly through the night.

19th of Fall, 511 AV

Grim woke to a beautiful morning, fully rested after his long day of training. There was much he hoped to do this day. The first of which would be to see his master to show how much he had accomplished and to take the next step in his training and create fire. With these hopes in mind he would set out through Alvadas and search for his friend Miro’s home. Hopefully it would not take very long, but with an ever changing city such as Alvadas, there was no telling how long it would take. He could be there in ten minutes or wander around until noon before finally finding the house.
He who makes a beast out of himself
gets rid of the pain of being a man
Shazvagrimkon
Snake Dude

Words: 28160
Joined roleplay: August 5th, 2011, 9:00 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet

Postby Miro on October 26th, 2011, 1:20 am

19th day of Fall, 511 AV

Miro knew what today would hold. Lhex did not always make life full of twists and turns. Miro woke up and walked to his front yard. The idea was one of genius, so he told himself that is. Miro would wait for Grim on the roof. The roof was old, damaged and Miro was not weightless. He prepared the Flux in his legs and took a position several feet away. He ran towards it and jumped up at the structure using flux to boost the lift of the push. He soared upwards towards the building and readied for another push. His foot met the siding and he pushed upwards as best as possible. His sandal fell off of his foot as he moved upwards. The kick was more or less successful, but the plan was less than perfect to start with. Miro was able to land his upper chest on the top of the house. His arms and chest gripped the roofing desperately. Now regret went through his mind. He did not want to fall to the grounds below. He began to panic and focus djed into his right hand and readied the Flux to save him. He pressed his right hand down hard pushing him upwards for a moment before a loud snapping noise sounded. Miro felt his hand sinking in, and he knew what would be the result of dangling by his arm. He began to let himself fall, though he would not let himself take the full force unless he had to. His foot that still held his sandal found its way to the wall. He hoped the friction would slow his decent, letting him fall safely to the ground. Putting too much trust in this he fell down, his foot spun causing him to twist half way down. Miro fell down landing flat on his stomach and face. The wind was knocked out of him and he tasted the gritty filth of dirt. He sat there and moaned in pain, hoping Grim did not see his foolish attempt. "Why must I do these things? If anybody asks why I am laying here like this...I will simply say I fell from the heavens after council with the gods." He laid still for a while longer, finally accepting the pain, yet paralyzed, unable to accept the foolishness of his actions. "Petch my ideas, the lot of them." A few chimes later Miro stood himself up, wiping the dirt from his body, gathering his shoes and spitting any remaining soil from his mouth. He leaned against the wall near the door and waited. Soon he got bored. Perhaps Grim wasn't coming after all.
Miro
Not quite Nuit, just a little undead.

Words: 1238727
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2011, 7:52 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Shazvagrimkon on November 7th, 2011, 10:32 pm

After walking for a little over a bell of the day, Grim had wandered through the part of town that he wanted to be in. It was very familiar and right down the street he saw the outside of Miro’s home. With renewed excitement he set off at a quicker pace with his pack bouncing against his back and his boots thudding against the ground through a small puddle. Upon reaching the building he saw his friend already outside, seemingly waiting for him. With a few strides he reached Miro and offered his hand for a welcome. “Chello. Were you expecting me? I have been practicing since I left and made some progress. Have not been able to create fire yet though.” Stepping back, Grim began gathering a small amount of golden res in the palm of his hand and split it into three spheres, moving them around in a pattern above his hand. “Just thought I would stop by and show you my progress. And see what more you can teach me.”
Shazvagrimkon
Snake Dude

Character sheet

Postby Miro on November 10th, 2011, 11:57 pm

Miro waved as soon as he saw his friend appear. "Grim, hi!" His friend had appeared as he had hoped. Just as Miro expected of him, he trained and even without Miro's help was able to make progress. "Expecting you? Perhaps you think me to have some sort of ability to sense you." Miro turned away and grinned a bit. He walked to his door and invited Grim in. "Don't worry, we will find your fire soon enough." Turning back to listen to what his friend had to say Miro paused for a bit. Grim had his res already out? The golden mass split and began to move. He obviously had gone above what Miro expected of him for control. Before, he had sensed potential in his newly initiated apprentice. But the potential only referred to his affinity to the arcane, not his determination to master it. "Grim, that is amazing work! I am impressed you got so far in such little time. Please, do come in." Miro walked into the common area and seated himself. He placed his hand on his forehead and began to wonder how he could teach an element he hadn't learned himself. Thinking hard, he began to cycle through a few ideas, trying to filter some out. "I learned water from being around the element. Playing with it, feeling it, just identifying it for myself. We have a fire pit, it could work!"

Miro burst up from his seat and waved to Grim. The duo walked out to the courtyard where Miro breathed in deep. "Grim, I have an idea. We will go through a few steps before we attempt fire. But, I will say that I am planning not to end the lesson then. Your efforts have inspired me more than you know. Determination sets a fire in my heart. We will train until I am sure you have learned a thing or two. The Flux, and reimancy will now be a part of you. Don't let such an ability go to waste, and don't let such an ability waste you. There is a balance that needs to be found, but I do not think this will be a problem for you. Just sit here, and perhaps you can find a calm mind. Meditation will help you find what you need. But come, sit here next to this pit. I will light this fire, but don't expect me to be near it. It is too much for me, but meditate with the fire beating down on you." Miro stocked up the pit high with wood and lit it. Miro staggered back, avoiding the heat as much as possible. "Grimkon...when you feel like it is time, make some more res and observe the fire. Try to interact with it using your res. Feel the presence of it. Think of what it feels, HOW it feels. Your res is a part of you. Think of that part blazing forth and changing to fire. You will know when it happens, even if you can't see it. I will sit back and watch for now. Good luck!"
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Shazvagrimkon on December 6th, 2011, 9:07 pm

As Grim sat there, legs crossed, and the fire beating down upon his face and any exposed skin, he concentrated and observed the leaping flames. Within seconds his clothes grew warm against his skin and his face and hands were hot. The heat began to dry his eyes, causing them to blink and water. After what seemed hours but could be no longer than 20 chimes, Grim began to make a small amount of res and make a small ball. Slowly he moved his hand closer to the fire, the heat intensifying. Mentally moving the ball into the flames, he concentrated and felt the movement of the blaze. The flames licked at the ball and the res heated but did nothing. Thinking of the flames and the blaze, he imagined the res lighting and taking the same loose flowing form of fire. In doing this he saw a small quick flaming and pulled back his hand to see that the res had slowly begin to burn, around the outside and quickly lit the rest of the res. With excitement Grim stood and his skin tingled with the quick rush of cool air blowing against it. He walked to where his companion had taken refuge from the heat and spoke, “The res lit. Did you see that? That was incredible.”
Shazvagrimkon
Snake Dude

Character sheet

Postby Miro on December 20th, 2011, 3:26 pm

Miro hated the feeling of being hot, the pain from the fire, but Grim needed him, and he wouldn't abandon him. Miro poured a layer of ice from his skin to shield him, freeing his joints to allow him to move and began to prep himself. The relief from the ice was instant, and though Miro wanted to cool, he wanted to observe his students progress.

He turned towards Grim and began to slowly ease his way closer to the flame. Each step caused him a bit more discomfort in his face. Within a chime or so, he was ready to watch closely. Grimkon was sitting with his hands outwards, meditating carefully. Miro was impressed with his determination entirely. The heat was intense from the distance Miro kept, even with the ice covering him, but Grim didn't flinch or lose his focus.

Miro got slightly bored watching, as nothing really seemed to be happening. Was he even learning anything? Miro looked into the fire closer, hoping he could see the res inside. He leaned in, ignoring the sting of discomfort. Just as he got in close, Grimkon pulled out his res, which was burning slightly. It burst into flame around the outside. "Amazing, he did it!"

Miro shuffled back away and turned his face from the fire. He wiped the sweat from his face and turned back to see Grim coming towards him. He excitedly spoke of his triumph, causing Miro to feel quite proud. "Congrats, Grim, your first transmutation. I only have one think left to teach you now." Miro streamed water from hand, letting it form a puddle on the ground. Miro created a disk of res under his palm and let it move to the puddle. "Watch closely. The water, I can control it with my res. I can attract it and use it as my own." Miro attracted the water from the ground, lifting up the water, drying the puddle. Miro moved it up above his head, shaping it into an orb. "Now it's your turn Grim. Make some res and attract the fire to it. After you have done so, transmute it. If you have learned fire, it shouldn't be too difficult. Try making a bit more than usual, see how much you can attract."
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Shazvagrimkon on June 7th, 2012, 9:10 pm

As Grim walked back towards the fire he felt determined to accomplish the next task in his training. The fire crackled and snapped with a language all its own, the tongues of flame taunting him. As the fire blazed on the res began to form in the open palm of his right hand. He slowly began to gather as much as he felt comfortable with controlling at one time. As the res finished gathering in his palm it formed a ball and slowly floated towards the ever changing iridescent mound of flames. As it got closer and nothing happened a feeling of disappointment began to gather in his chest as the thought of failure crept into his mind. With a glance over to his friend and mentor a renewed vigor overcame and he concentrated fully on the task at hand. Trying to pull the flames towards the res. As the flames began to pull towards the ball above it a small smile slid over his face. A moment later every tongue of the pyre was leaping towards the ball above it. To experiment with its effects he began to move it in a circle around the outside of the pit watching the flames follow the whole time. Once satisfied with the results the ball moved to the center causing the flames to pull in on themselves and suddenly it was alight and burning away.
Shazvagrimkon
Snake Dude

Character sheet

Postby Miro on July 25th, 2012, 4:16 pm

Miro absolutely hated working around the fire. Grimkon was a fast enough learner, but it was more than uncomfortable. He knew his student was doing his best, so it was only fair he do the same. Miro closed his eyes, focusing on gathering his djed in his temple. With the flames sending waves of heat after him, it was a little bit hard to focus. The thought of producing water from his face, like sweat seemed to be a good one, but he knew he could improve on that even. It would cause Miro to alter his magic before it was even produced, something foreign to him.

Finally he had the concentration he needed. He began to think about the process of making ice, cooling it with his wind element. The image of warm boiling water, bubbling with heat, threatening to splash and scald any near it. Then a gentle breeze brushing against its surface, soothing the water's temper, calming it until it was coated in a thick sheet of ice. The idea was much the same, only instead of transmuting res, he would produce the element directly from his skin.

Miro began to transmute djed into water, tickling his face with freezing cold water. The loss of djed from his face made it feel slightly numb, but was not painful. The relief from it was quite satisfying, and he began to produce more water from his skin over the rest of his body. After a quick moment, he was satisfied and tired, knowing he could deal with the heat enough to coach his student.

Now his attention shifted to Grimkon. Slowly Miro paced towards him, able to see him hard at work. His control over his res had improved, even in this short time. But Miro knew that one's mindset was the biggest factor in magic. "C'mon Grim, you've got this! Just feel it, I know you have it in you, I have seen it!" The words were heartfelt, not hollow encouragement, but rather a gut feeling. Grimkon was going to be a fine reimancer.

With these words, the man had new life, a finer existence within his released soul that now moved at his command. He became part of his res as it was part of him, and the fire obeyed his will. Flames held close around the ball, disobeying their nature to find a new home in a shard of this newly found mage's soul. His student ended his exorcise, and the feeling of accomplishment drowned the air in the courtyard.

Miro began to pour res from his hands in a liquid form. The fire without his magical sweat was even more intense, but he continued to focus on the amount of life he poured away. Reimancy always gave Miro a negative feeling, as if he were becoming numb to the world, a hollowness took root where a part of him once remained. Though the feeling was normally ignored, seeing the beginner brought his focus to it.

How did Grim feel about sacrificing such a thing? Surely it was not something most were used to. Miro quickly moved his res atop the flames and transmuted it to water, which fell upon the inferno and splashed outwards. "Grimkon, how dare you make me look so bad! You know how long it took me to learn that lesson? You are quite the quick student. Before long you will be picking up your next element, no doubt. Just keep working on your technique and skills and one day, you will have absolute control...or you could just go crazy."

Miro walked up to the man and offered his hand to him in congratulation. He felt proud, as he had once made his mother feel. Magic was not an easy thing, nor was it a mere hobby. With proper guidance Grim could become a great asset wherever he took root, or an even bigger problem. It was not an immediate worry, Miro could just as easily take away the gifts given of course.

"Now, you know as much as I can teach you for now. If you ever need to practice, or need advice, come back. When you find more control, perhaps I can show you a thing or two. Until then however, I am quite useless. Is it safe to assume we are done for today?" Miro was about ready to be done with teaching for the day, it was not quite as inspiring as he would have hoped, but he felt it his duty nonetheless. With his talents he would change the world. Well, change it someday at least.
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Fallacy on December 30th, 2012, 11:38 pm

XP Award!

Name:Miro
XP Award:
  • Reimancy- 1
  • Teaching- 2
Lore:
  • Fire- the heart of passion
  • Being inspired by his students
  • The Balance of magic and discipline
  • The creation of fire
Notes:

Too bad the thread ended here.

Any questions or concerns about the rewards gained please send a PM :)

12 hour shifts have started, and Im working 6-7 days a week mandatory overtime. My replies will be slow until I can adjust to this new groove.
Fallacy
I think you're crazy just like me.

Words: 493223
Joined roleplay: June 23rd, 2011, 7:58 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)