A Trip to the Market

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

A Trip to the Market

Postby Iliana on October 23rd, 2011, 11:03 pm

55th of Fall, 511 AV

The sun shown brightly in a nearly cloudless sky, and a cool breeze wafted through the streets of Alvadas, a sign of the coming winter ahead. The city of illusions was once again at its work of shifting and confusing all who were not used to the city, and Iliana found it quite fun to skip along one alley to the next simply to see what would appear.

Half walking, half dancing down side streets, Iliana made her way to the Bizarre for she was determined to spend some of her money on a new set of clothes.

I can't, she reasoned, be seen in my performance attire all the time, because then it will become a common affair.

With a smile of youthful energy, Iliana passed through many twists and turns, at times sending a prayer or two to Ionu to guide her on the path to her destination, until finally she found herself in the open streets of the market. Tossing back her blond hair (for she only turned it blue for her performances), Iliana made her way into the bustling crowds, intent of buying just what she needed.

Of course... Iliana could not be said to be good with her money. All of the shops and stands caught her eye, and Iliana made her way to each and every one. She was a teenager in her element, and with a satchel full of gold mizas it would be a wonder if she did not leave with half of the market in tow. With a firm shake of her head, Iliana somehow managed to stop herself from purchasing fine golden necklace inlaid with precious gems, a new pair of silken undergarments and a litter of kittens that mewed for her attention, before she made her way to one of the many clothes stands. With a sigh she passed the silk, and even the velvet, items by and made her way to one of the many wool and cotton merchants.

With a sinking feeling, Iliana picked her way through the many articles of clothing, finally making a selection on a pair of black cotton breeches (-1sm) and a blue linen blouse (-1gm). She also noticed a rather nice looking dress made of a white cloth (-4sm), and after checking her funds Iliana decided she deserved to reward herself for all of her hard work.

After all, she thought, if I wear nothing but leggings and revealing tops some may get the wrong opinion of my profession.

Thus deciding Iliana made her way through a tangle of other women to the vendor behind the counter, setting her purchases before him. The man was rather scruffy looking with an unkept black beard and unwashed face. Iliana could not help but notice the man's eyes strayed to her chest before looking at her eyes.

"Two gold mizas." He said gruffly, looking down at her chest and back up to her eyes once more. He extended a hand expectantly. For a moment, Iliana considered gracing the man of her thoughts of him, but with an inward sigh she restrained herself. Instead, she smiled brightly, leaning over the counter to give the man a better view.

With a bit of magic, Iliana changed the pitch of her voice just slightly, giving it a deeper, more seductive tone, "Two gold mizas? I do not think I have the money for such a high price." With one hand, Iliana touched the edge of her neckline.

No longer bothering to look in her eyes, the man replied, "Two gold mizas is the price. Pay it or walk in the nude for all I care."

I am sure you would like that, Iliana inwardly fumed. However, on the outside she allowed her smile to fade slightly, tracing one finger in a circle in his outstretched palm, "Surely... we could work something out? I do not have very much money you see, and I...I must work every day to pay for each meal." She allowed a bit of emotion to plague her voice, "I-if...If I were to pay such a price I...I would be unable to eat tonight you see..."

Iliana traced her finger down the mans arm, and then moved it up to touch the edges of his untrimmed beard, causing the man to look up in surprise. She caught his eyes with hers, and felt a surge of satisfaction when she saw a trace of empathy there. Seeing her chance, Iliana looked deep into the man's eyes, pushing only one thought.

Shes so young...

The man blinked and looked away. Clearing his throat, he waved a hand, "Bah, fine fine. Blast those eyes of yours girl, just this once I will knock your price down by five silver mizas, but not a single copper more!"

Iliana nodded, feeling a bit put out by the small change in price, but she figured it was due to her inexperience more than anything. Giving the man a generous smile she paid and turned to leave, almost skipping through the crowd as she clutched her new clothes close to her chest.
Iliana
Light Footed and Light Hearted

Words: 69751
Joined roleplay: October 19th, 2011, 5:47 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A Trip to the Market

Postby Fallacy on December 12th, 2011, 6:24 pm

XP Award!

Name:Iliana
XP Award:
  • Hypnosis- 2
  • Seduction- 2
Lore:
  • Getting a better price
  • Persuading with body language
Notes:

- 1 Gold Miza -5 Silver Miza from ledger

I liked how you used your hypnosis in order to compliment your seduction technique. It really worked in you favor, and added a nice touch to your thread. One criticism though. When using hypnosis you do not just place thoughts and use magic to change your words, you must describe what she is trying to accomplish by placing the thought or using the magic. Period. You would have got more XP if you would have done a finer job with your magic. Work on it. More detail into what you are trying to accomplish with the magic. Maybe how it feels to use it, just more depth. That is what needed. Otherwise, good thread.

Oh, and for future reference, it is the moderator who is grading the thread that sets the final price. This time I had no problem with it, but keep that in mind when doing a thread to the market :D

Good job. Was a fun read. Keep on trucking.

Any questions or concerns about the rewards gained please send a PM :)

12 hour shifts have started, and Im working 6-7 days a week mandatory overtime. My replies will be slow until I can adjust to this new groove.
Fallacy
I think you're crazy just like me.

Words: 493223
Joined roleplay: June 23rd, 2011, 7:58 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)