Flynn Maidrus

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Flynn Maidrus

Postby Flynn Maidrus on October 25th, 2011, 12:00 am

Flynn Maidrus
your average wisp

under severe reconstruction

Basic Information
Race: Ghost
Birthday & Age : Summer of 489 AV, 22 yo
Death: 509 AV due

Languages

Common: Fluent
Char: Basic
Snake-Tongue: Poor

Physical Description
Flynn stands at 5"7 with a lanky body and cream hair and slightly tanned skin. She usually slouches and has bright, haunted and hooded green eyes coupled with long lashes the color of her hair. Her feet are calloused while her hands are soft. Flynn is a casual pretty face; button nose, oval face, pale lips, and voluminous eyes.

Character Concept
Alive
Flynn loves being by herself and being fearless, yet not brave. She is as curious and fickle as a cat and is lucid and sly. She has no morals but is generally against bothering or bringing people pain, as she is empathetic. Being raised in Ravok, Flynn is resourceful and manipulative and has a hard time bringing herself to sleep at public places, as a deep sleeper she is paranoid someone will kill her. Gluttonous and indulgent, yet she has no trouble with her finances. She wanders from place to place searching for a place to tie herself to and has a love for stories.

Dead
As a ghost, she has a hard time controlling her desolate feelings and is constantly driven mad by the need to let go and reincarnate, yet, Flynn's gut tells her not to let go. She constantly wanders from place to place to figure out why.

Character History
Flynn ran away from her parents at the age of 10, wanting independence. Her older brother, Quis, age 16, followed. they survived by living on the outskirts of Ravok and only went into the city to buy things. Three years later Quis was killed by merchants passing by who had thought he was a bandit. Flynn chased and tried to kill the merchant who had confessed to killing her brother on fast judgment, but her dagger broke. Before she could run, the merchant made a contract with her to be his bodyguard. The merchant, Wes, took her under his wing and from ages 13 to 17 she traveled with him and learned from his merchant group, taking on Wes' last name. Flynn separated later because she wanted adventure, and Wes agreed. In 509 AV she died of mysterious circumstances.

In her own words:
Flynn Maidrus wrote:
"I'm... ah, one of the incorporeal. At the age of ten, I ran away from my parents. They... they, in their own way, were kind of despondent and smothering at the same time. Kind of absentmindedly caging us... me. Emotionally abusive when they remembered I exist, yet they thought they were better than everything. I was prideful and stubborn, I couldn't take that. So I ran away," here she took a deep breath, "to the outskirts of Ravok. I lived like that for a couple years, until a merchant came by ship onto the Docks," Flynn violently shuddered and her eyes momentarily unfocused, seeing flashbacks. Bloody hell. No need to get all jittery because of some stupid retelling of your life story, dear. She winced and pinched the bridge of her nose. Stupid. Stupid, don't blame yourself for a death that was never your fault. Those kinds of things never end well. With shuddering breath she continued, "The merchant... the merchant who came to the dock, yeah? He took me under his wing as his bodyguard at knifepoint. He was eccentric. And nice, and..." she laughed and shook her head. "I traveled with his caravan, or merchant's group, or whatever. Best years of my life, you know how long that lasts. Or not. I wanted to go, make a life of my own, seek adventure. I knew how long happiness lasts before disaster strikes. So I left. And now I don't know if he's even alive or not. I left and I died... I can't even remember how. But that's why I'm here, I think. Last regret of a ghost, I guess."

Relationships
Quis- Dead older brother. She learned basic survivals skills from him. Quis was a relatable, charismatic person and Flynn looked up to him and was incredibly touched when he followed her into the forest. She partially blames herself for his death.
Wes Maidrus- Flynn respected him on sight as he had a careful yet flippant air about him. It wasn't hard for her to forgive him for her brother's death because she understood that Wes took no chances. Later on, she convinced Wes to hear out the people who stumbled onto their camp instead of killing them which led to many fortuitous events and troubles.
Rom- A female Nuit that used to be a Drykas and one of the more prominent members of the group known for her haggling skills. Rom taught Flynn magics and languages, and looked after her.

Training
Ability Skillpoints Gained Total
Materialization 10+10+3 SP, RB, XP 23
Webbing 5 SP 5
Soulmist Projection 30+3 SP, XP 33
Possession 5+2 SP, XP 7
Observation 4 XP 4
Persuasion 3 XP 3
Interrogation 2 XP 2
Storytelling 1 XP 1
Larceny 1 XP 1
Subterfuge 1 XP 1
Negotiation 1 XP 1
= 81 skill points

Lore
Storytelling
World Navigation
Toying With the Living
Pandering to Curiosity
Clyde's Patchy Memory
Gullible Humans
Possessing Clyde
Clyde's Residence

Equipment and Possessions
● serrated kirk
*stored or carried around with her, whichever is more convenient at the time.

Ledger
100 gm
+500 gm (no house)
-310 gm kirk (serrated blade)

Thread List
Fall 511 AV
2nd CEB [Ravok]
4th Double Vision [Ravok]
47th Slim Pickings [Ravok]

Winter 511 AV
3rd A Short Walk [Ravok]
5th Southern Trading Post [Ravok]
17th Ghostly Proceedings [Sunberth]
36th In Search of a Lady [Sunberth]
Last edited by Flynn Maidrus on October 27th, 2011, 2:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
PC art by MelloLover@DA
Flynn Maidrus
being dead has its perks

Words: 28885
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2011, 4:53 am
Race: Ghost
Character sheet