Ghostly Proceedings(Flynn)

A deal is struck thats consequences are hidden for both parties involved.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Darik on January 8th, 2012, 12:14 am

Date: 17th of Winter, 511 Av
Time: 12:00 Noon
Pcs: Flynn+ Darik

Darik kicked the sand as he walked near the Barqoue Bay. He avoided all the piers, he didn’t want to draw the attention away from the workers. Not that they were a threat, but he was feeling kind of lazy today. Running and arguing seemed like such a huge up take that Darik was refraining from his regular shenagains. Darik didn’t know why he felt like not doing anything, he just knew.

Soon he left the beach, deciding what kind of day it was going to be. He ended up on a very relaxed, and calm day. No fights, no killings, no thefts, just a regular day of walking through Sunberth’s streets. It was unusual for him to be not preoccupied, so he had never truly had a day off. And he had never wanted it that way, till today.
Unlucky for him, fate strikes the unwilling.

oocYa short post, but hay what else could he do? :P
Darik
Troublemaker

Words: 231903
Joined roleplay: July 6th, 2011, 5:42 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Flynn Maidrus on January 10th, 2012, 4:43 am

Swimming was Flynn’s favorite thing to do as a ghost, if it could even be called that. She lazily drifted along, the seawater flowing through her as well as the occasional seal and stared, entranced, by the sunlight filtered and fragmented by the waters. She spun and flipped and did pirouettes by Baroque Bay, occasionally jumping up to give fishermen the scare of their lives. It was a small price to pay to get her to stop terrorizing the fishes.

It was at such a jump that she caught sight of a man along the beach. A nondescript man, extraordinarily ordinary, but it was the marking along his arm that caught her attention. He wore a blue pouch around his neck and walked around languidly as if he had all the time in the world. The man kicked the sand around for a few more few minutes before leaving.

Flynn decided to follow him, ducking and weaving behind anything big enough for cover. She knew she was trailing rather sloppily, but it didn’t matter as she knew he couldn’t outrun a ghost anyway. Half an hour later, she was somewhat sure he wasn’t a disciple of any branches of magic (it was always good to be sure, those magic users were always the jumpy, trigger-happy sort) and therefore the mark wasn’t of his own doing, obviously radiating evil magic. It was strong, and looking at the sickly mark made Flynn shudder. Curious and curiouser, she thought.

She floated above the crowd, waving at the few who looked up inquisitively, until she was floating to the side of the man.

She made certain to smile, it seemed to make the living less of a gibberish wreck, and waved her hand in front of the man's face, “Hello.”
PC art by MelloLover@DA
Flynn Maidrus
being dead has its perks

Words: 28885
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2011, 4:53 am
Race: Ghost
Character sheet

Postby Darik on January 10th, 2012, 11:24 pm

A soft voice, ghostly almost, rode on the wind straight into Darik’s ear. He didn’t discern what it meant, he just knew something, or someone meant him harm. He lashed out with his dagger in the direction of the voice, intending to catch it off guard. His arm became oddly cold, but he pulled back and stabbed again. He did this once more, unaware of her current situation. If she had been living it would have hit her heart, her gut, and straight between her ribs.

As he regained his senses he saw a young woman smiling at him. His first thought was of horror. He had killed this young lass! But he quickly dismissed the thought. There was no body at her feet for him to pickpocket, and why would someone smile at their killer? Usually Darik would immediately start trying to woo her, but what’s the point of trying to make love to someone if they can’t feel it?

“What do you want? I got places to go, people to meet.” This woman was interrupting his perfectly lazy day. No doubt he wouldn’t be able to calm down for at least three hours, his adrenaline was still pumping on the false pretense of getting attacked. This woman really should learn to not sneak up on people, sure she was a ghost and could cause no harm to the living, but it was still polite.

After he spoke, he thought about what he said. It sounded harsh and unreasonable. He really didn’t want to find out if ghosts could cry. If they could, her doing it would break Darik’s heart. If there was a weakness for him, it would be girls. ”Umm….,” Whenever he found himself truly in the wrong and he was apologizing for it, he always seemed to never find the words to explain himself. ”Sorry, I’ve just had some bad experiences with ghosts.”

For once in his life, he spoke the truth. He had encountered the Craven, ghosts of pure evil. But, even before then, he had never liked ghosts. When he was young boy in Sylrias he had met a malignant ghost in their apartment. They got a man to come clear up the ghost relatively fast. The man’s profession alluded Darik’s mind. Did it start was Spear, Spur, or even Spir? This brought up another question, was the girl running away from an S man? Only the girl knew. Let’s just hope she would share some of her story with Darik.
Darik
Troublemaker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Flynn Maidrus on January 11th, 2012, 3:15 am

Well, Flynn was expecting those stabs. Being a ghost never got old. She was surprise at how immediately he attacked, though. That usually happened later, like they somehow expected sharp, pointy knives to harm her. The man gave her a horrified look, perhaps because he was not sure why she was on the floor or something? Jeez. Ruuuude.

She eyed a particular passerby who had been within arm’s width of the rude man while he was displaying his stab-happy tendencies. He looked pale and shaken. Probably hasn’t been a resident of Sunberth for long, Flynn thought. She gave him what she thought was a comforting, sympathetic look, but the man whitened further at the eye contact. He didn’t run immediately, however, and Flynn gave him points for that.

"What do you want? I‘ve got places to go, people to meet." Oh, it was the rude man speaking. "Umm....," he seemed at a lost for words, "Sorry, I’ve just had some bad experiences with ghosts."

She was surprised. First he stabbed her, then he rudely dismissed her, and then he apologized? Well, he seemed nice enough. "No worries, no harm done, obviously. Shame about those other ghosts." Bad experiences? Flynn raised an eyebrow. Was that where he got that mark on his arm? Knowing so many ghosts, you’d think he’d stop stabbing them.

"Do you always attack people who try and talk to you?" she raised an eyebrow in amusement. "It’s not like you’re going anywhere. You’ve been wandering around without aim for like... the last half hour, at least," Flynn knew it was a bad idea, but she could not resist saying, because she knew the man would probably freak out. It was another one of her favorite pastimes as a ghost.
PC art by MelloLover@DA
Flynn Maidrus
being dead has its perks

Character sheet

Postby Darik on January 12th, 2012, 1:53 am

The ghost was laid back, obviously smoothed by the years of not living a mortal life. In truth, ghosts were the weakest souls to inhabit the world. They were much too cowardly to be reborn, so they stayed in the mortal world, fragments of their regular selves. Of course Darik didn’t tell her this, he really wanted to work on not insulting women.

She still had a part of her original personality though. Everything about the dead is much more, what’s the word…softer. So when she was alive she must have been quite obnoxious with her constant questioning. ”No, that’s just plain stupid! I only do it upon those who haven’t identified themselves to me. Usually his ears would alert him to the intruder so he could regain his composure. But this ghost had appeared out of literally, nowhere, and had given Darik no time to prepare for her onslaught.

The ghost had been following him for part of the morning. This unnerved Darik greatly, he thought he had learned how to sniff out all forms of spying. Guess he wasn’t trained in detecting the dead. ”Who are you working for and why? Darik stared her down. He obviously considered himself a wanted man, so he was just being cautious. He doubted that she was a spy, she had been much to open to talking to him, but it never to find out for sure.

He needed to make sure his words carried weight with them though. This meant adding a threat to it. “If you don’t tell me, I promise I will get a spear, spur, spiri, or whatever that thing is that controls your kind.” It was a bit sad giving a threat when you didn’t even know its name. Also, Darik wasn’t even sure it affected pleasant ghosts. How would he know, he had only see them work on mean ghosts. But then again, when do things depend on level of kindness?
Darik
Troublemaker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Flynn Maidrus on January 12th, 2012, 4:29 am

"No, that’s just plain stupid! I only do it upon those who haven’t identified themselves to me.”

Flynn thought Darik looked quite unsettled, or was it just her imagination? Well, the man already didn’t like her very much already, with her sneaking up on him and his past experiences with ghosts. And if he attacked all who greeted him unannounced, that raised the question of how many he had killed accidently. It is bound to happen someday, she mused. But it wasn’t like anybody cared if one person dropped the face of the earth, the world was a dangerous place with deaths left and right.

Ah, she shouldn’t have gone down that train of thought. Her Soulmist twisted around agitatedly and she had to remind herself of her pride to calm down. ‘No more breakdowns’ was a vow Flynn made to herself after recently finding herself incorporeal. She still had to find someone.

”Who are you working for and why?” Dear Rhysol, how paranoid could this man be? It was like he expected everyone to be after him. She quirked her lips in amusement and did not answer just yet, waiting for him to go on.

“If you don’t tell me, I promise I will get a spear, spur, spiri, or whatever that thing is that controls your kind.”

What the hell was he going on about now? Spears and spurs couldn’t harm or control her, and spiri sounded positively harmless, bubbly and cute even.

Oh. Oh. Was Spiritist what he meant? He could call them all he wanted, Flynn wasn’t hurting anyone. She might even barter with them for delicious Soulmist, if she could find one of those pesky disciples. They were getting a bit rare nowadays.

“You think I’m after you?”
Flynn didn’t want to mention how easy it would be to kill him, he was suspicious enough already, “No, I...” What did she want from him, again? He was interesting, so she followed him out of habit. Being a ghost was boring and more than a bit depressing. She licked her lips out of habit. “I... wanted to make a deal.”
PC art by MelloLover@DA
Flynn Maidrus
being dead has its perks

Character sheet

Postby Darik on January 12th, 2012, 11:38 pm

The girl seemed quite surprised at his accusations. She seemed completely sincere in her astonishment, at least according to her blurry facial features. Because of her being dead, her face and her whole body in fact, were blurred. So what may have been anguish, could be a smirk on her lips. But Darik was going to give her the benefit of the doubt. Why would a woman even want to do him harm anyway?

When she said what she wanted, this surprised him. He didn’t ask why she wanted a deal, he learned long ago that you were much safer not knowing the intention of the dealer. But her offering him a deal was surprising. What could a ghost possibly offer him for his services? Inheritance money from its former life? A Family heirloom worth gems in weight? ”Well be better discuss this in a less…open area. Follow me.” He motioned with his hand to follow him.

It didn’t take long to get off the main streets and into an alley. The real reason why he had moved was because Darik was fearful of Sunberth’s streets. He liked open areas, but the streets were anything but. Walking upon those loosely traveled roads was asking for trouble to brew. He leaned back onto the wall trying to make himself comfortable. Depending on the contract, he could be listening to her voice for quite awhile.

When she finally caught up with him, he spoke. ” So, what’s this deal you are willing to make with me? Do you want someone killed or something stolen? Do you want someone to “disappear”, or do you want one of your enemies blamed for a murder? And also, what is my payment for this deal?” He didn’t know why, but it made him feel epic giving that little blurb. He sounded completely utterly badass.
Darik
Troublemaker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Flynn Maidrus on January 16th, 2012, 11:19 pm

Flynn followed Darik with minimal movements, simply gliding by. She felt confused as to why they needed to talk about this in a dark alley way out of all places. She didn’t even feel the need to talk about this secretively at all, the streets would’ve been fine as there weren’t many people around anyways. But she was relieved all the same, Sunberth didn’t take to magic and that meant her as well.

“So, what’s this deal you are willing to make with me? Do you want someone killed or something stolen? Do you want someone to ‘disappear’, or do you want one of your enemies blamed for a murder? And also, what is my payment for this deal?”

Wow. Flynn had heard of these sorts of things, rendezvous in dark alleys for talks of assassinations, talks of payments and all things illicit, but she didn’t think it’d be this... cliche. She guffawed, hiccuping as she ended. Really, the 'illegal’ side of the city didn’t seem so dark—well, in Sunberth everyone was a lawbreaker—, didn’t seem deserving of hushed tones and overlooked shoulders.

“Just thinking of some things unrelated,” Flynn said, “Sorry. Hm, when I said a deal...” She paused, was the mark on Darik’s arm a touchy subject? She hoped not, “I meant what I could do for you. What would you, the living, want? Power, revenge, money, safety? I’ll help you achieve your goal.” Flynn added as a finishing touch, “And you can’t lie to me, I had Tyveth’s Gnosis when I was still alive, and it still applies when I'm dead.” A bold-faced lie, but if he confused spur with spiritist, he didn’t know a whit about magic.
PC art by MelloLover@DA
Flynn Maidrus
being dead has its perks

Character sheet