Cooking away her Frustrations (Solo)

Sira is frustrated when she wakes up and finds Addy is not around and finds peace in the kitchens.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Postby Sira on November 2nd, 2011, 1:15 am

Timestamp: 50th of Fall, 511 AV

Sira yawned and stretched lazily, kicking the sheets into a bundle at her feet. Splayed out across the entire bed it took Sira a few chimes to realize that something was missing. There was no naked healer to keep her warm without the blanket on top of her. That was odd.. Addy never woke up before Sira didn't, even with the whole baby thing. In fact Sira usually woke up earlier than her normal sleep cycle required, darting across the aerie in a frantic rush to the bathroom most mornings. Which Sira promptly did, noticing along the way that Addy was neither in the common room or the bathroom when Sira reached it. That meant that Addy was probably not in the aerie, which meant she was probably visiting Eoin again.

When Sira left the bathroom it was in an angry mood. Sure, she acted like she didn't mind Eoin and Addy spending time together, but there was something about it all that just bothered her. Of course she had no proof that that was what Addy was actually up to, and she didn't know about the healers festering drug problem, but it didn't matter to Sira. And she wasn't about to call out over their bond to find out the truth. She wasn't willing to let Addy know how much ot bothered her, even if her logic didn't make any sense.

So... Sira was angry. Not that unusual for her in her current state, but she didn't want to be angry. She needed something to take her mind off of things, and so Sira headed down to the kitchens. Yes, food was always a good answer to her problems. Food never let her down, it never made her angry, and it never ran off with a handsome man while Sira was lonely and irritable! So when the smell of fresh cooking food reached her nose as she neared the kitchen and Sira's stomach nearly turned a somersault she was unsurprisingly sadly.

"What!? Now I can't eat either!? You had better be the cutest petching baby I've ever seen, or so help me I will throw you to the widows!"

Somehow Sira failed to notice all the people staring at her, standing naked in the cafeteria, screaming at her bulging belly. At least.. she failed to notice for about two and three quarters more seconds. Then she looked up and saw, and then she looked back down and saw some more, and then of she had a mirror she would have seen her face turn as red as an apple. Sira was not normally one to be embarrassed about nudity. Being a kelvic she often walked around in public completely naked, and it wasn't the first time she had forgotten to get dressed before leaving the aerie, but not now. Not when she was a petching cow!

"Um... um.. sorry. Uh.. Nothing to see here. Um.. does anyone have a katinu I could borrow?"

Word Count500 Words
Nari | Common
Italics are Telepathic
Sira
Player

Words: 737381
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2010, 3:42 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Overlored (1) Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Sira on November 2nd, 2011, 1:20 am

Sira was saved by a chef. What was it about chefs that made them so awesome? Eoin was a chef, and she didn't know this nice man's name but he was a chef too, and he had immediately come to her aid rushing the poor kelvic into the kitchens and offering her an apron to cover herself up with. Of course this was a much older, though not unattractive, man than Eoin was, so Sira wasn't really into him. But he was still sweet to help her, and when he spoke his voice was soft and gentle. "Are you alright, sweetie pie? You sort of lost it out there. I'm guessing the baby must be making you pretty stressed for you to forget your clothes and have an outburst like that?"

Sira sighed and nodded. It wasn't just the baby, but the old man didn't know that. Sira looked up into the kind chefs eyes, wondering how this man could be so nice and fatherly and make her feel better when Eoin who was also a chef could be so evil and horrible and try to steal Addy away from her! Suddenly Sira felt the urge to confess everything to the old man, to just vent all her fears, rage, and concern upon him and let it all out. And she did.

"It's not just the baby, it's Addy! I think she is sneaking around with another person and she thinks I'm ugly and fat and she doesn't love me as much anymore, and his guy is so nice and handsome and how could she not want him more than me and she was gone this morning and I just know she is with him and I know I must sound crazy but I don't care and the worst part if all is.." Sira paused to finally take a breath before finishing quietly, "..I told them I was okay with it." Sira shook her head, "Petching dek licker," she muttered under her breath as she thought of Eoin.

The old chef took it all in stride and when Sira was finally done he smiled that sweet fatherly smile and patted Sira on the head, tussling her hair affectionately. "Now that's just ridiculous, dear. I can't possibly imagine her loving some man over a beautiful woman like you. I'm sure it will all work out, darling, don't you worry. How's about you help me out for a bit to get your mind off things?"

Sira giggled softly as he tussled her hair and a genuine smile crept across her face. "I'd love to," she said as she looked up into his eyes, "...but.. I don't know how to cook."

"That's alright," he responded as he turned to an empty pot on the stove. "I'll give you something easy to start with. You're gonna brew some tea while I prepare the eggs. And when that's done you can help me with the hotcakes." The chef took Sira's hand and pulled her up next to him, handing her some green and brown leaves. "Simple as can be, just drop those in the water, wait for it to boil and stir it occasionally. In about five chimes taste it, and if it needs more flavor let it boil a little longer. Easy, right?"

Sira nodded. "Right."

Dek Licker :
Dek Licker
(to lick a dek)

A derogative phrase used by the upper castes of Wind Reach. Most often used to insult a person they find revolting, such as the idea of licking a dek.

Word Count551 Words
Nari | Common
Italics are Telepathic
Sira
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Sira on November 2nd, 2011, 1:24 am

The tea was very easy. Just as she was told Sira dropped the leaves into the pot and let them boil, stirring occasionally. Normally one wouldn't have to stand over the tea and watch it, but Sira didn't know that and found it comforting. The hot steam felt good and was relaxing as she breathed it in. Every so often the chef would look over and smile, knowing all too well that breathing in the tea would relax her, and once she drank some of it, it would calm her unhappy belly.

Sira watched the leaves dance around the pot as the water boiled and her troubles seemed to evaporate away like steam on the water. When the tea was finally done the chef came and poured her a cup and bid her sit and drink. Sira sipped at the brew, smiling as it warmed her belly and she felt it's unrest finally calm. The baby seemed to like it too and Sira felt it move around a bit before settling once more. "I think the baby likes it," she said with a smile.

"I bet she does," the old man agreed with a smile. "Now come and help me with these hotcakes."

Sira took another sip from her tea before standing and moving over to stand beside the chef, peering over his shoulder at the lay of ingredients before him. Though hot cakes were very simple to make, all this ingredients looked rather intimidating to the kelvic who had never cooked anything beyond roasting something over an open fire. "Alrighty now," the chef began, "This is pretty simple. Take these ingredients I have here, mix them together in that bowl, and stir. I've already got everything measured for you, so you only have to mix. Once that's done I'll let you cook a few." And with those words he left her to it. Sira stood staring down at the ingredients, feeling more than a bit overwhelmed, but soon enough she began mixing.

The first ingredient, which had the largest quantity, was a bunch of white powdery stuff. Sira wasn't very educated when it came to cooking, but she was fairly certain that the stuff was some sort of flour. Pouring it into the large bowl, Sira coughed as the flour billowed up and she breathed a little in. Waving away the flour dust with her hand Sira realized she was now covered in the white stuff and couldn't help but laugh as she dusted it off the apron.

Next she picked up a smaller bowl of more white stuff, which was finer and lighter than the flour. Sira had no clue what the stuff was but she poured it much more carefully than the flour, not wanting to breath it in. Next came eggs, something she recognized as salt, milk, and some butter. It didn't take her but a few chimes to add in all the ingredients, but when it came to stirring she realized she was going to have her work cut out for her. It took all her might to get the stirring started, but slowly but surely she got the batter moving. It was thick and heavy, but Sira watched in fascination as the random smattering of ingredients mixed together and became pancake batter. It took several chimes and occasionally the chef would come over to check on her progress, but finally on one such check up the chef proclaimed that she was done.

"Good work, Sira. Now I'll show you how to cook a few."

Word Count590 Words
Nari | Common
Italics are Telepathic
Sira
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Sira on November 3rd, 2011, 12:13 am

The mixture didn't look all that appetizing in its liquid state, but that didn't stop Sira from licking some of the batter off her fingers after she was done. Delicious. Really, it was so good. Sira couldn't wait to eat the finished product, so when the chef invited her to cook a few Sira practically pranced over to the large cooking surface. Note to self: Make these for Addy and Sai one day, and the tea.

"Alright, Sira, this part is pretty easy also. Just take some of the batter and plop it on there. We'll go ahead and just do one, that way if you burn it there's no harm done, alright?"

Sira nodded in understanding, thankful that the man was going so far to get her mind off her troubles despite their caste differences. The elderly were truly amazing, they were able to look past silly things like rank and just be people when the situation called for it. It was true that a day from then Sira would probably not hesitate to order the man around, but on this day the two were just equals enjoying one another's company. Sira dipped the ladle and scooped up a sizable amount of pancake mix, probably too much, but the old chef didn't say anything about it.

"So.. I just pour it on there?"

The chef nodded and Sira tipped the spoon, causing the batter to pour down onto the heated slab used to cook various foods. Immediately the batter began to sizzle and simmer, the thin edges bubbling and then hardening as they cooked to a nice, slightly crisp texture. "This will only take a moment. When you see little bubbles in the middle it means it's time to flip. And this is what we use for that." The chef handed Sira a large spatula, obviously designed for flipping multiple hot cakes at once, and Sira took it with a grin. She felt silly holding such a large utensil for just one hot cake, and so she decided to be silly as well.

Sira watched the pancake intently, like an eagle watching a mouse waiting for the chance to dive. As soon as she saw a bubble appear, something so small that only her eyes could possibly see she darted in with the spatula and flipped the pancake up, high into the air. The not so ready breakfast item flew up, fell apart as it flipped, and splattered down all over them making a mess everywhere. Both stood in stunned silence as their minds processed just exactly what had happened until it was broken by the sudden and uproarious laughter of the chef.

"I told you wait until you saw bubbles," he gasped between laughter.

"I did see a bubble!"

"Darling, there weren't no bubbles on that hot cake." Still chuckling the chef shook his head and ladled another cake onto the grill. "Okay, let's try this again. You just wait until I say go, and then you can flip it. And not so high this time."

Word Count508
Nari | Common
Italics are Telepathic
Sira
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Sira on November 9th, 2011, 1:21 am

Sira nodded and reached for the ladle again, scooping out another spoonful of mix and plopping it onto the cooking surface. She stared intently as it sizzled, determined to get it right. She was an Endal, she wouldn't let some silly hotcake defeat her. She would cook it, she would eat it, and it would be delicious. The pancake was defiant, it's sizzling continuing as it mocked her, but Sira watched closely. The chef stood over her, watching as well, and when she saw little bubbles begin to form and noted that the edges of the pancake were getting crisp she knew it was time. Sira set aside her ladle and armed herself with the giant spatula, deftly sliding it under the cake and flipping it in one swift motion. The pancake flopped unceremoniously down on it's uncooked side and continued to sizzle. Sira noted with a triumphant look in her eye that the cooked side was nicely browned and appeared un-burnt. So far everything was going according to plan, but the hard part was in knowing when the second side was ready.

"Now for this part it's easier to just listen," the chef explained, "and when the sizzling slows down go ahead and flip it over to check your progress. If it looks done take it off, if not flip it back over."

The man's logic was sound, and Sira did know what a finished pancake looked like so she was fairly sure she would be able to determine when it was done. Her ears strained as the sizzling pancake continued to taunt her, daring her to take it off to early. Sira wouldn't be fooled, nor would she be made a fool of either, not like the last attempt. The sizzling seemed less frequent! The spatula darted in, propelled by the force of Sira's arm, and slid under the pancake. She flipped it before it had a chance to protest, and in that moment she saw that it was not done. Quickly she flipped it back over and waited once more. The pancake just laughed at her mistake and kept on cooking, as if it didn't care that Sira was planning to eat it as soon as it was done. Oh, the pancake could taunt her all it liked, but they both knew Sira would be the victor in the end. She flipped the cake again and examined it's golden brown skin. Yes, the pancake was done, and Sira removed it from the grill and put it on a plate.

"I'll be having my breakfast now. Thankyou for the lesson. You can have your apron back."

Sira strode out into the cafeteria, naked as the moment she had entered. She didn't need the apron anymore, she had been victorious and reclaimed her dignity. Her plate, pancakes stacked high under the one she had made on top, and her glass of tea, in hand, Sira returned to her aerie. She sat down on one of the plush couches and poured syrup all over the stack of pancakes. The one on top waited for her in silence, and Sira imagined that she saw it quiver with fear. Yes, she had won. The pancake was hers, and as she shoveled the delicious breakfast into her mouth her worries and concerns about Aidara were swallowed, forgotten for the time, but not gone. Just like her breakfast, which would be broken down in her stomach and become a part of her, Her concerns about the healer would always be there lurking in the back of her mind waiting for an opportunity to show themselves again. Sira was happy, but it wouldn't be long before the doubt crept back in.

Word Count616
Nari | Common
Italics are Telepathic
Sira
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Halcyon on November 20th, 2011, 8:53 pm

Sira

Experience

Skill XP Earned
Socialization +2
Rhetoric +3
Observation +3
Cooking +5

Lores
  • Managing Emotions in a Proactive Manner
  • Forgot My Clothes...Again.
  • Baby Stress!
  • Jealous of Addy and Eion
  • Brewing Tea
  • Making Hotcakes
  • Using the Massive Spatula
  • Ta-Da! A Finished Pancake
  • Reclaiming Dignity

Congratulations, Sira! You're my first graded thread! (: I hope you're pleased with your rewards. I really enjoyed reading your thread. My favorite part was when Sira flipped the hotcake on herself. Great mental image. *tiny minuscule bubble* "FLIP!!!" /fail. Haha, failing is how we learn. A lot of people forget that, and have their PC's automatically exceed in everything he/she does. That's not how it works. Kudos to you, for obeying that simple fact of life! Sira is a captivating PC, and I'm looking forward to reading more! If you have any questions let me know!
Halcyon
But what's the world without enigma?

Words: 33815
Joined roleplay: November 19th, 2011, 12:51 am
Race: Staff account
Office