Gabrielle's Scrapbook

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Gabrielle's Scrapbook

Postby Gabrielle Seawind on November 5th, 2011, 9:12 am

Eh, I guess it won't hurt to try out this scrapbook thing. Honestly don't get the full grasp of it yet, but whatever! And so I don't forget, my NaNoWriMo word chart can be found right here!

Anyhow, this marks the fifth day of my stay here in Mizahar. It's been fun so far, and I hope I don't abandon my character here, like I've done so far in all other boards. It's a plus that this rp is much more organized and active than most other boards though!

I really want to reach my 50k words goal for November. It's one thing that's keeping my mind off my death grip of a thesis and other stressful wannabes. At the moment I have two active threads, with another two in the making. I want to have five active threads at a minimum though, and it would be reaaally great if anyone would want to help out a newbie like me. I'm not too confident to make a solo yet, because I don't know what to write about.

Aside from that, I'm trying to get back to drawing again, but I've only come up with random doodles, like the one I posted here which is a quick doodle of Gabrielle.
Gabrielle Seawind
Just Another Pirate

Words: 116325
Joined roleplay: November 1st, 2011, 12:34 pm
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Gabrielle's Scrapbook

Postby Nidassasyae on November 5th, 2011, 2:09 pm

Here's to many more days here in Miz! Welcome, and I hope you enjoy your stay :)

I love your doodle! It's really amazing, and so cuuuuute! What program did you use to draw it?
Nidassasyae
Crazy Cat Lady

Words: 222053
Joined roleplay: October 12th, 2010, 12:30 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Artist (1) Power Fork (2)
Trash Medal (1)

Gabrielle's Scrapbook

Postby Gabrielle Seawind on November 5th, 2011, 5:44 pm

I hope I enjoy my stay as well, hehe! And thanks! I used Painttool SAI... have you heard of it?
Gabrielle Seawind
Just Another Pirate

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Gabrielle's Scrapbook

Postby Nidassasyae on November 5th, 2011, 5:49 pm

Oh I love Paint Tool Sai! The pen tool for lineart is amazing, and so much better than Photoshop's! :)

Anywho, I'd love to see further drawings of Gabrielle, if you draw more in the future :)
Nidassasyae
Crazy Cat Lady

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Trash Medal (1)

Gabrielle's Scrapbook

Postby Armondir Draseer on November 5th, 2011, 5:51 pm

Whats sad is your doodle looks like that and my doodle looks like this...

Always wished I could draw. :(
If you would like a signature or any other piece of art created for your character visit click here and leave a request with a description of what you want. I will do my best to create something for you.
Armondir Draseer
Armorer

Words: 16016
Joined roleplay: November 3rd, 2011, 4:46 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Gabrielle's Scrapbook

Postby Gabrielle Seawind on November 5th, 2011, 6:04 pm

Nidassasyae, photoshop isn't too good when it comes to drawing lineart (though making lineart really does stress me out in general). I like Paint Tool Sai better than Opencanvas as well. Btw, I've seen the doodles in your scrapbook -- amazing!

Armondir, I think that's an excellent doodle! ;D
Gabrielle Seawind
Just Another Pirate

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Gabrielle's Scrapbook

Postby Nidassasyae on November 5th, 2011, 6:41 pm

I agree, Paint Tool Sai really is the best for lineart. But I do love the ease of filters and effects of Photoshop :) And thanks!

Armond, that is a prime example of a stick figure :D . And don't feel sad, it's all in finding the right medium for you to create art!
Nidassasyae
Crazy Cat Lady

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Trash Medal (1)

Gabrielle's Scrapbook

Postby Gabrielle Seawind on November 7th, 2011, 12:48 am

I agree with Nida (can I call you that? your name is so long!). Also, finding the right medium is fun in itself. :P
Gabrielle Seawind
Just Another Pirate

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Gabrielle's Scrapbook

Postby Gabrielle Seawind on November 11th, 2011, 12:22 pm

So many things going on. Our thesis which is due in less than a week and seems to be going nowhere, that stupid neighbor's dog that won't shut up, idiots who send me hate messages for something I'm not connected to, the fact that I am just so stressed by everything... I just can't. Argh. Now I'm waiting for my boyfriend to come over so we can go to the floating lantern festival, but the sky seems to be rebelling which might mean the rain might just feel like making a u-turn to mess up the night. To sum it up, this is how i feel:

And. No. I am not planking. I call it "shutting out the world", thank you very much.
Gabrielle Seawind
Just Another Pirate

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Gabrielle's Scrapbook

Postby Gabrielle Seawind on November 22nd, 2011, 3:58 pm

I applied for a part-time job in a call center today. The interviewer told me that for the next phases, I should work on my monotonous tone. Hehe. Apparently, when I speak, I sound like I'm "bored" and I'm not happy to be there. Considering that she's probably the 100th person to tell me that, I should really remember that when I step into a situation where I need to take much notice of my tone. :( Aside from that, she advised to to neutralize my Filipino accent and speak more like an American, hahahahaha.
Gabrielle Seawind
Just Another Pirate

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Next