[OPEN] How We See

Jameson sleeps on his way to Wind Reach. A strange mash-up of the things that plague him most.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Herein lies the realm of dreams, where dreamers who are scattered all over the world in the physical can come together in the mysterious world of dreams. Remember, unless one is a Dreamwalker, there is no control over dreams. Ever. Anything can happen, and by threading a dream, you are subject to whomever can walk dreams and the whims of Storytellers.

[OPEN] How We See

Postby Xnnn on November 15th, 2011, 6:22 pm

The girl collapsed, crying and speaking in a jerky, quivering voice. The Kelvic sensed the life passing away behind them, and the coming of the sun, though there was little warmth. Not knowing what else he should do, he pressed his body against the girl’s, curling about her, and bent to lick her hand.
Xnnn
shadow cat

Words: 76985
Joined roleplay: August 23rd, 2011, 4:44 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)

[OPEN] How We See

Postby Jameson Kindle on November 16th, 2011, 4:02 pm

Jameson was at a loss for words at the bleeding boy before him. Landon was yelling. The cougar was comforting the girl. The girl was, well, still screaming and crying. Mass chaos had erupted all over the place, and it was spreading like wildfire. Landon called out for anyone that might know medicine, but Jameson only shook his head. Not even a solid moment later, Landon was asking the girl, Caoin, if she could see ‘him.’ He looked up and around for the subject. Nothing.

”Does she see what? Who?” He stood up, dusting the ash of the fruit from his hands, his eyes still lingering on it, and said, ”What are you talking about? There’s no one there.” Crossing to the girl, minding to step far from the massive cat beside her, he looked around. There was no one else around.

He bent down and took her hand gently. Lifting her up and to her feet, he supported her weight against his own. With a calloused hand, he wiped the tears from her face.

”That boy is doomed. He’s gone, lost to us. None of us know medicine.” He looked to the cougar. ”You didn’t honestly think that was necessary, did you? No way he’d survive that kind of attack. Something is… Something’s off here. Everyone just needs to calm down. This isn’t… It isn’t real. Tents don’t disappear. People don’t embody our deepest nightmares and taunt us for no good reason. Plants don’t grow out of color-changing water. And we don’t walk on water. A-And…” Jameson swallowed, looking back at the ashes of the fruit. He left Caoin’s side to kneel back down before the dust. His marked hand reached out to touch what once was life. He turned his head to look at the beings around him, before everything went completely silent, and completely dark. Still nothing.

What had they missed?

OOCWe can end this here if you guys would like. I think it'd leave them with a sort of mystery, something to think about. PM me if you wanna throw something else in, or if you're ready to wake up from this freakish crap. XD Hahahah
Jameson Kindle
A blind man can see his mouth.

Words: 78246
Joined roleplay: September 21st, 2011, 8:06 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

[OPEN] How We See

Postby Legion on November 24th, 2011, 6:12 am

Thread Award

Consequence & Commentary:

As y'all are doubtless aware, no XPs can be awarded for a Dreamscapes thread. However, lores can. I don't want to break them down PC by PC. It doesn't feel appropriate. I'm too into the vibe of what y'all wrote. So here's the deal.

• Every PC involved has recognition of every other PC in this thread should they cross paths outside of the Chavena. This dream will be recalled with stark clarity and in excruciating detail.
  • You will awake with a deep sense of empty, of having missed something of terrible portent. It will motivate you in your endeavors and ground you in your intents.
  • You will not dream at all for the twenty-one days save in replay of this one.

Questions, comments or concerns are more than welcome in my PM box. I'm always willing to listen. Write on.
Legion

Denval Forum | Denval News | Denval Lore
Lhavit Forum | Lhavit News | Lhavit Lore

I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Legion
Boom, backflip.

Words: 114213
Joined roleplay: September 10th, 2011, 6:23 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Previous